"I Hurt You"

Our Ghostly Cupids

"Let's make the sound realistic." Zico cupped her face using his free hand and savoured her lips he longed for so much.

Hara gratefully accepts every kiss as she answers back with her lips. Just then, blurry images started to appear on her mind. It was images of this place, a drenched man, and moments of them kissing. Her head started to hurt again which made her pull off from the kiss. She pushed him gently on his chest.

Zico saw her unwell face.

"I'm sorry. I got carried away-"

"Have we met before?" Hara asked all of a sudden.

"What?"

"I feel like I've seen this place already." She stood and scanned the place again. Her head hurt again until she lost her balance and fell unconscious. Zico caught her just in time.

Morning came. Hara wakes up on the bed. She turned to her side and saw Zico sleeping. His back resting on the wall, he was sitted at the floor.

Hara stares at his sleeping figure and analyze his features. Another set of blurry image crossed her mind.

As she was reaching out to his face, she winced as she remembers doing the same. To the same sleeping figure. The same soft features.

*Who are you, really?* She thought then gazed at him again.

Zico started to move awake and caught Hara's stares.

"You like what you're seeing?" He stretches his back and stood carefully.

"Does your head still hurt?" He checks on her. Hara sat on the bed and shook her head.

"That's good. Fix your things. We'll leave after you're done." Zico left to the kitchen.

Hara took her time and studied the place again as she roam her eyes around. A hair clip then caught her eyes. It was the clip Zico gifted her. She lost it while the two of them fought with the old man's men back then.

Zico came back from the kitchen and saw she was holding the wind blowing designed hair clip.

"Why do you have a girl's hair clip?" She held the pin up.

Zico pick it up from her hand. He looks at it and then back at her face.

"This once belonged to someone special." He replied, reminiscing.

"What happened?" Hara questioned.

"She left."

"For someone else?"

He snorted. "I'm not sure."

"Did you do something to hurt her?" She eyed him.

"I did. I hurt her a lot."

"How?"

"Yah. Why are you asking so many questions? Wasn't your recordings due today?" He reminded her.

"Oh ! I almost forgot!" She scrams out of the bed and went to save her recordings from the computer. And as she was doing that, Zico was just watching her back.

*I hurt you, a lot* he grasped the pin on his hand.

The two then drove back and carefully parked the car where they took it yesterday. Good thing there wasn't much people around.

"By the way, do you still have the envelope that Donglim's parents gave?" Hara asked Zico as soon as he stopped the car's engine.

"Ne. It's here." He pulled out the envelope from his arm sling support.

"Good. Let's place it here as compensation for the car's damages." Hara took it and placed it to the compartment in front of the passenger's seat.

They then sneaked out of the car and pretended like nothing happened as they walked casually back to the beach's shoreline.

Hara's stomach then started grumbling.

"You wanna grab something to eat?" Zico jabbed back to NaYoung's restobar.

Hara smiled sheepishly and nodded.

They proceeded to the Pyo's place. Hara noticed it wasn't yet opened.

"It says it isn't open until 3pm." Hara pulled Zico's shirt.

"Just follow me." He smirked and made his way to the back, Hara trailing behind.

"Noona annyeong!" Zico greeted NaYoung and sat at one of the resto's seat.

"Oh! Hara!" NaYoung called.

"A-annyeong haseyo." She bowed in greeting.

"You know me?" Hara asked bewildered.

Zico gave her a look and shook his head.

"A-ah yeah. Aren't you Lee Byunghun's guest? You've been the talk of the town." She managed to think of an excuse.

"I guess oppa's really that kind of popular here." She sat herself at the same table.

"So you really did came together with him? Are you dating him?" NaYoung sat in front of her and curiously asked.

"I often get that but I honestly don't. He's like a big brother to me. He's just really a good guy." She denied.

"Not really." Zico side comments.

NaYoung spank him from her behind and hit his injured arm.

"Oh! What happened to you?" She turns to face Zico.

"Noona, angels fall from the sky don't they? I just didn't land properly. So here." He jokes.

"Aiyaa. This kid." She made a face while Hara laughs at his joke.

NaYoung turn again to Hara.

"Are you hungry?"

"Noona. You've known me longer. Shouldn't you ask me first?" Zico leaned on NaYoung's back.

NaYoung narrowed her brows and stood to let Zico fall from leaning on her back.

"I'll cook something for you." NaYoung smiles at Hara and left to cook.

--------------------------------------------

"Woah! Oysters! Buttered shrimps! Ommo!" Hara was amazed by the food NaYoung served.

"You like those, don't you?" NaYoung remembered her favorites.

"Ne. These are my favorites." Hara smiled excited to taste the scrumptious meal.

"Go on. Dig in!" NaYoung gestured them to start.

Hara started peeling her shrimp and just when she was about to put one on , she noticed Zico was having troubles peeling his shrimps. She pushed the shrimp towards Zico's mouth.

"Ahhh~!" Hara instructed.

Zico and NaYoung exchange looks. NaYoung chuckles and shook her head with a smile.

Zico hesitated for a sec but ate it anyway.

"You have a baby sitter again." NaYoung mouthed at Zico while he replied with a shake of his head and a make-face.

"By the way, P.O was asking about you last night. You didn't went home?" NaYoung asks as she peels herself a shrimp.

"Something came up. I wasn't able to tell them I couldn't make it home."

"What is it?"

"We found a lost boy yesterday and accompanied him until his parents found him." Hara answered for him while she continue placing peeled shrimps on his plate.

"Wait a minute. You were the guys who met with the two kidnappers lurking around the beach last night?"

"You know about that?" Zico asks.

"Yeah. It's all over the beach. This is just a small place. News like that spread here like wildfire." NaYoung said

"Do you think those people were with those guys last night?" Hara turns to Zico.

"What do you mean?" NaYoung interrupted.

"Last night, some men were following us after the kidnappers were caught by the coastguards. Maybe they wanted to take revenge." Zico explains.

"Wait, is that why you got your arm injured?" NaYoung asked again.

"The kidnapper was about to hit me with a huge rock. He covered me and ended up hurting herself." Hara's eyes were full of admiration and sorry.

NaYoung made an 'oh-I-see' face which made Zico eye here.

The three of them continued to eat their meal while exchanging chats.

Hara helped NaYoung to clean up after eating. She volunteered to wash the dishes even if NaYoung tried to stop her, she insisted. NaYoung then took the chance to have a private conversation with her.

"Hey. Uhm .. so .. How've you been? I mean, what do you do in life?" NaYoung almost forgot that Hara doesn't remember her anymore.

"Well, I used to work at a cafe and do DJ-ing. But now I only do voice acting on a radio drama."

"Oh I see. So how did you end up with Lee Byunghun?"

"Oppa? Oh. He saved my life more than a year ago. I had do undergo brain surgery and he happened to be there."

"Ah right. He's a doctor. Uhm .. how about Zico? You two seem to be close to each other." She interrogated.

"Him? Aniyo. I only know him for a short while."

"Hmm?"

"As you might've known, they are about to debut as a group soon. I invited them on my program twice. And I was actually surprised that Byunghun oppa and them knew each other."

"Yeah. They met here at my place because of someone."

"Ne?"

"Long story. But they weren't much of friends. They used to hate him because of a girl." NaYoung tried to hint.

"A girl? Right. After all Byunghun oppa's always been so friendly towards girls. They probably liked the same girl. Block B's a group of very attractive men." Hara commented.

"Well, Byunghun and Zico in particular liked the same girl that's why the two of them never got along ever since."

"Oh jinjja (really)?" *I wonder if it's the same girl he's pertaining to earlier*

"You know, that girl was so lucky to have been loved by the boys. Block B takes care of her, oh, I meant she took care of the boys." NaYoung chuckled.

"Wah. That sounds like fun. I bet she really was lucky to be around those guys."

"Very. But she had only been fond of only one person. She only had eyes for him." NaYoung points her finger at Zico.

"Oh." Hara replied as she peaks from washing, to Zico.

"So what happened to them?" She asks.

"Their fate got intertwined. Zico blames himself for causing the girl's closest loved ones die."

"Why what happened?" Hara was curious but before NaYoung could answer, they heard someone outside calling Hara's name.

"Hara! Are you here?!" Byunghun calls.

"It's oppa." Hara wiped her hands on a cloth and made her way to the door. Zico also stood from being seated and went to the door as well.

Hara opened the door and Byunghun attacked her with a tight hug.

"Where have you been? I've been searching for you since last night."

Zico, using his available arm separates the two and broke the hug.

"She was with me. You didn't have to worry. She's safe with me" Zico slung his arm on her shoulder.

Byunghun raised a brow, sneered and mumbled,

"Was she really though?" He was making a point regarding what happened to Hara a year ago when she was on Zico's side.

"Let's go." Byunghun took Hara's hand. Zico grabbed the other which made Hara caught in between the two gentlemen.

Memories flashed before her eyes again. She was seeing a blurry image of two men tugging both of her hands just like now. She saw Byunghun's face got cleared on her thoughts but couldn't recognize the other.

She pulled her hand which was on Byunghun's hold and held his head because of the sudden flash of images.

"Are you okay?" Zico held her head. She nodded weakly.

"Let's go back to the hotel so you can have some rest." Byunghun was about to grab her hand again when Zico held him.

"Yeah. Let's do that." Zico made a mocking smile and drop his hand. He walks Hara out while assisting her and bid goodbye to NaYoung over his shoulder.

"Some things never change." NaYoung shook her head and smiled as the three of them hopped inside the Lee's car.