"I've Never Been This Happy"

Our Ghostly Cupids

It was a normal day and school was about to end. Within a few months the boys’ graduation will take place.

Hara was with Zico at his homeroom as usual when she suddenly felt a short struck in her head, she winced and Daniel and Sulli noticed this.

“Hara, kwenchanha?” Daniel asked which made Zico turn his face to them.

“Wae?” Zico asked.

“Nothing. I’m okay.” She waved her hand and gently massaged her temple.

———————

“Aaah! Finally school’s done.” B-Bomb heavily sighed.

“Yeah right. I’m so tired.” Jaehyo yawns.

“Are you sure you’re tired? Don’t you want to go party tonight?” Kyung walked backwards facing them while dancing.

“Party?!” All of the boys’ eyes twinkled.

“Eep! Nope. No partying for the next months to come.” Hara declared.

“What?!” They all whined.

“But why?” P.O cried while swaying Hara’s arms like a kid.

“Remember, you guys aren’t yet sure if you get your slot for graduation.”

“But noona-“ 

“No more buts. We are not going to a bar tonight but to buy books for your reference. Kaja!”

 

Hara was determined to help the boys and make sure they all pass all their subjects because she wants to see them all to graduate altogether.

 

Hara was sitted at the kitchen, making sandwiches for the boys when she felt her head hurt again.

“Unnie. Does your head still hurt?” Sulli inquired, worried.

“A little.” Hara replied.

“Don’t you think you’re overworking yourself?” Daniel said.

“I’m okay oppa. This will be gone after I get some sleep.” She continued spreading the jam on a sliced loaf.

 

U-Kwon came to the kitchen, saw Hara massaging her temple and went to her side.

“Hara, you okay?” He checked up on her, while Zico who saw their sight from a distance, unintentionally broke his pencil’s lead.

“Ne. I’m fine. Are you guys done with your work?” Hara replied.

“Ani. We still have problems to answer.”

--------------------------------------------------

All throughout the remaining months before graduation, Hara kept the boys busy with both studying and training.

After all the stressful weeks of exams and sleepless nights of studying, the results day finally arrives.

All of the boys’ hardships and Hara’s tutoring paid off when the boys all greeted Hara with full smiles.

“We passed!”

“I’m a sure graduation candidate!”

“We all are!”

“Noona I’m officially going to graduate!”

They all happily told her the great news.

“I knew you guys could do it. You just had to believe in yourself!” She rubbed P.O’s head.

“We wouldn’t be able to do it without you. Thank you Hara.” B-Bomb tapped her head.

“Thank you!” They all thanked her at once and gave her a group hug.

“Aigoo. My boys are all grown up. Who would have thought these self-called gangsters are going to graduate.” Hara mocks.

“Yah! We are real gangsters!”

“Didn’t thought so! Ha!” Hara replied and went to run for her life.

“Yah!” The boys ran after her.

“Hurry up slowpokes, chicken and beers on me!”

—————————————

“Hara.” Zico called. They were the only people awake at the hangout. All of the boys had already passed out. The two had already left for bed, both had some shots but aren’t too drunk.

“Hm?” She replies while taking a dip on her tacos.

“Thank you.” Zico smiled a sincere smile. Hara met his eyes and stopped for a moment then answered

“You guys kept on saying thanks, don’t you get tired?” she laughs. She took a bite when some of the dip left on her lip. She then drank and some of the dip on her lips transferred to the bottle’s lid. Zico then reacted.

“Aigoo. Look at her. Your lips are so dirty.” Zico wipes out the lid with his sleeve.

“Yah! Didn’t you know what others say. ‘You should never tell a girl that her lips are dirty because she might kiss you’.” she made a face.

Zico hissed and said, “Why? I’m just pointing it out.” 

“Aigoo. You just want me to kiss you, don’t you?” Hara with slight kick of alcohol, eyes him.

“Yah. Do I look like I want a kiss fr-“

He was about to finish his sentence when Hara’s soft lips landed on his. It wasn’t just peck but it didn’t lasted 5 seconds.

“Yup. You do.” Hara casually drink beer some more, leaving Zico stunned.

“I told you, do not tell girls -“ this time, Hara didn’t finish what she was about to say when Zico pinned her to his bed and planted his lips against hers.

Hara, answered his lips that time. She wraps her arms onto him while he took her head to place it on a better position.

Zico then felt something on his hands, when he open his eyes, he saw that Hara was crying. He withdrew his lips and went to face her.

“Why are you crying?” He asks.

Hara shook her head and continued sobbing onto him while her arms are still wrapped on him.

Zico hugged her tighter.

“Oppa.” Hara calls.

“Thank you.”

“Hm? Why are you the one thanking now?”

“I’ve never been this happy in my life. That’s why I’m thanking you. You, and the Block B boys. You guys made me live again.”

Hara was all crumbled inside Zico’s embrace like a kid and this was actually the first time Zico had felt like he was the one protecting Hara.

“No Hara. You are the one who deserves to be thanked. You gave direction to our lives. Without you, do you even think either of us could be walking up receiving our dimploma? We would probably live like any gang you can see outside. Party, fights, girls. That’s why we all thank you for helping all of the boys.

And I.” Zico took her head and met eyes with her.

“I thank you so much for coming into my life.” Zico stared at her and wiped her cheek with his thumb then met their foreheads.

“I promise to protect you with all that I can. Not because it is my duty, but because..” Hara faced him and 

“I “ she kisses his forehead.

“Love “ she kissed his nose.

“You “ she finally met lips with him while Zico gladly answered back.

It was the happiest moment for Zico when he heard right from that she actually has feelings for him, a feeling that he has for her too.

They have been suppressing their emotions as hard as they can. But maybe because the alcohol kicked in and their feelings finally met each other longingness that neither of the two held back from the kiss.

Meanwhile, Hara feels her head hurts again but she didn’t want Zico to notice this.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if someone would still read this fanfic after long years of hiatus. Evenso, I'll try my best to finish this story since all the ideas are in my head (yup, even after a decade ever since I started writing the story).
So, if there is anyone who is reading this story now, I'd be really really happy if you can show me some love by leaaving a comment or subscribing ^-^ .