"You Look Beautiful Tonight"

Our Ghostly Cupids

As the night goes deeper, people got more lively. There was a live band playing, speakers were pounding, and fire dancers performing. People were jumping, dancing along the loud music. Everyone was having a great time, especially the Block B boys, well almost everyone. Zico's cheek is resting on his knuckles, eyes darted on Byunghun and Hara who were sitting side by side.

"Look at this guy's grin. Aish! I can just crample his face right now." Zico's teeth were gritting when Hara suddenly caught his gaze. His face instantly shifted to a normal one and coughed awkwardly.

"You okay?" Hara asked.

"Me? Yup! Of course." He replied while straightening his seat and taking a sip from his glass.

"Hara excuse me." Byunghun excused himself to entertain their other guests. Hara nodded and went to sit beside the alone Zico.

"Aren't you having fun?" She inquired.

"Of course I am. There are so many beautiful girls here tonight-" His words were interrupted.

"Woah! A small crab!." Hara squat and poked the little creature.

Zico was left staring at Hara's face, his mouth a bit opened, while her hair covered the side of her face.

"-especially, you." Zico continued.

Hara tucked her hair behind her ear which made Zico's heart, skip a beat.

"What was that?" She inquired.

"What what?" He asked back.

"You said something."

"Ah, I said your hair is blocking your face. Where's the pin I gave you?" He changed the topic.

"Hm. Here. I forgot to put it on." She took the pin out from her pouch.

"Aigoo. Didn't I say you should wear this all the time?" He took the pin from her.

A sweet ballad music then played.

People on the dance floor paired up and were dancing smoothly along.

"Shall we dance?" Hara casually asked Zico.

"What? Dance?" Zico echoes.

"Mhmm. Come on." Hara pulled him off his seat.

They were already standing at the dance floor.

"What are you doing?" Hara asked since he wasn't moving at all.

"You're supposed to put your hand here. See?" She placed both of Zico's hands behind her waist.

Zico can feel his heart beating fast especially because the space between them was too close.

Hara then placed her hands on his shoulder then she suddenly gave him a sweet smile.

"See, it isn't hard, right?" Hara spoke.

"Why did you asked me to dance with you?" Zico questioned.

"Well I saw you weren't enjoying much. I saw a lot of girls had asked you to dance with them but you turned them all down. I just tried my luck." She laughed and her bang flew before her face again.

This time, Zico gently tucked her hair and placed the pin he had bought on her hair. He was gazing deeply into her eyes. He then pulled her closer to him, his forehead touched hers.

*W-what the .. Stupid heart! Why are you beating so fast!* Hara thought. She then felt Zico's arms were starting to wrap around her waist, tight but at the same time, with gentleness.

"I haven't told you how beautiful you look tonight." Zico whispers to her ear which made her face blushed.

"You look very beautiful tonight, Hara." Zico looked directly on her eyes then planted a short but a very sweet kiss on her cheeks. This time, Hara's cheeks turned crimson and her heart, pounding.

"T-thank you." She shortly replied and looked away.

Zico took her chin to face him again then spoke, "Promise me that you would wear that pin all the time. So even if I am not with you, there's still a part of me that will always be with you. That's an order. Arra?" He winked.

"Ne. Arraso." She nodded ones.

"I thought you were going to hit me because of that kiss." He laughed a little.

"Y-yah! I will hit you when we get home. I just don't want to put you in shame here." She looked away.

"I like you." Zico said softly out of the blue.

"Wha-"

"May I?" Byunghun approached the two and asked to dance Hara before she could even react on what Zico said.

Zico's brows knitted, but Byunghun didn't care. He took one of Hara's hands and when Hara was about to walk off with him, Zico caught her other hand. Tension was starting to build. But Hara had to react fast before other guests could even notice.

"Youngmaster, I will just have a short dance with Byunghun-ssi. I will join you later on."

Zico then let go of her hand in defeat.

*Did I heard him right?* Hara said on her thought.

--------------------------------------------------

"Jealous?" Two ghosts appeared before Zico who was throwing daggers by his looks towards Byunghun who was dancing Hara on the dance floor.

He almost choke on his food and had to drink before he could react. 

"What the hell?!" He said a bit loud, a few people near him looked at him in wonder but he just coughed awkwardly.

"You two scared the out of me." He drank some more.

"Oppa. You're jealous." Sulli spoke.

Zico suddenly blushed and turned a bit red.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" He looked away.

"Really? You think you can keep anything to me? Especially now that I can spy on you anytime I want. It's too impossible for me to not know."

"Let's go outside. Where no one would think I'm talking to myself." Zico exited the venue along with the two ghosts and left for the shoreside.

 

"Zico-ssi. You like Hara, don't you?" Daniel straight forwardly asked.

"What? Huh?" Zico asked, panicking.

*Did they heard me earlier?*

"You don't have to keep it from us. We can see everything, you know." Sulli second.

"I can't." Zico replied.

"What do you mean you can't?" Sulli asked.

Zico sat on the sand. "She already has that blonde guy." 

"So if she 'doesn't have the blonde guy' you would admit you like her?" Daniel made a quote with his fingers.

"I guess." Zico replied after throwing a stone in the water.

"Sulli, can you leave us for awhile?" Daniel told.

"Mwo? Wae?"

"Boys talk" Daniel turned Sulli around and pushed her off. Sulli obliged and flew back to Hara.

"You know if you don't tell her what you feel, it might be too late ." He shrugged but Zico didn't respond, though he was moved by the thought.

"Look. I guess if I tell you a secret, you'll be more comfortable to tell yours to me." Daniel started and sat beside Zico.

"I've known Hara since we were little. I knew almost everything about her. We're friends since we were young 'til we grew older and become .. a couple."

Zico's head shifted to him, surprised.

"A couple?!" Zico echoed.

"Yup. You heard that right. She had already mentioned me before. If you could remember before, in the car, with P.O-ssi?"

"Y-you were that boyfriend?"

Daniel chuckled. "Yeah. Was the only guy back then who dared."

"But how did you.. What happened?" Zico was curious about his death.

Daniel just shrugged and shook his head.

"Wow. I had no idea. Hey sorry if I had shown your girl-"

"C'mon. That's all in the past now. She's not mine anymore. I know you like her, I'm also a guy so I should know. And by the looks of it, I think you have a big chance on her." Daniel said while nodding.

"I don't want to mess between you-"

Zico's words were cut with Daniel's chortle.

"I don't know if you're joking or not."

"Huh?"

"You see, Hara and I have been in this kind of situation for almost 4 year and a half now. Do you really think both of us haven't accepted reality yet? We can no longer be together and that's for a fact. That is why I promised myself to not leave her side, not until a worthy man will come and love her."

"Really?"

"Hey. Don't be awkward with me. I'm saying this, not to intimidate you, but to let you know that by loving her, you are not only giving yourself a favor, but also me."

"Is that the reason why you haven't crossed over yet?"

"Maybe? Maybe not. I don't know. All I know is, I would help Hara and stick up by her side as long as I can."

"If you don't mind, how did you.. you know, uhm"

"Died?"

Zico nodded.

"Hm, that day." Daniel tried to remember. But his thoughts were cut he suddenly saw a metal sparkled at a distance.

"Duck!" Daniel shouted.

"What?!" Zico looked behind and back to Daniel then lowered his head fast.

A bullet flown right beside his left shoulder. It left a scratch on his top. His eyes widened as he tried to run and escape the hitman.

"Damn it!

Run!" Daniel flew towards the hitman and tried to slow him down by blowing on his ear to distract him.

He materialized back to Zico then ordered.

"Press the red button!"

"What?" Zico asked while hiding himself to a nearby boat.

"The red button! On the bracelet that Hara gave you! Hurry!" Daniel demanded. Zico then pressed the red button that instantly sent a signal to Hara.

And with just a blink of an eye, Hara was already running fast towards them while searching for danger with her eyes. When Zico saw Hara was almost near, he was about to stand when he heard Hara shouted

"Stay down!" He looked up to see Hara's deadly looks. She was like a different kind of girl when she fights. He then saw Hara pulled her skirt up on her knees then pulled a small gun on one of her legs that she keeps all the time.

"Where?!" Hara asked while Daniel replied. 

"There!" He pointed out. Hara ran her way towards the gunman but it already ran off when he saw Hara running forward.

"Coward!" Sulli growled as she was floating beside Hara.

Hara stopped her tracks and rushed to Zico's side.

"Are you okay?" Hara asked, gentleness can be seen.

"Ne. Kwenchanha." He stood up and brushed off his clothes.

"Hara! He came back! But now they're a lot more!" Daniel warned.

"! Let's go!" Hara pulled Zico's hand and together ran towards the road.

"What do we do?" Zico asked while running along with Hara.

"We have to leave this place before we put other people's life in danger!"

They both ran towards the road while Hara searched for a fast car that is parked nearby. They stopped their tracks when Hara pulled her pin off and started unlocking one of the nearby cars.

"What are you doing?" Zico said while pacing back and forth in alert.

"Getting us out of here." With that, the car door unlocked so she ordered him to get in.

"Hara." Zico softly called.

Hara was so focused on trying to make the car work without the keys as she try to connect its wires.

"Don't worry I would get you off this place -"

"Why do you always have to risk your life just to save me?" Zico placed his hand over Hara's.

"I'm just doing my job." She shortly replied then tried to start the engine.

"Uhm guys. You might want to hurry. 'Cos they're already coming near." Sulli caught their attention.

With that, Hara stepped on the gas and drove the car as fast as it could run.

"Is it really just because of that reason?" Zico spoke again.

"What?" Hara replied with a bit annoyed and questioning tone.

"Is it only because of your duty that's why you're risking your life for me?" He asked again.

"You really have to put that up in this situation?" Hara answered while trying her best to concentrate on maneuvering the wheels and dodge the bullets that are flying towards them.

The car was racing to its top speed as five black cars tries to catch them from behind.

"Just answer me." Zico keep on speaking.

"Why are you even asking that for? Can't you see I have a situation here?" Hara respond as she drifted the car to an alley.

"Because someone told me that if you have something to say to someone important to you, say it before it's too late." Zico shifted his eyes to Daniel then back to Hara. Hara flashed her eyes to Daniel who just replied her with a shrug and an innocent look.

"Well, if you put it that way. I-" Hara's words were cut when.

"Damn!" Their wheels was blown up by the enemies so she had to drive it to where there was no light.

"On the count for three we'll jump off alright?" Hara turned to Zico.

"What?!" Zico panicked.

"Ready?"

"Wait! No!"

"3!!"

"What the hell! Where'd 1 and 2 go?!" Zico shouted but opened his door and jumped off anyway.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N:

HI EVERYONE! 

I'm so sorry if hadn't been active for the past years. As I've already mentioned in my previous chapters, I am already a working girl 😄 So it's really been difficult to update this story. I have all my ideas in my head but I haven't gotten time to put them piece by piece in my story. 

It's because of this Corona Virus that I actually had time to post an update. I really hope you guys are safe from this deadly disease.

As I have not been active here, I literally forgot how some functions of updating chapters work. So if my font from my previous chapters differ from this one and in the coming chapters, I hope you guys wouldn't mind.

I've been working on this story since high school (So that's about 8years ago 😳😅) but I still want to have a proper ending for this. 

Idk if there'd still be someone who will read this, but it's okay. I just want to express myself and how I loved this story even if I had been on hiatus.

If you are reading this, please do send me some love and let me know how you feel about each chapter by commenting on my updates. ❤️]