"Your Happiness Matters To Me"

Our Ghostly Cupids

As soon as Hara and Zico jumped off the car, Hara had managed to roll then stood on her feet and after, ran fast towards the bruised Zico.

"Are you okay?" She gave a quick check on him and helped him to stand.

"I thought you know math! Where the hell did you learn your counting?!" Zico blurted.

"There's no time to waste! Hurry!" Hara half drag Zico to a narrow alley. She pressed him against the wall and covered his mouth with her hands.

The space between them was too close. Zico's nose was already a few inches away from her cheek and his eyes were glued on hers. Meanwhile, Hara was making sure they will not be seen. When she suddenly noticed his gaze. Her eyes instantly shifted back to where the bad guys were while feeling her cheek turning a bit warm.

The guys were coming near. They can feel each other's hearts were both beating fast each time they hear their footsteps coming. As soon as they were standing right beside their hiding place, the heavy rain started to fall. All the men scrambled back to their cars which made the two sigh in relief.

"Finally they're gone." Zico sighed.

"We can't be sure of that. We can't go back to the others for now." Hara said as she stepped out their hiding place.

"Oppa, Sulli-ssi, you need to keep an eye on Block B oppas and tell me if anything happens. I have to hide Zico oppa somewhere else just for tonight."

"Arra. Please take care of yourselves." Daniel nodded then both of him and Sulli flew back to the party where the others were.

Hara then faced Zico when he suddenly shifted his eyes away from her which made her wonder.

"What?" Hara asked with her brow raised.

Zico coughed awkwardly, his eyes wouldn't meet hers.

"Your dress is all wet so.." Hara's dress fitted her figure a little too much since it was all soak because of the continuous rain. Her cleavage got kind of exposed as well as her waist figure.

Hara instinctively covered herself with her arms. "A-ah!" She replied with an awkward cough.

"Where should we go now? I don't have my phone or wallet with me." Zico said as he pulled out his pockets from his shorts.

"Neither do I." Hara added.

"What do we do now?" Zico asked again while brushing off the mud he got from the walls.

"I can't bring you back to the resto since those men might be waiting for us back there. And even if I want to bring you back there, it is already too far away from here." Hara explained.

"I'm not familiar to this place or to its neighboring places so I don't know any place where we could stay for tonight." Zico said problematicaly.

"I know a place where we could spend the night. But first we have to use a car again."

Hara used her techniques on a car again and drove to a place that is totally unfamiliar to Zico.

"Who's place are we going to stay?"

"Mine." She replied.

"Your place?"

*But this doesn't seem to be where Aunt lives*

After some hour of driving, she finally stopped the car. They both stepped out and Zico saw a too plain house in front.

Hara opened the gate and they both went to the front door.

"Are you sure this is your house? I don't remember this being Aunt Mae's house. You live with her don't you?"

"This house is mine alone. I seldom come here. Only when I want to be alone or for emergencies. No one knows about this place but me."

"You have your keys?" Zico wondered.

"There's no keys." She answered then pulled up a rectangular piece of wood beside the door. There was a keypad of numbers.

"Wow." Zico said amused.

"The password is 123abc." Hara told him.

"That's a very secured password huh." Zico sarcastically said.

"Any burglar will tend to think of a critical passcode if they'd try to get inside. They wouldn't even think that it is actually a simple one." She shrugged.

"If you want it to be so 'secured ', why are you telling me your house's passcode?" He asked.

"This is the only safe place you can go whenever your life gets threatened." She then pressed enter.

"I don't know if this house can keep me alive. It looks kind of -" his sentence was cut when Hara opened her house and Zico was surprised to see how the house looks so much different from outside.

"Is this for real?!" Zico walked in, mouth opened.

Hara's house was computer operated. All of the things inside where machines, advanced ones.

"This place is bulletproof, and protected with a force field. No burglar nor cannon nor bulldozer can break it in. And a few years back I made a ghost-free place too."

"No way! No freaking way!" Zico said while studying everything that his eyes see.

"It's true." She replied while pulling out a towel from one of her cabinets and passed it to him.

"But how about Daniel? That would mean he can't get in here too right?"

"Yeah. We both agreed on that.

By the way, there are no signal that can get in nor out of this place too. So if ever they would put a tracking device on you, it will automatically shut down and get broken as soon as you enter the house."

"Cool~"

"I'll just set the shower so you can clean yourself up." Hara then left.

Zico search the place even more and noticed the place was clearly made to accommodate one person only. Her kitchen set for instance is for a single person only.

It was just right then when he realized there was only one bed which made him grew worried.

*Where would I sleep later then? At the sofa?*

His eyes then caught a wall of Hara's pictures. It was like a timeline of her birthday pictures from when she was still little baby to her 17th birthday. He took one of it then said.

"Why can't I see her this happy? She use to smile so genuinely from these pictures but why doesn't she do it like this now?

If she had built this place all by herself, does that mean that's how lonely she is?"

"Zico oppa, shower's ready-" Hara came out the  shower room.

"Hara." Zico called.

"Ne?" She went to sit on her bed next to Zico.

"Are you happy?" Zico asked out of the blue.

"Happy?"

"Yes. Happy."

"What do you mean happy?" Hara asked back.

"I mean this happy." Zico said and showed her the picture he's holding. Hara took it then replied.

"I live to protect you. That's all that matters."

"No." Zico answered which made Hara look to him.

"Your happiness. It matters to me." He looked deeply on her eyes. Hara looked away and clenched her fist on her sheets. 

"It shouldn't be. It can't matter to you." Hara stood but Zico pulled her into his arms.

"Youngmaster, you shouldn't be doing this." She tried to pull herself off his embrace but he hugged her tighter.

"I know you know how I feel for you."

"Shh! Stop it. You can't have special feelings for me!" Hara was trying to hold back her tears.

"If this is about that Lee Byunghun-"

"This isn't about him. He isn't my boyfriend. I just had to put up with whatever he wants so I can help Ji Ae ajumma cross the light. But it's all over now."

"Then what?! Why can't we be together?"

"Because! Because you shouldn't fall inlove with your servant!"

"But I already had! I already fell deeply in love with you!" Zico shouted back as he tries to caress her even more.

Hara softened, she withdrew her arms. She knew somewhere inside her heart that was really happy.

"G-go take a shower please. You're ruining my sheets." She pulled off his arms and went to her kitchen side.

Hara's place was like a big room that has the kitchen, bedroom, shower all in one place. 

Zico stood in defeat and went for a shower.

 

*He can't have feelings towards me. And I shouldn't feel the same too.* Hara clenched her fist.

 

After an hour or two, Zico had finished taking a shower as well as Hara. She was already preparing the queen-sized bed.

"Here, you should take a rest now." Hara spoke as soon as she was done making the bed.

"Ani. You take the bed, you can just lend me an extra sheet. I can just sleep here at the floor."

"That's not necessary-"

"This is your place. I'm not your master here. I'm just - a friend, visiting." He cut then took a pillow from the bed. Right then Hara caught his hands that made him look at her face which was looking away with a bit of pink cheeks.

"It's okay if you want to share." She coughs awkwardly.

"It's totally fine with me to sleep at the fl-"

"I insist." Hara now faced him.

Zico heart beats fast as he stares down at her eyes.

He gulp down a lump on his throat and replied, "arra."

 

Few moments then, the two settled inside one sheet with a decent distance from each other.

"Lights off!" Hara said then the lights automatically turned off except for a dim light beside Hara's bed side.

"Goodnight." Hara said and faced her back at him.

"Goodnight." He answer back.