"Oppa"

Our Ghostly Cupids

Hara and Zico arrived at the hangout place with a better feeling Zico. He had finally composed himself and managed to walk by himself inside.

“You’re back.” TaeIl said as soon as they stepped inside. Zico went straight to his room without saying anything. Block B noticed this and gave Hara questioning looks. She didn’t pay attention to them but just went straight to the kitchen.

*What happened?* U-Kwon asked inside his head.

“Hara are you okay?” Sulli asked. She replied with a short nod and went to wash her hands.

“Jeongmal kamsahamnida.” Sulli bowed 90 degrees. Hara instantly asked her to stand up and waved her hand. “It’s my duty” she mouthed.

Sulli was crying. It was hard on her when she sees Zico’s life in danger and yet she couldn’t do anything. Daniel gave his sympathy towards her and rubbed her back, comforting her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun had already set, Block B were already eating their dinner except for Zico. He hadn’t come out his room since they came. His hyungs and specially P.O who was the closest to him, were all worried. Hara didn’t talked about what happened but they somewhat have an idea about it. The dinner was dead silent. They knew when these times happens, Zico just wants to be by himself.

Jaehyo and Taeil were washing the dishes while Hara was beside them, leaning at the wall in silent.

“You should go prepare for work now Hara.” TaeIl said in a brother-likely manner.

“Arraso. Excuse me youngmasters.” she excused herself and made her way to the living room.

She saw U-Kwon sitting at the living room’s couch then she went back the kitchen. She looked for the medicine kit she kept at the cabinet for the boys. Then poured water at a glass. She went back to the living room where U-Kwon was busy watching television.

“Youngmaster Kwon. Drink this. It’ll make you feel better.” She handed him the medicine and the glass. U-Kwon took one glance at her and smiled at her concern. Zico who was just about to walk out his room saw the scene.

“I saw you have a slight fever earlier so you have to take this.” Hara added. U-kwon gladly took it and gulp down the water.

*So she was just checking his temperature earlier? She was just concern. Like what she did to JiHoon. Zico baboyah. What were you thinking? And why did you even get mad in the first place? Because of my actions, I’ve caused her trouble.* Zico shut the door behind him and didn’t came out.

“Thank you Hara.” U-Kwon smiled at him.

“Youngmaster Kwon should take his rest already.” She took the glass from him. U-kwon nodded ones then smiled at her thankfully before leaving to his room.

 

Hara did her usual schedule. She went to work at the Ice Cream Shop and explained to her co-workers what had happened earlier. She can’t focus at work since her mind was worrying at Zico. At passed 12 midnight, she stopped by their house to grab something and her grandma was already sleeping so she just went back to the hangout after cooking some dishes for her grandmom to eat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone were already fast asleep and Hara had just finished cleaning up the living room.

She glanced at the ticking wall clock and it struck at 2am. *He haven’t eaten yet* she thought.

“Hara. Oppa haven’t eaten since you guys got here.” Sulli said as if reading her mind.

“You should go check on him.” Daniel suggested.

And she did. She walked near his bed and saw him staring blankly at the ceiling.

“Youngmaster.” She softly called. Zico gazed at her with lifeless eyes. Hara felt her chest heavied. It was like his appearance, his mood and his feelings affects her, bigtime.

“You haven’t eate-“

“Earlier,” Zico cutted her. She stopped her sentence and waited for him to continue.

“I’m sorry for causing you trouble.” He said apologetically, sincerity can be seen through him. Hara’s heart melted, not because she was touched but because she can’t bear seeing a guy so fragile. Specially him who acts all tough.

“Stop over thinking. You hadn’t troubled anyone.” she replied a little too impolitely unlike how she use to talk to them, to Zico in particular.

Zico sat straight and looked up at her then spoke, “But you –“

“Come out and eat. I’ve saved some for you earlier.” she smiled at him. One thing she doesn’t usually do. Zico was quieted by her smile for it don’t usually happen.

“She said she’d change. But I guess she just can’t hide this side of her. When she cares for others, she forgets everything. She becomes, her. She becomes the Hara she was.” Daniel appreciatively spoke smiling towards Hara.

Sulli unpurposely frowned at his flattering words. *I’m good at caring too* she thought.

Zico obediently followed her at the kitchen and sat at a seat. He was quietly staring Hara. He followed her with his gaze and observing her every move.

Hara finally finished heating the dish she saved earlier then put it on a plate and placed it in front of him.

“Have you-“ “Just eat. No talking” Hara cutted him again.

“I just wanted to ask if you already had your dinner.” He continued. *He’s right. I still haven’t eaten myself.* she was about to reply but her stomach answered for her.

>gruuuummm<

Zico heard and let out a chuckle while Hara covered her stomach, a little shy. He then stood and picked out a plate from the shelf then placed some of his food and passed it to her. Hara looked at him in surprise, blinking a couple of times.

“Youngmast-“ “Just eat. No talking” Now he was the one cutting her and copied her voice, making it sound like a little girl trying not to fart, kind of sound. Hara tried to hide her laughs but failed. She chortled, covering at the back of her hand.

“You actually know how to laugh.” Zico commented with a delightful smile replacing his lifeless aura earlier.

Hara composed herself and acted seriously, her head down.

“Sorry youngmaster. That was disrespectful of me” she bowed.

“Hey. You should stop doing that. You look better when you smile. Most especially, when you laugh” he praised as he munch down his food.

His words sank down at Hara’s mind. She felt her stomach lighten in delight. *He actually praised me? I look good?* she asked in her mind.

“Someone’s blushing~” Zico teased as he leaned at the table letting out a wide accusing smile.

“Am not!” she knitted her brows and defended.

“Yes you are. You’re so red!” Zico pointed accusingly pointed at her.

“Hara’s blushing~ Hara’s blushing~” he sang.

“Yah! Stop it oppa!” she howled and immediately covered with both hands realizing what she had called her. Zico’s eyes widened together with his mouth. *She finally called me oppa!* he cheered happily in his mind.
“Aha!” he grinned widely at her with a teasing look.

“She called him oppa!” Sulli happily jumped and shook Daniel.

“Yeah. I heard it too.” He calmed her down while he was also smiling himself.

“Youngmaster Woo I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to call you like that.” She bowed repeatedly.

“Yah! Yah! No need to say sorry. You’ve already called me oppa. No take backs.” He ate happily, satisfied at Hara’s call. She just blinked her eyes at him but then smiled at his silliness. They both finished their meal together. It was the first time they ate together ever since and it was indeed a nice meal.

“I’ll just call you oppa when no one’s around. I’m still your bodyguard and you’re my boss.” Hara cleared then took a spoon full of her food.

“Fine with me.” He nodded ones and smiled brightly.

*This babo. Why is he that happy when I called him oppa? This kid* Hara shook her head on her mind and smiled at the thought.

“Ooh! You smiled again! I’ve made you smile a lot now and I even made you laugh.”

“There’s no big deal. Just finish your meal okay? You still have classes tomorrow.” She reminded like she was her mother.

“Thank you.” He suddenly blurted. His face and voice were now serious.

Hara took one look at him then he continued, “For saving my life. Thank you”

“You don’t have to thank me. It’s my duty to protect you.”

*It’s my ‘duty’ to protect you* her words repeated on his mind. He looked down in disappointment.

“Does your ‘duty’ include those times when you comforted me?” he sadly asked not looking at her.

Hara paused and thought then spoke, “No.” she replied. Zico’s head automatically gazed up, a smile lit his face.

“When you show concern towards a friend, you don’t call that ‘duty’ or ‘obligation’ right?” she questioned. *She’s right.* Zico happily thought.

“It’s because you love those people that’s why you care for them, you give concern to them.” she explained further. Analyzing her words, Zico naughtily asked, “So you love me? Are you confessing to me?” he .

“Aiyo! You’re so full of yourself. Don’t put words in my mouth.” she continued swallowing her food.

Zico smirked but then stopped teasing and continued to eat.

“Oppa. They’re actually getting along.” Sulli commended satisfied for what happened tonight.

“Yes they are. Hey, you called me oppa.” Daniel noticed.

“Why? It’s not a big deal.” She floated passed him, a smile on her face with her cheeks puffing pink.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the meal, they both went to Zico’s room to take some rest.

Zico settled his back on his bed while Hara layed her comforter at the floor. Zico faced her with his head in his knuckles.

“You wouldn’t take advantage of me when I’m asleep now that you confessed to me, right?” he again.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be gentle you won’t even notice.” she rode. Zico laughed at him, amused.

“You actually know how to joke, huh?”

Hara sat on the comforter, facing at him. “There are a lot more things that I can do” she mocked.

“Oh yeah? Show me.” he dared. She stood straight up, crossed her arms and leaned in close towards him. He pulled back, his head fell on his pillow and waited for her action.

“I can do this.” she started tickling his sides. He laughed uncontrollably and winced at her tickles. He then started tickling back while she bursts in laughs as well. They didn’t notice they were both on the bed already. They suddenly stopped realizing it, their eyes met, both breathing heavily.

Both hearts were beating loud at the same time. Zico’s hands on Hara’s wrists.

“I-i think you we should go to sleep now.” Hara pushed herself off the bed while Zico moved aside to make her space.

“Yeah. Yeah” he seconded.

Hara turned off the lights and laid on the comforter. Her eyes were still opened and was listening to the silence. And so as, Zico.

“Goodnight.” he bid.

“Goodnight.” she responded.

*Thank you for this great night Hara* Zico fell asleep with a smile on his face. His fright earlier was replaced by an overwhelming joy inside his happy and contented heart.

*Goodnight, oppa* Hara smiled as well.

“Nice one!” Daniel and Sulli high-fived and ‘arched’ arrows to the two.

________________________________________________________

 Shoutout to my new subbies! Thank you for subscribing. So here's an update as you requested ;) 

 Hope you guys liked this update =)