"Everything Happens For A Reason"

Our Ghostly Cupids

     Do you believe in ghosts? Do they really exists? Are they real? Those people who says they can see or hear ghosts, are they crazy or do they just create illusions out of their imaginations?
Personally, I never believed that certain thing exists. Until an incident happened. An accident.

     I met an accident not long ago. It’s been 4 years now and the scar of it is still open. Ever since the accident happened, my life had changed. A lot. I, who hadn’t believed in ghosts and their existence all my life have seen those unearthly creatures right before my eyes. That’s when I started believing. Not that I only see them, I hear them. And because of this ability, most of the ghosts I meet wanted me to help them with their “unfinished business”. At first it was scary, like REALLY scary. Why wouldn’t it be? When I wanted to grab a drink in the fridge, a dead old man wants me to talk to his daughter and tell her not to marry her boyfriend because he’s an excon. When I go to the market and fetch some of my grocery needs, the spirit of the old cashier would come to me asking to bring back a carton of milk drink to its place because a woman left it somewhere instead of bringing it back to its original place. I mean, it was really really hard to adjust from it. But then, sooner or later I got the hang of it.

     Originally, I didn’t want to gain this kind of an ability. Duh. Who would want to talk to ghosts by herself and then normal people would take notice and gossip around you saying you’re going crazy. But there’s no way I can shut it down or press a button to make it stop. Should I make myself another accident? Do you think it will reverse this thing happening on me? Nah. I’m not that out of my mind.

     But being in this situation is big challenge. My life doesn’t only belonged to me. I’m living my life to help spirits cross the light. Sometimes it bothers me but it’s just something I can't escape from.

     But you know what? There’s a huge part of me that’s thankful for this ability I got. Because I’m not the only one that's in with the fight. I am with Daniel oppa. My ghost boyfriend.

     I was with him when the accident happened. Sadly, he hadn’t survived. It broke my heart when he died, especially when he died right before my eyes. Passing those days without him felt like hell. I cried and cried a million times. But there’s no one there for me. I lost my parents for a reason I don’t wanna remember again. He was the only person I had. So when I lost him too, my world fell apart. On the ninth day of his death, I was on my bedroom crying madly with his picture in my embrace. I hear someone called me, “Hara”. I looked around me but no one was there, I thought I just heard it wrong but I heard him called again, “Hara”. I freaked out. I stood and got a bat which was just beside my bed table. I looked around again and spoke with a shaky voice “Who’s in there?! How’d you get in?! I’m warning you, I’m a black belter in taekwondo!”

     And then the voice answered, “I know. But you never won against me” I heard the voice behind me said. I turned around just to see a familiar face floating in the mid-air smiling brightly towards me.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!” I shouted and then fainted

“Hara?! Hara?!”

A few moments later. I felt my head feeling dizzy from hitting my head on my bed. “Ommo. Did I fell asleep? I thought I saw Daniel oppa in my room. Good thing it was just a dream.” I said as I stood myself up.

“Who said you were dreaming?” the voice spoke again. “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!” I shouted again as I fell on my bed first. I was going to faint again when he spoke, “Hey! Hey! Don’t faint on me again. Don’t be scared.” he pouted.

“I-Is it r-really you Daniel oppa?” I peeked with one of my eyes.

“Yes Hara. It is me. Please don’t be scared. I’m still your Daniel oppa” he said with a pleading look.

I calmed myself and got back on my senses. It is really him. His voice, his face, everything.

“Oppa. How’d you ..” I didn’t even know how to ask.

“Actually, I should be the one asking you. How can you see me? You see, I’m a ghost” he said.

“Don’t mention it. It’s creeping me out.” I said as I rubbed the hair of my arms.

“But really, how can you see me?” he repeated.

“I don’t know either. You just came here calling my name. I heard you. You showed and then boom, I fainted” we both laughed.

“Aigoo” he smirked at me.

“I mean I just saw you” I continued.

“Haven’t you seen any ‘supernatural beings' aside from me ever since?” he asked again.

“Never. But nowadays, I feel strange.”

“Strange? How?”

“Like, sometimes I hear voices even if there aren’t people around. People talking or someone crying. There are those times when I feel like I wasn’t by myself. And the voices becomes louder and louder until tonight that I heard you call” I tried to recall.

“Since when have you had these experiences?”

“I don’t know.

AH! When we got into an accident!’ I remembered and then lowered the last part. The accident. I lived while here he is floating beside me, dead. Realizing the fact, tears were welling up my eyes.

“Hara.” he softly called. I looked up to him only to see his comforting smile. “Lighten up.” he calmly stated as if him being dead isn’t a big deal.

“Oppa. How can you be like that? You’re – you’re ... “ I can even acknowledge the fact.

“Dead?” he continued for me. “Oppa” I called with tears now falling from my eyes.

“Hara. You see, you lived. This means you have something important to live for. Someone out there needs you. The orphanage needs you. Your grandma needs you.” he tried comforting me and making me realize.

“How about you Oppa? I need you. Why do you have to leave me so soon?” I cried out.

“I know. I know. Only He knows. But look at the bright side. We can now hang out every moment of the day. I can go here without having to ride a bus. The fair rate nowadays is so high” he was trying to light up the mood but he can clearly see I’m not buying it.

“Look. Everything happens for a reason. Just like how you can see and hear things like me –“

“Oppa, you’re not a thing” I pointed out as I still can’t accept the fact.

“Oh ‘kay. Hmm, and I am still here with you. As you can see I still am here. Not there.” He pointed upwards.

“Oppa, we don’t have a second floor.” I wiped my tear and started to lighten up.

“Hahaha. Okay that was funny. You know, what I meant was, heaven.” He finished.

“Maybe you’re right Oppa. Maybe there’s a reason behind this tragedy. But I wish I would know what the reason is. Losing you this early must have a great reason.” I sighed.

“I guess we have to find it out together, like we always do, right?” he beamed me a bright smile. A smile that I’ve long missed.

“Oppa, I missed you.” I saw his face grew sad. I can see through him that he misses me as well. He just doesn’t want me to feel sadder.

“I do too. I really really miss you. But there’s nothing we can do about this situation.” he tried to make me realize.

“If it wasn’t for me. It was all my fault!” I shouted at myself.

“Shhh. Hara. Please don’t this to yourself. I saw you broke down from that day until now. I always wanted to say this to you. Stop blaming yourself. Please. If it pains you, didn’t you even think seeing you miserable like this doesn’t pain me more? Seeing you this hurt, this broken. You barely eat nor get enough sleep. Please. Just stop doing this to yourself!” he half shouted. I knew he saw the shocked expression on my face. It was seldom that he would shout at me like this, simply because between us two, he was the most considerate and understandable one and I was the stubborn.

“Please Hara. Can you do this for me?” he looked deeply straight through my eyes.

“Do what?” I innocently asked and looked away for I can’t stand his big brown shinny eyes.

“I can’t take care of you now that I’m, you know..

So please from now on, please do take care of yourself?

I still would take care of you in any way I can. But most of it, it will be your job. Arasso?” he half pleaded half scolded me.

“Arra. Arra” I nodded.

“And by the way. There’s another thing I want you to do for me.” He added.

“Mwo?”
“Let’s break up.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 Did you like the first chapter?  =^_^= 
 Please do tell me. I'll update as soon as I get a subbie or a comment. Hihihi