"Getting Old"

Our Ghostly Cupids

“Let’s break up.” Daniel said all of a sudden.

“W-what? O-oppa. I-i. W-we can’t. I DON’T WANT TO!” she was about to storm off but held her steps. She slowly looked back as she knew he would just stay there and wait ‘til she would walk back to him.

“Why do we have to do that?” she said with tears blurring her vision towards the floor.

“Please Hara. Don’t cry. I don’t want to see you cry.” he leaned closer and bent down at her.

“Mianhae oppa. It’s just that –“
“I know it’s hard. I really do. I love you so much that’s why I have to let you live. Live a normal life. I hate to break this to you but you have to accept the fact that I won’t be with you for the rest of your life. I’ll soon have to leave you. And you, you would have to live your life without me.” he frankly stated as a matter of fact. He knew it’d hurt her even more but he had to do it. It’s the truth.

It was dead silent. Hara took the time to analyze the facts and when it they finally sink in, she spoke “You are right. I was too selfish. Of course you would soon leave this place and rest and be with Him. But for the time being, can you not leave me? Promise you’d stay by my side before you go to the light?” she searched for his eyes. He gave her a warm reassuring smile and then nodded.

“It’s a deal then.” she managed to smile.

 

____________________________________________

 

Hara now has gotten used to these ghosts, because Daniel was there to deal with them.

She wouldn’t approach them actually. As much as possible, she doesn’t want to mingle to the ghosts’ problems, but when they would know she can see and her them, she would gladly help them but she makes sure only for good doings she would agree.

She is now staying at her grandma’s house. She also teaches judo every weekends. She didn’t originally wanted to, but the owner of the club insisted because out of all the students, she had been doing judo longer and has its mastery. Other that than, she also mastered taekwondo, muai thai and other physical related activities which had made her fit and capable to face any erted guy she meets to protect herself. Well actually she always does these activities even when she was a child. Her parents and grandma told her to do so. For weekdays, she works at an Ice Cream Shop. Not that she needed money, but because she loved ice cream. She didn’t need to work just to earn money only because her grandma was working at the Woo’s mansion. She works there all her life and there was where she met Hara’s grandpa.

 

Hara usually comes home by herself because her grandma basically lives at the Woo’s mansion. But to her surprise when she came home tonight her grandma was lying at the couch. “Oh lola (grandma), you’re here.” she placed her bag at the coffee table.

“Apo (granddaughter / grandson) you’re home.” she sat straight but felt her back pain, “Owwie!” she winced.

“Lola, ayos ka lang (are you okay)?” she assisted her to sitting.

“Ne. Ne. It’s just that my back hurts more often. Haii. I have to admit, I really am aging.” she joked.

“Aigoo. Is that why you were home today?”

“Ne. Youngmaster told me to go home and take some rest. I didn’t want to but he insisted. I can’t win on him anyways. But tomorrow I’ll have to go back there early. I still have work to do.”

“Lol, you’ve said it yourself, you’re getting old. Don’t you think it’s time to stop working?”

“Aiyo. You know I can’t. You know that very well.” she made a face.

“Yeah. Alam ko (I know). But you’re already 62years old. 43 years of working for the Woo’s, don’t you think that’s enough?”
“Eh, if I quit my job now, who’s gonna protect the youngmaster? No one right. So there’s still a need of my service.”
“Really Lola? How can you even protect that great “youngmaster” of yours when you’re too old?” she said provoking the old lady. Her grandma swung her with her stick. She had shield the first hit but got smacked by the second on her head. Her Lola sticked out her tongue like a 4 year old and Hara chuckled at her.

“But really Lola, you’ve done enough for the Woo’s already. I really think it’s time for you to retire.” Hara said in a sincere tone. Grandma can see how she truly worries about her and then she spoke “If there’s someone who could protect the youngmaster like how your parents and I did, then I will be willing to retire. But as long as no one is still worthy to replace me, I should still do the job.” she went to get up and went straight the kitchen. “C’mon. I’ve prepared dinner.” She said.

“I see where you got your stubbornness.” Daniel laughed. Hara just made a face then followed her grandma.

 

Hara’s family have been serving the Woo’s for the longest time. From her grandma who was the highest, most respected head of the maid. Her dad that had been the family’s chauffer. And her mom which was the youngmaster Woo’s favorite pâtissier.

 

Hara sat across her Lola at the dinner table. They ate dinner peacefully together. It was a while since they last ate together. Grandma was about to get the ketchup which was above the cabinet. She tried to reach and then

*CRACK*

They both heard. “AWWW!” grandma cried. “Lola!” Hara instantly rushed over her.

“I think I crack a bone” grandma said as she hold her back.

“Wait for me here. I’ll call an ambulance”

 

After a minute or two, an ambulance came to their house, rushing her grandma to the hospital.

 

“Thankfully, she didn’t crack her bones. One joint was just dislocated and we’ve already managed to arrange it back again. I would advise her not to do heavy works and take a lot rest and not over work herself, or next time wouldn’t be as fortunate as today.” the doctor said to the both of them.

“You see what I’m saying?” Hara made a (-_-;) face and let out a heavy sigh.

“The Woo’s are so rich Lola. They can afford to hire millions of servants in just one click. You don’t need to risk your health.” She lightly scolded her grandma.

“It’s not that. Yes the household workers are organized and even if I retire, there wouldn’t be a problem. But what keeps me from retiring is the youngmaster. You know what I mean apo.” she reasoned out.

“Hara. Try to understand your Lola.” Daniel calmed her down.

“Haii. Arra. Arra. I’ll take the job.” Hara raised her hand and sighed.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 I can see no one's subscribing nor commenting. :( I feel so sad. 

 So I just posted another chapter just incase those "10 views" might want an update. So yeah.. 

 I really wish someone will start to give interest to my story T^T 

 Nevertheless, I would keep on updating .. Have a great day ^_^