"It's Better This Way"

Our Ghostly Cupids

"Hara unnie seemed to change a lot." Sulli observed.

"She did. Just like what you witnessed. She can't protect herself anymore." Daniel said.

"Didn't she used to be so good at fighting? What happened with that?" Sulli asked again.

"Everything changed since that night, one year ago." He replied.

"U-Kwon knows everything. Haven't he told you?" Daniel turned to Zico.

"I-I didn't really paid attention when he did." Zico replied.

"He was with him a few days ago." Daniel informed.

"Who? U-Kwon oppa?"

"Ye. He took her out to eat. You didn't know?"

Sulli turned to Zico and back to Daniel then shook her head.

"By the way .." Sulli changed the topic when she noticed Zico's uncomfortable.

"Is unnie DJ Wendy?"

"Ne. She'd been doing broadcast as a side job. She's working at a cafe too. That's where we were headed before you saw us."

"Cafe? Doesn't she like cold treats more than hot ones? That's why she worked on an ice cream shop before." Zico curiously asked.

"You remembered?" Daniel asked back.

"Everyone knows about that." Zico replied with a low voice.

"Zico." Daniel called.

"Ne?"

"Kwenchanha?" The ghost suddenly blurted.

"Ne?" He asked again.

"I said are you alright?" He repeated.

Sulli was just looking at them back and forth.

"What do you mean?" Zico was confused.

"A lot has changed after a year." Daniel continued.

"I can see that.

Daniel, I never got to apologize for what happened to you."

"I'll leave you two alone." Sulli excused herself to give space for the two.

Daniel heavied a sigh and looked up.

"We can't turn back time. What's done is done."

"I'm sorry." Zico bowed 90 degrees.

"Alright. Alright. Stand up." Daniel 'pats' his back.

"I've been thinking about it for the passed year. I'd probably do the same if I was on your shoe. You and your sister have gone through so much trauma. I would've done the same if I had a sister like her. You were just trying to protect her." Daniel made circles with his foot.

Zico kept silent.

"I forgive you." Zico looked up to him in disbelief.

"It took sometime to find forgiveness in my heart since I had a lot of things I wish I was able to do.

But just like how I wanted to protect Hara, you were just protecting someone you loved too."

"I don't know what to say." Zico was speechless.

"Geunde (however).." Daniel butted in.

"Regarding Hara's condition. She's decided not to force to recall things from her past."

Zico's heart somewhat sank.

"I wasn't planning to make her remember. Meeting you guys today was totally accidental."

"Arra. I'm just putting it out there.
Also .. I don't know how much longer I can stay beside her."

"Why are you saying that?"

" I don't know. Ever since she stopped responding to me and had forgotten about me, I feel like every day I'm weakening. I'm afraid that I might have to leave soon."

"Do you want me to tell her about you?" Zico asked if he can do him a favor.

"That's not what I want. Remembering things from her past only leads to situations like this. Her headaches occurs and she pass out. Maybe she recalled something when she saw you.

As you can see, she isn't like how she used to be, in a lot of aspect. She needs someone who can protect her."

"I don't know if I can still protect her after all that had happened." Zico replied.

"I don't care if it has to be you, or Byunghun or even U-Kwon. Just as long as she's safe, I can be at peace."

Zico wondered why he had mentioned the other guys' names.

Daniel saw this and said.

"As you know, Byunghun had always had his eyes for Hara. Now that they are living in the same roof, both of them grew closer together. And U-Kwon .." he glanced back to Zico.

"Should I need to say more?"

*So he really does have feelings for her?* Zico wondered.

"Hara's been gullible towards other people now, unlike before. She now trusts more easily. Falls for a guy easily. She go on endless dates, gets her heartbroken, moves on and follows her crush around again.

After meeting U-Kwon again, I can say he's the apple of her eyes as of the moment.

So either one of you ends up with her, I couldn't care less. The two of them can take care of her. While you .. hmm"

"Don't worry. I wouldn't bother her again. Just like what you said, either of them can take good care of her. Remembering me, will only bring her heartache. It's better this way." Zico looked down with a heavy heart.

--------------------------------------

Zico went back to their hangout place. When he opened the door he saw U-Kwon was about to leave.

They both look at each other awkwardly.

"You're leaving?" Zico inquired.

"Ah yeah. I'm just gonna meet a friend."

*A friend* Zico knows who he was talking about.

"Is it Hara?" He asks. U-Kwon was stunned.

"H-how did you know-"

"I took her to the hospital."

"So she did pass out? How is she?"

"How did you know what happened to her?" Zico asked back.

"We exchange messages." U-Kwon lowered his voice.

"Did she .. recognized you?" he asked again.

"No." Zico proceeded to go inside while U-Kwon still went out to look for Hara.

Zico sat on his bed holding Hara's calling card while Sulli materialized beside him.

"How did your conversation with Daniel oppa went?" She glanced at him.

"It's better this way. That she forgets about me." He didn't answer her question.

"Daniel could've forgiven me but I can't forgive myself for causing her so much pain." Zico cries as he clasped the card on his hand.

----------------------------------

"Where are you?" U-Kwon texted Hara as he started his car.

"I'm okay now. Byunghun oppa's taking me home already." She replies.

U-Kwon sighed in relief and at the same time, he wished he could at least see her. He turn off the car and sat back in his seat.

"I'm glad you're okay." He texted her again.

---------------------------

"Take a shower. I'll prepare something to eat." Byunghun instructed Hara as soon as they reached his place.

"Oppa. You seemed to know the guy earlier." She was talking about Zico.

"Ah yeah. He's a part of that group named Block B. I met them back at the beach hotel."

"Jinjja (really)?! You mean him and U-Kwon-ssi are in the same group?"

"Uhm, yeah."

"Maybe that's why he looked familiar." She tapped her chin.

"He does?"

"Yeah. MinAh showed me a picture of their group once. Maybe that's why he looked familiar to me." She removed her bag from her shoulders.

"But why did my heart hurt when I saw him? Is it really the first time we met?" She murmured.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I'll be in my room."

Hara couldn't stop thinking about Zico. The scene where she gazed up to him kept repeating on her mind.

Her heart couldn't stop beating fast. She held onto her chest and felt her heart.

*Why is my heart acting this way?*

She took out her phone, checking if she received a text from Zico. There wasn't.

 

_______________________________________________________

I got a new subbie! And even new comments! You guys don't know how happy you made me.

So here's two new chapter updates for you!

Keep your love coming! <3