“Why isn’t he coming back?”

Goodbye

 

It was the day of Siwon’s return. Donghae was going to the Jung’s residence to talk to Yein.

“Donghae, what are you doing here?” Yunho asked him as he let him enter the house.

“Where is Yein?”

“She’s on her way to the airport; she was really looking forward to this day.”

“What?” Donghae looked at his watch. “Damn. I was so late. I should’ve just called her.”

“What are you saying?”

“Yunho, I’m sorry if I’ll just tell you this, but, Siwon…. He’s not coming back.”

Yunho’s eyes grew.”Mwo?.... What do you mean his not coming back?”

“He’s staying in Europe, he accepted an offer there, and it will take a while before he returns.”

“But why didn’t you tell us ahead of time.”

“Siwon doesn’t want Yein to know.”

“Why?”

“He was losing hope, and you know him… It’s been his dream to work in other countries to, and this is a great chance for him… If Yein didn’t came to the airport that day, he’ll reject the offer.”

“What?”

“It was part of the deal, when Yein comes, he’ll accept it but when she doesn’t come, he’ll just have a vacation there.”

“What? It’s such a nonsense deal.”

“He was thinking so hard, he really wanted to accept it, but he told me that there’s something pulling him back from accepting it. That’s why we made that deal.”

“Aishh. Donghae.” Yunho suddenly called Yein but she wasn’t answering her phone. “Pick it up, pick your phone up Yein.”

“I’m sorry. Okay? I’ll go get Yein.” Donghae said as he started to walk to the door.

“She’s going to tell him that she’s ready to work things out again between them….. But I guess, Siwon already decided for this one.”

Donghae looked back at Yunho. Yunho looked away.

 

Meanwhile, with Yein.

She was driving to the airport when her phone rang. She looked at who’s calling and it was Yunho. “I’ll answer your call later Oppa.”

Then she got into the airport, she looked at her watch. “About time.”

She was waiting for Siwon to come out, but no signs of him, there was already many people who came out but he’s not still there.

She looked at her phone and remembered that Yunho called, but when she was about to call him back, Siwon was calling her.

“Oppa. Whare are you? I’m waiting for like 15 minutes already. Are you hiding from me?”

Siwon was shocked of what she said. “Yein… You should go home.”

“What? I told you, I’ll be the one waiting for you here.”

“Yein. I’m so sorry, I truly am, but, I’m not coming back today.”

“You’re not? Why? Then when are you returning?”

“I… I can’t talk for long. Ask Donghae about everything; ask him about what’s happening, he knows it all. Ask him about the deal.”

“What? Yah Choi Siwon, don’t you dare joke about these things. I told you, we need to talk.”

“I.. need to go now.” Siwon hang up. ’Should I really stay, Is this right?’

 

Yein texted Donghae and asked him to go to a place.

While waiting for Donghae.

Yein was looking at a picture of Siwon at her wallet while she already finished her 2nd can of beer.

“What are you talking about fool. I told you that we need to talk. Don’t you want to be with me anymore? Why are you doing this?”

She opened another can.

“Yein, what are you doing?” Donghae asked.

“Why isn’t he coming back?”

Donghae looked down. “Because of the deal. That stupid deal.”

“What deal?”

“Yein..”

“Tell me oppa. I need to know. I don’t want to be clueless of things around me anymore. I’m trying to open my eyes for everything but there are still people who don’t want me to know the truth. Why isn’t he coming back?” Yein was crying pleading Donghae.

“Siwon…He got an offer to be in a European project. He was thinking so hard on accepting it or not, I know that there was a part of him wanting it, but like he said, something’s pulling him back. It was his dream, you know. I had an idea on how he could decide and it was through you, when you came to the airport…. It was all decided, he was going to accept the offer.”

“But when I didn’t..”

“He’ll be here right now.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because, Siwon was also losing hope, he thought that you already forgot about deciding when you two can start again. You don’t know how much he wanted to be with you again.”

“But, I was going to talk to him about that. I…I want him back too oppa.” Yein looked away. “Is this saying that, we’re really not meant to be back together? Is this our destiny?”