Neglect

Drawing the Line

 

 


To say that Soa was surprised once her eyes fluttered open when her alarm burst her out of her unconsciousness was an understatement. She almost got the shock of her life when her gaze fell directly onto the individual, which she hadn’t expected in all honesty. It had been so long since they’ve shared this much contact that it was a wonder she didn’t faint at the proximity of their faces. Hoseok snored softly beside her, a frown appearing on his features as the alarm kept ringing in the background. Leaning over to snooze it off, Soa reached out with her arm and pressed the button before gratefully falling back under the covers.

Throughout all this, her mind was running with confusion. She didn’t remember Hoseok being there with her yesterday night, she had gone to bed alone like usual, which was why she was so surprised at the prospect of seeing him because at this hour, he would have already been long gone.

 

Not that she was complaining.

Soa took in all the details about his face and let herself drown in admiration. If only he would tell her what exactly was bugging him, it would clear her mind off the confusion. She knew that it was hard for him but she had never for a second doubted him because of it, as she trusted Hoseok to know he wouldn’t be cheating behind her back.

 

Sighing, she decided to make a move for it or she’d be late for school and reluctantly lifted herself up from the bed.

Until a pair of arms pulled her back.

Soa gasped as she fell against Hoseok’s chest, eyes flipping up to notice his sleeping expression.

 

Was he doing this on purpose?

 

She tried again but failed miserably when he tugged her back. Soa sighed in part annoyance and was about to unwrap his arm around her middle when he spoke so suddenly goose bumps jumped onto her skin.


“Stop moving” His statement was slurry and thick with sleep, the sound vibrating throughout her body and making her swoon on the inside because god, she had a thing for his y alto.

 

She narrowed her eyes at him, “Get off of me”

He just responded by bringing her closer to him and letting a soft smirk play across his lips. They entranced her, her hand about to reach out to touch them before his eyes opened and caught her red-handed in the act. Shocked, the girl just whipped her hand away and swore to herself inside her mind. Stupid! How could she be so stupid!


“Good morning” He murmured.

Soa was at loss.

 Just yesterday he had ignored her presence and had been gone before dawn. What had pricked him this morning for him to stay in bed and hug her like nothing was wrong? Anger seeped through her veins because of his fickle moods. She hated how he could act however he wished to and expected her to play along with his charades. Soa was sick of the way he imposed on her to be there when he was never there for her nor told her what was on his mind in the first place.

With a fierce gaze, she wrenched herself away from his embrace and replied coldly, “Oh, you finally realize I existed?”

 

Hoseok’s orbs softened with guilt as he reached out once more over to her, hugging her to his chest as she thrashed in protest. “I’m sorry” he murmured in her hair.

 

“Sorry’s not enough Hoseok. It won’t make things better again if you’re just going to say it without even meaning to then going back to your stupid daily routine of ignoring me” Soa shot back as she struggled, “Let me go!”

Gathering her up in his arms, Hoseok leaned back onto the headboard into a sitting position while dragging the girl with him so that his legs made a lap around hers, the girl in-between his thighs with her back against his chest.

 

“My father’s in hospital” He whispered. Only four simple words were enough to freeze Soa in place, eyes widening at the dropped grenade. The news made it suddenly harder to be mad at him especially when it came to her mind that she wasn’t the only one hurting. Hoseok was hurting too, he had been hurting all this time and it killed her to believe otherwise.

 

Nothing left her lips.

 

Hoseok sighed and closed his eyes, “He’s had a heart attack. That’s why I was never at the dance studio. Right after class I would go to the hospital”

 

Soa bit her lip and slightly turned to watch his expression, “How did it happen?”

 

“Apparently it was because of the stress from work” Hoseok murmured through her hair, tightening his grasp around her waist as the memory opened up like a fresh wound being pricked with salt, “I-I think it’s my fault”

 

“What, No” She snapped her head around and looked at the look in his eyes, the fear of losing his father. Soa realized just how much the boy had been suffering alone, blaming himself for something he didn’t and she wished that he would share the burden of it with her. Seeing him so devastated in that way, seeing those irises reflecting the pain he was going through killed her more than it should have.

 

Why did she jump to conclusions so easily when the boy had been nothing but kind and caring to her? Flashbacks of memory played through her mind, going back to the time he helped her with her father. Maybe he had his reasons for keeping it from her, maybe because of the blame, it was too hard for the boy to say it out loud, and the guilt was probably eating him from inside out.

 

“Maybe if I hadn’t left the house, he would’ve been fine. Maybe if I had taken on the business, he would’ve-“ She cut him off by pressing a finger onto his lips, eyes hard with determination, “No,’ she said when he only looked at her with confusion, “It’s not your fault. You were doing what was best for you, how can you say that Hoseok?”

 

“But-“ “-Don’t you dare say another word about this being your fault” Soa continued on with a firm voice, “It’s not. It’s not. If it was meant to happen then it had to”

 

Hoseok sighed against her hand and gently pursed his lips against her skin to kiss the tip of her finger softly, “I guess so”

 

“So that’s what was bugging you all this time?” She frowned slightly and reached out unconsciously to smooth down one part of his hair that stuck up like a chicken’s . Hoseok could only stare at her with wide, surprised orbs. He wasn’t used to people helping him out and the fact that Soa had made me feel better in less than five minutes was enough to make him elated. A rush of warmth filled his heart as a smile slowly grew on his face, lighting up his features so brightly that the girl had to blink before asking him, “Uh, Hoseok? Why are you smiling?”

 

Instead of replying her, the boy leaned down to mold his lips against hers in a soft, loving kiss. With widened eyes, Soa jumped when he tightened his grip around her middle to crush her body to his, letting one of his hands reach out to cup the back of her neck, cradling her like he was holding on to porcelain.

 

The girl sighed softly and melted into the kiss, closing her eyes and wrapping her arms around his neck. One of her hands reached up to caress the outer shell of his ear and Hoseok groaned in satisfaction, pressing his mouth more urgently and reaching under her t-shirt to caress the skin lying at the base of her back. She only whined in pleasure, the sounds muffled by his mouth as he took this chance to slide his tongue in, wrapping it around hers to elicit a desired moan ringing from the back of . The boy growled softly when Soa caressed his ear that sent waves of insanity coursing through his body. He closed his eyes and though just how much he had forgotten how her touch could ignite places he never knew existed in the first place.

 

Parting reluctantly for air, she breathed out a mewl when Hoseok nuzzled her cheek, going down to probe her jaw with the tip of his nose as she sighed in bliss, holding her to him like he was the only solid thing that existed in this room. Everything had melted away and it was only her and Hoseok, and their warmth that mingled in between their bodies.

 

“I’m sorry for having neglected you these past few weeks,” He whispered softly through her ear, lips tracing the outer shell.

Soa shuddered in response and replied, “I thought for a moment that you…that you had found someone else”

 

“What” His brow furrowed and he pulled her back to look into her eyes, his face serious and eyebrows drawn together, “You know I would never do that”

 

“I know and I’m sorry as well for doubting you” Soa looked away.

 

He smiled and dropped a feather of a kiss on her jaw, “You know what we never did?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“A date” Reaching out to interlace his fingers with hers, he relished in the way her knuckles fit in between his like a matching puzzle that only he could decipher, “Let’s go on a date”

 

Soa looked at him more than a little shell-shocked at his proposition. Did he fall on his head or something? She thought to herself as the boy tugged onto her hand with a grin breaking over his face.


“C’mon, get ready we’re leaving in five minutes”

“B-But I have school! And you have Uni-“ He pecked her quickly on the lips to shut her up, causing the girl to flutter her eyelids.

 “Let’s be bad” Hoseok smirked, ruffling her hair and pushing her towards her bathroom, “5 minutes, max”

 

 


 

 

Saerim smiled at herself in the mirror of the girl’s bathroom. She had been absent from school the day before yesterday and it had all been worth it. Tugging onto a strand of hair, she recalled back the events of that night where she had purposefully forced herself to cry in order to catch Hoseok’s attention as he exited the dance studio.

 

Knowing from Jongin that he always went back home at this time of the night, the girl sat down and made sure that she was blocking the steps to the entrance of the university, folding in on herself and sniffling.

 

This did not go unnoticed by Hoseok as the said boy passed by, frowning when he realized that the girl was probably smaller than the students over here.

Cautiously, he peered around at her face hidden between the curls of hair. There was something about her that seemed familiar although he wasn’t really sure as to what.
 

“Uh, are you okay?” He asked tentatively.

 

The girl looked up, eyes wet with tears and it hit him with realization. This was Soa’s smaller sister, Saerim.

 

Instantly, he felt like he had made a mistake for he leaned back with a stony cold expression.

 

Saerim made a show to sniffle and wipe away her tears, knowing that even though there were still stains running down her cheeks, she looked pretty gorgeous and more than average.

 

He bit his lip, not knowing what to say. He tried again though reluctantly this time, “Are you okay?”

 

She nodded quietly but then burst out into another film of tears. The boy was at loss and sighed, ruffling his hair in frustration and deciding that leaving her bawling there alone might be unsafe, no matter how much of a little she may be.

So with another sigh, he dropped down to his knees and looked at her, “Who are you waiting for?”

 

“I-I-“ she hiccupped, “I-I was waiting for K-Kai”

 

“Kai?” He echoed, the wheels spinning inside his brain, “You mean, Jongin?”

 

She nodded silently and a sob jumped her shoulders. Hoseok bit his lip and looked away. Was he supposed to be friendly and act like he cared when in truth he couldn’t be damned about her? Anger flashed through him when he remembered the pain she had caused Soa but on the other hand he hated seeing girls cry, they looked pathetic.

 

Apart from Soa.

 

“Come on” he dropped a hesitant hand on her shoulder, shaking her gently, “Let’s get you home”

“Shireo! J-Jongin, He-“ She turned to look at him with a dejected expression, “He-He ch-cheated on me”

 

Were they even going out in the first place? Although Hoseok must admit that Jongin was pretty much the definition of a priss that believed the world was at his feet only because he danced ballet and had come first in a competition. Like whoop-dee-doo, what more do you want, an Oscar? Hearing that the boy had manipulated and went to do obscene things behind Saerim’s back just fueled his annoyance towards him even more.

 

He reached out to pat her head softly, not really knowing how to act when he was supposed to be against her. If Soa knew that he was comforting her smaller sister he’d never see the end of tomorrow. “He’s just a jerk, Saerim-ssi. Why you crying over a jerk?” he huffed, “Wasting your tears for nothing”

 

When her sobs grew even louder, the boy sighed and took out a packet of tissue from his pocket, placing it in the pal of her hand and enclosing her fingers around it, “Use it. Then go home”

 

“W-Wait” She reached and clasped on the back of his jacket, eyes pleading with the film of tears trickling down her face. Hoseok did not want to admit it to himself but pity flooded his body as soon as he caught sight of her wobbly lips about to break out in another sobbing scene. “C-Can’t you- B-ring me h-h-home?”

 

Damnit, if Soa were to know about this, he’d be dead meat.

But no matter how much he hated the girl because of what she did, he was a bigger gentleman, and gentlemen did not let girls this age to go wander off at this time of night when thugs could be waiting anywhere to pounce on their prey.

 

“Fine.”

 

Her plan was going perfectly according to what was supposed to happen. Of course knowing Hoseok, he wasn’t just some boy, but more of a gentleman. Reaching out toward the tissue packet he had given her that night, she squeezed it in her palm while the smirk on her face grew wider.

Now, it was all up to Kai to play his part of the game.

 

 


 

I know this is a realllyyy short update but because of school i'm not having free time to write so i'm really sorry about that :( On the other hand how do you like HOBISOA LIKE OMGG HOBI APOLOGISED TO HER! 

There is their date to look forward to because it would be like their first official date since they started going out :) <3 So please look forward to this and Saerim's plan omo TT>TT What is she planning to ruin them both? 

Read more to find out! Stay tuned for the next update! :D 

Hope you guys liked it and thanks for all the support, as always i love you guys :) <3