Winner of the Battle

Drawing the Line

  

 

 


 

“But I don’t know what he wants” Soa threw herself on the couch at Jungkook’s place, Chohee on the neighbouring chair while watching Jungkook and Jimin race against each other in Mario kart. Since Soa knew about J-Hope’s business meeting that was schedule this afternoon – he had called her forlornly after cancelling dance practice with his mentor- she was pretty adamant about not getting caught. She took this chance to go see her friends and try to wheedle some answers out of them because his birthday was fast approaching and the girl knew nothing of what to give him; it wasn’t like he complained much either, because every she’d ask he’d just brush her off or tell her that he didn’t need anything and besides, life was expensive these days so why buy something that he’d probably toss out into the trash can a few months later? Soa felt like pulling her hair out; how the hell was she supposed to know if the boy didn’t help her in any sense of the word?

She regretted the fact that she did not give him enough attention to know what he needed and wanted, and would use purposefully.

 

“Just give him new shoes” Jimin’s reply was a distracted one, for the boy was sticking out his tongue in mock concentration.

 

“How about a snapback? You know how he’s crazy over them” Chohee suggested thoughtfully. Soa’s shoulders slumped as she replied, “I would but that’s too mainstream”

 

“Oh sure, because now you want to feel like the perfect girlfriend, don’t you?” Jungkook mocked teasingly from the side as he crossed the finish line and whooped, arm punching the air like a world-cup champion while the other boy slumped on the carpet and mumbled incoherent words about the unfairness of the damn talented maknae.

 

He received a pillow in his face as soon as he turned around, which only resulted in a chuckle bursting from Soa’s lips.

 

“Hey!” Jungkook threw her a glare, to which she responded with a slight shrug of her shoulders and a mocking smirk on her face, “You can’t really talk, oh little whipped one”

 

“I am not whipped!” Jungkook’s cheeks flamed, contrary to his statement when his eyes darted over to Chohee’s figure on the sofa like a shy little boy getting pumped up to talk to his crush.

 

“Whatever you say, Kookie” Soa taunted, loving the dominance of the situation.

 

“How about making something for him?” Hani emerged from the kitchen with a batch of fresh cookies on a plate. She placed it on the coffee table and watched in amusement as all their hands suddenly swiped out to grab hold of one. Soa frowned and turned to meet her eyes with a confused gaze, “What do you mean, make something?”

 

“Like I don’t know,” Hani shrugged her shoulders, “Something meaningful? Don’t you have any inside jokes?”

 

“Not that I remember of” Soa mumbled, retreating back into the depths of the couch and feeling like the world’s worst girlfriend for not even knowing her boyfriend’s preferences. Sure, she knew what he loved, what he hated, his interests…but like Hani mentioned, she didn’t want to give him something everyone else could, she wanted him to feel like her gift was special, that he’d never find anywhere else, something that came from her and her alone. But it was pretty hard considering Soa was a destructive machine all by herself. By all means, she was the one to stay away from anything that was sharp and came with edges. Hoseok had even warned her once to stop using the kitchen after she had cut her finger open so deep the blood wouldn’t stop oozing out of the wound. Pretty funnily enough, her boyfriend was the one freaking out the most, running here and there and fetching different assortment of ointments while Soa just watched him go trying not to laugh her off at the comic situation.

 

“Bake a cake!” Chohee piped.

 

“I can’t cook, much less bake”

“Buy him a puppy” Jimin interjected, eyes still glued on the television screen before him when another round started, this time with Chohee as the third player who quickly projected them both in the air with a smoke bomb. Loud groans were heard from the boys as the girl only stuck out her tongue.

 

“What’s he even gonna do with a puppy?” Hani scoffed, “You should get him something with sentimental value. What about writing him a song?”

 

“Me? Write a song?” Soa laughed at the thought of it, “I can barely sing, much less compose one”

 

“You can dance, dance for him” Jungkoook proposed, which almost caused Soa to choke on her own spit. Was he serious about that? Dancing for J-Hope? Trip her feet and act like a total fool in front of him when he was miles ahead on her in this field? She felt the embarrassment climb up on her face like a red, boiling sheet covering her cheeks and quickly, she covered them and hoped that no one had noticed.

 

“Ey, Soa’s blushing at the mere thought of it” Chohee teased.

 

“No-what are you talking about?” the girl muttered in response when Jimin hooted loudly and flashed her a sadistic grin, “I can teach you some y moves, if you’re ready to apply them on birthday boy, that is”

 

His smirk did nothing to lower the heat in her cheeks, and tapping them self-consciously, Soa thought that she had had enough of their teasing and was about to blurt out an insult for them to shut up when an idea popped into her head, bing!

“Oh my god, I think I’ve got an idea” She suddenly jumped up and her eyes twinkled with excitement. The group watched her with raised eyebrows and Jimin wriggled his own suggestively although Soa did her best to ignore him.

 

“So?”Jungkook prompted when Soa only replied with silence. The girl’s eyes flitted about mysteriously and thought that if she were going to go with that main idea, then she’d have to start now because this was quite a challenging feat. So quickly, without even looking at anybody else, the girl dashed to the door and was out of the house in the blink of an eye.

 

Chohee sighed and settled back comfortably on the couch while shaking her head, “She’s never going to change”

 

“Is she always that distracted?” Jimin chuckled before turning his head back to the tv monitor.

 

“Yeah, once she gets an idea then, there’s no stopping her” Jungkook replied.

 

 

 


 

 

 

There was a time where Soa would have minded when she opened the door one morning to see her adopted smaller sister behind her front door as she was preparing herself to go out and scout the area for her boyfriend’s present. But this time around, she had been expecting it, had even anticipated this discussion between ‘siblings’ as they called it.When she caught sight of Haera’s more than annoyed face, a short slither of fear made way down the spine before she shrugged it away and thought to herself, why do I have to be scared of her? What can she do to me? Nothing. So with a strengthened resolution, her body straightened itself and she didn’t hesitate to stare down Haera’s form with a fire of determination in her eyes.

 

“Hello, Haera-ssi”

 

The younger girl leaned against the doorframe with her arms crossed over her chest, “Do I need to tell you what kind of ruckus you caused in the house or can you guess it by yourself?”

 

 “I know that mom left”

 

“Because of you”

 

“It was never because of me” Soa felt the anger rise in , “Don’t blame me for something I never did”

 

“You’re at fault!” Saerim suddenly burst out and pointed a finger like she was accusing someone of a crime, eyes narrowed into small slits of fury when she pushed her way into Soa’s flat while causing the latter to stumble back in part shock, “You’re the reason why everything started falling apart! IF you had stayed a ty veggie, we would still have been a happy family! You’re a nuisance for us, you’re the one who broke their marriage!”

 

At each statement, Haera pushed at her shoulder, at her arms so that Soa fell back a step each time an insulting comment would make it’s way out of Haera’s mouth. Soa’s own mouth opened to try and defend herself, only to be rendered speechless when she thought about all the harsh things Haera said. Was it out of loneliness or bitterness because of having been taken in at such an old age? Was it because she had somewhat replaced Saerim and had never felt good enough for their family? Ideas and thoughts ran along her mind like a troop of confused ants trying to piece together the bits and scraps of the story. As she thought back to Hoseok’s words, it did seem true that whatever the younger girl was trying to achieve, it was all because of this unknown fear lingering in her heart; the fear of always being an outcast and never being accepted for who she was. Sometimes, life threw obstacles at every individual but it was up to you and your choices that made the difference. Because Haera was alone, had always been alone for that matter, maybe she couldn’t help but deviate from her original track. Maybe she was lost at sea, a sailor trying to unsuccessfully find a harbor in which she belonged to.

 

“Haera,” the unfamiliar name slipped from before she could stop herself to, but with a stable gaze, kept her eyes open and warm on the younger girl’s face. There was no anger, no frustration hidden in Soa’s brown irises and she wished that Haera could feel that, the sympathy, “Are you lonely?”

 

She watched the said girl’s body stall and freeze for a moment, pupils dilating before her breaths started coming out at a faster rate. Her face blossomed in pink as a vein throbbed at the side of her neck from the anger Soa had triggered within her. She exhaled and cocked her head to the side, watching Soa with more than a dangerous little smirk dancing across her lips, “Really? You’re asking me that?”

 

A stagnant pause filled the air, with only the sound of their heavy breathing filling the room. Soa felt the pressure weighing down on her shoulders so that she couldn’t breathe properly.

 

“How dare you say THAT?!” Haera suddenly pounced on her and grasped her shoulders so roughly she was sure that her fingerprints would leave bruises, “You’re such a ing !” And with that, she pushed her harshly so that Soa lost her balance and toppled over her own two feet.

 

A pair of arms caught her in mid-fall, halting her from bruising her . Looking upwards towards her savior, she was more than grateful to see Hoseok’s face appear from her peripheral vision.

 

Gently, the boy lifted her back up on the balls of her feet and gazed over her form to ensure that she hadn’t hurt anything. The concern in his eyes made her warm and fuzzy all over as she replied to his silent query that she was okay with a slight nod of her head.

 

When Hoseok spoke next, his voice filled her ears and sent a dangerous warning growling through his soft tenor. He hadn’t raised his voice a notch, and yet Soa felt slight fear crawling up the back of her spine.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?”

 

Haera opened to speak- too shocked for not having remembered that Hoseok did live here as well- but got cut off again by his words that rang through the air like sharp bee stings; “Get out of here”


It seemed like something snapped then in Haera’s demeanor, for she only crossed her arms with a smirk on her face and replied coolly, “This is between me and my eonnie” she mocked, ‘don’t make as if this is your problem’  

 

“Look Haera” Soa stepped forward again when he reached out to clasp her arm. She gave him a look as if to say that everything would be fine, and that calmed him down somewhat as he released his grip. Soa met eyes with the young girl, wondering what was going on behind those deep set and cold eyes of hers. Maybe once upon a lifetime ago, Haera’s gaze would have caused Soa to flinch back and look away in intimidation, but not now, not when she understood what was going on with Haera, not when pity was filling her stomach every time she looked at her and saw past the tough barrier Haera had built around her soul like a fortress.

 

Soa opened and made it loud and clear, “What do you want?”

 

“Me? Ha, as if you gave a damn about what I wanted” Haera scoffed and rolled those pretty deep set eyes of hers, curved into a satanic smirk, “I want to make your life hell, didn’t you figure it out already? I thought you were smarter than that”

 

Soa bit her lip and for a moment wanted to scream at her for being such a spoilt brat and acting like she was the most important thing in the universe when more important things were going on; people were starving, children were being abused, animals were dying and here she was trying to create a mountain out of a molehill. It would be an understatement to say that Soa wasn’t fed up of her antics but what could she do when just one wrong word might make Haera explode? Of all things she wanted, was for a fight to break out between them two. She had had enough of fights, she was so done.

 

Haera could win for all she cared.

 

“I’ll leave you alone, I’ll do everything. I’ll stop visiting dad if that’s what you want, make as if I never existed” Soa couldn’t believe that those words were coming out of , “but just stop bugging me or mom for that matter”

 

“Is that a threat?” Haera flipped some hair over her shoulder, “fine. But I get to do whatever I want with your stuff. If you get mom, then I get to burn all your things like you were never part of this family in the first place, and that includes your ing sister, Saerim”

 

“No, you can’t burn Saerim’s things!-“ Soa got cut off by the younger girl’s mocking laughter shrilly ringing through her ears, wiggling her finger in her direction, “Either that, or I chase down your mom and make sure she never gets food ever again in her life”

 

Before Soa could say anything back, Hoseok had acted upon his instinct and decided to take the matters in his own hands. Striding forward and reaching the younger girl in a matter of seconds, he grabbed a hold of her wrist roughly before pulling her out of the flat and slamming the door in her face, her wails of protests going ignored by the boy as he whipped around so that his gaze fell on Soa’s shaking form.

 

“She doesn’t deserve your pity” He replied to the unspoken question Soa was about to ask. She closed when she realized that he had replied her confused thoughts, frowning down at the floor, “I just-I feel bad even if she’s doing all that to spite me”


He walked over to her slowly, as if judging what to do next. But then his hands reached out to clasp her cold ones in his, “Don’t”

 

Soa’s eyes looked up at him, marbles that reflected the light of all her worries. They were opaque and sombre, “I thought you had gone to the dance studio already”

 

“I forgot my sneakers”

 

“Well, you’re going to be late” Soa replied as she checked the clock on her coffee table, trying not to show how affected she was by Haera’s sudden appearance. But she need not say anything, for the boy had already understood it all through the halted movements of her limbs to the constant uncertain flicker of her brown eyes. He knew her off by heart, could read off her with closed eyes and if she thought about lying to him, then she’d have to think twice before trying.

 

So before she could say anything else about his absence at the dance studio, his arms reached out to her and pulled her close, her nose filling with his scent when she bumped into his collarbone. Hugging Hoseok had always been a pleasure to her since she was the ideal height to burrow in his warmth and feel the pulse of his skin. She was blessed to have him at her side in her worst moments, and was even more blessed about the fact that he never seemed to let go or give up although she was quite a trouble to deal with. She liked that he took his time in understanding, but then give her full support with all his heart poured into it. Relaxing into his arms and winding her own hands around his waist, she sighed and let her head rest in that safe cocoon for a while, enjoying the security and heat it gave her.

 

“Let’s watch a movie”

 

“Huh?” Her head whipped up at the weird proposition, frowning slightly, “But you have dance classes, and you’re already quite late”

 

He shrugged and pulled her to the couch, “It won’t kill me to bunk once in a while”

 

Soa knew how much he lived for dancing, and the guilt filled her heart even more. She grasped his arm softly and looked up to meet his eyes, “Hoseok, I know you want to go dance”

 

Hoseok’s eyes narrowed, “woman, you can’t stop me if I want to stay with you”

 

A very short simple answer that would satisfy probably anyone else. But the three last words stuck in Soa’s head and continued to play over and over again like a soothing lullaby; ‘stay with you, stay with you, stay with you’. One might think of her as crazy or delusional but it really wasn’t something she was accustomed to. She was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she hadn’t even realized they had moved to the couch until the boy plopped her down forcefully, grabbed the remote and a spare blanket lying around, and threw himself against her before burrowing his head into her hair.

 

“Uh,” Soa blinked before looking down at him, “What are we watching?”

The boy only groaned in response while nuzzling the skin behind her ear, “Forget it, I just want to cuddle”

 

“Yah” She stifled the laughter rising to her voice box and shook her head at him, what was she going to do with him, really? Soa took the remote out of his hands and leaned back to put on a random Disney movie. Luckily enough, Peter pan was busy playing and quite satisfied, she settled back against the couch and let Hoseok’s soft and deep breathing calm her heartbeats.

 

Soa thought that it would have been a very peaceful time for her to breathe and be with her thoughts for a while, but seemed that Hoseok had other plans when his lips started nibbling her ear, breathing softly onto it. The warmth of his breath onto her ear sent sizzles of electricity up and down her spine to make her stomach wind up into knots. She tried ignoring him at first, focusing way too much on Peter pan’s character that she started seeing double, but then his mouth started moving to trace the skin at her jaw, stopping her brain from processing the thoughts in her head. She felt too hot, too hot from his own heat, and would have drowned herself in it if not for his constant teasing.

When she turned her head to meet his eyes, they gleamed with a mischievous light as his lips brushed over hers softly, not quite kissing but more like rubbing against each other with a tenderness Soa was surprised to find in him.


“Yah, you’re distracting me” she pushed his forehead away teasingly, not regretting it one second for he brought his head back and pecked her on the mouth, “Mmm”

“Yah” she pulled away and he followed, arms gluing her body to his as he pressed his face against the depths of her neck, purring like a giant feline. Soa’s hands reached out to graze his scalp under his soft, black locks and almost squealed at the muffled groan that escaped his lips, filled with a seducing desire for more.

 

“It’s been a while since we cuddled” Hoseok suddenly blurted, breaking the peaceful atmosphere with his muffled words.

Soa looked down at him while cocking her head, realizing the truth of his statement, “That’s true” and pulling softly at the hair at the base of his scalp.

 

“I miss you”

 

“I am right here, dummy” Soa joked, knowing full well what he meant. Their clashing schedules didn’t permit them to see each other for long periods of time everyday, and although Soa admitted that it was a constant struggle to remind herself that Hoseok was fine, she was always worried bout his wellbeing and health due to him working at odd times and returning home late at night due to his dance classes.

 

“You know what I mean” He nuzzled his nose into her skin at her collarbone, butterfly kisses that made her shrug in response, “I know”

 

Then, surprising him, the girl bent over to press a kiss atop of his head, “I miss you too”

 

Although it was a whisper of words, the tenderness that followed struck the boy’s heart, and with a contempt smile, he closed his eyes and basked in her aura, knowing that no matter what, Soa was not going anywhere any time soon and that she was always his sanctuary.

 


 

Helllooooooo!

It's been so longgg right? I miss AFF, I miss you guys :( <3 The mocks are killing me right now like I have a Psychology Exam coming up tomorrow and I'm freaking out already because it's just sooo hard TT.TT HELP MEEEE~

WHat do you guys think of Haera now? And HobiSoa? HINT: NEXT CHAPPIE WILL BE FULL OF - nope, try to guess xD

As you guys guessed, apart from the confrontation wtih Haera once again, it was kind of a filler chappie with cutie patootie HobiSoa~ AND AND AND I HAVE GREAT THINGS PREPARED FOR THE NAMNI SHIP OHO OHOOOOO XD  Are you guys ready ??? ;) 

Anyway, as I said before, I do think that within four or probably a little bit more chappies, the story will be over and I don't want to write anything about it now because I still want to write all the fluffy scenes and probably a few random oneshots from the story itself (DON'T FORGET SUGA AND HIS CRUSH AS WELL)~ :D 

Soooo.... if you guys have any secnario in mind for HobiSoa, Namni, ChoKook or even Suga or any BTS members, I'll gladly do it cause I don't really mind, this fic holds such an important place in my heart because of Hoseok being my hubby and yeahh you get it so don't hesitate if you havt any scenario in mind :) xx

 

I probably won't upload again until the 10th July due to my mocks so please wait patiently for me :( I'm really sorry for my absence as well, there are no other words to describe my sadness :( 

OHMY GAWD BTW DID YOU GUYS WATCH THE 'DOPE' MV?????? LIKE WTFFFF THEY'RE ALL SLAYIN' LIKE SERIOUSLY HOW IS THAT EVEN LEGAL *.* What are your thoughts on the new song? I really think they slayed once again and I swear they're all getting better dancers all day everyday i'm so proudddd TT.TT 

 

thanks to all those who read and comment on my story! Although i don't have tme to reply to all of them, I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE EVERY WORD AND I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK! <3 XX :)