Distance

Drawing the Line
 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 

This had to be the biggest fight yet between the two. No phone calls, no text messages, and Hoseok stopped coming around to Soa’s house, instead spending all his free time inside the dance studio and dancing his frustration out. Their friends were genuinely worried about them, and Christmas was slowly approaching. They didn’t feel like the two were going to make up soon especially when last time they had been forced to, but the season of christmas was an event that you spent with a loved one, would Soa be spending it all alone in her flat? What about Hoseok? Would the boy be turning back to the bipolar jerk that everyone had known very well before Soa’s arrival? 

 

“What triggered the fight anyway?” Jin asked one day when they had clustered and barged into Soa’s flat without permission. The girl looked like a zombie and it didn’t help that her fridge and cupboards were free of food. BTS’s worry kept growing stronger for the girl, and Chohee had managed to find at least one cup of coffee that she forced into Soa’s grasp before they huddled around her sofa.  

 

The said girl said nothing, only turned away to look out of the window. 

 

“Does it have something to do with your family?” Taehyung murmured softly while laying a hand onto her arm, stung with hurt when Soa only pulled away and kept to herself. She didn’t feel like talking about it especially not to a group of people. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust them; on the contrary, she could walk through fire with blind eyes if they were on the other side. But right now she just felt like being alone. Hoseok’s words and actions kept replying back and forth in her mind like a broken videotape, and maybe, just maybe Soa felt the slightest pang of guilt eat her up upon coming to the realization that she might be at fault. 

 

After some time, they realized that talking to her was pointless and left Chohee there with her, thinking of going to see the boy next. 

 

Chohee abruptly took away the cup of now cold coffee from her hands and sat her down at the kitchen table, dragging her chair all the way next to hers and sitting down while reaching for her hands and clasping them in hers. Her brown orbs were filled with nothing but worry and concern, and Soa felt even more stupid and bad for making her go through this when she should be enjoying her time with Jungkook. 

 

“Soa,” Chohee’s murmur was softer than a caress, “Is this about your younger sister?”

 

Said girl jumped from her seat, “No.” She denied it. 

 

But Chohee was aware that she hit a nerve “You can tell me” 

 

"I..." Soa trailed off as soon as she started, fear filling her eyes as Chohee saw her redraw back into her shell. It could not be a good sign, not when Soa was in that particular state. If she didn't show that she trusted the latter now, this fear of people would grow. She needed to know that not everyone was as hypocrite and as bad as Hani, and Chohee wanted her to understand that. 

 

When no word came out of Soa's lips, only a sigh left Chohee before she placed a gentle hand onto her friend's arm, saying "call me whenever you feel like it". She then made her way out of Soa's apartment with dejected shoulders but without a backward glance. It wasn't until Soa heard the sound of the door closing that she realized the loneliness in which she had wrapped herself. It was a bundle of knots twisting her inside it's nest, a never ending maze from which she had yet to escape. 

 

Curling herself into a ball on the couch, she wondered how just the apparition of Saerim had balanced over its stability. It wasn't that she hated the younger female, but the competition her dad had forced onto her had taken a toll onto Soa, causing her to classify her own sister as a rival, although she hated the feeling of it. The worst part was that she felt like losing each and every time. Always, ever since she came back from her coma the only thing she saw was Saerim's back going farther and farther into the distance while she say in the back, straying farther from the harbor. She was a boat with no anchor, floating away into the big wide ocean without anyone calling out for her signal. They had already dismissed her absence as a disparition, and moved on without her. 

 

Again, it just came back to that transparent glass where no one even took notice of her existence. 

 

A flood of guilt travelled through her heart every time the familiar face sporting those intense brown eyes and rich-filled mouth came to mind. The boy wasn't supposed to have seen her in this childish and immature state, not when he had been the center of her problem in the first place. He had no idea about her little sister and how Soa was the black sheep of her family. There were many things still left unknown to him, and the girl wondered whether she wanted him to plunge into the deepest pits of her life. 

 

Maybe she was scared. Yes, partly because she feared his reaction. Would he up and leave her the moment he realized just how much of a wreck he was? 

No, Hoseok wasn't like that, Hoseok wouldn't do that. 

 

Unlike her, he knew how to think before acting.

He was almost an adult, mature in his years and experience although these characteristics didn't strike through him as obvious as air. 

Soa felt even more like a bra throwing a tantrum. 

The thing was, he probably could not understand what she was going through. Little people could especially since she was a girl.

Women were sensitive and hypocrite in nature, always looking to wonder whether they were better than the latter. Putting competition just fired up their female ego. 

 

I'll apologize, she decided with a firm nod of her head, I'll apologize for everything I said to him, especially what I said to him. Hoseok had been so hood to her since they started going out together, thinking back to her harsh words, her heartstrings tugged somewhat in pain and regret. 

 

 


 

 

 

 

"Hyung, are you really going to spend christmas scowling at your reflection?" Taehyung tugged onto J-Hope's arm like a puppy in need of attention. The older boy only swatted him away with his arm and kelt redoing the movements he thought were not polished enough. Listening to Chohee's advice, they decided to drop by the dance studio and funny enough, there he was rocking back and forth on his heels like a broken doll on a pirouette. They were worried To find his eyes filled with nothing but a blackness that seemed void of emotions, of feeling. He was there but it felt like he couldn't see them, staring right through like a mannequin. 

 

"This has gone for long enough. Stop acting like a brat and man up, dude" Suga commented while sitting against the mirror with his legs sprawled out onto the wooden floor. He tousled his red curls, "a man'a gotta do what he has to do" 

 

"You're letting her slip through your fingers hyung" Jimin added with a hint of impatience, "You've never been happier with another girl" 

 

Jin suddenly grabbed onto his shoulder in a firm but warm grip. Hoseok was urged to turn his head and look into the older boy's eyes, "Hobi, are you even listening to us?" 

 

"She's the one that started the fight. I have nothing to apologize for" the latter replied like a dead zombie. 

 

"Whether you're innocent or not, you're not going to wait for her to run into your arms, right?" Namjoon tried softening things up with a suggestion, but quickly faltered when the said person in question turned his glare onto him, practically growling, "I didn't ing do anything wrong!" 

 

"Just keep in mind that she must have had a reason to turn against you" Suga gathered himself up from the ground and they left the studio with exasperated sighs about not having able to turn J-Hope's mind. Jungkook lingered at the back, wanting to speak to his older hyung but Then thought better of it, slipping out of the door as they closed behind him with a desolated sigh. 

 

Once they were gone, a switch threw Hoseok's body into turmoil.

"Damn it!" Pressing his dace against the mirror, he watched himself and his dark eyes, blacker than midnight because of the darkness falling over the city. It was probably dark outside, for the chill caused his body to vibrate. Even though he was not to blame for whatever happened between Soa and him, he still felt like it was his fault for having been so cordial to her sister. But she never talked to him about her family, why couldn't she open up about her life just like he did with his? He understood that she was scared, that fear filled her every fibre because of that goddamn coma, but she should also understand how much she meant to him. It had taken on a while new level of affection. His head was wrapped around her 24/7, and her scent was always on the tip of his nose. 

 

Did she miss him as much as he did? 

But then again, it was not fair that she got to get away with all her accusations, flirting with her sister, really what a stupid thought, he grumbled to himself. Sure, her sister could be pretty; if she stopped being all fake and try to act more like her. He hadn't failed to notice her fluttering lashes or her body posture. 

 

In his heart, there was no one better than Soa, and he meant to keep it that way. 

 

He practically jumped out of his skin when the phone rang.

Once, twice, thrice…

Before he decided to pick it up reluctantly. 

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Hyung,” Jungkook’s voice was unwelcome at this very moment and Hoseok had to restrain himself from growling, “I have to tell you something” 

 

“Such good timing” the latter was mere seconds from cursing and the maknae felt the tension seeping from his phone dial. A little bit more and he might just explode. He turned to Chohee who was sitting next to him with a serious expression across her face, and when she nodded, he started speaking again for fear that Hoseok would be too caught up in his own torment to listen. 

“Hyung, that time when Soa’s family came over to visit. You remember her smaller sister? Saerim right?” How could I forget, J-Hpe thought bitterly, it was the cause of our fight in the first place, “Well, Chohee had been pulling out the trash that night, and when she was returning back to the flat she heard Saerim speaking on the phone” 

 

“So?” He hadn’t meant for his voice to come out so clipped and snappy, but Hoseok had never been a patient man, “So what?” 

 

“Saerim said something about a secret of some sort” 

 

J-Hope sighed and rubbed his temples, “Why does Chohee always ends up in those situations?” 

 

“I don’t know but I think it might be something bad. I feel it hyung, so you better go and make up with Soa before the storm hits” Jungkook’s reply seemed so much mature than what he actually was, J-Hope felt like a child being told off by his grandfather. 

On the other end of the line, Jungkook heard the click of the receiver and knew that the older boy had cut off his call without even a mere goodbye, but it was understandable, Hoseok had always been aggressive when wrapped in anger. Chohee shifted at his side and gazed at him with worry written at the border of her eyes. 

“What did he say?” she murmured softly. 

 

“He just cut the call” Jungkook answered bitterly while raking a hand through his hair. He had just washed it and it fell about into spiky strands over his scalp like freshly cut grass after a spring of rain. He wasn’t about to dry it, as Chohee knew Jungkook was just too much of a lazy to do so. Therefore, she stood up and went to fetch a hairdryer before plugging it in an electric socket; turning the boy to backface her while Jungkook threw her a confused look. 

 

“What are you doing?” He couldn’t help but question as he flinched away from the now revving hairdryer. Chohee held it in her hand while fondling his wet spikes with the over as she raised a brow at his question. Sometimes, she wondered how Jungkook could be such a blonde and an idiot, she did not know whether to find it cute or pathetic. 

“Drying your hair, smartass” she replied back wittily. 

 

The boy relaxed in his seat after a tense moment and looked up at the ceiling in deep thought, “These two are just impossible” 

 

“I couldn’t agree more” She tousled over the hair at the nape of his neck, making him shiver, “But this definitely has something to do with Saerim, no doubt about it” 

 

“You think she’s the one causing this?” He tilted his head back and their eyes met. Chohee caught sight of slight worry and concern tracing his features, absentmindedly playing with the tip of his ear. 

“Yeah” She replied, “I sense something off about her” 

 

“I’m not going to question your intuition,” Jungkook’s lips parted into a grin, “You were right the first time” 

 

“Dude, you know that you must dry your hair right? Aish you’re such a kid” She changed the subject so abruptly the boy had to smile at her embarrassment. She wasn’t like any girl he’d ever met before, that was for sure, especially since she was majoring in martial arts and all the guy stuff that he never pictured girls doing. But honestly speaking, every time he found Chohee in the practice room trying hard to do pirouettes and hitting the sandbags like a tigress in fury, he felt a sort of pride swell in his chest, not to forget that he found it slightly hot. 

 

“Come here” His hand suddenly snatched onto her arm, bringing her down onto his lap and ignoring her protests about the hairdryer getting pulled out of it’s socket before muffling her with a kiss. Grumbling, she hesitated a bit before kissing him back the slightest as his lips slanted over hers and nibbled onto her bottom lip, the flesh pulling out red and plump from his attack. 

 

She pulled away after a short moment, breathing deeply as her eyes found his in the half-lighted room, and her brown orbs still contained some hints of worry “do you think they’ll be okay?” she murmured softly, like a caress she was scared of voicing out as she didn’t wish to break this magical moment. 

“They’ll be fine” He cupped her cheek, thumb tracing patterns onto her now red flushed skin. “Don’t worry so much” 

 

“Speaking of which…” Chohee trailed off when her boyfriend reached over to place her head into the curve of his neck, feeling his heart beat underneath her fingers lying over his muscled chest. “I saw Namjoon and Hani the other day, dancing together during prom” 

 

“Huh? Chincha?” Jungkook was surprised. Namjoon’s nature had never been to approach females without a reason. During the time when he had fallen in love with his very first, he had dripped to the point of obsession. The dark days had come and gone with BTS experiencing every second of it like they were the ones going through this phase. It had been hard on him, especially when it hadn’t ended well in the end because of the girl moving away. The latter had moped for weeks and weeks after that walking around school like a dead corpse. 

 

“Yeah. Really, Hani’s just bad news, why does he even hang out with her?” 

 

He sighed into her hair while nuzzling it fondly with his cheek, one of his hands caressing her back in soothing circles, “I don’t know Chohee. Sometimes, I don’t understand him”

 

 


 

 

Heya guys! 
Had to be the shortest chappie in terms of movement, sorry about that but this one focuses more on Character backgrounds of your two mains :) <3 

I'm so sorry for not updating for a week but I was in Korea.....heheheeeeeee :P And OMFG I TOUCHED BIGHIT ENT'S WALLS LIKE WHAT WAS AIR I ENTERED THE BUILDING AND WAS RESPIRING THE SAME AIR AS THEM OMG HOLY GEEEESHH /slaps self/. 
I'm making the vlog right now for those who are interested about my trip to SK :D So PLEASE STAY TUNED! :D <3

 

Hope you enjoyed this chappie! A little bit of CHOKOOK FOR YOU ARET THEY ADORABLE AISHHHHH.....

 

And btw guys, did you check out Lovelyz from Woolim? :)

I find them really cute, and i;m looking forward to more of their songs :) I really took a liking to Sujeong and Mijoo althought the rest are just as charming! :D <3 check them out!

 

thanks for always leaving beautiful comments :) <3 it means so much to me.

chu! :D <3~