Exposed

Drawing the Line

 

 


Hoseok’s father got discharged a few days later and after a few discussions with his company, his sister and the said boy himself, they came to an agreement that Hoseok would occupy half of the company while his older cousin would take the other part of it. Seeing as the latter was a serious, nerdy and almost too strung up man that was always on the dot, always organized and a bit too much of an OCD, Hoseok was more than happy to know that most of the paperwork would be done by him and that he could still continue his Dance Performing studies. Soa was more than happy for this sudden change of plans and it led her to be a little over excited about his first day to the council meeting where his father would introduce him as a CEO in training.

 

“Soa no” J-Hope attempted to move his head away from her assault, which was her fingers filled with wax. Of all things he hated wax was probably one of the main items on his blacklist and he wasn’t a big fan because of the annoying texture dominating over of his black locks. Plus, he’d probably ruin it by raking his fingers through his scalp; it was a daily habit of his that was not about to disappear so soon.

 

“Come on” the girl rolled her eyes and thought how much of a baby he was being, “It looks more professional that way”

 

“No” she was momentarily surprised when his lips upturned into a cute pout and right there and then, she had this sudden urge to kiss him. Granted, it did not help matters with the fact that he was wearing professional attire: a white crisp shirt and tie, tucked into black pants and classic shoes, a belt looped around his waist and a watch decorating his wrist. Soa looked away before anything could distract her more than she already was.

 

“Hoseok!” She protested when the boy pulled away harshly and managed to get out of her grasp. A sigh escaped her lips and she watched him grab onto his cardigan and pass it over his body, the muscles in his back stretching and giving her a full view of that tempting glory. Clearly she should get used to that kind of look on her boyfriend; after all she was going to get that y sight every morning. She wanted to hit herself for being so shallow and thinking of those kinds of things.

 

Trying a last attempt, Soa tiptoed over to him and made sure that he wasn’t aware of anything before suddenly grabbing onto his arms and pushing him against the sofa, causing the boy’s legs to hit the seat and topple over onto his . More than a little astonished, his eyes flew up to her face but in a swift movement, Soa had stepped in between his legs to trap him against the couch making sure that he was not to get away from her. a triumphant smile played across her face.

 

“No-“ “YAH!” she locked his head in between her elbows and shot him a look full of warning, as if saying ‘don’t you dare pull away or you’re dead meat’ which only led him to shiver softly. He had to admit that seeing Soa’s new façade was hot and sent a sizzle of desire running up and down his spine.

 

“Stay still” her soft soprano caused him to bite his lip. She was just too ing hot for her own good in the worst situations, he told himself harshly.

 

Softly, delicately, her fingers pushed his fringe up from his forehead and spiked them up a bit, teasing his locks and setting them in place before stepping back and admiring her work.

Wow, he looked handsome.

 

Scratch that, he looked hot.

y.

.

 

It must have done a weird thing to her face for the boy scratched the back of his head and lowered his gaze to the ground like a small little boy being teased because of his bowl haircut in kindergarten, “I told you it’s weird”

 

“No” She attempted to choke out. “Y-you look…handsome”

Her cheeks suddenly blossomed in pink, splashes of vivid scarlet decorating her skin and the back of her neck tingling with uncomfortable heat. J-Hope caught sight of the change in her expression and knowing that she was more than a little ashamed to look at him in the eye- it did not help that she was looking everywhere but at him- his hands suddenly snatched her own and jerked her over before encaging his arms around her waist. Looking up at her face, he didn’t hesitate to grin when the girl looked away and gulped harshly.

 

“I didn’t hear that” Hoseok murmured before pressing a soft kiss to her belly button hiding behind the layer of her shirt- his shirt. Tingles of desire spread through her fingers and she shrugged slightly in response.

Cheeks flaming more than ever, Soa took a deep breath and tried to look at him in the eye with a frown over her face, “I said, you looked handsome. Happy now?”

 

“You know since it’s my first day and all,” He pulled her closer, breath hitting her stomach and causing a troop of butterflies to jumble it’s content, “I’m pretty nervous”

 

“So?” Soa only raised a brow and tried keeping her heartbeats stabilized because hell it was skipping beats.

 

“I need luck” With a soft tug, he made her fall into his lap as she emitted a squeak. His face zoomed in on hers and she swore that her pulse jumped through her skin. Soa could only blink in mild confusion whereas her thoughts suddenly came to a halt. With his breath washing over her face in that desirable masculine scent of his, it was enough to render her brain blank. Nothing mattered but the way Hoseok’s eyes kept tracing over her every feature like it was the first thing he had seen in his life.

 

Soa gasped when his fingers lightly traced over her thigh and it didn’t help when his hand tightened at her waist. Then, he tilted his face towards her own but then stopped a millimeter from her lips.

 

“W-What?” she asked when a stagnant pause settled over them. Clearly he wasn’t thinking about…

 

“A good luck kiss”

 

She didn’t know whether she had to laugh or find it utterly pathetic and desperate from his part. Never had he asked for something like that and yet here he was, waiting for her to actually give him something he usually took without even a question or hesitation. Why? She thought to herself when more red added to her face. How-how the hell was she even supposed to do that?

 

Those four words, no matter how banal and simple they sounded, were enough to make her a flushed mess.

His thumb delicately traced patterns across her inner thigh, dangerously close to the center of her legs as Soa gasped slightly.

 

“I’m waiting” He hummed softly and closed his eyes. The girl squirmed in his hold, hating the fact that he was now taking possession over the situation when just a few seconds ago he was tamed and well behaved.

 

Using her hands, she attempted to push at his chest, “H-Hoseok-“

Still, he continued waiting and the tension filled her nerves.

 

“Soa I don’t have all day” he prodded his nose against hers then.

 

“B-But-“ She continued pushing at him when he growled in protest. Soa sighed “F-Fine, just don’t judge”

 

Like her body had caught fire, the girl leaned in and quickly pecked his mouth, her face redder than ever when he opened his eyes and smirked crookedly.

 

He pecked her, again and again, small sweet kisses that messed up her thoughts and made her breathless from his assaults. She would be lying if she told herself that she didn’t love it, no matter how much it made her skin hot with fire, the never-ending tickling sensations he gave her was something she loved about him.

His mouth caught hers and pressed deeper, causing her head to bob back from the attack as a throaty growl escaped his mouth. Grip tightening around her waist, one of his hands ran up to her face and brushed the skin at the base of her neck, her body shivering at the contact. Unconsciously, Soa’s hands ran up behind his neck to trail through his locks, pulling slightly and forgetting momentarily about the wax.


She kissed back at the slightest before pulling away because she was sure she’d regret it if she continued, ‘you’re going to be late”

 

Sitting there and staring at her with this lust-filled gaze of his and that messy hair, Soa had to avert her gaze in order not to lose control of her sanity because dear god, how the did he manage to look so hot without even trying?

 

Softly, she ran her fingers again through his scalp and tried to neatly rearrange them, “There, you’re ready”

 

“Thanks” He cracked a crooked smile, the smile she loved seeing, and the smile that made her weak in the knees, her smile.

Oh it, she could not concentrate as he his lips and impulsively, the girl caught his mouth once again in a hard and passionate kiss, nibbling slightly on his lower lip before tugging at it and pulling back, “Good luck”

 

Two blotches of red decorated J-Hope’s face as he tried keeping his cool, “Y-Yeah”

Soa watched him clumsily grab his briefcase and straighten his tie, her eyes still hooded and taking in his every move. As he turned to bid her goodbye, her hand took hold of his tie and jerked him down to her once again, pecking him chastely on the mouth.

 

“I might as well not go and stay here if you’re going to act like this” Hoseok winked, which flushed her face in color while she swatted at him, “Shut up!”

 

 

 


 

 

Time flew by at the speed of light and soon enough Soa found herself in front of her house, staring at the beige walls and the more than neglected garden filled with more weeds than flowers. Because of the slow approach of exams, the girl had to study and although she was trying her very best, her thoughts always came back to the one and only lie her parents had kept from her. Saerim kept running through her thoughts and stopping her from doing whatever she liked. Whenever she was alone- it was worse when she was alone-she’d be consumed with so much rejection that it hurt to even breathe. She couldn’t quite believe that her own flesh and blood would lie to her about her smaller sister’s existence. When she learned that Saerim did die on the day of the accident- by sifting through the million articles about their accident-it did nothing but bring back memories of her sweet face, the face she had instilled in her mind and although she had expected it to hurt, it did not pain her as much as the lie did. Soa had accepted the fact that her smaller sister was gone from this world, gone and was never going to come back.

Death occurred when you least wanted it; she had no control over how it was to happen.

 

The only thing left to do was mourn, but mourn what? Soa didn’t even know where the heck Saerim was buried.

 

Although Hoseok had told her that he’d come with her because it might be too much for Soa to take, the girl protested that he had lots of work to do and that she’d want to be alone anyway, when the truth was she really had hoped he’d come. But then again, it was understandable, with all the workload of his new business; it took a toll on him for he had to share his time between papers and dance. It was hard enough as it was to cope, bow adding Soa to the list might cause him to explode. Furthermore, the girl had no intention to make him see her suffer so that he’d suffer with her.

 

This place brought so many memories rushing through her mind like wind tugging at her locks, it’s been so long since she’s visited this place and yet, it did feel like home. The scent, the feel of everything, the atmosphere brought her back to the happy times where their family used to be complete, happy, when they used to laugh about anything and everything. What happened to the? What happened to those smiles?

She had no answer to that.

Her heart clenched as her feet walked up the small trail leading to her front door, heart constricting in pain and triggering her nerves to go away and never come back. She had this feeling of just running and never looking back at her past, but this was part of her, made the bits and broken pieces of her mended soul, Soa simply could not ignore that. No matter how much she’d deny herself, the truth was that this was where she belonged, her home, where the base of her knowledge lay.

 

She hesitated slightly before her hand reached up to tap the door, gulping and swallowing the sudden constriction of air in .

 

The door opened and Soa caught sight of her mother.

A flash of a smile wrinkled her now aging face, but it soon disappeared once she caught sight of Soa’own expression, which reflected the agony and the betrayal she was going through.

“Soa, what s surprise to see you” Opening the door wider, the old lady ushered her in with a comforting arm around her shoulder, “Aren’t you supposed to have school?”

 

“We’re on study break before exams” Soa’s reply was flat and more than a little cold. Mrs. Kang noticed this and winced slightly, but said nothing about her attitude, thinking that it was probably something to do with anything but their family.

 

“Well it’s nice to see you come home once in a while!” her mother chirped about like nothing was wrong, flitting about to the kitchen and reaching up for a plate of freshly baked muffins. Once in another dimension, Soa would have given anything to taste those chocolate delicacies and yet today was just not the day, today the bitter taste of betrayal was so nasty in that it was even hard to swallow down the clog in .

 

Mom, I need to talk to you about something”

 

“Sure sure, but only after you’ve tasted those. I put some chocolate chips instead of peanut butter this time” she the plate under Soa’s nose but the latter shook her head, pushing the dish back and trying to catch her mother’s attention.

 

But either Mrs. Kang really had a hearing problem, or she was doing on purpose to act like everything was perfectly fine. “Oh Soa, just a bite! I made them for Saerim because she was feeling a little down lately but-“

 

Mom.” Her voice dripped with authority. “Please.”

Mrs. Kang blinked and stopped at her tone, “What’s wrong, sweetheart?”

 

“Mom” the build-up of emotion took a toll on her and she had to take deep gulps of air in order to calm herself down. Biting her lip, Soa closed her eyes briefly and tried to process the words in a way that would not hurt her mother as much as it did to her. She opened only to close it again. How was she supposed to abide the subject when all it did was bring her more and more pain?

“Mom, look” Soa’s soft soprano trembled, “about Saerim…”

 

“What about Saerim?” Mrs. Kang responded a little too quickly for her liking.


“Saerim…why is she so different from what she used to be?”

 

Her mother’s eyes rounded, “Different? Sweetie, she’s always been that way, chatterbox and all”

 

“I don’t believe you” Soa replied and kept her gaze constant and hard, cold. She watched the older woman’s mechanisms freeze and buffer, very unlike her natural behavior. “Mom. Tell me the truth”

 

“I-Soa sweetheart you’re imagining things, why would I ever lie to you?”

 

“Haera”

 

The sound of that name falling from Soa’s mouth was enough to erupt a gasp from Mrs. Kang and although she had prepared herself for the worst, Soa felt the pang of reality hit her right in between her heartstrings, tugging and pulling in places she hated. It was obvious, so obvious from her mother’s face, why couldn’t they just have told her the whole truth? What more damage could it have done? Now, after so long believing that Haera was her real sister, her flesh and blood, of feeling like a because she was jealous of her own sibling- she realized how much he gut intuition was right, that something was wrong in this picture, that it wasn’t what it seemed to be.

 

“Saerim transferred schools, didn’t she? I went to check on her records at the new school. Guess what, she’s enrolled in as Haera” Soa murmured loud enough so that every bit of information was not left out, “I got her address, pretty stupid of her for having put down all her real records in one place. I’m not stupid. So tell me mother, who is Kim Saerim really? Where is the real Saerim?”

 

“Soa, everything I did,” Mrs. Kang’s voice shook when she spoke next, placing down the plate of cookies on the counter because of her shaking fingers, her trembling hands that got her under the sudden pressure of her daughter’s gaze looking at her like she had betrayed all her life, “Was only to protect you”

“How did it protect me when it’s only now that I can grieve properly? Do you know how hard it is? To believe that my real sister is –“ the words choked up in and unshed tears started accumulating at the back of her eyes, threatening to fall and cascade down her cheeks. Air seemed too difficult to breathe; her windpipe constricting and not letting oxygen flow to her brain.

 

Gathering up the last pieces of courage with two hands, Soa managed to tilt her head up far enough to look at her mother in the eye, almost regretting this instant when the older woman’s gaze flashed with similar pain, “Just-Just tell me the truth mom, don’t hide anything”

 

“The truth…” Her mother contemplated for a minute, wavering slightly before reaching over to grasp her hand. Soa’s immediate reaction was to pull it back but there was something in her mother’s gaze that softened her muscles, and she let the old woman pull her to the kithen before settling down across her.


“The truth Soa, well…”

 


 

DUNDUNDUNDUNNNN....THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG NOW, MRS KANG. 

Now, we're going to understand why Soa's father is acting this way, and who Saerim really is although you guys were already in on the secret already. 

Did you like this chappie? Yes? no? Comment down below! Thanks to all who support and love this story although it will end very soon...:( I hope you guys liked this journey with me and please support my other stories as well! There are previews of my new fics on Tumblr so check them out if you wish hehe ;) 

AND OMGGG HOBISOA FAAAKKKKKKK THEY ARE SO ADORABLE HOSEOK WITH HIS HAIR UP AND SHOWING HIS FOREHEAD IS LYFE OKEY NUF SAID I MEAN COME ON! >< 

BTW.... 

Anyone has good video editing skills? :3 I'd really like a trailer for my fic... :)))))) *blinks innocently like an angel and trying hard not to exploit anyone*. If anyone's interested out there, don't hesitate! :3 <3 hhehehe, love you guys so much <3

And finally, to give you guys a preview of my new fic coming up soon... ;) 

TRY TO GUESS WHO'S THE BTS MEMBER FEATURING THE PROTAGONIST IN THIS ONE! :D 

-----

 

Emotions.

 

Emotions were the key to failure, they presumed. Emotions were the way whereby many individuals would sacrifice themselves; emotions were the way to kill someone if it was wished.

 

Emotions helped people understand, sympathize, help each other.

 

And that was, indeed, what they didn’t need in this society.

And that was how they founded this Soulless, Emotionless City.

Entity

"I wanted to talk to you about the North. A group is being sent there to examine it's weak points" She crossed her arms over her chest and met eyes with the soldiers. 

"I have a personal mission for you" 

Him? a personal mission? It did not make any sense. If one was to get a personal mission, he’d thought that it would’ve been one of the older members of the group. 

"you have talent. The kind of talent that can't be ignored" 

"You think too highly of me" 

"No one can be taught how to deal with personal missions," her eyes flashed a deep see emerald, "The only catch is that if you fail, you suffer the consequences alone" 

A fighter never gave up, never feared anything. 

That was their purpose. 
They were brave. 
He was brave. 
"I know you can do it. I know you can"