Confusion and Frustration

Drawing the Line

 


The end of year was approaching, and exams were just around the corner. Students were found either sitting in clusters or small groups and trying to tutor themselves all the information they’ve learnt during the past year, while some sat alone and frantically scratched their heads at the amount of content they had covered when they couldn’t even remember half of it. Soa took a sip of her cooling coffee as she entered the library walls, and let herself down onto one of the desks with a huge sigh like she had been carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders.

It had been hell for her these past few weeks.

 

From the moment she had agreed to help Hani out with her love quest.

Everything had just gone tumbling up and down and down the drain.

It was just horrible.

 

Hani’s small plans and cute methods were- granted Soa was her friend but still- annoying and irritating and everything you could find in a children’s fairytale storybook. Apparently to her, She had to be the closest to J-Hope at any given moment, and that meant that Soa couldn’t even go sit by his side anymore. She didn’t talk to him, they barely even exchanged five words now in between classes, and when they did nag at each other and fight, Hani would just sulk and tell Soa that she was a bad friend because she wasn’t taking into consideration her feelings.

It wasn’t that Soa was ignorant of the fact that Hani liked her childhood friend, but she didn’t do it on purpose. The catfights and the teasing, Hoseok also took part in that, so she wasn’t the only one to be accused of wrongdoings.

 

And that annoyed her.

 

“Soa-ah” Hani had called after school with a somber expression across her face, “Are you and Hobi oppa close?”


Soa blinked “No’

“Then,” Hani sent her a half-smile that didn’t reach her eyes “Please stay away from him”

 

The only way to make her friend stop was just to halt conversations with J-Hope.

And thus she did.

She could count on her fingers how many words she had said to the boy this past month.

Probably just a ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ with a small sarcastic comeback once in a while.

 

But overall she had tried her hardest to ignore his entire existence and spent more time with Jungkook and Jimin, who were always busy in the dancing room either practicing and dancing, fooling around with random music while she laughed once in a while.

 

She wasn’t completely happy, but somehow laughter always bubbled out of Soa’s lips when she was in their presence. They made her momentarily forget the troubles of her past life, and gave her a chance to consider erasing everything that had happened before, giving her the strength to move on and laugh along with them like the carefree kids they were.

Most of all, they kept her mind off J-Hope.

 

Once, they had even dragged her to the center of the practice room and forced her to dance to the music.

 

And she did.

She must’ve looked like a fool, because when she turned around, both boys were gaping at her like they had seen her for the first time in their life.

 

Embarrassment burst through her face like fireworks would explode in the night sky, and cowering away, she slunk on herself and was about to make a run for it when Jungkook’s hand came clamping around her wrist, forcing her to stay and stare in eyes that held…awe?

 

What?


“You never told me you danced” He murmured, his brows furrowed like it caused a problem to him.

 

“I-I’m sorry, I don’t-“

 

Jimin cut her off with a big, whooping laugh ‘YAH! Were you going to keep it a secret for so long?!”

 

“Eh?”

 

“You dance” Jimin stated matter-of-factly.

“No I don’t dance’ Soa was more than confused now.

 

“Well you can dance” Jimin laughed again while slinging a muscled arm around her shoulder. “We should teach you”

 

Dance was a new path for Soa. The boys taught her some techniques, and now, she was actually being productive in the dance studio along with them. She learnt the steps with difficulty, but sooner or later had it written over the palm of her hand as she followed with a soaring heart. It had become her new consolation, her new way of expressing the frustration that built up throughout her core. When she danced, she imagined all her troubles; Hani, J-Hope, and her family…everything seemed so simple and easy when she danced, and the stresss would wear off once she finished.

 

It calmed her down somewhat, and she liked the feeling.

Although she wasn’t the best dancer, Jimin and Jungkook both agreed that she could become a good one if she continued like that.

 

Taking a sip of scalding coffee, Soa removed her books from her bag in resignation. Once the school bell had struck, she had avoided Hani and ran past Hoseok for she knew that these two were going to get ice-cream after school, and she didn’t wish to see them together.s he was confused about her feelings, because everytime she kidded herself that she was fine with Hani chasing after Hoseok, her heart would squeeze and it would become all too difficult to breathe.

 

“Can I sit here?” A voice rang coldly, and looking up, Soa gazed into Chohee’s eyes and blinked, somewhat startled at her sudden apparition.

 

“Sure” Soa replied, not hiding the surprise she felt when Chohee settled herself down in front of her.

 

Chohee took out her own books, and an awkward silence filled the space between the two girls before Soa heard the former’s voice speak to her “You’re still friends with her, aren’t you?”

 

Soa narrowed her eyes “I don’t understand what’s your problem, Chohee-ssi. If you do please tell me so”

 

“I can’t” Chohee sighed, raking her hands through her short, choppy strands “You need to figure it out yourself, because I’m not a hypocrite”

 

“Is this about Hani?”

“Yes.”

 

So there must be something that Hani was hiding. But then again, who was Chohee to tell her what was wrong and what was right? It may be the complete opposite, and that Chohee was just the jealous that couldn’t stand to see Hani’s prettiness. Soa bit her lip in thought, Chohee although she was part of the queenka group, was someone straightforward and frank about things she disliked. She remembered clearly that the girl had never laid a hand on her when her group was busy beating her up, and would usually try and come to her defense. But why? She hadn’t done anything to gain Chohee’s respect, so why was Chohee so concerned about her like they were actually friends?

 

 

“Why are you telling me all this?” Soa’s mouth worked faster than her words. Maybe Chohee had a reason, a very dark reason as to why she couldn’t possibly spill , other than being a hypocrite.

 

“Because I don’t want the same thing happening again”

 

“I don’t understand what you’re trying to say” Soa’s frustration was building slowly.

“And I don’t ing understand why you’re trying to help her. Hoseok-ssi is your friend, right?!” Danger flashed across Chohee’s eyes, and if Soa had been anyone else, she would’ve gulped in fear. But right now, her anger was on par with Chohee’s frustration. They both glared at each other for some time before the short-haired girl sighed and flicked her fingers into Soa’s direction in resignation.

“Fine,” Chohee almost had a weary tone “do whatever you want. I’m fed up of trying to act like the good guy here”

 

“Fine” Soa, being the stubborn mule she was, sent her one last scowl before gathering up all her things in her arms and exiting the library. This small encounter was enough to boil her blood and send her nerves on fire. If she stayed in there any longer, she might explode. The cold night air struck her body, whooshing through her clothes and nipping at her skin. Shivering slightly, Soa wrapped her arms tightly around her body and walked towards the courtyard and figured out ways to get home faster. To be truthful, she was actually scared of the dark especially when no one could be seen in the dark streets. The eerie lamps did nothing to reassure her, and goosebumps exploded on her skin when she stepped foot outside her school. She made sure to keep her eyes downcast while chanting in her head that everything would be fine and she just had to walk quickly home.

Just the thought of her sanctuary sped up her steps.

 

Someone grabbed her arm.

 

She screamed in fear until her captor clamped his hand onto .


“It’s me” he said.

Soa swore she felt her body relax visibly as he retracted his hand, grimacing at the saliva and wiping it at the back of his jeans. The girl regarded him with a guarded look in her eyes, shadows of suspicion dancing across her brown orbs in the limelight of the street. But then, she remembered that she wasn’t supposed to be talking to him, and whirled back around to continue walking when he slung an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him in a half-hug.

 

His mouth at her ear sent sizzles down her spine “Why the are you running away from me?”

 

With shaky legs, Soa pushed him away with all the strength she could muster “Get lost, Hoseok” She made sure to glare at him for good measure, but nothing seemed to deter the boy.

 

“In your dreams, brat” He took a step closer. She took a step backwards.

It felt like dance between them.

 

A heated dance of war.

 

Soa threw him a dirty look and kept walking, but J-Hope wasn’t having any of that. What he wanted, he got and he would be as persistent as he could. Following her, he slipped his warm, calloused hands over hers and entwined their fingers together while a small squeak left Soa’s mouth in surprise, jumping out of her skin to look at him with wide, but annoyed eyes.

 

“Stop it” She tried pulling away “Stop following me”

 

“Stop ignoring me” He shot back.

 

“I’m not” she huffed and turned her face away so that he wouldn’t catch a glimpse of the sadness lingering at the border of her gaze.

 

“Why are you ignoring me?” Hoseok murmured darkly, pulling her to a stop when she didn’t reply. Soa tugged onto her hand, hard, but he stayed in place and regarded her with a look that seemed to reflect confusion and mere frustration. She hated it, hated seeing those kinds of emotions because then she got them as well. She had no idea why she did, but it just left her with an annoyed and nagging heart. When Hoseok was being so intimate and caring about her, Soa’s walls were threatened to strip down. He had already discovered part of her and she was bare to him, practically in her own skin.

What more could he want this time?

 

Not a word left her lips; she had them sealed for now. Her resolution and promise to Hani was to stop talking to him. What kind of a friend would she be if she broke her promise?

Plus, she had lived 14 years without Hoseok. Surely, he wasn’t that important to her.

 

“Why are you ignoring me?” He repeated as his expression became darker and darker, frightening the girl. But still, she refused to look at him in the eye and made as if she gazed right through him, her pokerfaced mask slipping right on time.

 

J-Hope hated being ignored, so he grabbed onto her shoulders roughly “Answer me, Kang Soa”

 

“Answer me dammnit!” He suddenly shouted and Soa winced slightly. To be honest, this side of him was scaring her, just a little bit. She had never been exposed to the violent Hoseok before. Would another negative character trait of his emerge today?

 

Hoseok startled her all the more when his actions stopped, this time dragging her close and placing his forehead onto her shoulder, like he was tired and worn-out from fighting his feelings. Could he be worried about me? Soa thought in sudden surprise. It had never occurred to the girl that they could be something like normal friends, because their relationship was everything but normal. But Hoseok was leaning on her like he would with someone he trusted.

 

“I thought we were getting along pretty well, until you started ignoring me” He murmured, voice dark and soft at the same time, like velvet.

 

“I thought I was doing pretty well at making it up to you” A small chuckle fell from his lips, disappearing as soon as it had come. “But why are you still acting like I’m a stranger?”

 

Soa’s mind flashed back to the time he had told her to lean on him, and she bit her lip to stop it from trembling. She feared that he would sense the tears that were slowly accumulating in her eyes, and quickly brushed them away with the back of her hand.

 

For the first time since forever, Soa shed tears.

 

Soa shed tears because of a boy.

 

Soa shed tears because of him, Jung Hoseok.

 

What was the world coming to?

 

“Soa,” The boy drew away, but still close enough to feel his breath – warm and mysterious- filling her nostrils “What did I do wrong?” 


 

Can you feel your hearts my sweeties? Because i literally can't. 
Jung Hoseok what the hell are you doing to me oh my god my hearteuh i can't. 

did i surrpise you once again with a chappie? :D HAHAHAHA I LOVE TROLLING PEOPLE! Okay but seriously if i do stop procrastinating.... *not gonna happen* then i'll probably be updating like in 3-4 days :S Sooo I'm sorry for making you guys wait for the chappies >< 

 

HOW WAS THIS CHAPPIE? HEHEHEHE ISNT HOBI SO BIPOLAR...LIKE ROUGH AND SCARY TEHN CUTE AND COMFORTING AISSHHHHH~ I'M GOING CRAZY BECAUSE OF HIM. SOA SHOULD JUST KISS THE LIFE OUT OF HIM OH MY GARDZZ. 

what do you guys think about Hani and Chohee? 

:) 

And and and...What do you guys think will happen next ?? ;)) 

Well, i"ll see you later everyone! :D <3 

 

xxxx kisses and hugsxxxx thanks once again for the love ! I really loved all your comments imma reply them ASAP! <3

 

love you! ~