Meaningful Words

Drawing the Line

 

 

 

 

 


 

Hani drew in a cold, ragged breath when Namjoon's face appeared at her front door a few days before christmas. Of all people she wished to see at this very moment, he had to be the last man on earth that she wanted to lay her eyes upon. Nothing would make her happier than slamming the door in his face and relishing in the sound of the door slamming shut to separate her from that illiterate human with that annoying mop of silver blonde hair that could strike like lightning. 

 

"How do you know where I live?" She couldn't help but ask incredulously. 

 

Flashing her a dimpled grin, he replied "hello to you too, may I please have access to your wonderful mansion before I freeze my off?"

 

"Sure" she folded her arms over her chest, a smirk lingering over her lips, "after you tell me how'd you find me"

 

He let out an exasperated sigh, "Hoseok told me" 

 

He literally saw her entire face soften at the mention of his name, and she murmured his name again like a caress of a feather. But he only snorted in reply, Hani's love for Hoseok really had been an immature puppy crush, he thought to himself. 

 

Reluctantly, she les him inside her house and didn't even bother asking him for a cup of something to drink, not that Namjoon had been expecting some cordiality in the first place. It just increased his dislike for her as a majorly rich brat that couldn't understand her parent's sufferings. He was aware of her situation; how she had been ignored by her parents because they overworked themselves to keep this rich lifestyle, but never had the girl ever been thankful for whatever they've given her. Sacrifices had to be made in life, and Hani was just too immature to understand how it was complicated to decide. 

 

Not everything was white and black in this world. 

 

As soon as they reached the living room, Hani swiveled around on her feet and threw him the scariest glare she could muster, but if Namjoon showed any hint of fear he knew how to hide it. "What do you want, Namjoon?"

 

"I want to help you" he replied without hesitation. 

He was expecting the full blow-out against him, for she yelled, "Liar! You just want to wreck me, don't you?!"

 

Keeping his gaze steady, he didn't even flinch at her outburst. 

 

"No. But why do you want to wreck others?" He shot back. His voice was a softest whisper, with no harsh intentions behind just the meaning, and yet it felt like the biggest slap in the face to Hani. She stared with her jaw going slacking. 

"Y-you, you-" she struggled to find a comeback but Namjoon had hit a nerve. Her went red as the look in her eyes hardened to steel. Her fingernails dug into the palms of her skin to form small red crescents, but however the pain went unnoticed by the girl for she was too preoccupied with the individual in front of her. How dare he say that to her face? Could he get any meaner? She had already received the amounts of blows she could take, what with Soa and Hoseok's sudden love cutting her heart open, now Namjoon just had to take that small amount of resistance away. She was at the end of her tether, just hanging by a thread. 

 

She stood up so suddenly that he blinked, "get out" her voice was clipped and short, trying in vain to control the emotions that were seeping past her tone in small hisses. "Get out" 

 

"You're going to push me away again just because I'm saying the truth? Just because I'm telling you what you don't want to hear? Not everything is a ing fairytale, Hani. Get that in your thick skull, and stops  trying to hang onto the hope that Hoseok will look at you" Namjoon snapped with raw emotion. "Soa's the one he loves, leave them alone" 

 

She laughed bitterly, "so you only came here to say that? Really Namjoon? What did I ever do to them? It's all in the past now, why are you reminding me of it?" 

 

"Because I don't want to see Hoseok in distress because of you, those two have enough to deal with, they don't need your help" 

 

Without another word, he got up from the couch and showed himself to the door, not even bothering to look back at the now crying girl as he slammed it just to make his purpose even more known. He never did have an intention of hurting Hani especially when she was in such a fragile state, but it was impossible to stay quiet when she was behaving like such a drama queen. He felt like he was partly responsible about her bad habits, because if he had told her off since they were small maybe she'd have grown up to be a good adult. 

He was just trying make things right and to give her a chance to change herself. 

 

Looking up at the sky, he found clouds roaming in a thick mass of fluff and started for home. Funny how the weather seemed to mimic his mood, because just this morning the sky was a blue ocean streaming beyond the horizon. 

 

Hoseok, you better make up with Soa, no matter what. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Could you get any more love sick than you already were? 

Soa had underestimated herself, she had not expected to feel that much pain, but unfortunately her heart had decided that it would be better for her to feel it to another level. So there she was, lying on the couch once again with her feet tucked beneath her and an ice-cream tub left on the table, forgotten as it was slowly melting with time though it was cold. Every day, she had woken up with the mindset to apologize to Hoseok, and every day she would back out of it like a baby unsure of her footsteps. Today was going to be different, she grounded to herself in her mind while putting on her clothes, and today I’ll go and apologize once and for all. I don’t care if he’s still angry with me; he has to listen to what I say. With that small willpower left, she nodded to herself and whispered a ‘fighting!’ at her reflection before leaving her house. The cold struck her much harder than she expected it to be, but then she guessed that it was because of all those times she had refused to go out, practically causing Chohee to scream her head off at the girl. 

 

Her nose was slowly started running, a trail of liquid falling onto her lips. Sniffing slightly, the girl wiped the snot with the back of her hand. She had no idea where he lived, so her only option that was left was the dance studio, and anyway there was no way he would like her visiting his house so casually especially when his parents were so strict on him. The studio was in the center of the city, and for that she had to take the metro. It felt like so long since she’d travelled and breathed in the fresh air with people milling all around her. It felt good, feeling the world and the familiar buzz of voices tinkling and laughing in the distance. She actually missed this commodity, as much as it could get annoying. The cool metal of the steel bar she had gripped on so tightly when she had first mounted in the vehicle loosened slightly as her body relaxed. How stupid could she have been? To mope around inside her flat when there were more things going on around her? More things that she had yet to experience? How could she be stupid enough to let that small flame of jealousy take over her body? Soa wanted to hit herself with a frying pan for having acted so immaturely towards her boyfriend, especially when he had been quite frankly one of the best. Maybe her sister had been provoking just that, and she had succeeded because Soa had reduced herself to her level of competition. But she knew now, and she wasn’t about to make the same mistake ever again. Hoseok was someone to be trusted, and she needed to have faith in him, that was one vital important factor of a relationship. 

 

She really was a screwed up little . How did he ever cope with her? 

She wondered about that. 

 

Her courage almost died away the moment she glanced at the door that screamed out a familiarity to her, but then shook her head. No, she wasn’t about to run away again because that was what fools did. She had to grab her courage with two hands and do something about the problem if she wasn’t satisfied about it. 

Plus, she missed her boyfriend. 

 

Ding dong! She rang the bell, fingers trembling. 

 

A moment later, it swiveled open, and she swore her breath caught inside . 

Hoseok could’ve died at the same moment. 

Not knowing what came over her at that instant, only blurted out an “I’m sorry” 

 

He was taken aback by the frankness of her words. Her soft soprano rang like music inside his ears as he took in the being in front of him while restraining himself from hugging her to pieces.

 

How long had it been since his eyes had run along all her features? Those fierce but soft eyebrows, those cheeks he wished to touch, those lips he yearned to taste… 

 

Not knowing how to clear off the awkward atmosphere that had settled itself like a blanket over their shoulders, the girl awkwardly stuck out her hand holding a messily wrapped Christmas package, and said monotonously while trying not to tremble, “Your present” 

 

The boy accepted it silently without a word and that made the girl even more nervous. Wanting to move around and squirm, she forced herself to stay put and gazed at him with a mixture of slight caution but interest. 

 

It felt like a year before the boy responded. Before she could even say anything else, he had pulled her roughly by the arm into the dance studio and had closed the door behind them. Soa didn’t even have time to blink when Hoseok was suddenly in front of his phone, plugging in some headphones and bringing it over to her with an unreadable expression etched onto his face. That made the fear bubble up even more at the pit of her stomach. Why wasn’t he saying anything? That was worse than Hoseok being angry, at least when he had exploded, there was a reaction. This was …this was like he didn’t give a . 

 

“What are you doing?” She couldn’t resist but blurt out in sudden panic. 

 

His finger suddenly landed onto the tip of her lips, silencing her protests with a “Sh” as she stared at him with widened eyes. The warmth of his finger pressing onto left her wanting to kiss him again and to feel that same familiar scent wrapping around her being. 

 

Get a grip Kang Soa! She thought frustratingly to herself. URGH

 

“Listen” Headphones were placed onto her head before she could say anything else, and Hoseok pressed play as music threw her into a different world filled with beats and tones and melodies. 

 

I’ve avoided saying it for a long time, 

Telling you to wait,

 

The sweet melody filled her ears like the sound of freshly running water upon a stream, a wide smile reaching her face upon hearing Hoseok’s low alto throbbing within the headphones, a soothing drum that made her want to lose herself in his music, into the world he had created especially for her. 

 

As I know exactly what you want to hear from me,

As I know how long you’ve been waiting for, 

Finally, 

I’m saying this to you now, 

 

Did he…did he make all this? She thought to herself with a sudden overwhelming feeling taking over her heart. She felt touched that he had written such a beautiful piece for her, and as she listened to the lyrics, her heartstrings got tugged and pulled at in a million different places, she had never felt so alive to feel the rush of butterflies that were cascading to and fro from her stomach, not to forget the sudden flush in her cheeks like a scarlet blanket of dust settling onto her face. Her thoughts were scattered and perplex, unable to form sensible comprehensions about the matter. Why, why would he go through all this when all he received back was pain and more pain from Soa? He was like a puppy that kept being kicked away, but was always coming back with a wagged tail no matter how much his owner wanted to deny it. 

 

You don’t have to cry

Please don’t cry,

Please raise your head and smile,

I will make you smile

I’ll only give you happiness

I’ll be by your side

Always and foever

Don’t be afraid

Everything will be fine

 

With that, the song faded away as the girl took her time to look up into his eyes. Those deep brown orbs decorated with lashes that pulled her in, attracting her like a moth to a flame. She realized just how much she didn’t deserve someone as giving and kind and sacrificial as Hoseok. He was too good for her, his soul filled with too much kindess of a genuine person she feared standing next to him because the contrast might be so obvious. 

 

“I’m so sorry” She repeated slowly, a lullaby parting her lips. She held his gaze, searching for that sudden slap in the face where he would laugh and push her away while telling her that there was nothing to be said between them anymore. But Hoseok didn’t do all those things. Instead, his entire face softened with surprise but not before it clouded over when the memory of her sudden peak of jealousy washed over his mind like clouds on a bright summer day. It just threw icy cold water of the boy. She was sorry, he could see that across her face, her eyes, her every fibre that was begging him to accept her sincere apologies. He had every intention to, but not before having his own set of fun. Call him sadistic or whatever, he didn’t care because Kang Soa needed to know how it felt like to be at the other end of the string, trying to hold on so tightly her fingers hurt. 

 

“Do you not trust me? Do you think everyone’s as bitter and is out to get you?” he snapped, harsh words causing the girl to flinch back in retreat. 

But her eyes were determined; they flashed with courage “I trust you. I just didn’t trust my feelings” 

 

“So you think a mere sorry is going to make everything better?” He mocked half-heartedly. Watching the emotion crumble her face up before she set back her mask carved out of stone, if he did not know better he might’ve shivered from the coldness radiating from Soa. 

 

The girl’s lips opened, closed, then opened again like she was about to protect herself when Hoseok didn’t give her time to do so before winding an arm around her middle and crashing her to his long frame, forehead coming to a rest against hers as he slowly murmured while keeping eye contact with his beloved, “You know how much I love you, why would you think I’d look at other women?” 

 

To say that his phrase took Soa by surprise was an understatement. More than a little shocked at his words, she leaned back to lock eyes with his own, and she was well aware that he knew what he had said, how he had delivered it, and the look in his eyes told her how much he was pleading for her to reciprocate what he felt. It must’ve taken a lot of courage from his part, and Soa bit her lip. 


“Wha-What did you say?” She asked dumbly because god, she couldn’t believe what the heck she was hearing. Maybe it was her imagination; the three words that were so small yet held so much meaning. 

Or maybe she was just dreaming. 

 

J-hope rolled his eyes and without warning, swooped down to peck her lips, “I said I love you, idiot.”

 

 

 


 

 

 

YO! ~ Wassup guys? ;)
I apologise in advance if my writing style isn't good in this chappie, I dunno why maybe I'm having an off-writing day or something ._. 

I've just returned home, it feels so good to be back although Korea was just wonderful *.* OMG You guys shoud've been there with me. Right now I'm putting the video together but don't expect much I couldn't really film well and I'm not a good cameraman sorry, and i also tried not including my face (coz hell i look fugly) so it'll be like a real sightseeing video of everything i visited ;)

 

Anyway guys, what do you think about this chappie? :o 

Namjoon and Hani? what's going on between them? What is Namjoon's problem really? And Hani? 

What about Hobi and Soa? hhehehe Are they finally making up? ;) 

AND WARNING, NEXT CHAPPIE GOING TO BE MAJORILY FLUFFFYYYY GET YOUR HEARTS READY! it's to make up for all those chappies without much fluff <3 

 

Leave your comments down below! :D <3 MUAH! 

I'll reply to them asap! 

 

PS: I probably won't have time to update so frequently because School's started, but I promise it'll be like at LEAST twice a week, max once a week :S Sorry guys this is just a very important eyar to me, i mean it's my final year of highschool cant screw this up :( ><