Apology

Drawing the Line

 

 


Soa didn’t show up to school the next day, nor did she come to fetch her forgotten schoolbag and books.

J-Hope would lie to himself if he said that he wasn’t worried about her. On the spurge of his anger, he spat out the most venomous words that were taboo to a girl. No matter how much you bullied a girl and threw her insults, crushing her self-confidence on her physique was something that every boy should know; the consequences were disastrous. After she had left, Bangtan tried reasoning with him and it took them quite a while to calm him down; merely 2 hours of skipped classes so that J-Hope would grab a hold of his sanity again and come back to earth. When he finally did open his eyes, he realized the atrocious knifes he had sent her way, and instantly guilt flooded him like a tsunami.

, what had he done?

 

On the other hand, he wasn’t surprised when she didn’t come to school.

He knew to that extent that she was sensible right now, and didn’t feel like socializing with the world probably.

 

Or maybe she just didn’t want to show that cracked piece of army she now held with two hands. Her broken countenance was something that she valued, and the fact that he broke it down and saw past all that cold façade wasn’t something she let everyone see on a daily basis.

 

J-Hope even brushed off Jungkook’s apology when he said “I’m sorry hyung, I was just worried about her” and ruffled his hair playfully, sighing that it was okay and that the damage was already done anyway.

 

“You have to agree though” Namjoon reasoned as they sat at their usual table in the cafeteria, leaning towards the said boy with a dark glow in his brown orbs “That you ed up”

 

“Royally” Suga added with swag.

 

“You should go and apologize, bring her stuff too while you’re at it” Jimin motioned towards her books and bag sitting unconsciously next to him on the bench.

The older boy raked a hand through his hair and clamped his teeth together. Was he stupid or what? What was he supposed to say when facing her now? He was all awkward when it came to apologizing because usually he wouldn’t be the one to blame during fights. Contrary to the image he projected to the school population, J-Hope was actually a very happy-go-lucky guy who was as easy-going as a summer’s breeze on a hot day. Instead of being in the center of the fight, he was the one to break it up.

Which was why the Bangtan boys were shocked at his outburst.

 

“Hyung, we know you’re bad at saying sorry and all…” Taehyung pointed at while he took a bite of his sandwich “So why don’t you buy a teddy bear that says “forgive me” or
something”

 

“Buy chocolates while you’re at it” Jimin said.

 

“For us too!” Jungkook added.

 

“How about roses?” Jin suggested.

 

“Ey, he’s not going on a date, you idiots” Namjoon slapped the two younger boys on the back of their heads only to back off when Jin sent him a ‘don’t you dare, I’m your hyung’ look.

 

“But chocolates are a must!” Taehyung flailed his arms around.

Suga turned to Namjoon with a raised brow “Yah, didn’t we make a doctor’s appointment yet for him?”

 

“Hmm, I’m free this weekend, you think that’ll be enough?” Namjoon teased.


“YAH Don’t talk as if I’m not there!” Taehyung shouted.

 

“Chocolates are the secret to a girl’s heart, actually” Jin rubbed his chin with his two fingers like he was sporting an imaginary beard. With his other hand, he reached over for some pasta and scooped it up to feed Jimin, who accepted it lazily.

 

“Just go there and show her the real you, man” Suga suggested with a wink.

 

J-Hope frowned “What do you mean, the real me?”

 

“The dope J-Hope, the funny and dorky and retarded Hobi hyung that everyone loves” Jungkook grinned lopsidedly while sipping his juice.

 

“Exactly!” Taehyung exclaimed, slinging an arm around the said boy. “Hyung, try being swag”

 

“No not swag” Jin clicked his fingers “Sweet”

 

“Eww no! That’s the last thing to do” Jimin scrunched his face into a disgusted one “Hobi hyung being sweet is disgusting”

 

“It’s almost as disgusting as him doing aegyo” Namjoon chuckled. The youngsters fell about laughing at his statement while the boy responsible only crossed his arms and pouted.

 

“My aegyo is cute, okay!” J-Hope cried.

 

“Anything but” Jungkook snorted and snatched his bread away from V, who had been about to eat a huge chunk out of it.

 

“Look I’ll show you”

 

“NO!” They all roared at the same time, but Hoseok only grinned evilly before making a v-shape under his face and going all squeaky and girly, like a squiggly puppy as he went “Mmm? Mmmm?~” his high-pitched tone sent goosebumps throughout BTS.

 

“Oh my god” Jimin pushed him away and Suga just groaned before punching his arm “Stop it, it’s gross”

 

 

 


 

 

 

Soa woke up on Saturday with the same heavy feeling in her heart, and monotonously toddled around the house to do her morning chores and washing up before tossing on a large tshirt and some cotton shorts that would usually be worn to bed. But since she wasn’t about to get out and about, it was the best outfit for her. She tried not thinking about Hoseok’s words but no matter how she tried blocking them from her ears, it still rang through her mind like a broken record.

 

No wonder you don’t have a boyfriend, who’d want an ugly like you!?”

 

There was some truth in that actually.

Who in the world would want to date her?

She was nothing, purely nothing.

 

Shaking her head into trying to erase her negative thoughts, she forced a smile onto her face at the sight of the sunlight peeking through her curtains, and tied back her hair into a messy bun before letting the light soak through her apartment and give it a new glow that seemed to refresh her all at once, the positive vibes coursing through her body.

 

Okay, time for homework, she thought to herself with determination.

 

It was only when she returned to her room that she realized with a pang that her books and bag had stayed at school.

Damnit! She stomped her foot in annoyance and sighed. Now how the hell was she going to find them back?

 

Oh well, it was best to lounge around and make the best of this free time since she couldn’t technically study. She walked back to her living room and took out her paperback of “The Cuckoo’s Calling” by J.K. Rowling. It was beautiful how that author was able to create such vivid and strong images of her characters. It was amazing really, Soa could only imagine them in her head, but then again if she closed her eyes hard enough, it felt like they were there, like the scene was being played in front of her.

 

She loved losing herself into this world of illusions, because it was the only thing that left her content with joy.

 

She would’ve fallen off the couch if not for it’s handrest, eyes widening at the sight of her phone buzzing.

She blinked and opened the message, only to frown in disgust.

 

I’m in front of your house. Let me in.

From: Hoseok

 

She scoffed. How did he even know where she lived?  And what was this way of speaking after everything he did to her? “Let me in”? Let me in my food, she cursed when another message popped up onto her screen.

 

Don’t try to ignore me. I’ll wait all day and all night if I need to.
From: Hoseok

 

This boy, she shook her head in distaste. He didn’t even have an ounce of respect for her. no ‘please’, no ‘I’m sorry’. Why was he even here in the first place? He was the last person on earth that she wished to see this very moment, the face she’d abash instantly without any hesitation if she were told to, and she wouldn’t feel guilty at all afterwards after what he did to her, he deserved all of it. No jerk should be out in this world walking around and ruining other people’s lives.

 

Yah. Open the door.

From: Hoseok

 

In your dreams, you face, she ignored him and continued reading her book.

 

I have your bag and your books.

From: Hoseok

 

That sparked a slight interest through her. He did? She narrowed her eyes, or is he just kidding me? Just so that I open the door for him? placing her book to the side she typed back a reply.

 

Leave them there. I don’t want to see you.

From: Soa

 

She didn’t even have time to put her phone down again when it buzzed.

 

But I do.

From: Hoseok

 

What the is he trying to-? She tried in vain to clamp down the blush that blossomed over her cheeks like a sakura tree in bloom, and slapped her face to get herself together.

She swore she heard a chuckle on the other side of the door.

 

Leave me alone, Hoseok.

From: Soa

 

I’ll throw your things by the window if you don’t open your ing door.

From: Hoseok.

 

Fear gripped her.


You wouldn’t.

From: Soa

 

Are you testing me?

From: Hoseok

 

Soa raked a hand through her locks and let out an anguished cry before replying:

 

you.

From: Soa

 

She flung the door open to find the boy sitting outside her door. In truth, his arms were full of her books and her schoolbag and his head tilted to the ceiling, probably bored. He turned upon hearing her and got up. The girl didn’t even have the time to throw him a glare before he pushed her things into her arms and barged into her flat, closing the door behind them with a click.

 

Soa’s eyes almost popped out of her sockets in surprise. What the is wrong with him?! She watched the boy advance towards her and stepped back slowly, like a dance. “W-What the are you doing, Jung Hoseok? Get out!”

 

Although she tried in vain to sound brave and careless, there was still this unknown tremor in her soft soprano that made J-Hope soften. She was scared of him, she was afraid that he might do something to her. Of course he wouldn’t, he had morals, he wasn’t a complete bastard.

 

“I want to apologize” He stated truthfully.

 

She blinked. Once, twice…then laughed. It wasn’t bright or joyful or however J-Hope had first imagined it would be; it was filled with sarcasm and hollow dryness, raising the hair at the back of his neck.

 

The laughter suddenly died in , and she threw him a dead stare “You’re funny”, then pointed towards the door “Get out”

 

“I’m sorry” He tried again and felt his pride dying away. No, he needed to focus on now. He was at the wrong side of the spectrum, he knew it. From the moment he opened his mouth to scold her, he was at fault. So he had to make things right again or the guilt might eat him alive. So he bared the price of throwing aside his pride in front of this girl he used to bully and call nicknames and treat like trash.

 

“Apology not accepted” Her orbs flashed with pain, upturned into a deadly smirk “Get out. NOW”

 

“Not until you accept my apology” He stepped towards her again and watched her getting cornered by the sofa, her but hitting it’s handle rest as she cowered behind her stacks of books.

 

“You didn’t accept mine.” She shot back.

 

Ouch, that’s true, he admitted to himself and winced. Damn, he really was a bastard.

 

“I know” he took a deep breath and took time to exhale out from his nose “And I’m sorry”

 

“Sorry doesn’t fix anything” She growled back at him when he took another step, this time placing his hands on both sides of her body so that no escape was available. Fear gripped her like icy knives getting jabbed in her back, and holding back a gasp when he whipped out her books and threw them to the other side of the room, Soa bit her lip and looked down at the floor in order not the meet his gaze.

 

Not because she was afraid, not because she feared him or whatsoever, but because his eyes; she couldn’t meet them. They held so much emotion, so much humane feelings that confused her and released the control she had over her body. The butterflies were starting to move across her stomach, the flutterings of their wings sending her knees weak. Every time she looked at him, she was scared of what effect he would have on her this time. When he hated her and called her names and bullied her; this was fine, she could cope with it. She had a reason to hate him and be a back, but when he was being so considerate and nice and just…it broke her apart, it tore her walls of protection down, and she didn’t want that.

 

“I’ll make it up to you.” He murmured when his breath collided with her face, the air mingling together with the sound of their breathing and Soa swore that he could hear the beatings of her heart humming like a bird willing to get out of her chest.

 

“So now you think of being nice?” She snapped although it didn’t seem so convincing.

 

Hoseok growled slightly “Woman, I said I’m sorry, what else do you want?” He was getting all the more pissed off by the minute at her attitude.

 

“And you think that’s enough?” Soa’s tone held a dangerous venom, one of a snake “After everything you did to me?!” She yanked up her shirt sleeve and J-Hope gulped at the sight of the bruises scattered across her arm, half-healing.

 

“This” she breathed and felt the tears rush back to her eyes once again “You did this”

 

He jerked like she had hit a nerve inside him, fist curling at the sight of her black and purple arm. This wasn’t the end, the girl lifted her pant leg “This?” She snickered “Do you remember this? Or should I refresh your memory?”

 

He had nothing to say, nothing at all.

 

Everything; the bad words he had used against her, the bad picture of he painted in his mind, the fact that she slapped him, and all the curse words at the tip of his tongue dissolved. They washed away like injuries getting cleansed, with a slight burning wince. He’ll stop, he promised himself at this moment. He won’t cause her harm ever again because her broken and sad face was enough to twist his heartstrings. He didn’t want to see her like this because of him ever again, he would make everything to see a smile grace her lips, and he vowed himself to.

 

Then, as if all her courage dissipated from her, Soa dropped her head and pushed him away while murmuring a soft “Forget it. You don’t care anyway- eek!”

 

He interrupted her by swinging an arm under her legs and another around her back, carrying her to the sofa and sitting her down while he kneeled in front of her. The girl couldn’t comprehend anything that flew by her eyes at this moment and was still trying to assimilate his actions when a warm touch onto her leg made her gasp in shock.

 

Hoseok had a hold on her bruised leg, and his lips fluttered over her skin while pressing soft kisses over her every bruise, scar and scab. At every touch of his lips, he murmured soft apologies and a string of ‘sorry’ at each kiss. Heat blossomed through her stomach and blood ran to her cheeks, exploding into a blush as red as a fire engine. She was under shock, she didn’t know what to do, and she was paralyzed.

 

Never had she been touched in this way, much less kissed in this area.

He kissed her flesh like he was adorning her with love, with apologies, his guilt shone out of his eyes when he glanced up at her, lips hovering over her right knee now. With his actions, Soa felt like she was glass yes, but a veneered piece of glass that was cherished and adored with every fibre of her being. He kissed her like she was the most fragile thing on earth, like he feared her to break any second.

 

Tingles shot up and down her spine when his lips trailed upwards and left a sensational heat over her body, taking her hand in his and peppering kisses over her wounds on her arm now, lingering a bit more on the bigger bruises, his apology neverending.

 

She softened, Hoseok was a bastard.

But a bastard with morals.

A bastard that knew his limits.

And a bastard that knew how to cherish people.

 

 

A cry almost fell out of Soa’s lips when his mouth reached her cheek, softly kissing the scratch near her eye and finally pulling away. His brown orbs were swelling with a thousand emotions and it wasn’t helping that Soa’s breathing was the only sound that filled the room. Whether it was in panic or something else, she just watched him with wide eyes.

 

“I’ll make it up to you” He repeated, voice thick with raw feelings. “I promise”

 


 

I couldn't resist I just had to post this chapter BECAUSE HOBI OMGGG <3 Imagine him doing that I totally can coz he's such a cutie pie and caring guy <3 

 

What do you guys think? :D 

 

Thanks for all those who commented! I'm in exams so I'm really busy atm, don't ask how i even update, but yeah when i do have time I'll reply to your lovely comments! <3 :D thanks so much guys, i love you all! :D <3 

 

SOOOOO MORE HOBISOA? :) OR MORE KOOKIESOA?