Changing

Drawing the Line

 

 


 

 

“What did I do wrong?”

 

Hoseok’s stare, in the dim light of the street, was dancing with worry and concern at the border of his irises. It took Soa’s breath away the way he seemed to care much more than he should’ve. Never had someone ever gazed at her with this kind of soulful gaze, like they were trying to understand and hoping for the best.

 

“I-Nothing” Soa stammered, keeping her racing heart under check. All she could hear over her voice was the roaring pulse of blood pumping through her veins. She lowered her head in shame. Actually, she was surprised that the boy had even noticed that she wasn’t paying that much attention to him anymore. The fact that he did proved that somewhere along the line, Hoseok cared for her. Right? She chuckled inwardly at her stupid behavior, what was she talking about? Hoseok was Hani’s and will be hers forever and always. Childhood sweathearts for god’s sake there was no way Soa could beat that.

Wait what the heck am I talking about, I don’t even like J-Hope that way…

 

“Soa” His finger tilted her chin upwards, staring deeply into the soul of her brown orbs “are you going to tell me what’s wrong?”

 

Unconsciously, she her lips and his attention suddenly diverted towards it, mentally smacking himself in the face when he did so. Instantly, he looked away and gulped.

“I can’t tell you” Soa murmured softly “I’m sorry”

 

The way his shoulders fell was almost as if he was getting rejected during a confession, and for a minute pain flashed through his face before he grabbed onto her hand, tugging her along the street with him. Soa stumbled slightly and kept up with his face, this time a frown dipping down her eyebrows.


“W-Where are you taking me?” she asked.

 

“Home” He stated icily.

 

“But-“ he silenced her with a scowl. The girl knew he was pissed by the fact that she wouldn’t relay her secrets to him. He was probably feeling that he wasn’t good enough, that he wasn’t the best person for her to trust. But Soa’s mind was reeling, inside she felt like she could trust him. If it had been about anything else she might even have told him. But since there was Hani involved, she couldn’t risk it no matter how much she tried to kid herself that he would understand. For god’s sake, they had been friends for more time than you have known him! Soa shouted through her brain, how the hell are you supposed to compete with that?

 

She had been too busy battling with her own thoughts and pent up emotions that she didn’t even realize they had reached her flat until Hoseok released his grasp on her, causing her to lose her footing and stumble. When she turned to meet his eyes, he avoided eye contact and watched the floor like it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

 

“Go.” Was the only thing he said, not bothering to look at her as he did so.

 

Soa gulped, took another step towards her door, then suddenly pivoted around and grasped onto his tshirt sleeve.

 

Hoseok blinked in surprise and looked down to see her fingers curled over the material of his clothing like a kitten would grasp its cotton ball, like she was afraid of letting go.


“H-Hoseok…”

Wow. It was the first time that she addressed him by his name. The way the syllables rolled off her tongue spread tingles of warmth across his belly. He liked the sound of it, he liked hearing her say it like chocolate and cherries mixed together.

 

  Soa’s eyes were flitting around everywhere like moths, looking at everything and anything but him. “I-I..Uh.. Y-You know..”

 

“Y-You-You know Itrustyouthemost” blabbered and the boy blinked again as he tried to comprehend what she had just said.

 

“I know- what?...oh.” It dawned upon him when he took some time into processing the words, a small smirk dancing upon his lips while he leaned closer, cupping her chin with a hand and forcing her to look into his eyes.

 

“Why can’t you tell me then?” He whispered. The aromatic smell of his natural odor washed over Soa like waves crashing onto a pure, white beach and she feared that if he leaned in any closer, her brain might stop functioning altogether. She needed to keep a grip on her sanity, and he wasn’t making it any easier for her either.

 

“…I just can’t, okay?” he heard the pleading tone coursing through her voice, and with a sigh nodded once.

 

“I trust you too” he murmured, gently pushing back a strand of stray hair her forehead. Then, surprising the girl, he leaned over and dropped a chaste kiss onto her forehead only to lean away a second later. Soa had to blink twice, her cheeks springing up into a rosy sheen once she realized what he had done. Hoseok found it adorable how she seemed to freeze and buffer at every movement, and kept the chuckle masked behind his cough.

“Go” he made a ‘shooing’ motion towards her door, and Soa, still under shock, turned mechanically before squeaking out loud when he dipped down next to her ear and grazed the small patch of skin of her earlobe tenderly with his lips while murmuring “’Night”

 

He was gone like the wind.

 

She clutched at her chest with her hand, pressing her fingers against her heart and hearing for the first time something snapping inside of her. Her heart was racing, her body on fire where he had touched and kissed her, her breaths coming in at short intervals as she tried not to hyperventilate. The tingles from his touch were till present, dancing their way down her body into small goosebumps as Soa shook her head, trying to shake off the feelings while nagging at her sanity to return.

 

Hani loved him, how dare you let him kiss you like that, she screamed at herself and raked her hand through her brown locks.

 

She was going crazy, all because of him.

 

What was Hoseok to her, in reality?

Sure, they were friends.

But friends don’t kiss each other.

Friends don’t intertwine their fingers together while walking.

Friends don’t touch each other intimately the way he always did.

 

Friends didn’t leave romantic kisses over each other’s faces like they were lost lovers out at sea.

 

A heartstring inside of her lurched at the thought of it.

Was she…

Was she starting to like Hoseok?

 

 


 

 

The Bangtan boys dropped dead onto the floor after a long hour of dancing. They watched the rays of sunlight peak out amidst the darkness as they huddled all together, sprawled out on the wooden floor. They had been up since 4 o’clock in the morning, and every one of them would’ve lied if they said that they weren’t dead tired. Jungkook heaved a huge sigh as he leaned on Hoseok’s shoulder, who pushed him away tiredly.

 

“You smell Kookie” the older boy chuckled at the maknae who only pouted in defeat. “But I’m tired”

 

“Someone tell me why we’re doing this” Jin looked up at the ceiling as he wiped some sweat of his face, causing his bangs to slick to the side and stick to his forehead like glue.


“Because of the prize giving ceremony” Jimin exhaled, nudging Suga at his side “Hyung, you’re the one who agreed to this”

 

“If we hadn’t said yes, then we’d be forced to watch some other noobs perform. Would you like that, Jimin-ah?” Suga replied with sarcasm.

 

Namjoon meanwhile, was busy gulping down water like he hadn’t drank in years and was suddenly discovering the crystal-transparent liquid, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand “Damn, we should’ve chosen a simpler choreo”

 

V turned to the said boy, nudging his foot with a creepy smile “It’s all your fault, hyung”

 

“You guys should thank me, I mean look at those hot bods” J-Hope grinned in satisfaction, making a sweeping gesture across himself with his arm “Don’t you wanna a piece of that fine damn thang?”

 

Jimin coughed “gross”

 

“Hey hyung” Jungkook suddenly turned over onto his stomach “How’s Soa?”

 

The boy’s face froze – literally- at the mention of those 2 syllables rolling off the maknae’s mouth. Like rain falling from the sky, it only took a moment for the vivid occurring of last night to flash before his eyes. How was she? He asked himself. He had no idea. Since she hadn’t told him exactly what was going on through her mind, he was still confused as she didn’t provide any reason for her avoidance. Although he was glad that at least she trusted him enough, she was still hesitant into delivering all her emotions, feelings and thoughts, and Hoseok understood that. They weren’t the best of friends. Heck, they were frienemies to begin with, and with everything he had done to her, it wasn’t a surprise if Soa was so reluctance to see on the brighter side of things.

Which was why he was working on becoming someone better, someone she could count on.

 

Because ever since he learned about her coma, he worried about her.

He was actually worried.

About Soa.

 

“How should I know?” he replied in his usually aloof attitude, but BTS could see that his thoughts were working tremendously behind that façade.

They exchanged looks amongst themselves, and Jin had the courage to say “She’s been avoiding us lately. Wonder why”

 

“Where does she go during lunch if she’s not in the cafeteria though?” Namjoon leaned back onto his arms and contemplated in thought. Jimin and Jungkook stole glances, before the older boy cleared his throat and murmured something.

“She’s with us”

 

“EH?!” All heads snapped in his direction, and Jimin scratched his head sheepishly, a shy but guilty smile on his face “She’s been spending more and more time with us in the practice room”

 

“She’s actually a pretty decent dancer herself, ”Jungkook blurted out before Jimin could give him any warning. Instead, he watched in silent horror as Hoseok’s eyes darkened while the said boy turned away to play with his laces. V noticed that his older friend was troubled about something, as Hoseok’s action didn’t go unnoticed by him, and made a mental note to ask him about it later. He was sure it concerned Soa, and that jealousy was slowly bubbling at the pit of his stomach.

 

“She dances?” Suga echoed. Jimin grinned slightly “A bit unbelievable, right?”

“Man, Imagine her dancing to Red by Hyuna” Namjoon’s face broke into a sly grin, followed by a chuckle when the boys all groaned and started throwing annoyed statements in his direction.

 

“Argh hyung, don’t put that image in my head, god” Jungkook’s hand covered his face in embarrassment.
Even Hoseok’s ears had turned red at the thought of it, and Jimin couldn’t help but laugh at the reaction, touching the former’s ear gently “Yah hyung! You’re blushing or something?!”

 

“W-What? I don’t blush” J-hope protested, eyes downcast as his ears reddened all the more. The heat was slowly creeping up his neck onto his face.

 

Jin’s lips twitched into a smirk, slinging an arm Hoseok “Ey, don’t deny it. You like her, right?”

 

“B-Bull!” J-Hope protested with a bit too much vigor. The group burst out laughing and kept teasing him. Then, they dispersed and made their ways to the washrooms where they would clean themselves up before school.

While doing so, Hoseok’s thoughts diverted to the girl that had been nagging his mind to no end.

 

 It occurred to the latter that he had never really looked at Soa in that particular light before. His actions always reflected his thoughts, and what he did for her was just a way of making it up to her, and not as a sign of affection. But now that they mentioned it, Hoseok was starting to question his own feelings. Could it be that he was seeing her another way? A way where he would be able to protect her from harm without having a reason to? What about Hani? The girl had been his first love ever since middle school, and he was sure to say that they were long far-gone, even with all her assaults and her clingy approaches these past few weeks.  It had no effect on Hoseok. He always kept busy thinking about what Soa was doing, and where she was. It annoyed him at first, to hear that she had been spending her time with Jimin and Jungkook.

 

But then just thinking of her dancing so ily caused him to bite his lip.

What the Jung Hoseok. Get a ing grip! He pep-talked his mind, in vain.

 

He felt the pressure between his legs, and groaned out loud when no one was present in the washroom. Being a man was something he thoroughly disliked when he got into problems such as this one, for instance.

 

If she could cause him so much frustration, there must be something, right?

 

 

As students started filing in, he walked to his locker and deposited his things before making his way unconsciously to Soa’s locker. It didn’t dawn on him that he had actually taken this route and was leaning against her locker like it was the most natural thing in the world until he saw her approaching. Her usually fresh face morphed into a soft frown upon noticing his tall figure against the metal texture.

 

“What are you doing here?” Her question came out a bit too stingy to his liking, but if he was affected, there was no sign of it.

 

He was still trying to figure out what was going on with him. A small tug onto his lover abdomen felt like a spark scorching through his body when his eyes met hers, and he swore if he hadn’t taken latched onto his last edge of sanity, he might’ve gotten lost into her sea of maroon swirls.

Unconsciously, his fingers lodged into his pockets curled into soft fists.

 

“H-Hoseok? I asked you a question” She tried gaining his attention by waving her hand across his face. No such luck, the boy kept staring at her like he was seeing her for the first time.

She kept moving her arm back and forth before the boy suddenly pinned it by her side, his eyes boring into hers in such an intimate way, like he was undressing her with his eyes and caressing her soul. She couldn’t resist the urge to squirm in his grasp.

 

“Yah Hoseok- “
 “HOBI OPPA!” At the sound of Hani’s voice, they both turned and Soa took this chance to extricate herself from his iron grip, not failing to notice the small narrow eyed glare shot by the other girl as she made her way up to the boy with a pretty smile on her full lips.

 

 

“Hani” Hoseok wasn’t pleased to see her. His attention was about to be caught once again by the other girl when Hani grasped onto his arm and pulled him away.

 

“Oppa, I need to talk to you” She singsonged while sending Soa a ‘you can go now’ look. She didn’t look pleased from what the latter perceived, and Soa sighed upon wondering why her heart felt so heavy all of a sudden.

 

“But Soa-“ J-Hope wanted to turn around and grab Soa’s attention, but he was only given the view of her backside as she turned to make her way to class.

Alone.

He didn’t like that.

Didn’t like it one bit.

 

“But-“ he started.


“-Oppa” Hani cut him off “She’s not going to die alone you know?”

 

He looked at her for a moment, hesitant “yeah.”

 


 

Hello hello dearies~ <3 

It's been long since I've updated hehee i apologise *bows*. BUT! On another good note, I only have an ART exam left so boooyah! More freetime! ~ YEHET! <3 heheeh. /facepalm/ 

Soooo, this chappie...ermmm I'm not really satisfied with the writing style or maybe it's just coz it's been a while since I've written things down... >< Life's been hectic haaa! Being a student is so hard, but oh well :) I CANT WAIT TO GO TO UNI HELL YEAH ~ /uses Hoseok's y 'yeah' voice/. 

 

HOW WAS THIS CHAPPIE? HOW DID YOU FIND IT?:D 

Were you expecting that forehead kiss from Hobi? Were you?! I bet you weren't! kekeekeke ~

And what do you think about Hani? 

What do you think's gonna happen next?:ODo you think Hobi may fall in love with Hani once again? Or fall in love with Soa? ;) 

Comment your thoughts down below peeps! :) <3 Once again, thanks for all the beautiful commens, I love you all :) <3 

 

PS: I really hope our boys get some rest. Their schedule has been as hectic as hell :S I want to see Hobi's beautiful gummy smile, so please take care of yourself, as well as all of BTS :) <3