Care

Drawing the Line

 

How can such a perfect human being exist? Just look, look at his smile. It makes me so happy. 

 


It was weird to see her table so full with individuals. Usually, there’d only be her and Hoseok face to face. But now, the noise emitted from everyone merged in a cacophony of melodies caused a smile to spring onto her face. It felt good to see her flat so full of people, full of life. She had to admit that she had good friends, a bunch of them that really cared about her well-being and would be there for her no matter what. Looking around at the joyful and excited faces, Soa felt her heart rise in happiness.

 

It was overwhelming and yes she felt like drowning into that feeling.

But it was a good feeling nonetheless.

 

She absentmindedly pushed her food around her plate as they kept talking about school matters. The clink of cutlery was somehow soothing to her ears; it made her feel like there were people at home, that it was whole.

 

“Yeah so there’s this festival next week, that Cheongdamdeong School is preparing” Chohee said as she took a bite of her pizza. Her eyes were wide with excitement as she looked around the table and pointedly ignored Hani’s presence.

“Next week?” Namjoon cocked his head for a second, frowning “I don’t think we have anything next week. We’ll probably come”

 

“Yes! Assa!” She then turned to Soa with sparkling eyes, “You’re coming too, right Soa?!”

 

Soa said nothing, her gaze still focused on her plate when Hani nudged her softly with her elbow, bringing her back to reality as the girl looked up and caught Chohee’s gaze in surprise, “H-Huh? What did you say?”

 

Chohee rolled her eyes, “Why am I not surprised that you’re not listening to me?”

 

Jungkook then summarized all the things she had missed and the girl just blinked in response, looking back at Chohee with a hesitant nod of her head, “Yeah, I’ll probably come”

 

Throughout the whole lunch, Soa noticed how Hani seemed to be left out of the group and her heart unconsciously squeezed in pain. If she had been in Hani’s place, then she would’ve really felt bad for herself. Hani seemed even more fragile and small now that she didn’t sport so much makeup. To think of it, the girl had come with only a large tshirt and shorts that only nun would bother wearing. Her hair was tied up in a messy ponytail – like she hadn’t even brushed it in the morning- and her face was bare, literally.

It was a change, but was quite refreshing in itself.

 

Soa decided there and then that she really preferred this side of Hani.

 

They decided to sit down and watch a movie after they had cleaned up the table, but then Hani got up and said that she had to return home early, and that she had to excuse herself while thanking them for the food. Soa had nodded and tried to give her a small smile but Chohee did nothing to say that she had heard her, even though Jungkook had whispered it in her ear numerous times. Namjoon watched the girl’s figure go with furrowed eyebrows. Something seemed off about her, and it was definitely something he was going to find out.

While biding a final goodbye to the group, he grabbed his jacket and dashed towards the exit, catching sight of the said girl walking by herself on the pavement.  

 

“Hani!” He called out, breathless from the run, “Wait!”

 

Upon hearing her name, the latter turned with wide eyes as she stared at Namjoon catching up to her before leaning his hands onto his knees as he gasped for breath. He then looked up at her confused gaze and softened slightly, “Why are you leaving so early?”

 

“To tell you the truth Namjoon…” She looked away, playing with her fingers so that the tears would not cloud over her vision. She had promised herself to be a good girl and not to cry, she thought fiercely, “I felt really uncomfortable with them”

 

“Wae?” His frown deepened even more.

 

“T-They don’t-“ She took a deep breath, soft soprano wobbling in the wind, “They don’t want me there”

 

He saw her broken countenance more than anyone else, and somehow, his heartstrings ached for her. She seemed so small in that big t-shirt of hers, since when had she become so thin? And her face looked like the life had been out of her. Standing there in front of her, he didn’t believe just how much she had lost weight, especially when his eyes flew down to her thighs and noticed that they looked unhealthy, like really unhealthy just like two branches sticking out underneath her.

 

“Are you sick, Hani?” He asked abruptly without thinking twice about it.

 

He watched her breath halt in , her gulps when she took in this information and instantly it clicked inside his mind that something was wrong about her. He may not be an expert in science, but Namjoon identified the symptoms as clear as his eyes, something was wrong and if she didn’t do anything about it, it might get worse. Without any hesitation, the boy grabbed swiftly onto her arm before turning and suddenly pulling her into a piggyback. She was as light as a feather, not even enough to make a grunt fall from his mouth. The worry washing over his mind increased as he told her without looking back, “We’re going to see the doctor”

 

“No!” Hani’s eyes became as wide as saucers, “No Namjoon! I’m not sick! I-I can explain!”

 

“What?” his voice was just a mere growl. So low and dark it caused shivers to rise upon her arms.

 

“I’m just anemic” her soft words flew by his ear.

“Have you been taking your medicine?” was what he shot back.

 

She bit her lip and lowered her eyes to his broad shoulders. To think of it, Namjoon’s back always made her feel safe, like she was a really small child that was carried by her parent. Placing her cheek onto his shoulder timidly, she felt more than heard the soft intake of breath from the boy’s side, then whispered a soft “No”, afraid that he’d just burst out in annoyance and shout at her for being so inconsiderate, just like Hoseok would, she thought with a pang, tears springing at the back of her eyes with the memory.

 

“Let’s get you back home”

Without further ado, the boy started to walk home without saying anything else, and Hani peered over at him from his shoulder, still not over the fact that he hadn’t said anything apart from what he did. What had happened to all the violence? She thought to herself in shock. Her hands unconsciously tightened onto his shoulder blades when she asked, “A-Aren’t you angry?”

 

“Yes. Yes I am”

 

His answer was what made her blood drop.

But then, shocking her, his head turned and they met eyes briefly, his murmur a soft caress upon her cheek, “But your health is more important than my feelings right now’

 


 

 

That night, Soa had been busily catching up on the homework that she had forgotten about until last minute when she’d open up her diary to realize that numerous deadlines were due this week to come. With a resolution to finish all of them tonight itself, the girl hadn’t even bothered herself with dinner and it wasn’t until a plate of samyeopsal was placed next to her desk that her nostrils started twitching, her glands watering at the thought of it.

 

Hoseok sighed and raked a hand through his hair as he stood behind her, “Eat, Soa. Take a break”

 

“Maybe later” was her reply when she directed her attention back towards her homework.

 

He rolled his eyes and poked her arm, more decisive than ever, “Eat”

 

“I have work Hoseok. Leave me alone” she shot back, biting her tongue when she realized that they came out more harshly than she had intended them to.

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes before turning away, muttering under his breath about the unfairness of her mood swings, but he let it slide just this once because flashbacks of yesterday flickered before his eyelids. He preferred it way better when Soa was shouting back at him and protesting like she would usually do than seeing her become this muppet without any life or energy left in her. With resignation, the boy trudged back to the couch and made himself comfortable while flicking on the channels. No matter how much he tried distracting himself with entertainment, his worry was lingering at the corner of his mind as time ticked by.

 

The girl barely moved from her place, working like a sweating buffalo and practically eating out her homework with her own bare hands. It was crazy how when Soa wanted something, she’d do it no matter how much she had to cut herself off from everything. Unwillingly, Hoseok’s face broke into a gentle smile; she was impossible, how the hell was he ever going to get her to learn? But then a fond chuckle rose through his voice box.

 

Ten o’clock.

 

Eleven o’clock.

 

Midnight.

 

He broke out of his light doze, looking up to realize that it was already way past twelve. Groaning slightly and stretching his long frame onto the couch, his head turned to catch sight of Soa’s slumped back on the table, her face pressed against her worksheets and copybooks while her hair fanned out over her work and covered her face.

 

That idiot, he thought to himself as he got up from the couch and walked towards her, grabbing hold of the now-cold food and placing it in the fridge before going back to her and leaning down, examining how her face was scrunched up in concentration even when she was sleeping. It was cute how her hair was a mess and she didn’t mind it. Brushing aside her side fringe, Hoseok noticed that maybe she should start pinning it up because granted it wasn’t doing anything to help her vision. On the contrary, she might need glasses if this continued.

 

She’ll hurt her back if she sleeps like this, a thought echoed at the back of his head. Without any hesitation, the boy slipped his hands underneath her knees and over her back, lifting her up easily in his arms and carrying her towards her bed. Placing her head down gingerly on the pillows, he made sure to brush away the hair covering her face and when her eyes suddenly opened on their own accord.

 

They were sleepy, blinking as she tried to make sense of her surroundings. Hoseok’s body froze, but then he whispered in a soft, cajoling tone, “Go back to sleep”

 

“But my work-“ she frowned and tried getting up, when the boy only pushed her back down while shooting her a glare. “You’re tired. You’ll finish it tomorrow”

 

“No, I’ve got to-“ within a blink of an eye, Hoseok had grasped onto her waist as he slipped inside her bed covers, pinning her down next to him before burrowing his face into the crook of her neck, inhaling softly when the girl tried making sense of this turn of events.

Then, realizing what he had done, she squirmed in his hold, “Yah! You jerk, let me go-“

 

He pecked her lips in response. Even in the dark, her eyes widened and flitted from his eyes back to his lips, wondering exactly where had this assault come from.

 

“Go to sleep” he then grunted in her ear, sending electrical sparks down her spine and through her fingers, making them tingle with desire. Her legs attempted to kick at him but he restrained her with his own, wrapping around her thighs and locking them into place so that they twisted and coiled together, enabling no escape.

 

A gasp left Soa’s lips, his skin against her skin was making her body warm all over, and she felt hot and bothered in his embrace. When her arms reached up to push him away, only a whimper escaped her when the boy pressed a soft kiss to her neck, tongue darting out to the area gently when a soft moan rose a the back of .

 

He reached towards her ear and dragged his teeth along her shell, “Sleep”. His voice was merely a husky growl, dropping a few octaves lower to send chills vibrating through her muscles.

Did she really have a choice? With a resigned sigh, Soa let her head plop back onto her pillow and narrowed her eyes into a glare a the boy next to her, hoping that it would be enough to send him running. Not surprisingly, J-Hope only tightened his grip and cuddled closer to her warmth, practically enclosing her in his essence, drowning her in his scent. She couldn’t say that she hated it though, because instead of pulling away she turned her face towards him so that their bodies fitted into each other, like pieces of broken puzzle.

 

Soa closed her eyes and tried to sleep, she really did. But Hoseok’s closeness wasn’t doing anything to calm her down, because her heart was going off-beat and trying to render her crazy with it’s hard pattering through her chest, she was surprised that he hadn’t taken notice of it yet. Everywhere their skin touched felt like another jolt over her nerves, making her head spin deliciously. Thank god she was lying down, for if she had been standing up she wasn’t sure she’d be able to control herself from falling. Their thighs were rubbing against each other, skin to skin, warmth against warmth…oh god, stop thinking! She scolded herself harshly as she squeezed her eyes shut, forehead wrinkling with sudden panic.

 

Hoseok suddenly shifted closer, his breath hitting her nape and washing her head clear of thoughts, “Stop stressing and sleep”

 

Biting her lip in response, Soa replied with a small voice, “You’re supposed to sleep on the couch”

 

The boy blinked, “Shireo.”

 

“And I was supposed to work” she concluded, raising a finger absentmindedly and starting to trace the contour of his nose. He had such a pointy cute nose, she thought to herself, poking it gently.

 

Hoseok caressed the small of her back, “You’re supposed to sleep right now”

 

“But I can’t sleep if you-“ She caught herself just before the words were about to fall out of , clamping it shut before taking a peek at his expression in the dim light given off by the moon. He was even more handsome when his hair was tousled, it was impossible to say no to him anyway.

 

Obviously, she didn’t fail to ignore his flash of teeth glinting in darkness, “What?” he whispered.

 

Soa dragged her eyes down, away from him and his intense staring that made butterflies erupt through her stomach. Before she knew it, her finger had slipped up to trace the outline of his ear. She felt more than heard Hoseok’s gasp resonate through his body, shuddering when a small growl of satisfaction tore through his throat.

“You’re so cute” the words blurted out of before she could stop them, and Hoseok sent her a warning glare, almost spitting out his comeback, “Don’t call me that”

 

She responded by rubbing his ear even more, gently teasing the skin between her fingertips.

He whined softly, “Soa, don’t”

 

“Why? I thought you liked it” her evil side sniggered but not for long when her boyfriend’s eyes flashed with darkness. Within a second, he had her hands pinned down on the mattress while he hovered over her, his body melting in between her legs before he shut up a rising protest with his mouth urgently kissing the life out of her.

 

It was a kiss full of teeth and tongue, Hoseok making love to every part of with his wet muscle as it gently coaxed her own out to battle, earning a soft mewl from the said girl. Her hands travelled to his hair, grasping onto the soft brown strands and digging her nails into his scalp. This caused him to snarl softly in the kiss, swiping his tongue one more time across her lower lip before restraining himself and leaning back with soft pants. He was scared to take it any further because granted he wasn’t really sure if he’d be able to stop once he started.

 

Pecking her one last time and loving the way she whined out his name like a caress, he then spooned her body so that their bodies were just a tangle of limbs and skin, nuzzling his face into her neck. “G’night”

 

Soa sighed, really? Just like that? How the hell was she really supposed to fall asleep when the boy had ignited every nerve that made her heart flutter with excitement? The rush of feelings weren’t diminishing any time soon and she just lay there, groaning softly while looking up at the ceiling.

 

Sometimes, she really hated how much Hoseok could have an effect on her.

 

 

 


 

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hoseok,” He could recognize his sister’s melodious soprano anywhere. It was a few days after Soa’s incident with her father, and the boy had just returned home after his morning classes when his phone started ringing. In any other circumstances, he would’ve really been glad to hear his sibling’s on the other end of the phone, but ever since she had helped him run off from his own house, he couldn’t help but be on his guard every time she would call him.

 

“Noona” he replied as he deposited his bag by the door, slipping his shoes off, “What’s up?”

 

“It’s Appa”

 

He raised a brow, “Appa? What about him?”          

 

He swore he heard her gulp from a mile away, “I-It’s…”

 

Then, she delivered the bombshell that he was well off without knowing.

 

She said with a shaky voice, trembling with panic, “He’s had a heart attack”


 

Hello my lovelies! :D <3 

How have you all been? Here's another update to brighten up your day, or night? xD I just want to say that i am extremely grateful for all the love and support that i've gotten for this story and it made me realise just how much i've reached...I mean we're already at 40 + chapters and the plot still has to be resolved because unsaid problems are lingering in the air :D <3 I hope you guys enjoy it as much as i love writing it,  i love you all~ YOU GUYS KNOW THAT RIGHT? HEHEHEH~ 

 

 

ANYWAY DID YOU GUYS SEE WHAT I DID NAMJOON AND HANI NAMNI HANJOON NAMHAN OMGGGGG SO MUCH LOVEEE THESE TWO! IT WAS JUST SOOOOOO TEMPTING TO SMASH THEIR HEADS TOGETHER WHEN THEY WERE LOOKING AT EACH OTHER LIKE THAT OMGGGGG <3 /slaps self/. Namjoon will be the death of me, I swear! 

 

AND MORE MORE MORE HOBISOA OMGGG HOBISOA IS BAE, HOBISOA IS LIFEUH <3 

What do you guys think of Hobi's reaction to his Appa? DUMDUMDUMDUMMMMMM I DROPPED THE NEXT BOMBSHELL !!!!

 

here's some additional J-Hope gifs for you :D