By your Side

Drawing the Line

 

 


“Drink.”

 

Namjoon pressed a cup of hot coffee into Hani’s hands and made sure that she was holding on to it with a stability she could manage before letting go. Draping a blanket across her body then sitting down next to her, he placed a comforting arm around her shoulder and kept silent, the only sounds present in the room being the revving of the air conditioner and the soft chirps of crickets in the darkness. He had preferred bringing her to his own flat instead of to his parent’s house, knowing that they’d probably overcrowd her with questions if she did appear on their doorstep with that sullen, beaten up expression on her face. The girl looked like someone had just run over her pet dog and it didn’t help matters that she was naturally quite sick by herself. He remembered her anemic iron pills that she should be taking to gain more strength and was about to get up and go fetch them before her hand shot out to grab his.

 

He turned back and was faced with her pleading gaze, “Don’t…Don’t go”

 

“I’m not, I’m just going to get your medicine” He replied simply, as if talking to a child.

Her grip tightened instead of loosening up in understanding, “I don’t need it right now. Please don’t leave me” her lower lip trembled at the last word and Namjoon wondered exactly how he was stuck in this particular situation. Sitting back down, he let her head rest on his shoulder while flicking on the TV, hoping in his mind that Hoseok was comforting Soa instead of screaming at her because of her disappearance. He had texted her right after he had found her and Namjoon was more than relieved that she was fine.

 

“I screwed up Namjoon” Hani whispered as she placed the untouched mug of coffee on the table before them.

 

He wasn’t about to protest against the truth. He nodded, “You did”

 

“It’s over, right?” she chuckled darkly, no positive sound in her voice, “She’ll never forgive me”

 

“It will take time,” he replied, “But I’m glad you pulled out of the plan and gained your reasoning back”

 

She looked up at him in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“We got the old Hani back, not the Hani that wants to impress everybody” Shifting his weight, he let his fingers poke her forehead lightly, “We got back the true Hani, the one that was busy hiding between all those secrets and lies”

 

Hani’s eyebrows furrowed into a frown, ‘you make it sound like it’s a bad thing”

“Who said it wasn’t?” he replied to which she threw a punch, and he laughed in response, “I’m kidding”

 

She sighed loudly, her eyes gazing up to the ceiling, “Namjoon~” She whined like a lost baby, “I don’t know what to do anymore!”

 

“Give it some time” He answered, “You’re not expecting her to jump in your arms, are you?”

 

“No but what happened just makes thing worse!” Hani felt like throwing a tantrum and that Namjon was the only thing keeping her from going insane.

 

“Well not gonna say it’s not your fault”

She scowled, “I thought you were on my side”

 

“Being on your side doesn’t mean I have to lie” He leaned back and crossed his hands across the back of his neck, looking up at the ceiling, “Anyway, it’s better that the cat’s out of the bag, isn’t it a relief for you?” He looked back at her, brown mocha orbs swirling with an unreadable expression that caused Hani to shiver despite the warmth of the cozy area.

 

She nodded slowly, contemplating on the thought, “I don’t know how I managed to keep this secret for so long”

 

“Yeah, we all know you and secrets makes two” He chuckled darkly before the girl slapped him with a pillow over his face. Groaning, the boy swatted it away, “And stop hitting me, woman”

 

“Why Namjoon, I thought you were supposed to be strong and firm” She teased back as she started poking his right forearm, “All I feel is just flabby skin and fat”

 

“You don’t want to go there” a low growl resounded at the back of his throat.

 

“You’re fat,” She pressed on, eyes gleaming with a teasing light shining through her pupils. extended into a smile and he was unsure as to whether it was a genuine one or she was just trying to cover up her hurt pride and feelings.

 

His hand shot out suddenly and grabbed her wrist, bringing her closer, “I dare you to say that again” His murmur wafted a breath of his scent over her face and it made Hani shiver unconsciously, he smelt nice; of manly perfume and deodorant, the expensive kind that made her swoon.

 

Hani had forgotten the familiarity of being so close to a guy. Ever since Hoseok had rejected her advances, she had stopped trying and the fact that Namjoon was now close to her, his body warmth giving off the heat that seemed so tempting and comfortable was something that made her want to jump to him and burrow herself in that soft cocoon of protection his strong arms could provide. It wasn’t until their gazes clashed that she noticed just how much his orbs spoke to her; how those brown swirls inside his pupils dilated and passed on secret emotions that she had never tried deciphering before. But now, seeing a flash of uncertainty pass through his eyes, Hani wasn’t sure whether she had imagined it or not.

 

All her life, she had thought that being by Namjoon’s side was just because she yearned for that brotherly affection, that aura he gave off. He always took care of her, always reprimanded her when she went off-track, and was the role model that one day she wished to become. Since when had he suddenly turned into a love interest? She felt like slapping herself for her shallowness at that oment, Hani get a grip! He’s just being nice to you! What is wrong with you?! Her brain was screaming at her to stop seeing him in that perpective, stop seeing the defined muscles in his arms, the Adam’s apple bobbing at his throat, his smooth, tanned skin her lips ached to kiss-

 

“Hani? Earth to Hani” Namjoon’s waving hand across her face jumped her back to the reality of the situation and without a single processed thought, the girl flew back at the extremity of the couch. She felt the familiarity of the soft texture at her back and it calmed her down somewhat contrary to Namjoon’s confused gaze.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

 

Sometimes, for someone so intelligent, Namjoon really could act like an idiot.

“I-nothing!” She replied a little too quickly for his liking but he just shrugged and brushed it off, not really thinking beyond her explanation. To him it didn’t really matter but her body language was a clear indication that she did not see him in the way he saw her, and Namjoon was determined to keep this relationship stable and not tear it down just because of his personal feelings. It was good enough that she was back to normal and those they were now friends of the sort. He felt that if he were to advance towards her in that way, she might back off and run away from him.

 

It’d taken so long for her to be back, no way was he going to let her go again, even if it cost him his unhappiness to see her love another man.

 

 

 


 

 

It took some time for Soa to accept the truth, which had shocked her core. Everything she had thought was true about her family was all just a lie, and now thinking back to the real Saerim, she couldn’t help but feel the loss of her sister.  Although it was still left unsaid between them, Soa was sure that somehow the accident caused Saerim’s death, and that in order to hide it from her, her parents had adopted another girl. Now that she thought about it, it made pretty much sense as to why the adopted Saerim had never really clicked with her own personality and how they were so awkward around each other. Soa felt like a cloth had been placed over her eyes all this time, and it was only now that she was discovering the harsh truth that was mocking her in her face.

 

Her lethargic character for the past few days did nothing to deter Hoseok’s approach, nor did it stop his attempts to make her smile and cuddle up to her whenever he deemed it fit. On the contrary, all his sweet gestures helped het get over this bad phase, helped her take in the information and deal with it in order to stop dwelling onto the past events that occurred already. Soa knew that the boy was her anchor and it scared her somewhat how much she was depending on him. What would she have done if Hoseok had never entered her life? Would she still have been the same Soa? Would she still be trying to put all pieces of her old life back? Having Hoseok was the light shining through the threads of darkness, pulling her out after him and making sure that once she did get out, there was no way she’d be able to slip back through the cracks.

They were now casually strolling down the Han River, the beautiful city lights illuminated like a thousand of scattered stars in the darkness. The wind felt good against her hot skin, smoothing out the tangles in her hair and letting clean air drive through to her thoughts. Smelling the scent of water lulling softly against the edge of the bank, Soa was more than happy to escape momentarily into this bliss, clearing her mind and forgetting who she was, all her worries, whatever was troubling her at this particular instant.

 

Hoseok’s grip squeezed her fingers gently and the girl looked up into his dark pupils hard to decipher in the dark, “what are you thinking about?”

 

“Nothing” she replied with genuine emotion, a sudden smile breaking her face into two when she realized that she had never been more happy to escape the real world for a minute, even if it was jut temporary.

Curling a strand of hair behind her ear, he answered, “good”

 

They kept walking in silence and she relished in how easy it was to walk with him and to be by his side. She never had had to do any effort to start conversation, or to keep it going for that matter. She always felt comfortable hanging out with his presence even when they never said a word to each other. He was someone that also didn’t waste time in talking nonsense, and she was grateful that he gave her time to breathe and think, to organize her thoughts and not pressure her too much about what was going on in her mind because granted hers was a big, troubled mess that she needed to unwind and untangle.

 

When they stopped to take a pause and admire the scenery beyond, she got a little bolder and crept up behind him, placing her chin onto the crook between his shoulder blade and his neck while keeping her gaze on the water, her cheeks turning hot when his head turned slightly to watch her at the corner of his peripheral. The girl wasn’t used to initiate such contact and swore to herself that this was definitely not normal of her.

 

When the boy still said nothing, she pressed her lips tightly together and attempted to brush off his stare with her insolence, “You want my picture or what?”

 

Hoseok’s lips danced with a soft smirk, “No, the real one’s good enough”

 

Her attempt to stop his gaze piercing through her skull was unsuccessful as she was the one that felt the back of her neck burn with embarrassment. She was glad that it was night, for it masked most of the red heat dusting her cheeks in pink freckles of peony.

 

Because she felt the humiliation, Soa tried moving away but was suddenly restrained when his arm went around her waist to bring her closer to his frame, pressing her body to his while his lips found their rightful place at her forehead.

 

Hoseok chuckled, “you really are socially awkward”

“Shut up!” She threw him a scalding glare, “I’m trying okay? It’s not that easy!”

“Oh yeah I can see that” He sniggered, playing with the ends of her hair, “Did I say that you’re adorable?”

 

“Don’t use that word, it’s disgusting” her nose scrunched up in distaste.

“But you are”

“I am not”

 

Her body jumped on it’s own accord when he leaned in to peck her lips, Hoseok flashing her a teasing smile at the reaction, “see? Adorable”

 

She squirmed uncomfortably in his hold and tried pulling away in vain, the boy holding her more firmly and nuzzling her cheek with his nose.

Soa mewled slightly at the ticklish sensation, “Yah”

 

Another silence settled upon their shoulders before a thought popped up into Soa’s mind. While Hoseok was breathing into her hair to take in her scent, the girl’s brown orbs blinked at the scenery and drew in the landscape as she murmured a soft “You’ve changed a lot, Hoseok”

 

“Hm?”

“You have changed” Soa turned to him, “A lot”

A frown slowly pushed his eyebrows together, “I did?”

 

She nodded slightly, “you weren’t so cuddly before”

“T-That’s-” This time, she felt like laughing when his cheeks turned a shade of pink. Even in the dark limelights cast upon their figures, it was as clear as crystal water that Hoseok’s face was burning like she had never seen before.

He choked on his own spit as he struggled to finish his sentence, “T-That’s a lie”

 

“Oh please Hoseok, stop acting so innocent” She sniggered, “You and I both know how much of a you were before”

 

He huffed, “Yeah I was a . But that didn’t mean I didn’t like cuddling”

 

“So you did cuddle?” Soa’s brow rose in slight curiosity. Who the hell did he cuddle with then?

 

“I-I-“ gulping down the saliva that had accumulated so quickly in his throat, his hand reached up to ruffle his hair in frustration, it was clear that he was more than uncomfortable in talking about it. He looked away when his cheeks puffed slightly, “I never c-cuddled before”

 

Her eyes widened, “What?”

 

“It’s not like you have ever cuddled!” He protested in a very childish manner. But then paused and looked at her like she had committed a crime, “Or did you?”

 

“No, but I’m a girl it’s different”

“In what way is it different?”

“Well you’re a guy, and you’re more experienced than me in that”

“How would you even know that?”


Soa bit her lip, looking away from his hardened mocha orbs, “W-Well you’re a pretty good k-kisser”

 

He took some time into believing her words but when it finally clicked nothing could have stopped the huge grin spreading across his face and alighting his features with a glow that could’ve blinded a star. Suddenly tightening his hold on her middle, he jerked her over to him while his forehead landed on hers, forcing her to look at him and cupping her chin decisively when she tried moving away in humiliation.

“Yah! Let go!” she struggled in vain in his embrace as there was no way Hoseok was going to let go so soon. In any case, his grin only widened before he shut her protests with a soft, loving kiss.

 

The girl instantly melted against his body and became as pliant as an appeased kitten. A soft breathy whine let her lips when he pulled away and this caused the boy to chuckle huskily, sending electrical shivers up and down her body in desire.

 

“Thank you,” She whispered when gazing into his eyes; full of love, full of a tenderness that was directed to her. She was pretty sure her eyes held the same loving gaze he was giving her.

“Thank you” she repeated more firmly this time, face flaming with heat when he still said nothing but instead staring at her like she was the center of his orbit, the center of his world, the stars to his sky. Soa couldn’t wait for his response before leaning up on her tiptoes and pressing a chaste kiss over his lower lip, pulling back almost instantly and hiding her face in his chest so that he couldn’t catch sight of the blushing mess she had become.

 

But he wasn’t having any of that. He pulled her more firmly, one of his hands tangling through her hair to pull her head back so that he was gazing into her eyes full of naïve fear and his face dipping down to capture her lips fully.

Soa’s breath left her as soon as his lips molded with hers and slowly kissed back, their mouths moving in sync as they searched each other’s warmth. Hoseok’s teeth nibbled softly on her lower lip and the effect had her softly at the back of . Her hands impulsively went up to his hair and pulled onto the short black strands, causing a contented grunt to rumble through his chest.

 

She wasn’t aware that they were moving until her back hit the bark of a random tree, gasping when he took this chance to part her lips and slip his tongue into . His wet muscle explored every nook and cranny before finding her own and starting a slow fight. Meanwhile, his hand went down to her thigh before hitching it upwards to curl it around his body so that he could press himself more firmly against her body, causing the girl to release another whimper and pull his head down. Their mouths pressed harshly onto each other, tongues clashing in a heated dance of war as they wrapped and coiled like vines while one of Soa’s hand moving from his hair down to his jaw, caressing the soft skin there and making a growl erupt from the back of his throat.

 

When they parted for air, he took this chance to slide up to her ear and start nibbling on the now red flesh, teasing her like she would . Soa did not try to hold back her gasp and everything came crashing back when she realized that they were in public and although the park was pretty empty, anyone coming out from the other side of the road could spot them. Granted she’d probably be as disgusted as the passerby picturing two young adults feeling each other up and with the remaining force she had left, pushed him away although the force she emitted was not even a force but just a very light feeble push.

Hoseok pulled away then, probably in line with her thoughts for he tangled his fingers with hers and tugged her by his side, whispering a soft “Let’s go home”

 

God knew what he was really thinking because Soa definitely was not done kissing those sweet lips of his.

 

 

 


 

 

“Do you know what that means?!” Saerim screeched as her hand impulsively grabbed a hold of her coffee mug before throwing it against the wall in aggravation. Jongin was on the other side, pressed against the kitchen counter and watching her reaction with a bored gaze, almost like he had been expecting it from the start.

She huffed slightly and turned her dark eyes onto his own, her orbs blazing with fury and her lips upturned into a scowl, “How the hell am I supposed to ruin her now?!”

 

“How should I have known about Soa not liking me? I thought she genuinely did” He replied with reasoning.

Saerim’s eyes rolled to the ceiling and preferred staying there for fear that if she did look back at Kai, she might just lose control and kill him instead, “It’s not my fault you don’t know about seducing women”

 

“It’s not like you could’ve seduced Hoseok either” Jongin argued with a dark gaze, “He would never have cheated”

 

“How can you be so sure?” Saerim snapped back, “I’m far prettier, much smarter and more popular than Soa. Of course he’d cheat on her for me”

 

“You’re ing crazy” was his only reply before he pushed himself off the counter and directed himself out of the door. He ignored Saerim’s protests and gladly slammed the door in her face, hearing her screech and practically feeling the whole in his skull where she was gazing at him through the window with a murdering look in her eyes. But he didn’t care less, wouldn’t care less.

This wasn’t what he had signed up for.

This was definitely not what he wanted.

What he wanted was for her to be happy again.

 

And yet, she had turned into a psychotic .


 

like it? Hate it? PLease leave a comment down below! :D <3 

The fic is almost coming to an end.... NOOOOOO :((( 

Andddd here's more NamNi and HobiSoa hehehehehehheeh<3 SPOILER: THE CHAPTER COMING NEXT IS FULL OF .....U KNOW...WAIT FOR IT.......FLUFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so please stay tuned! Thanks for reading and I love you guyssss! MUAH! <3

 

P.S: I now have a Tumblr account where I'll also be writing and taking in oneshot/reaction requests for Bangtan Boys so if you guys could check it out and follow me? :) <3 and OMG CONGRATZ TO BTS ON THEIR 5TH WINN OMGG GOOD JOB ARMYZ! <3