The Search

Drawing the Line

 

 

 


 

“Where’s Soa?” 

 

“She didn’t tell you either?” Chohee let out a quiet sigh, ruffling her hair, “I haven’t seen her since morning, and I’m betting she didn’t come to school” 

 

Jungkook let a frown grace his features, “She usually tells you right?” 

 

The girl nodded let him lace his arm around her middle, “Yesterday Hoseok told me he brought her to the hospital to meet his father. But he hasn’t texted me, and it’s already lunchtime” Jungkook continued. 

 

 Their worried thoughts were suddenly interrupted when a shriek erupted through the hallway, gaining the attention of many when the sound of one’s body was heard slamming into a locker. Not really interested in the pranks or huge discussions of the school, Chohee was about to roll her eyes and turn away when Jungkook made a grab for her arm, twisting her back round with his jaw wide open. She frowned and asked him, “What?” 

 

But when looking at the direction of his gaze, her jaw went slack as well. 


“Let me go!” Hani was struggling against Soa’s grip as the latter pushed her forcefully against the metal texture, her face carved out of stone. Hani tried struggling in vain, hair sticking to her forehead with sweat, but it either looked like Soa had drunk an energy drink in order to hold her in place so firmly like that, or that she was so pissed she couldn’t care less about the force she was exerting. 

 

“You knew, right?” She hissed, eyes narrowed into threatening slits while she leaned forward with a glare, “You knew about Saerim not being my real sister. You were implicated in it all along, and yet you try to be my friend?!” 

She didn’t look like Soa at this moment, she looked like a monster and Hani didn’t blame her for snapping when she found out. She just wished that she had found out a little bit later than sooner. She tried not to tremble and let her eyes slide to the ground in shame. She was well aware that this moment would have happened whether she liked it or not, but the reality of it all struck her in the face; how could she have been stupid enough to help Saerim and get dragged into her stupid, dumb plans? She was sorry, sorrier than she had ever been in her life, and yet she guessed that Soa had had enough of her right now, that if Soa had disliked her before, well she was pretty much into the hate category as from now. 

 

She should have told her herself, before it was too late. 

Ha, guess fate didn’t wait for her to make a move; she was now trapped within the truth, the walls of honesty closing in on her and once again causing her eyes to well up with tears. 

 

“I-“ the emotions clogged up , not enabling her from speaking properly, “I-I’m sorry” 


“A bit too late, don’t you think?” the angry girl answered back with venom laced in her voice, finally releasing her strong hold. Hani fell to the ground in shame and looked at Soa with a begging expression on her face. But the other girl wasn’t having any of that as she folded her hands into tight fists at her side. Her eyes, dark and serious, were ablaze with a fire that no one had ever seen before. It was surprising and all the more scary at the same time. Chohee and Jungkook grabbed a hold of each of Soa’s arms in order not to do any more damage, gazes flitting from one individual to another. 


“Soa, what happened? Why are you being like this?” Chohee tried to reason. Yet, when Soa’s maroon orbs flashed at her with repressed anger, the bold Chohee only looked away and gulped like a scared animal trapped by a hunter. 

 

“I can’t believe you’re trying to be friends, to make it up to me, whatever you call it” she spat, “When in truth, you’re just another freaking liar!” 

 

“Soa, I-“ 

 

“You dare protect yourself in that situation?!” 

“No Soa, it wasn’t like that-“ 

 

“I’m so done.” With that, she shrugged both Jungkook and Chohee’s arms away from her small frame and stomped down the hall, students giving her wide-eyed agonized look as she did because of her non-uniform attire and especially the expression of wholehearted rage and fury present on her face. One would have thought a bull was charging down the corridor, and Jungkook blinked in confusion before turning to Hani. 

 

“You have a lot of explaining to do.” 

 

 


 

 

Seven hours. 

Seven freaking hours and they still hadn’t found her. 

 

After the argument between the two girls at school, news had travelled quite fast amongst the student body while Chohee and Hani decided to sacrifice their classes in order to look for the missing, enraged girl. During that time which Hani took in order to explain to them what really happened. Chohee, still not having forgiven her for her past actions, gave her an earful of her own piece of mind before they realized that Soa was indeed, nowhere near the school. Frantically, Jungkook called Hoseok in urgency in hopes that he would reply while Hani took this opportunity to phone Namjoon about the said girl, begging him to ask around if he had seen her and even describing her clothes and her hair that day. 

 

 

“What do you mean she’s gone missing?” was the only thing that J-Hope could stutter out of his mouth after a stagnant pause between him and the maknae’s line.

The younger boy shifted from one foot to another with anxiety filling his veins. He was pretty sure Hoseok’s temper would be hitting the roof once he elaborates and he didn’t blame him for that, “She-She had a row with Hani and just stormed out of the school. We don’t-“ he gulped and awaited the worst, “We don’t know where she is” 

 

A pause. Jungkook was pretty sure that in about three seconds his older friend would- “You are ing kidding” 

 

The younger boy said nothing, awaiting the storm to crash at the other end of the line. Hoseok was breathing hard, tone rough and coarse, “She’s not in the school?” 

 

“No.” 

 

“Are you ing sure?” 

 

“Well, we don’t-“ 

 

“Are you ing sure, Jungkook?!” He snapped. 

 

“Yes, hung, I’m sure” 

 

He showed up at the school entrance a few minutes later, out of breath and eyes full of panic as they scanned the area before him. When Jungkook walked up to him, Hoseok grabbed onto his shoulder roughly and violently hissed, “How did it even happen?” 

 

“I’m not the right person to tell you” Jungkook removed himself from his older friend’s harsh grasp, “But that’s not what’s important here, we need to find Soa first” 

 

“Damn right we do!” Chohee stormed up to them with glittering rage. Her face was as red as a tomato’s and one would be stupid not to notice the steam boiling from her ears like a choo-choo train. “I knew it! I knew we shouldn’t have trusted that ing two-faced ” 

“Where is she?” asked her boyfriend. 

 

She jabbed her thumb over her shoulder, “Calling Namjoon” 

 

Like so many times before, Hoseok tried for her cell phone and resulted in the same, numbing dial tone with the ‘the caller is unavailable, please try later’ lady trying to piss him off even more. He gripped the phone tightly in his left hand and tried taking deep, even breathes to calm his mind. it was going to be okay, he told himself, Soa’s phone probably died from not enough batteries, and if he returned home this instant, she’d be waiting for him on the couch with that usual pokerfaced mask of hers until it would break into a cute smile, a smile full of happiness and full of something that caused his tummy to swim with butterflies. 

 

They were now crowded around Namjoon’s dinner table as Hani summarized one more time about everything that had been going on; about Saerim’s adoption, her connection to the said girl, Saerim trying to make Soa pay because of attitude problems and all the consequences that followed. Hoseok’s fist kept turning whiter and whiter by the mount of force he was using to clamp it against the table, veins bulging out of his skin and muscles tense. Hani’s story only added more fuel to the fire and once she finished he looked up at her. She gasped, for his face had taken on such a dark, somber expression it made her want to run and hide. She felt like weights were pinning her down in place by his brown, mocha orbs, rooting her to her spot as his hand came slamming down onto the tabletop. 

 

. You.” He groveled through gritted, teeth, and eyes flashing with disgust, “you ing pathetic excuse of a woman” 

 

Hani didn’t even have time to open to reply back before he grabbed onto his jacket and was out of the door in a heartbeat. They all watched him go and it was clear that there was no stopping him. Once Hoseok was determined into something, wild horses couldn’t pull him away. She just breathed out a huge breath of air and finally succumbed to the chair, legs wobbling from the shock. 

Then, slowly, her head rose and she met Chohee’s eyes, “I’m so sorry” She choked. 

 

The other girl looked away in discomfort as she wasn’t the one to whom she should say sorry in the first place, but right now this was the least of her worries. What concerned her more were Soa and her well being. Seven hours were a long time, everything could happen in seven hours, but they had looked everywhere, literally. 

Where the could she be? 

 

“I’m calling the rest of the group, see what we can find” Jungkook took hold of Chohee’s arm and brought her over to the other room. When she blinked at him in confusion, he just wrapped his strong arms around her waist and brought her over to his own, feeling her warmth and taking in her scent. He felt her muscles relax and her body melt at his touch. 

 

“Relax, she couldn’t have gone far,” he whispered through her curtain of hair. 

Chohee nodded and wrapped her own arms around his neck, pressing her face in the crook of his shoulder, “I just want her to be fine. This is Soa we’re talking about”

 

“It won’t help you find her if you worry too much” he comforted her softly. She nodded once again in agreement and just let herself for a minute get lost in that soft cocoon of protection. 

 

Hani on the other hand, was shaking from the effect of it all, and almost jumped up when Namjoon placed a hand on her shoulder. “Are you okay?” 

 

“I ed up, Namjoon” tears finally succumbed to her eyes, glistening in the limelight of the kitchen. As she turned towards him, he caught sight of the broken countenance over her face and had an impulsive urge to wrap her up in his arms. 

“Yeah, you did” was his only reply. 

 

Her shoulders dropped at that but before she knew it, he came over and hugged her tightly to his chest. Her eyes widened in shock upon looking upwards to notice how close his face were to hers. 

“We all make mistakes, it makes you human” he murmured tenderly while tucking her head under his chin. The girl sobbed quietly and finally let go of all the frustration and built-up worries worrying her brain. Relief coursed through her when she finally let go of the tears she’d been holding on for so long. They cascade down her face like seawater running over her wounds and letting a stinging pain of soothing cleanse her bruises. Namjoon was right, and she found herself so lucky to have him at this moment. His actions proved that although she could be a , although she had ed up so bad and was now being hated on because of every single damn thing, he was there to comfort her, he had always been in a way. Whenever her heart broke for whatever reasons-even throughout their childhood- Namjoon had been at the back of her mind, the first person who to call, the first person that had to know about everything. 

 

He only hugged her tighter to him, “We’ll find her. We will” 

 

 


 

 

Hoseok was pissed. Angry, annoyed as ing hell and more than everything…Worried sick

 

He was scared for her, scared that something would happen to her. Where could she be? He raked his mind and tried to find a possible explanation but nothing came out of this black void he dare call his brain. He had visited their flat only to find it empty, he trekked all the way to their favorite café only to be disappointed again. He even went back to the shed at school where Kimchi wagged its tail at him. Scooping the not-so-small puppy in his arms, he sighed and decided absentmindedly that maybe it was time for Kimchi to be given to a home care. Walking slowly towards the animal welfare center, he thought about all the possibilities. Where would he have hidden if he had been attacked by the truth so viciously? It must have been a shock for Soa, so she was feeling angry, annoyed, more than a little betrayed…could she have gone home to confront Saerim? No, she wouldn’t dare, not without a clear state of mind. Soa would not jump so rashly into conclusions. He tried putting himself in her situation; if this had happened to him, he would probably be throwing a fit and would then go back to his dance studio- 

 

The Dance Studio. 

That’s it! His eyes widened. He didn’t check the dance studio! That wasn’t even on his list! 

 

Quickening his pace, he quickly gave the puppy to a random police officer guarding the animal center before dashing towards his sanctuary. He did not even wait for a single shout of protest before running down the sidewalk like fire was at his heels. The adrenaline pumped through his body, coursed through his blood and ignited his brain.

 

 If she really was there…no, she had to be there, Hoseok chided himself, she had to, yes she will be. He ran faster for fear that if he were one-second too late, he’d miss her. Nothing was passing through him but the anxiety of finding her safe and sound. He had a need to touch her skin, to feel her so that he knew she was there, so that her presence would comfort his heart, his thoughts. Needless to say he didn’t stop when he bumped into a passerby, not even saying sorry, he didn’t look back at the lady that fell, cursing himself at his lack of decency when his feet refused to pause. He just kept going. One could fall but stand up again, if Soa disappeared, he didn’t know if she’d come back. His heart was thumping with nervousness; he could feel it through the rhythms of his chest while a cold sweat broke down his back. 

 

The door to his dance studio was like a slap of relief to his face and without a second thought he ran up the stairs two at a time, reaching the door and practically slamming his whole body weight onto the handle as it opened easily, swinging inside to give view to the studio. 

It took a few seconds to register the soft sobs coming from the back of the dance room, next to the stereo and as his eyes adjusted slightly to the darkness, he made out the shape of a figure cooped slightly into a fetal position, trying its best to hide itself in between the layers of darkness. 

 

Her sobs broke his heart, the noise making his hands clench into fists as he gritted his teeth. He hated those sounds falling from , he felt like he had failed, that no matter how much he tried, he had failed at making her happy, at protecting her from the demons that were here to chase her happiness away. 

No, he thought inside his mind, please don’t cry…

 

Slowly, so as not to scare her off, J-Hope reached over and switched on the lights as they illuminated the area, casting a soft glow over the room.

 

 The figure jumped and suddenly looked up to meet his eyes.

Soa, the realization dawned upon him, he had found her. 

Nthing could describe the relief that washed through his body, it was exhilarating and more than a little shocking at the same time. 

 

His heart clenched as he caught sight of Soa’s eyes red and still b with unshed tears. Realization dawned upon her face before she turned away and tried her best to ignore him. The boy wasn’t having any of that though, and within two strides had scooped her up in his arms. 

 

“No, stop it” she pushed at his arms and turned her head away so that he would not catch a glimpse of the crystal jewels. “Leave me alone” 

 

The pain was raw in her soft, begging soprano, vibrating violently when she shuddered. He ignored her protests and hugged her more firmly against his chest, arms creating a tight cage around her frame. Her sobs were reverberating through her body, shaking up his own as she kept pulling and he kept tugging her back. It was a heated dance of who was going to give up first, before finally Hoseok released an angry growl and slammed her back in, tucking her head underneath his jaw and making sure that there was no escaping this time. 

 

“I know” He murmured, nuzzling her hair, “I know it hurts” 

 

“I just-everyone’s been lying to me” Her voice was clogged up, feeble, weak, “My life’s a big fat lie” 

 

“Yah” frowning, he leaned back and examined her face. His brown orbs captured hers when he continued staring at her intently, with so much emotion she couldn’t help herself from squirming and looking away, “that’s bull” 

She threw him a glare, “that’s not-“ 

 

“I never lied to you. My feelings aren’t a lie” He interrupted her, genuine and more than a little intense. Grasping onto her hand, he interlocked their fingers and squeezed hers lightly, “Our relationship isn’t bull” 

Her heart fluttered slightly at his words; trust him for knowing exactly what to say at the right time. She felt like smiling and for a second her lips did curl up, but then it fell back down when the fresh memory of betrayal probed the back of her mind. Soa bowed her head then and thought about everything that happened to her. Sure, her family did lie to her about a lot of things, and a lot of questions were unanswered, she was still trying to fit in all the puzzles together. But with Hoseok by her side, she was slightly stronger, slightly more confident in knowing that someone else was with her, would hold her and push her upwards whenever she felt herself drowning from the enormity of it all. It was funny how just a few words from his mouth were enough to calm her and think clearly. He was like a light that drew her back from the darkness, alighting her path and giving her the right road to walk on. 

 

Oh god, she was really becoming soft with that boy. He was going to be the death of her. 

 

“Hey” His fingers grazed her chin and tilted it upwards. Her eyes tentatively fluttered upwards to meet his; “We’ll figure it out okay? One day at a time” 

 

“Why are you so nice to me?” she blurted before thinking. 

Hoseok cocked his head at her, a small smile dancing across his mouth, “You want me to be mean?” 

 

Without another word, the girl just buried her face back into his chest and breathed in his masculine scent soothing over her wounds. His lips landed softly on her forehead before he pressed his cheek to her hair and rocked her from side to side, a comforting lullaby that calmed her down somewhat. 

He was right, Soa thought to herself, she would take this slowly, one day at a time, one step at a time. 

Because she was sure that with him there, she’d get through it. 

 


 

Update after SUCH A LONG TIME OMG I'M SO SOWWYYYYY T.T PLEASE DON'T KILL ME PLEASE DON'T HATE ME HUHUUUUU TT.TT 

Soooo.....Soa finds out, and this is her reaction. What will happen now?:o Will she go confront Saerim? And isn't Hoseok being such a cute boyfriend GAAAD! <3 

Anyway I AM SO PROUD OF OUR BOYS WITH THEIR 3RDWIN AND WINNING 2ND PLACE ON MUSIC SHOW OMG IM SO SO SO HAPPY FOR THEM! <3 <3 <3 /THROWS CONFETTIS EVERYWHERE AND ROLLS ON THE FLOOR WITH HAPPINESS/. Their hardwork really pays off and It makes me so happy seeing them happy :,) <3<3 

On another note, I hope Taehyung gets over the criticsim about his actions. C'mon, I agree that people misunderstand him because they don't know him as well as ARMY's do but pleasee, don't bash the poor boy how can you say he hates and disrespects BIG BANG?! GOD everyone knows that they are fanboys! Don't go and create fanwars because of it ! --" So immature of K-netz really. Please smile V, during their 3nd win on the music show, he was literally crying after they had won and the change in behaviour was totally drastic :( Now are you happy K-netz? #TaehyungYourePerfect 

Hope you like this chappie! Leave a comment down below :) <3 

P.S: I recently opened up a Twitter account so if you guys have any questions about the story or myself don't hesitate! I really want to know more people that are Kpop-lovers and how my readers are! :D <3 xx