Hani's Revelation

Drawing the Line

 

 

 


"Saerim's not Soa's real sister" 

 

Namjoon was baffled and wanted to laigh at her stupid assumption. It had just come out of nowhere and the boy thought that something was majorly wrong with this girl. He tried to contain his snort when he cocked a brow at her and folded his arms across his chest in amusement, "and how the did you come up with that stupid conclusion?" 

 

"It's not stupid" she snapped, "trust me, I know what I'm talking about" 

 

He still had his pokerface on, signaling her to continue with another of his head. 

 

"Remember how I moved away when we entered middle school? It wasn't for nothing" Hani's eyes clouded over with a darkness, a storm that was slowly rolling through her pupils. There was something eerily mysterious about the way she looked away from him and cleared . 

 

"The reason why I moved was because of my mother's sister. She had just given birth to a child from a one-night stand, and when my father found out, he went all ballistic and didn't want anyone to know since it would ruin not only my mother's but his reputation as well. So that's why we moved away, and left the kid in an orphanage over here. We didn't get to know about the child until I was in middle school." Hani picked at the granite table with her fingers in order to distract herself. After all, it was quite uncomfortable talking about those things but she wanted, needed Namjoon on her side right now. She hoped she was doing the right thing, well she thought she was. 

 

"So?" Namjoon prompted and she returned back to her story-telling. 

 

"Her name was Haera, such a pretty name. Anyway, one day we received a mail about the orphanage that Haera had moved to a foster home. It was probably about the same time Soa had her accident" she gulped and ran her hand through her hair, "since there was no threat for my father, he made us return here in our original house and that's where I searched for that particular orphanage. By luck, I happened to walk in on Haera packing her things" 

 

It hit Namjoon like a tide would break over smooth waves. He tried not to act surprised, but his mouth seemed to have a life of its own as it dropped down while he stared at her like she had grown five heads. He couldn't ing believe it. How many lies were there? Entwining different lives and fate together, it was incredible but horrifying at the same time. He wasn't sure what to make of it. 

 

He was thankful for the chair now, if not he would've probably collapsed from the suddenness of it all. 

 

"She changed her name to Saerim, and told me everything when she realized I was her mother's niece. She was all bitter about joining Soa's family, because apparently she had been asked to join just because one member of their family died" 

 

"W-Wait," Namjoon grabbed a hold of his head in an attempt to clear his confused thoughts. There was just so many things flooding his mind, "so what, Soa's real sister-?"

 

"-Died" she finished for him.       

 

Okay. He needed something to hold onto. This was impossible, this was insane. What the was happening to them all? All their lives seemed to suddenly twist and turn like something coming out of a movie, and the worst part of it all was that Namjoon wasn’t all that surprised anymore, ever since he encountered everything happening what with Hani and all. He knew the moment he laid eyes on Saerim that something was not quite right.

And he was 100% on the bull’s eye.

 

He wondered briefly what it would have cost him if he had ever stayed away from Hani. Maybe then he’d be having the time of his life right now and not sitting there like there was a bombshell that just dropped over South Korea.

 

“But then…” Hani could see the screws spinning inside the older boy’s head, and with a sigh echoed his feelings, “Soa doesn’t know anything about it yet”

 

“What do you mean yet?”

 

“Well from what Saerim told me…” She fiddled with her fingers and when she looked up at him, he noticed a slight glint of fear and concern etched onto her facial features. What she was about to tell him isn’t going to be something good, he realized with a pang in his gut. But then again, why was he so surprised? He cursed himself inside his mind for thinking that was the story. It was far from a happy ending.

 

“S-She told me that she wanted to make Soa’s life hell. I agreed because I wanted to see her suffer because of Hoseok…” His eyes rounded even more and she hurried on before he could shout out his protests, granted his eyes were doing already a good job at taking her down right now, “…But then I realized…that no matter what I do, Hoseok’s never going to look at me”

Oh, she finally came to her senses, Namjoon wanted to burst out laughing because he was being such a sassy . Well better late than never.

 

“Good to know you actually took my advice” though his words came out diplomatically, Hani feared looking into his eyes because she knew she would be finding coldness and harsh reality striking his orbs.

Namjoon just had the scariest effect on people, it was crazy.

 

“The way he looks at Soa…” Hani bit her lip, oh god she felt it, the tears. They were slowly crawling up and trying to echo out of her rabid thoughts that were trying to tear her apart. Her lips were clamped shut by her teeth, her lower lip as red as blood because she had been biting onto it for so long. Her memory flickered over the times her gaze had landed on the said boy, how he would caress Soa’s entire being with his eyes, how he’d gently handle her, like she was a piece of porcelain he was scared of handling alone. But then she’d notice how his eyes would soften every time he was around her, or how he took a deep breath when she sidled over next to him. Never in her life had Hani ever caught sight of her parents being so in love, and the thought of it alone pained her inside her heart. The pain fluttered through her heartstrings and resided inside her deepest, darkest thoughts though she always did her best to brush them aside like they were pieces of dust. But when the dust was collected at the far end of the room, didn’t accumulate until a massive amount of it was too much to handle? Just like dust, those negative emotions kept coming back and growing stronger and larger. The girl didn’t want that, granted she had understood about the fact that Hoseok was in love with Soa, and yet it hurt so much to see them happy, to see them sharing their happiness with each other. She wanted something like that as well, a love she could share with someone that would cherish her like she was the only sun on earth.

All her life, she had been chasing after this perfect dream, only to realize that he wasn’t hers to be dreamed of.

 

Flames of courage suddenly shot up to her pupils and she looked at Namjoon with a fire in her eyes, “The way he looks at Soa…is the way I’ve always wanted to be looked at”

 

Namjoon was speechless.

 

Hani was a monster.

But she was also a girl; let’s not forget that.

She was one of the most fragile beings on earth, now that he thought about it carefully. she was no different from the rest of the insecure beings roaming the earth in search of love like it was a god given gift.

Once again, she had surprised him with her open-mindedness. Her straightforwardness.

It was something he had never seen before, and mind you, he found it refreshing and beautiful.

 

With her greasy hair, her huge eye bags and her battered clothes that hung onto her like a rag, she looked beautiful.

 

He was about to open his mouth to say something, anything that could clear this awkward atmosphere when the girl beat him to it by saying, “I want Soa’s friendship back. I want to make up for what I did. I want to be friends with her again”

 

It was a long silence before Namjoon spoke up again. His thoughts were in disarray, and the revelation of Hani wasn’t making it any easier to cope with. Loads of information were buffering inside his mind and somewhere along the line he was sure that he was lost. But when his eyes flashed up to meet her earnest ones- those maroon orbs that were shining with a light that wished to be accepted and loved- he softened slightly. He would’ve scolded her or at least reprimanded her of her actions because that was what she deserved for everything she had done.

 

But all humans were the same, at the end of the day.

 

The fact that she realized her own faults and had the courage to speak them out loud was something that left him baffled with surprise.

 

If only she’d show that sweet side of her to the world, then maybe she’d be more than loved, really.

 

“I’ll help you” He answered without a doubt.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Soa woke up to the sound of the frying pan sizzling with hot oil, and for a moment feared that she had let her gas stove on all this time.

 

“OW!” Tumbling out of bed with shock, she fell flat on her when the door suddenly opened to reveal Hoseok with a tray of breakfast in hand, his expression more than amused by the sudden turn of events where the girl was sprawled onto the floor with her legs tangled up in the bed sheets.

 

Opening his mouth, he was surprised himself when a chortle left his lips instead of a question. His shoulder moved slightly as he laughed at her precarious position, while the girl’s cheeks flamed with embarrassment before she got up in a very unlady-like manner and scowling at him to try and scare him off. Unfortunately for her, it did little to cease his laughter, instead amplifying the sound.

 

“I’m not even going to ask what happened” He said as he walked up to her with her breakfast in hand. He had been feeling guilty ever since he had barged in on her especially when she took such great care of him without really probing into his business. This made him even more confident that Soa could listen to his pain and comfort him in his time of need. He liked it that she wasn’t pressuring and instead would wait patiently for his feelings to pour out.

 

Her scowl deepened. Hoseok reached out to ruffle her hair teasingly before placing the tray on her lap to shut her up, knowing that the girl would probably spit a insult back at him which was always in her mannerism, that was how Soa worked.

 

“What’s that?” She blinked at the food in front of her, frown scattering over her features. The boy reached out to tweak her nose because he just couldn’t stand her cuteness, “Breakfast, you idiot”

 

 Her heart warmed up and twisted into tiny little sparks of fireworks. She never knew that Hoseok had this sweet side to him, and the fact that he just showed her another side of his personality made her think that maybe, little by little, the boy was starting to embed his trust in her, and she liked that. For once, she felt like he was leaning on her for support, not always standing alone with that prideful male ego.

 

Soa narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, “Did you put something in there? Did you poison it? Or did you fall on your head this morning?”

 

“Normal people just say thank you” he pointed out.

 

“Normal people don’t act as bipolar as you” Then she softened when remembrance of last night flashed before her eyes, “Are you better?”

 

He nodded before picking up her fork and stabbing a piece of bacon, bringing it up to her face while saying “ahh, open your mouth”

 

She scrunched her nose in mock disgust, “I can feed myself, thank you very much”

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes in exasperation, “Just open your damn mouth”

 

With slight hesitation, the girl did as he said before he it in all at once, watching with mischief as she coughed onto the piece of food, narrowing her eyes to throw him a glare. ‘YAH!” Her words, though muffled, were still as clear as crystal water.

 

Grinning, he ruffled her hair in affection and asked, “Good?”

 

Soa pulled a face just to annoy him, “Urgh”

 

“Liar” He poked her side, “At least it’s better than yours”

 

She stuck out her tongue in response, just like a child would when the boy shook his head.

Soa suddenly blinked when a thought made it’s way to her, looking up at her boyfriend while asking, “Why are you being so nice, anyway?”

 

He huffed, “What are you talking about? I’m always nice”

 

“Yeah right, I’ll start spitting frogs when that happens” She shot back.

 

Hoseok, slightly irritated by the fact that she was neglecting all the food he had so nicely prepared for her, pitched a piece of egg with her fork and stuffed it in before she could say anything else. He didn’t miss the frown darkening her face with annoyance, and that only made him want to pinch her cheeks. Sometimes, Soa would just be too cute to resist, he always had to clamp down his hands and force them into fists to keep his self-control in check. Of course though, he had never told her about it, why would she even bother knowing anyway? The boy was certain that she would just take it to her advantage, knowing her and her capabilities.

 

He could resist anything but cuteness.

 

His eyes suddenly flashed when Jungkook’s words resonated inside his mind, and his heart couldn’t help but ache slightly at the thought of Soa getting hurt again.

 What exactly was Saerim hiding? Why would she target Soa, her own sibling?

His muscles tensed when he thought about it, he never wanted to see Soa shed tears again because of him, he had promised himself that. But how the hell was he going to protect her from others when he himself couldn’t keep her 100% happy? Already, she was sure to have cried fountains and Hoseok wanted to slap himself for being such a jerk and hurting her.

 

Noticing his pained expression, the girl reached out to touch his arm softly, bringing him back to reality when she asked softly, “Are you okay?”

 

“Worrying about me?” His lips tilted into a smirk to hide his feelings. He didn’t wish for her to see him troubled, because then she’d be doubly concerned.

 

She huffed, “Brat” and her lips in annoyance, her brow furrowed.

 

Hoseok couldn’t help himself; he reached over to plant a kiss smack onto , leaning back with satisfaction upon seeing the sudden blush and buffer that had taken over his girlfriend. Soa blinked, freezing in movement as she took in what he had just done before jumping in embarrassment and looking at him like he had done something off limits.

 

He laughed, “Don’t look at me like that”

 

She knew that if words were to escape her now, she’d be stuttering like hell so taking the safe route, she just looked away and said nothing.

 

But the boy wasn’t having any of her silent treatment. He took hold of her waist and pulled her into his lap, backhugging her tightly while drowning his nose into her shoulder.

 

Soa squeaked when she tried balancing the breakfast plate on her lap, “Yah! There’s food-“

 

“You smell so good” He hummed as his lips brushed over her skin. She stiffened in response and he crooned in appreciation.

 

“Why so tense?” he finally lifted his face to look at her. “You should get used to that by now”

 

Her brows furrowed, “Easy for you to say”

 

“You don’t like it?”

 

“It’s not that” with embarrassment flowing through her body, Soa squirmed and bit her lip, “I’m just taken by surprise every time”

 

His mouth parted upon her ear, “So you do like it?”

 

She threw him a glare when he only chuckled low inside his chest so that it rumbled, before nuzzling his nose into her cheek, “ I told you I’m not going to do anything you don’t want”

 

“Oh, that’s comforting you know, coming from you” she shot back while rolling her eyes.

 

He pecked the corner of her lips “You’re too noisy”

 

“And you’re such a -“ He shut her up with a kiss.

 


 

DID I KILL YOU WITH THAT SUDDEN OVERLOAD OF INFORMATION????? HUHHH???? DID I????!! 

HEHEHEHE. I'M SUCH A HORRIBLE AUTHOR, I SPOILED ALL OF YOU, I WAS SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE SUSPENSE FOR LONGER BUT THEN IDK HOW I WAS GOING TO MOVE ON WITH THE CHAPPIES. 

 

I hope you liked this update! :) HOBISOA OMGGG I like the fact that this time Hobi seems a little more fluffy rather than asking for a real makeout session ;) 

Anyway, was planning for a Hanbin (B.I) Oneshot sooon and what do you guys think about that? ;) I eman that little 's been crawling up my bias list and it DOESNT HELP THAT HE'S FREAKING GOOD AT EVERYTHING I MEAN DANCING, SINGING, CHOREOGRAPHYING, WRITING LYRICS, BEING A GOOD LEADER.... Hell that makes a lot of responsibilities. Yeah so what do you guys say if i treat you with a fluffy confession oneshot featuring IKON'S leader? :) Comment your thoughts down below! 

PS: WHAT DO YOU GUYS MAKE OF HANI'S SUDDEN CONFESSION??? 

like always, thanks so much for reading my story! i love all of you! CHU!~