Trying II

Drawing the Line

 

 


Hoseok didn’t get a wink of sleep that night.

 

He kept tossing and turning in bed, practically murdering his pillow every time he turned around to fluff it up again, only to lie back down with a sigh and look out of his window in resignation. His thoughts kept going back to that one particular girl. He had to admit, when he had been in middle school, his ultimate crush had been Lee Hani, but now that High school has come and the fact that they separated after Middle school, the feelings for Hani somehow dissipated. It was only a crush, a huge crush though, and now that she was back he was scared of the feelings coming back to haunt him. the time where he had to battle against his emotions slowly washing over him like tides of waves was hard enough, but now that she was back, he couldn’t risk falling in love with her. Hani was a drug, a drug that only crushed and changed his entire being, even BTS admitted to it.

 

But Soa. He kept repeating the name again and again, Soa Soa Soa…

He relished in the way it rolled off his lips. It was such a sensual, such an interesting name. So simple yet so intricate and mysterious, just like the persona herself.

 

A 3-year coma, he thought to himself, turning back onto his right side. What would he have done if he were the one going through the coma? After 3 years of not knowing what happened around him in life, would he have the courage to stand up again and face the cruel reality? He shivered at the thought. Just hearing about it could send goosebumps down to his toes. Now how did Soa even cope with her situation?

 

It explained why she was so cold, so harsh to everyone.

Maybe she didn’t know, didn’t know how else to protect herself and didn’t know how to socialize with 17-year old kids of her own age when she was stuck in her 14-year old self.

 

She couldn’t tear away from the past, maybe.

No wonder she slapped him when he kissed her. The guilty flooded him; hit him hard like he would’ve slammed against a brick wall while riding a bike. Oh , what had he done? He recalled the moment where he eyes flashed against the moonlight after she had slapped him, after he felt like . Her brown glistening orbs left so much emotion stirring within him. no to mention the fact that it was the first time he thought he’d ever see Soa cry. Of all girls, he had deduced she had been the strongest, the fiercest, and the most passionate.

 

He couldn’t be more wrong.

 

He vowed to himself that night. He would stop annoying her; he would make it all up to her. This time, he would keep his promise. He would promise on his sister’s life if that were the case, which was a big thing to him, as he loved his noona to bits.

 

The next day at school, he walked up to Soa and blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.


“I’m sorry” he spluttered in front of her, tearing his gaze away because of the embarrassment creeping up his neck.

 

Soa was taken aback by is sudden confession, but narrowed her eyes and was about to walk away when he grabbed onto her arm, pulling her to him with a pleading look in his eyes.

 

“Soa, I’m sorry” He said again, this time with more conviction, like he was trying to apologize to her and not just convince himself.

 

“For what?” She shot back. “What are you sorry for?”

 

“Everything.”

 

She tried wriggling away from his grip “It’s too late” For a second; he swore he caught a glimpse of her naïve self being exposed, before her expression turned dark once again.

 

“I’ll make it up to you” He insisted when she tried pulling away.


“Been there, done that and got the freaking t-shirt” Sarcasm was dripping from her tone.

“I’ll follow you around until you accept my apology”

“You think I’m that easy?” A brow arched, Soa regarded him with a challenging gaze embedded on her face.

He cleared his throat “Aish, woman. Why must you be so complicated?” He was slowly starting to lose his temper. To be honest, J-Hope had never even said ‘sorry’ so many times before, it was the first time that the word fell from his lips like river would flow over the banks. It was that bad because Hoseok hated apologizing. On his behalf, he was usually never in the wrong, or so he thought.

 

“Are you having second thoughts on your promise already?” She mocked him, pulling away and walking towards her class while bumping her shoulder to his on the way. He turned around on his feet and grabbed her arm once again. Soa would’ve kicked him in the shin but restrained herself when the look on his face softened her up. It almost felt like he understood her situation, like she was looking in the mirror at her own reflection when her mask wore off.

“I’m not giving up no matter what” A small smirk played onto Hoseok’s lips “So you should prepare yourself’

 

Unconsciously, blush crept onto her face and splattered over her cheeks like watercolor paint spreading over paper. “D-Don’t keep promises you can’t keep” she spat and turned around once again, only to be stopped by J-Hope who quickly ran up to her and caught her hand in his.

 

Shocked, she turned to him with wide eyes and an aggravated expression, mouth ajar in surprise “What the hell are you doing?!”

 

He shrugged, looking away “What am I doing?”

“Yah!” She pushed him away “Let go!”

“No.”

“Hoseok, people are staring” Soa’s face was as red as a tomato as she tried looking down at the floor “Get off!”

 

She would’ve lied if she said that she didn’t appreciate his strong and firm grip around her fingers.

 

“Soa!~” Like it had burned him, Hoseok’s hand dropped from the said girl when they turned to be met with a flustered Hani, cheeks flushed and eyes twinkling when she came to a stop in front of them.

“Oh, oppa. What are you doing here?” She asked with a cute frown.

 

“Can’t I be here?” it wasn’t like Hoseok did it on purpose, but his tone came out harsher than he would’ve expected it to be.

 

Hurt morphed Hani’s face into a frown before she replaced it with a smile to Soa “Let’s go to class, Soa!~”

 

“Yeah, sure” the latter purposefully ignored the boy standing at her side, but when she was about to follow Hani who was already walking away in a soft huff- surely she was angry at the boy himself- the girl was restrained by his hand that caught hers once more. His eyes didn’t give anything away when she turned to look at him with a confused gaze, but they stayed like that, staring at each other intensely for five seconds or so before she shrugged him off and walked away, not once glancing back.

 

After all, she was still supposed to be mad at him.

 

 


 

 

“Jungkook! Stop it!” Soa’s arms flailed around her head in trying to catch her cellphone. The maknae was busy scrolling through her song playlist before he realized that her taste in music concentrated on cute, bubbly songs that didn’t fit her at all. Since Soa was such a dark and mysterious girl, he was expecting her to listen to ballads and sad songs that made you reflect about life.

 

But it wasn’t the case at all.

 

“Oh my god, you even have SNSD’s Kissing you, DAEBAK HAHAHA!” Jungkook burst into laughter while the girl stood, glaring daggers at him and praying that someone would just kill him because – could this get more embarrassing?

 

“Shut up!” She roared in annoyance, making a grab for the phone once again only to fail when Jungkook put it out of her reach.

 

“Wahh, this is so good~ I’m sure you sing along to them in the shower, don’t you?” He said, winking at her teasingly.

 

“I swear I will kill you”


“Do you do it like this? Tuh tuh le tuh tuh tuh, Kissing you Baby!” He shook his hips extravagantly and Soa would’ve laughed if not for the fact that she was the one he was making fun of at this moment. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment as her hand suddenly shot out and grabbed onto her phone, safely tucking it away in her bag while murmuring curse words at the latter. Jungkook only exploded into more laughter at her facial expression before slinging an arm around her shoulder while they walked to their lockers.

 

“I never knew you could be this annoying” She mumbled to herself when reaching her locker, swinging it open aggressively as it nearly hit the boy’s face.

 

“Naw, Soa’s mad” He stuck out his tongue, which aggravated her even more.

 

Rolling her eyes, she exchanged her books and closed her locker. Turning, she caught sight of a familiar figure bending down to put her books in her bag, and when they met eyes, she realized that it was Chohee, the silent girl of the queenka group. She was expecting some kind of insult from the girl, even a scary facial expression with empty threats to linger around her head for the rest of the day, but none of that occurred.

 

Chohee shook her head, and made sure that Jungkook was turning away to put away his own books before murmuring to Soa “I told you to be careful”

 

Then, her eyes grew into a glare “You’re so stupid. Don’t say I didn’t tell you”

 

And before Soa could even open to ask what she was talking about, she was gone. Soa was left speechless, be careful? Be careful about what? This was the second time Chohee told her something like that, and it somehow triggered fear in her body. What should she be careful of? Soa herself didn’t know. How was she supposed to know something like that? She made a mental note to confront the girl later on, before turning to see Jungkook gazing at her with a worried look.

 

“What?” She snapped a bit too harshly, regretting it instantly when he winced.

 

“Nothing. Are you and Chohee friends?” he asked.

 

“No, not really”

“Why was she talking to you then?”

Soa turned away “it’s nothing”

“Was she bullying you?” Jungkook grabbed gently onto her arm. “Did she hurt you in any way?”

“No, I’m fine Jungkook” She sent him a half smile. The boy blinked at the surprising flash of teeth that blinded him momentarily. When Soa smiled, though it was on rare occasions, she had a pretty smile.

 

“Hey Soa” A small grin played onto his lips. “You should smile more”


“Eh?” The girl instantly frowned. “I wasn’t smiling. What are you talking about?”

“Ey~ you’re such an ice queen” he giggled and poked her cheek.


With her hand, Soa swatted her hands at him like he was some annoying fly she had around her buzzing all day long.

 

The day passed by quicker than she would’ve predicted, and when Soa returned home after tutoring Jungkook, she let out a loud sigh before plopping herself down onto the sofa. She stretched her body and let out a squeaky yawn that she wouldn’t dare let others hear if they had been around. The subjects were way harder than she would’ve thought, and the fact that she lost 3 years in education was also a contributing fact. Even if the staff and teachers knew about her condition and tried not pressuring her, she always had to keep up the constant work; it was tiring after some time. All the information was just too much to process, too much to assimilate over such little time.

 

Soa let out a groan of anguish, scrambling up and deciding to take a nice, hot shower to cool down and relax her aching muscles. She was in a dire need of one, as she as certain that she smelled.

 After having soaked her body into the warm waters, she put on a large white tshirt and baggy sweats, tying up her hair into a high ponytail before collapsing onto her bed. This was bliss, this was what relaxation was about.

 

Ding dong!
 

Oh my god, she screamed inside her head, who the heck can it be at this hour?!

 

She didn’t bother checking the door, already mentally preparing her long speech about not being interrupted at every time of the day when her eyes met a familiar pair of orbs. That gaze she knew too well, that face which was the last one she wanted to see at this moment, and those lips that had sinned over hers just nights ago.

 

With quick movements, her hand was about to close the door in his face when he stuck out a foot, wincing at the impact of the blow as he pushed against the door “Wait, Soa-“

 

“Goodbye” She leaned all her weight against the door in vain. Hoseok’s body was already inside and he was closing the door, swiveling around to meet her shocked eyes.

 

“Hoseok, you can’t just keep barging into people’s houses like that’ Soa huffed whilea leaning against the handrest of her sofa. “It’s not right and it’s illegal”

 

“Technically it’s not since you let me in”

 

She raised a brow “Did you come here to insult me?”

 

He sighed and raked a hand through his hair “Look, I feel guilty about-“


“Don’t.” Soa’s eyes were hard, stony surfaces now. Nothing could penetrate them. They were opaque maroon, hiding behind this exterior though was only a scared girl, and J-Hope knew that. Now that her secret had come to light with him, he felt all the guiltier for having kissed her without her consent.

 

He continued nevertheless “-About the kiss. It was wrong, and I shouldn’t have done that”

 

“Just let it go” Soa replied wearily. She was fed up of all his jokes and tricks and sarcastic remarks. One could take so much from him. The bullying, the taunting, and now he was apologizing. Did he even think before doing that? Did he even stop one second to take care of her feelings? Of course not, because this was J-Hope.

 

“No.”

 

“Oh my god you are so ing stubborn” Soa’s fists clenched onto her arms, nails digging into the skin. She yearned nothing more than to throw him out of her house and get satisfaction out of that.

 

“Right back at you” he snapped back “I’m trying to apologize, you ungrateful brat”

 

Ungrateful? -“ She took in a breath and tried controlling the anger that was slowly seeping through her pores, teeth clenched tight together “YAH. Am I the one who did something wrong here? Am I the one who made someone’s life hell since they entered this school?”
 

Her words went directly to his heart, and Hoseok couldn’t help but lower his eyes in shame. True, he had been such a bastard to her. Why had he even done that?

 

“Let’s do it again” He blurted out so quickly even his brain wasn’t ready to assimilate the words spurting out of his mouth. Oh my god, Hoseok what did you do, he wanted to curse at himself when he saw Soa’s face morph into confusion, then shock.

 

“W-What do you mean, do what again?” she asked so innocently he could’ve groaned.

 

“Let me kiss you again. You’re upset because it was your first,” he scratched the back of his neck in sudden nervousness “right?”

 

Soa looked away “None of your business”

He swore he caught a glimpse of embarrassment creeping up her cheeks.

 

“I’m right, aren’t I?”

 

“You don’t know anything!”

“I know more than you think” taking a step towards her. She backed up towards the sofa and fell backwards onto the soft, cushiony texture. Making a move to jump out of his way at her chance to run away from the boy, a squeak fell from her lips when Hoseok suddenly pinned his arms right next to her head. She was practically lying down on the sofa with him above her, his face only centimeters from hers and his breaths slow and soft, the masculine scent wafting over her nostrils and causing her to sniff in appreciation. The heat rolling off his body in waves was almost too suffocating, but Soa’s brain wasn’t reacting with what she was screaming in her mind. All she wanted was to push him away and run, run for her life because god, she had never been in that intimate position before. And yet, her muscles were locked in place, frozen to the core.

 

“You want me to make up for everything I’ve done” He whispered so softly, so sensually like he actually cared. At this precise moment, Soa thought that someone else had taken over his body. This was not the J-Hope she knew. J-Hope would never have done what Hoseok was doing. Somewhere along the line, Soa wondered if she even knew who the real Hoseok was really.


“Let me try and repair the damage” Unconsciously, his hand reached out to curl a strand of fallen hair behind her ear, causing the girl’s heartbeat to accelerate like a motor had been put on track. As much as she wanted to reply someone witty, she couldn’t. Her brain felt like scrambled eggs.

 

Softly, slowly, like he was scared of hurting her with one mere touch, Hoseok cupped her cheeks and caressed the soft skin with his thumbs, his eyes holding so much emotion that she wanted to cringe.

 

Then, his lips pressed against hers for the second time.

And Soa saw fireworks.

 


 

OMG GUYS 100 SUBBIES?! I CAN'T THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH YOU'RE SO SWEET AND KIND AND OMGGGG LET ME GO AND CRY! *THROWS CONFETTIS EVERYWHERE* 

Well, coming back to earth *clears throat*, thanks once again for giving me 100 subbies, i love you guys *bows deeply and claps* I'm so happy to see that people are enjoying my story :) <3

And omgggg HOBISOA IS SHIPPING FULL ON GUYS~ I've never seen Hobi so sweet like that, can you imagine him like that? :D So cuteee, and Soa I wish you would open up a bit to him, After all he knows your secret heheeh <3 

How was this chappie?:D 

 

Like it? Hate it! Comment below! <3

i love you all my subbies! :D <3