Planning

Drawing the Line

 

 


“Jeon Jungkook”

 

The boy turned in surprise, but his gaze instantly darkened when they reached an individual not standing too far away from him, with her hands tucked inside her blazer pockets and her eyes burning with a determination that could challenge one of a tigress when enraged.

 

“Park Chohee” the way he said it almost felt like a knife stabbing her back. She winced unvoluntarily, and took a step closer with grim determination written all over her face.

 

“I need to tell you something”

 

Jungkook leaned against the wall in a leisurely manner while rolling his eyes at her. “Last time I checked, you were friends with that Haeryung, right?”

 

That was one thing Chohee detested with guys. They were so judgmental by what they saw, never really dwelling on what was going on inside individuals. She stayed with that group for a reason, because she needed to, not because she wanted to. But of course no one would ever believe that.

Not even him.

 

“Mianhae, I don’t talk to es” He made a move to turn away when the girl suddenly grasped onto his arm and twisted his body to the floor, his back connecting to the ground with a loud ‘thud!’ as the girl straddled his hips, her hands digging onto his shoulder blades as she peered at his face with a victorious shimmer through her orbs.

 

“You. Will. Listen,” She jabbed him in the chest at every word with her pointy finger “To. Me. Jerk”

 

The boy was still in shock after the pirouette he had just experienced, and with wide eyes, he just blinked at her with no sound coming out of his voice box and his breath suddenly halting upon noticing how close their bodies were. Even though he could hate Chohee’s guts and her y attitude, let’s face it, he was a man. And he didn’t particularly like it when he was taken advantage so easily, especially but such a short girl. 

 

His ego was slightly bruised. How dare she.

 

“Alright,” Chohee’s eyes suddenly dropped all her willfire, and she spoke very seriously, like she was scared of being heard “I heard Hani and J-hope talking this morning”

 

“W-What? Are you stalking them?” He spluttered, but she put a hand over his mouth and glared down at him. it did little to stop him from rolling his eyes, and the girl continued as she raked a hand through her short strands of hair, grasping them in annoyance “And I heard Hani say something…something bad”

 

Jungkook’s ears perked up. Oh no.

“I don’t know if I can say this, and I wasn’t stalking them, I just happened to overhear their conversation when I was walking by” leaning over to him, her eyes narrowed into slits “But then I heard Hani say something about Soa”

 

“What?” he sprang up at his friend’s name tumbling out of her, eyes as wide as saucers now while he grasped onto her arm and shook her slightly. “What did she say?”

 

Noticing just now that she was in a very awkward position with Jungkook-especially since he raised himself up on his elbows enough to sit himself on the floor- she proceeded to move out of his lap while trying to hdie her flaming cheeks, helping him up while murmuring “She said to J-Hope that Soa wanted him to stay away from her”

 

 

“WHAT?!” The boy’s gaze hardened “You’re lying”

 

Chohee could only gape at him in horror “No! Why would I lie? I swear it’s true” Her hands reached out to grasp onto his shoulder with a force that caused him to wince. Damn, that girl had some fine strength right there. Jungkook felt like a baby next to her. “You know how Hani’s like”

 

“Have you been stalking Hani?”

 

“No. I just happened to overhear what she said”

When they locked eyes, it was clear as crystal water to Jungkook that the girl was genuinely worried about Soa’s wellbeing, and it amazed him how she could even if the other girl was a total stranger to her. But that wasn’t the point right now. The point was that Soa and Hoseok were going to get into a fight soon, and as Jungkook knew them, both would just be too stubborn to accept that they were in the wrong and apologise. Once again, he was certain that his hyung would be the first to strike, as Soa might even be unknown to Hani’s advances.

 

Catastrophe was about to strike.

“” Was all he said.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Soa stabbed her instant macaroni with her fork in a violent manner, hitting it harshly against the plate so that the porcelain rang against the walls and through her ears. Somehow, it echoed her the pain of her suffering, the pain her heartstrings were experiencing, wrenching off to one side and hanging limply from the other. you, Jung Hoseok! She thought as she hit the plate again without flinching when she caught a glimpse a crack appear at the edge of the china. She couldn’t care less; her blood was burning, her veins boiling. All the emotions that she had bottled up during the past weeks exploded suddenly. She couldn’t hold onto them anymore,

 

Once the tears started falling, they wouldn’t be stopped. It started accumulating slowly through her eyes, welling into her orbs and drowning her maroon swirls with water as she struggled for breath. felt too tight, stuck with all her emotions somehow, and no sound came out when the first drop fell to cascade down her cheek. It sparkled its way downward, followed by many others as she drowned herself in her misery. Biting her lip to try and stop her sadness, it only resulted in her whimpering and leaning against the tabletop with a frustrated cry, sobs wrenching their way out of her body like soulless cries into the night.

 

everything, him. You don’t need him Kang Soa, she chanted inside her head like a mantra. But it was no use. No matter how much she tried to kid herself that she would somehow he fine, it all came crashing down on her, the feelings that she bottled up so easily, the feelings that she pushed aside in order to control her pride. But this particular emotion was just too harsh and too hard for her to push away.

In the midst of everything, it just made her realize that deep down, that one feeling that wouldn’t go away no matter how hard she tried was the one she felt every time Hoseok was around.

 

Kang Soa loved him.

 

Not even liked, like was too much of a weak word for that.

It went way over the boundaries that she had set for herself, and the fact that she had fallen so deeply into it’s spidery trap just exposed her to be more vulnerable and fragile to the world, and to him. She felt like a puppet while he was the manipulator, the one that jerked her limbs off one by one with the pain of her heartstrings getting pulled apart.

 

She loved him so much that she hated him for playing with her heart this way. I will never forgive him, she thought to herself and wincing at the thought, it’s time to erase him from my life.

 

I don’t want this anymore.

 

Her phone beeped, it’s bright light flashing on top of the coffee table. Wearily, she maneuvered her way over to the couch and picked up her phone. A message blinked onto her screen:

 

From: Jungkook

 

Soa, I have to tell you something

Frowning at the abrupt text, her hands flew over the keys with her brow furrowed. Jungkook wasn’t one to text so coldly. Usually, his messages would be full of quirky emoticons that reflected his childish personality.

 

From: Soa

 

What’s wrong?

 

 

From Jungkook

 

We need to talk. Can you come to meet me?

 

From: Soa

 

What is this about?

 

 

From: Jungkook

It’s about Hoseok hyung, and Hani.

 


From: Soa

 

You can keep it for yourself. I don’t want to know anything about that ing bastard.

 

Without further ado, the girl tossed her phone onto the seat next to her and looked up at the ceiling with blank eyes. If she was to forget J-Hope, she had to erase every tie and connection she had to him. She didn’t want to hear his excuses or his other lies and annoying sarcastic remarks, he could have it all to himself or tell it to Hani, she didn’t care one bit.

 

Jungkook on the other hand gripped onto his phone tightly and released a breath. Great, something must have happened between her and the said boy to cause her to act so cold towards the matter.

Chohee watched him rake a hand through his hair in frustration “What did she say?” Her worried tone was laced with concern; it was obvious that Soa meant something to her, even if they weren’t the best of friends.

 

“She said she didn’t want anything to do with him” He turned to her with panic “She probably already knows about it”

 

“Eh? How?” Chohee wondered out loud.

 

“Knowing Hoseok hyung he probably barged in her house and told her to off or something. He’s kinda bipolar like that” the maknae chuckled despite the ugly situation. His shoulders hunched a second after. “What do we do now?”

 

“We help them. We force them to talk to each other”

 

He turned angrily on the girl so suddenly that Chohee swore not only Hoseok was bipolar in the group; they all had caught the same disease. “Why are you even here? You bullied her. So why?”

 

The words made her wince and she cowered in on herself, answering in the smallest voice she could muster “I-I never did hurt her”

 

“But you didn’t do anything to stop it either” he snorted back.

 

Lowering her eyes to the ground, Chohee just bit her lip in thought. That part was true, but she wasn’t doing it because of a free will. “The reason as to why I’m helping you is because I need to make it up to Soa too. Fine, I didn’t do anything to help or protect her when she was getting bullied. But” She added as an afterthought when the former’s mouth opened to snap back “I have my reasons for staying with this group. Trust me, if I could stop hanging out with them, I would have done so years ago”

 

He held back a snigger but failed miserably when the girl shot him a glare “Oh I’m sure you’d have done so, that’s what they all say”

“What do you know about me?!” She shot back with fire spitting through her eyes. Jungkook softened when he noticed her sad gaze, and slowly changed his demeanor. “I’m sorry”

 

The girl sighed again and just got up from the park bench they had landed on some time after school trying to figure out together how to break the news to Soa. “I gotta go, or my parents will look for me”

 

“I’ll accompany you” he made a move to stand up when the girl half-smiled and shook her head in protest “It’s fine, I’ll be fine”

“Nonsense” Jungkook crossed his arms over at the back of his head and looked up at the sky “We need a plan”

 

“Oh good idea, genius” Sarcasm dripped from Chohee’s tone.

“I’ll talk with the guys, see what they can do”

 

 

 


 

 

“So wait, let me get this straight,” Namjoon straightened up in his seat and leaned over the table with both elbows placed upon the table top.”You want us to help you with Hoseok and Soa?”

 

Both girl and boy nodded in unison. Jimin sighed, leaning back onto his chair with a confused frown on his face “When are they not fighting anyway?”

 

“No no, you don’t understand” Jungkook’s eyes narrowed when he caught a glimpse Hani out of the corner of his eye entering the lunchroom “This time, hyung screwed up real bad”

 

“What did he do?” Jin took a bite of his food.

While keeping a sharp eye out for Hani, the boy summarized a brief story about what actually happened, and the Bangtan’ boy’s faces darkened considerably with each passing second. Quick glances were exchanged between the boys, and with renewed interest, they started discussing upon the solutions available to them.

 

“Let’s tie Hoseok to a chair and throw Soa onto him” Suga rubbed his hands in sadistic glee. Namjoon just sighed at the older boy and scrunched his face up “Are you serious hyung?”

 

“How about making Hoseok apologise?” Jin suggested.

 

“Hoseok apologise? He has to be forced to” Namjoon remarked.

 

V sipped his orange juice “How about the ‘damsel in distress’ prank? We scare Soa and Hoseok comes at the right moment to save her!” Punching the air in glee, the latter jumped up at the idea that his plan was a perfect plan, but the group immediately refuted it as they groaned in unison. “No Taehyung”

 

“Ah waeee?” The latter pouted.

Their scowls and glares made him shut up.

 

“Honestly, your ideas are ” Jimin slapped him jokingly on his shoulder.

 

“My ideas aren’t , you aliens don’t understand that’s why” V protested with a sulky look on his face.

 

“Excuse me, coming back to the point here’ Jungkook sighed.

 

“OH. MY. GOD. LIGHTBULB” V sprang up with alighted eyes. The maknae only blinked a few times at his hyung, before deciding that he needed all the ideas he could get. So he just gestured towards V and said “So, what is it?”

 

 

 

 

Omg I am so sorry for this late update :S I' such a bad authornim omg Im sorry *bows x 10000*. It's just that I've been overwhelmed with Scout work this time cause we're preparing for our annual camp oh god =.= But on a positive note, my exams are OVER! BOOYAH YEHET BOOM SHAKALAKAAAAA !~ 

Anyway, this is a short chappie I know, but it's just to make the plot move, THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE A BLAST TRUST ME I SWEAR HEHEHHEHEHE AUTHOR-NIM'S GONNA BLOW YOUR MINDS AWAY WITH ..... WELL YOU'LL SEEE ;) Want more Hobisoa? Comment down Below! <3 Any plot suggestions? Comment down below as well i would love to read through them :) <3 I'll reply to your comments asap! And i'm so sorry once again for the late update and for not replying to you guys :( Please forgive me, I'll make it up to you with the next chappie that is already being worked on kekekkeekeke ~ :) <3 

Love you guys! :D <3

 

P.S: What do you think about Chohee now?;)