Complete

Drawing the Line

 


He said nothing as he let her rest on his shoulder, overwhelmed by the tiredness seeping through her muscles the moment her tears stopped. She felt dehydrated, like she hadn’t drunk in forever, and if it weren’t for Hoseok’s calm comforting arms around her body, Soa was certain that she would have collapsed. His warmth made her burrow herself closer to his body, ing her nose into the depths of his sweater when she felt another set of tears overwhelm her being.

Deep down, she had never forgotten the harsh treatment of her father. The fear of standing up to him was just too much for her to bear. After all, this was the man that had taken care of her all his life, could he really be that bad?

Soa wanted to believe in the optimism, she wished that she could rely on her intuition because her heart ached whenever she thought of her father, of the one that was supposed to be one of the most important people in her life.

 

But those eyes.

They reflected everything but love. Hate, Annoyance, Irritation…everything was there, except the swirling affection for his so-called daughter.

 

Why? Why was there so much hate towards her? What had she done exactly?

 

Hoseok felt more than heard the sob jump her shoulders and tightening his grasp, he brought his hand up to her head and started caressing her hair softly, it up and down and sometimes entangling his fingers in her strands, trying to soothe the nervous wreck she had become. For the first time, Soa showcased the fragile part of herself, she held him even closer if possible and Hoseok knew that something was terribly terribly wrong. She was strong, someone that never backed down easily and was usually a pro at blocking feelings away, but looking down at her frail form, he only caught sight of the small, weakened girl in his arms, the 14-year old soul shaking with grief and desperation.

 

He needed to fix her, if she wasn’t going to fix herself.

 

Grasping onto her strands of hair and tugging softly, he made sure that her face was tilted upwards towards him and that her eyes were staring straight into his own.

“Soa,” he whispered huskily, eyes caressing every feature of her face with an adornment only Hoseok could do, “I know you’re hurt. I know you’re feeling unhappy and wretched and just…I know how it feels”

 

She gulped and diverted her gaze away from the boy, who only tugged slightly harder on her hair while saying a stern, “Look at me”

Reluctantly, the girl obliged with a frown decorating her face. Hoseok had to hold in his chuckle because already he felt like that the usual Soa wasn’t far off from returning.

 

“But you need to get yourself together. Crying won’t help” his hand reached up to cup her cheek, a finger splayed across the skin and caressing its softness, “Please, stop crying”

 

She nodded once, gulping and biting her lips in an attempt to restrain the hiccups. Hoseok was right, what was she? Five? She was a big girl, practically an adult. She should know by now that tears would not help in the first place. That was the thought that planted in her head the moment she woke up after three years, so she needed to stop being this little weakling in front of her boyfriend when she was aware that he would be there to support her.

 

It hit Soa with a pang, the realization that she had become dependent on someone, dependent on Hoseok to be more specific.

 

This was bad.

She promised herself not to trust anybody, what had it brought her?

 

Now her boyfriend would just think of her as a crybaby dammnit, she told herself off harshly inside her mind, enraged at her childish attitude.

 

The boy was aware of the fact that now that her tears have started again, there was no stopping them. Instead of acting like a jerk and rolling his eyes like he would’ve done in normal circumstances, the Hoseok present just softened and snuggled closer to her, prodding her jaw with his nose and ghosting a bunch of butterfly kisses over her skin.

 

“Wh-What are you doing?” The girl half-bubbled through her endless trail of hiccups, but then a giggle burst out of her lips when the boy continued his ministrations, though she was by far in the mood for lighthearted actions and talk.

 

A smile danced across J-hope’s lips and thus he continued nuzzling her neck, trailing kisses upon her jaw and reaching up to her ear, “See? So much prettier when you smile”

 

The hotness of his breath shot tingles down her spine, causing the latter to shrug in response.

Soa couldn’t keep the small smile off her face; trust Hoseok to make her happy in the weirdest moments. But a rush of warmth exploded through her heart at his effort. He really was concerned about her; it felt good to be loved and cherished by someone you knew wasn’t going to let go of you no matter how hard the tide was.

 

How the heck did she land herself someone as precious as him? God, she must’ve been a Samaritan in her previous life.

 

With his two hands, he then took hold of both her cheeks and stretched them apart so that her lips were pulled upwards, “There, you’re smiling now” the fact that he had on his pokerface wasn’t helping the situation, and the girl burst out laughing in his face while swatting his hands away from her.

 

“You’re impossible” She murmured before getting attacked once more by his arms. He leaned in to peck her forehead, lips lingering a bit more than the usual, “Cheer up, okay? We’ll sort it out after”

 

“For now,” He rubbed her back soothingly as his lips trailed down to her cheek, “Don’t think about it”

 

Slowly, gently, like he was holding on to a piece of porcelain and feared that it broke with just mere air, he cupped Soa’s face and brushed her remaining tears away before leaning in to press a chaste kiss upon her lips.

 

Their foreheads pressed together, their breaths swirling.

 

His eyes held so much emotion, so much intensity that she had to look away from him, dragging her eyes down when they unconsciously landed on his plush lips.

They looked so red and inviting, moist from the kiss they just shared. Before she knew what she was doing, the girl leaned forward and pressed her lips timidly against his, a soft caress of a feather upon his mouth, eyes fluttering shut. J-Hope had never felt the butterflies go as fast as they were at this moment, and the fast pacing of his pulse wasn’t helping matters especially when all he could picture were fireworks bursting behind his eyelids.

 

She pulled away with a wobbly smile, “Thank you”

Nothing would have stopped the boy from missing the embarrassment filling her face as soon as he averted her gaze looked at everything but him. Chuckling at her never-ending cute acts, Hoseok just bumped his head lightly against hers in response and hugged her against him before switching on the tv, determined in distracting the girl as far as possible from the incident that had just scarred her for life, probably.

 

Reaching down towards her hand, he entwined his fingers with hers and brought it up to his mouth; letting his lips caress her skin there.

 

Soa managed to keep herself from meeping out loud, instead busying herself trying to remove her hand from his grasp. But he wasn’t having any of that, instead pulling her harshly so that she fell against his chest. When she looked up at him through her eyelashes with confusion clear in her brown orbs, the boy only rested his gaze on the tv screen, a smirk drawn across his features.

He’d never get tired of her reactions, of her.

 

 

 


 

When Hoseok woke up the next morning, he was surprised to find the girl missing from his arms, only her crease where she had sat on the couch present as he dropped his hand and frowned. It was not in Soa’s usual habit to wake up before him and for a second he panicked, his heart suddenly jumping out of his chest at the numerous possibilities that could’ve happened to her.

 

Scrambling up into an upright position, it was then that he heard the sound of sizzling oil onto the pan.

 

Huh?

 

More than a little confused by this turn of events, the boy got up and slowly tiptoed over to the source of the sound, which was found in the kitchen. He caught sight of her back as she flipped a pancake, hair tied up into a tight ponytail with random strands falling to frame her cute neck. He couldn’t help himself admiring the soft baby hair that was resting at the base of her nape, and chuckled slightly because it looked so cute to his eyes, like a newborn baby. The smell of food eroded his nostrils and for a moment Hoseok thought that she might be burning the kitchen down. However, watching her now the boy was pleased to see that she had adapted his own cooking methods and was clumsily handling it alone.

 

The temptation of kissing the life out of her crept into his mind, but he brushed it away knowing it wasn’t the moment especially when she was just clad in a large t-shirt that reached past her mid-thighs, making the boy wonder exactly what was hidden beneath the white cloth.

 

Tiptoeing up to her, Hoseok snuck his arms around her waist and relished in the gasp that left her, whispering a soft “Morning” in the shell of her ear.

 

The girl jumped with a soft squeal, turning to shoot him a scowl for causing her heart to jump out in fright. But the boy only replied by nuzzling his face into her cheek, “What’s the special occasion?”

 

“This is my kitchen,” Soa’s brow met at the center before placing the last slightly burnt pancake onto a plate and switching off the gas stove, “Do I need a reason to cook?”

 

Hoseok leaned away to chuckle at her frustrated expression, “but you hate cooking” he noted as the girl’s cheeks flushed red at the truth tumbling out of his mouth. Pushing him away with as much force as she could, Soa threw him a glare that could’ve shriveled up any individual on the spot.

 

 Anyone but him.

 

 “Shut up! For your information, I was trying to cook for you!”

 

Her statement caused a huge -eating grin to break across J-Hope’s face, “For me?” He teased, leaning in closer as his nose brushed hers.

The girl leaned away slightly and rolled her eyes, “Oh stop teasing” but her cheeks were saying otherwise, as red as a fire engine before she huffed slightly and turned away from him to get the plate of pancakes onto the table. But no sooner had she turned that the boy decided he didn’t really like her attitude, and clasped her waist to bring her back to him before landing a morning kiss smack on .

 

Soa stumbled back, more red-faced than ever and clamping a hand onto . Her wide eyes regarded him with shock and more than a little exasperation, “Stop doing that!” She exclaimed.

 

He caught her once more in his strong arms with a chesire cat smile dangling on his lips, leaning down once again to press another peck on .

Soa was about to pull away when he deepened the kiss, pressing his body closer to her and tightening his grasp on the middle. The girl gasped in response as his mouth worked against her own, his teeth grazing against her lower lip before he tugged and nibbled on the now red flesh. softly like a baby, Hoseok then ran his tongue over her lip before slipping past them fluidly. The girl grumbled some more before leaning in to kiss him back at the slightest, causing him to smile into the kiss.

 

She broke away for air, panting slightly, “the pancakes are getting cold”

 

“You sure you didn’t put poison in that food?” Hoseok asked as they brought out all the breakfast things onto the table. Unconsciously, his hand wept up to her hair before ruffling it then smoothing it down.

 

Soa narrowed her eyes at him, and then smirked, “well don’t eat it then”

“Meanie” he pulled a face.

 

“Right back at you” She replied with a chuckle.

 

 


 

 

“Hello!~” Chohee didn’t hesitate to press the doorbell multiple times before opening the already ajar door, peeking in with a smile presented on her face. Soa and Hoseok had been busy cleaning up the house and making sure that it was ready for another week to come when their friends had barged in without any warning.

 

Soa looked at her incredulously but didn’t say anything, instead raising a brow and crossing her arms over her chest, giving her a pointed look.

 

“I brought you your favorite food; Omelette Rice! don’t you dare look at me like that” Chohee shot back before placing the said plastic bag on the table, walking over to her friend and instantly wrapping her arms around her, “How do you feel?”

 

“I’m better” Soa replied gratefully, for once hugging her back.

 

“You know we’re here right? We at being good friends but we’re here” Chohee answered with another squeeze while Soa slapped her shoulder lightly in response, chuckling at her attempt to lighten tings up. With Chohee here, she felt like she had some support at her other side, the girly pride that Hoseok wouldn’t understand. She had never really experienced being close friends with a girl and now that she had this close sisterly bond, Soa felt like she could confide anything in her.

 

“Hey don’t forget me as well” Jungkook’s voice floated from the corridor, lumbering in with a bag of fizzy drinks. He dropped it upon seeing Soa’s form and rushed to her side before tackling her into a massive bear hug, “SOA! I MISSED YOU!”

 

“We saw each other yesterday, ” Soa replied while hugging him back hesitantly.

Jungkook drew back with a grin, “Yeah but yesterday you looked like you just-OW!” He glared accusingly at his girlfriend when she innocently darted her eyes away, holding the spot on the back of his head where Chohee’s hand had slammed right in.

“What was that for?!” He cried. For a moment, the boy felt the world tilt sideways because of Chohee’s punch. It didn’t surprise anybody since the girl was practically a black belt in martial arts.

 

“Maybe to slap some sense into you” she sniggered back. Soa then caught sight of Hoseok emerging from the bathroom and caught his gaze. He didn’t give anything away, but the way he looked at her caused her body to shiver with giddiness. His maroon orbs were so gentle and tender, she felt herself reddening before looking away and clearing loudly.

 

“Anyway, we brought pizza as well for the rest” Chohee started unpacking the food while Jungkook went through her cupboards to search for the utensils. It was funny how even though they weren’t part of the household, they somehow knew exactly where everything was placed. A sense of warmth rushed to Soa’s chest, her face breaking into a soft but timid smile.

 

She really was smiling more theses days, what was happening to all the walls?

 

“Hey don’t forget us!” another voice boomed from outside. Stunned, her head turned to watch in surprise when two individuals appeared on her doorstep. She felt her jaw go slack at the sight of Namjoon pulling onto Hani’s jacket sleeve as they tumbled through the doorway; the boy withholding a sheepish smile on his face while the girl was just flabbergasted at the whole thing.

 

Well, the more the merrier, they say.


 

Another update for you guys hehe~ <3 

DID YOU GUYS LIKE THE HOBISOA INTERACTION? I SWEAR OMG THEY'RE STARTING TO BECOME A REAL SHIP I SHOULD TOTALLY DO A TRAILER OR SOMETHING BECAUSE GAAWDDD MY FEELS!~ /okay i'm sorry for spazzing over my own characters but seriously, no one can deny the cutenesss man!/ Unfortunately i at videomaking :( 

oh well, i guess i'll just have to deal with my imagination xD 

Anyway, this is just kind of a filler chappie of Hoseok and Soa's relationship as he tries to mend her scars. He's softer and more gentle with her because of the incident, that's so cute <3 Btw guys would you like some Chokook moments as well included in the chapters? Comment your thoughts down below! 

man everytime i read all your comments they make me so bubbly and happy i feel like celebrating because really you guys are the sweetest i don't know what i would do without you like seriously i love you all! <3 

Comment, subscribe and upvote! 

Thanks to all new subbies! Welcome to the family! <3