Crack in the Armor

Drawing the Line

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

“So Hobi, you and Kang Soa eh?” Namjoon slung his arm around the older’s shoulders. Even if they were 2 months apart, he didn’t hesitate to call him informally just like he would with his friends, and Hoseok only rolled his eyes upon hearing that girl’s name. 

 

“I think Hobi’s found love” Suga grinned lopsidedly and made the latter want to slap that grin off his face. 

 

“Hoseok and love?” Jin made a face

 

“Oh please, he wouldn’t even know about love even if it stared at him right in the face” Jimin scoffed, stopping at his locker to exchange his books “No offense, hyung” 


J-Hope stuck out his tongue at him “None taken, shortie” 

“HAHAHA!” Jungkook high-fived the said boy and together they teased Jimin’s height, causing the boy’s cheeks to flare up in a fierce blush cast over his cheeks. 

‘I’m working on it, okay! You brat!” He pointed at Jungkook “I’m your hyung!” 

 

“Sorry” Jungkook ruffled his hair “I didn’t quite hear you, you see my ear’s up there” 

 

“I’m gonna get you one day, Jeon Jungkook” Jimin glared “And then you’ll regret it” 

 

“Oh yeah~” J-Hope drawled into his fake English accent as the maknae burst out laughing. He couldn’t help it, the fact that short Jimin was trying to threaten him was just all too cute for his own good. 

 

“Abracadabra HAKUNA MATATA” Taehyung suddenly blurted. Everyone stopped to look at him with weird looks on their faces, before another series of laughter ensued. That was V for you, always the 4D weirdo that talked to aliens. 

 

“It’s about time we took him to a psychiatrist, don’t you think?” Namjoon spoke as if Taehyung wasn’t there, turning to Jin and wriggling his eyebrows. 

 

“Well, didn’t you take your sweet time to figure that out” Jin’s eyebrow rose as he sent him another pointed look. 

 

“Hey Hobi, speaking of the devil..” Suga nudged the said boy, who turned just in time to spot Soa walking down the hall while juggling the books in her hand. All the boys threw looks amongst themselves, glances and sniggers that went unseen by J-Hope when Namjoon suddenly walked up to her and sent her a boyish grin that exploded his dimples across his face. 

 

Soa stopped and blinked. 

What now? 

 

“Hey, you’re Kang Soa right?” He drawled into this y accent. If she had been another other girl, she would’ve probably already shriveled up in front of him and gone all weak in the legs. But if Soa was even affected by his charm, nothing showed up onto her pokerfaced mask as she stepped past him to reach her locker. 

 

“Soa-ah!” Jungkook cheered and approached her like an excited puppy wagging his tail. If he did have one it would’ve thumped harshly against the floor. 

The girl looked up at his voice, and surprisingly J-Hope saw a small, a very minimal one at that, but still a smile grace her face as quickly as a shadow would pass by. 

 

“Here, let me help you with that” Jimin only sent her a wink when he gathered all her books in his own muscular arms while Soa frowned and tried getting them back. 

“No no no” He pulled away, “let me help you, these are heavy” he noted truthfully. 


“Don’t be sad, no no no~” Taehyung shook his hips and imitated Apink’s “No no no” song. 

 

“Oh my god” Jungkook facepalmed himself. 

 

Namjoon threw V a stare, his mouth agape “Stick to boy dances, dude, boy dances” 

 

“Apink sunbaes are so awesome, don’t you think so?” V chattered. 


Suga turned to the younger boy “okay. To the doctor, now” 

 

J-Hope let the small chitchat between his friends slip past his ears while he gazed at Jimin and Jungkook talking very casually to Soa. He wasn’t used to get distracted that easily and would usually be found being the most talkative amongst all of them, but why couldn’t he look away from Soa even if he wanted to? He feared that Jungkook or Jimin would steal her away, that’s why. To him, she was the one that he had found first, she was his prey, his toy he could push and pull, not theirs. 

 

Not to forget the fact that she didn’t seemed bothered by it at all. 

 

“Hey, I have your jacket” Her voice snapped his head to the side, watching her giving Jungkook’s blazer back to him. Jealousy burst through his bloodstream and threatened to burst his veins, one throbbing at his temple. So not only did she take Hoseok’s jacket yesterday, but Jungkook’s as well? When was that anyway? He clenched his fists unconsciously. He hated how he felt powerless against everything that was sweeping through him like a tide of emotions hitting him all at one go. It annoyed him to death. What annoyed him all the more was that he couldn’t understand why this was happening to him. The blazer reminded him none too well about yesterday flashing back behind his eyelids. 

“Aish, are you stupid or what?” J-hope yanked on her arm so that she fell against his chest. Around them, the rain was falling at a rapid pace without any sign that it was going to stop soon. Grasping her body close to his under his blazer, they ran across the roads while water seeped through their shoes. Soa was supposed to flinch when the icy drops came into contact with her skin, almost sizzling from it’s cold touch, but instead a giggle burst out of her lips, a giggle as pure as a newborn baby. 

 

Hoseok frowned at her. “What’s so funny?” 

“Nothing” she giggled again when another drop plopped onto her nose, letting out a sharp ‘oh!’ and staring cross-eyed at her nose.

 

 He rolled his eyes and bit his lip in order not to smile. Truth to be told, Soa’s giggle was cute and he wondered briefly how she sounded like when laughing. It was the first time he felt a tone of happiness present in her voice other than the usual sarcasm, and he wished him to be the only one. 

She pulled out her phone to check for messages and the boy took this chance to swipe it out of her hand, inserting his own number, miscalling himself and tossing it back to her with a smirk on his lips. 

“What makes you think I want your number?” she grumbled. 

“didn’t ask for your permission”

 

“Where are we going?” Soa asked while they walked closely together. An electric sizzle shot up her shoulder every time it brushed his, but every time she moved away it would only result in the boy pulling her closer and scolding her for being so stupid because damn it, as he would say, can’t you ing see that it’s raining? 

He had a point there, but still. 

 

Unlike his usually -like self, he was being quite considerate to her. They were supposed to be enemies, they despised each other’s guts to hell; and yet here he was shielding her from the rain like a friend, like she actually meant something more than jut trash to him. Soa hated herself for being so naïve, being so vulnerable when at any time when he felt like it he could push her and she’d fall. He could, if he wanted to. 

But he didn’t. 

 

“Home” 

She frowned “You don’t even know where I live” 

The boy almost choked. Of course he wasn’t supposed to know. Clearing his throat, he asked “Where do you live?” 

 

Soa narrowed her eyes “How do I know you won’t me once we get there? Or perhaps kidnap me and ask for ransom?” 

 

He laughed. It was dry and hollow; very sarcastic “Like I would even imagine doing that. Trust me if I wanted to, I’d choose a girl, not trash” 

 

Ouch, right in her heart. “You’re a ing jerk, Jung Hoseok”Angry tears threatened to spill out of her eyes, and she was glad for rain because it masked her tears, she had an excuse, she could cry all she wanted and no one would know. Biting her lip and turning away, she was about to take a step into the blasting rain when Hoseok’s hand on her arm held her in place. 

 

“I’m not letting you wander alone at this hour” he said sharply “I’ll be the culprit if someone does decide to you” 

 

“Let me go” Soa’s teeth gritted together as she pulled against his force “Let me go, you bastard” 

“No.” 

 

“Let me go!” 

 

“Stop fighting, woman” He rolled his eyes while she continued squirming against his hold. Almost successfully wringing herself out of his grip, her feet were ready to make a dash for it when Hoseok pulled her back so violently she crashed against his chest. 

 

“You’re so ing stubborn!” He growled into her hair. Her eyes, wide and scared upon feeling the proximity of their bodies- or let’s say the lack of distance between each of them-squeezed shut. It wasn’t helping that his defined muscled arms were pressing her to him practically pushing her face into his chest and forcing her to drown into his manly scent. 

 

She’d lie if she said that he didn’t smell good. 

On the contrary, he smelt heavenly

When he pulled back, he noticed her brown orbs swimming with confusion and mostly open with a daze that seemed to send her far away from reality. he opened his mouth to make a snarky comment when he noticed how close they were, and gulped when feeling her breaths rolling into his face, their noses almost touching. 

 

What the are you doing, Jung Hoseok? PULL THE AWAY, NOW!

He coughed and pushed her so suddenly she stumbled back into the rain. 

“Take it” he flung his jacket to her and didn’t even wait for any confirmation, just turned his back and walked away with his blood still pumping in his veins like he had just run a race. The goosebumps wouldn’t stop coming and going up and down his arms, and small butterflies adorned his lower abdomen weren’t helping either. 

ARGH WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH ME!

 

 

Maybe he was sick. 

That made much more sense. 

 

“Ah, you could’ve kept it” he was pulled out of his daze by Jungkook’s voice, sheepishly taking his clothing from her and swinging it around his shoulder as the girl rolled her eyes and took the books from Jimin’s arms. 

 

“And then what? I would’ve owed you. I don’t want that” With a final swing of her metal door, she clamped it shut with her finger scrolling lazily against the locker. 

 

“Yah Kang Soa” he glared at her from beneath his fringe. If looks could kill, Soa would’ve already been dead and murdered by now. She tried not cringing at the sight of him “Don’t you have any shame, taking other guy’s blazers?” 

 

He said it so mockingly, so casually like he had been born with this -like attitude and yet she couldn’t understand his bipolar behavior towards her, because sometimes he was nice and the next was a fierce tiger wanting to play with it’s prey. 

 

“That’s not what you told me last night when you lent me yours’ went upon it’s own accord and she blurted out their activity after school in front of their group. The BTS boys gasped and looked at Hoseok who in turn looked away and gulped again. 

 

“You guys were together after school?!” Jimin’s voice rose an octave from his surprise. 

Namjoon wriggled his brows and nudged the latter “Eh, they went on a date!” 

 

Soa scoffed “date? I’d die before I dated someone like him” She sneered. 

“Right back at you , I don’t date trash” J-Hope snapped. 

 

“Yeah you’re right” she nodded “ like you can’t date trash. like you don’t date” 

 

The BTS boys in a breath and Taehyung motioned a slitting throat gesture to Jungkook, who went by Soa’s side and laid a hand on her arm in an attempt to calm her down “Y-Yah, Soa. It’s not worth fighting-“

 

“No.” She wrenched her arm away from him and ignored the hurt flashing across his eyes “I stayed quiet for too long. He needs to learn how to respect people”

 

“I don’t respect trash, nobody does you ” Hoseok snarled and pushed Jin away when he tried pulling at Hoseok, murmuring “Yah, that’s enough Hobi” 


“I apologized that one time I slapped you. I was genuinely sorry” Soa took a deep breath, eyes as hard as steel and her fists curling at her sides “But then again, you deserve that” 

“Hey guys, break it up-“ Namjoon reasoned but got cut off by J-Hope himself. 

 

“-And you deserve to be treated like the you are!” He felt his ropes of tension snapping, the limits have been pushed too far, and right now Kang Soa was in the danger zone. Before he knew it, he was sprouting hurtful words in her direction for he growled “No wonder you don’t have a boyfriend, who’d want an ugly like you!?” 

 

He regretted it the second it was out of his mouth. 

 

 

“Yah!” Suga pulled onto the latter’s shirt violently, almost reprimanding him “What’s gotten into you?!” 

“Soa,” Jungkook watched a series of expressions cross her face; from shock, to pure horror, to sudden acceptance and suddenly to an abashed desperation. No, he didn’t want her to get hurt; he could read it as easily in the desolation written all over her features. He took a step towards her and watched the girl take a step back while his shoulders sagged. “Soa, wait-“ 

 

“Don’t.” her voice, she didn’t even recognize it as her own. It was so meek, so childlike, so weak. 

 

“Soa-yah, this jerk doesn’t know what he’s saying- “ “-Don’t” She repeated, stepping back from them and dropping her things all too suddenly. Her bags and books crashed to the floor before her feet took a life of their own and she dashed away without giving the boys a chance to hold her back. 

 

Jungkook angrily to J-Hope “What the ’s wrong with you, hyung?!” 

“Kookie, yah-“ 

 

“She’s right. You’re a real ing bastard” The maknae sneered. The group was taken aback by his lack of formal speech, too surprised to stop him from walking away from the crime scene. From afar, Lee Hani watched the scene with a doubtful look in her eyes. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Soa took a sick leave for the rest of the day and went to hide in her safe haven called her home. She didn’t hesitate to fling herself onto her bed and bury her face into the comforting smell of her pillows. This was calm, this was stable, and this was her.

 

She didn’t cry. 

Soa barely cried, and the desire to instantly disappeared as soon as she stepped into her sanctuary. 

 

 Since her encounter with J-Hope that morning, all she could think of was of the knife-stabbing words he projected and let fall from his lips. Soa tried hard, so hard to build up this image of a cold and emotionless girl that didn’t care about any little , and yet when she came face to face with him it was like fire had ignited the calm buzzing of the forest. She felt like a dynamite next to him, always waiting for that particular button to push, or more precisely, the buttons he liked to push so much. Her heartstrings were flipping from side to side and snapping; sometimes one by one, sometimes all at once causing her to lurch to the side and think back to what exactly did she do in her past life to deserve everything that has been thrown to her face. She yearned to die if this was the way she’d have to continue living. No human could go through all this alone, no human had the right to be beaten down until everything had been stolen away from them. First, it was her teenage years, her chance to develop into this beautiful butterfly like all her friends did, then it was the competition between her and her sister, to finally come to her own school and how she was bullied day by day. 

 

She bet that his fangirls were satisfied now that he’d done it, now that he made a crack through that steel armor of hers. 

 

How was it even possible that she was that weak in front of him? He had the ability to break her down and hit her in all the right places so that she crumbled. How was he able to do that? Nobody had until he came along. 

 

If only she could go back. 

If only she could go back to the time before the accident. 

Then, she wouldn’t have to think of all this, she wouldn’t have met J-Hope, she wouldn’t have been the outcast. 


 

Here's another chapter up! ^^ 

OOOHH CAN YOU FEEL THE TENSION BETWEEN SOA AND JHOPE? GAAWD IT'S KILLING ME I'M RESTRAINING MYSELF FOR THE SAKE OF THE FANFIC BUT IF I WAS THAT GIRL GODDAMN. /dies/ 

BTW, WAR OF HORMONES JUST KILLED ME OH MA ING GADD LIKE PLZZZ BTS. 

 

Sooo....which ship should we sail? SoaKookie couple or HobiSoa couple? ;) 

Comment down below! <3 

Thanks to all those who subscribed once again, and my commenters i can't thank you guys enough for supporting me and giving me encouragement throughout the chapters :) 
I love you guys 

 

 sleep well Hobi, rest well BTS :( 

 

P.S GUYS GUYS GUYS BTS IS LOSING TO SUPER JUNIOR! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK BELOW AND VOTE FOR THEM GAWD THOSE BABIES DESERVE IT! C'MONNN ARMY'S SHOW ME WHAT YOU GUYS GOT! <3

 

Vote for BTS (CLICK!)