Only The Beginning

Drawing the Line

 

 

  

 

 


Ever since that encounter with Hoseok, Soa’s life had taken a turn for the worse.

With him around, everybody knew who she was, what she did, how she was.

She hated the attention, loathed it with her entire being. Before, she had been the transparent piece of glass that no one really took time to notice and look. Now, she could be compared with a Red Bull banner with the amount of glared and scowls that got sent her way. And sometimes there wasn’t even any reason; the girls just disliked her because Hoseok had talked to her. If they really had used their brains, they wouldn’t have found the situation as pleasant as they thought it was. But Soa had a feeling that no matter what the circumstances, they would’ve loved being in her place just so that they could gain the said boy’s attention.

 

That wasn’t all.

Jung Hoseok she now knew was someone that stuck by his promise no matter what. He was now everywhere, anywhere making her life hell and practically causing her to fall a million times a day. For example, he would find pleasure in hitting her shoulder roughly as he passed by, making sure that she would stumble and actually miss a step in order for him to be satisfied.

 

The first time he did it, Soa had tripped to the side and banged onto the lockers as her elbow throbbed with the sudden impact of the metal coming in contact with the hard steel.

“What the hell” She cursed under her breath. Unfortunately for her, it seemed like Hoseok had ears of a bat for he turned and sent her a glare that would’ve caused any other girl to shrivel up and die right there.

Including Soa, but she wasn’t about to tell him that.

“What? Did you get hurt?” He mocked, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

Sending him a scowl of her own, she decided not to reply him just to piss him off, instead gathering her things and walking right past him like nothing had ever happened. It may have appeared like she was a cold girl that wasn’t scared of anything, but inside she was just a trembling ball of fear. Any moment she was scared that he would grab her again and really fling her out of the five-story building this time.

 

This was on a good day, when he didn’t feel like messing around with her. On worst days, he would find her at her locker and insult her right in her face just enough to make her the laughing stock of the whole school for about the whole week.

 

“Well look who’s still here” Soa had never understood how he knew exactly where she would be at all the right times and the right places, and to be honest it creeped her out of her comfort zone knowing that he was suspected as a stalker on her list.

She ignored him, opening her locker to exchange her books when it suddenly closed right into her face, barely missing her nose and threatening to have crushed her fingers against the door.

Angrily, she turned to him “Are you crazy?!”

“Don’t ing ignore me Kang Soa” His voice had taken a tone darker, a tad more threatening than what he normally used, and his eyes flashed with a feeling of danger that left Soa breathless with fear. “How dare you even show your face to me when you’re the one who disgraced yourself in front of everyone?”

He leaned in to her personal space, making sure that she was trapped between the locker, his arm next to her head and his body crouched over hers. “After all, you’re the exhibitionist here” A smirk curved his lips “When’s the next show?”

 

Keep calm. There’s no use fighting him, you’ll be wasting your time, Soa chanted like a mantra inside her head, her lips biting down hard and her teeth clenching together so that she wouldn’t have to reply back. Then maybe he would let her go without a scratch or a scar.

 

Taking a deep breath, she then said in the most robot-like manner possible “Are you done?”

 

There, she had presented him with the side he detested the most because he thought it didn’t affect her in any way. From his facial expressions, Soa knew that he loved seeing her face twisted in fury more than he cared about their surroundings. Which was why Soa always kept her cool and calm pokerface just too annoy the hell out of him.

 He rarely gave up though.

 He pulled and pushed her buttons until she really exploded, and then he would leave with a sharp snigger at how stupid she actually looked and would she please stop being a hindrance to anybody, not that they minded because she was like air to them, always taken for granted.

Soa knew about it, Soa had always been aware of her transparency, but hearing the words fall out of J-Hope’s mouth with a mocking smirk twisting his face into victory made her heartstrings pull and coil at his words. It felt like he was using a mallet to drive through her soul, piercing it and wringing out every little piece of humanity that was still left in her.

She hated to admit it, but Hoseok was doing a good job.

At making her life hell, that is.

 

“You’re really worthless, you know that?” He would sneer as he passed by her.

 

“Nobody wants you, if it weren’t for me, nobody would even know your name”

“You’re a waste of space Kang Soa”

 

The words were just words to him, but to Soa it meant everything. They said that words couldn’t hurt as much as you think they do, but those people, they were wrong. The words drove through her like a knife being stabbed into her chest with the wound still overflowing with blood, making sure that she was to be drained of every little drop available in her body.

I hate you; she wanted to scream at him, to see his pretty little face get the shock of his life. I really hate you, you bastard!

 

What ticked her off the most though was how he loved tripping her on the stairs. She would be walking down and the said boy going up. Soa tried gluing herself against the wall and make her appear as small as possible, wishing in those instant that she was truly ignored. But J-Hope had already seen her so it was quite useless of her part, because just as she took another step forward he stuck out his booted foot, so that the girl tripped down and resulted in having scabbed knees and elbows.

Soa could only glare at him with all her might, thinking that if she glared hard enough a curse might befall upon him.

“Oops” he would snigger “Sorry not sorry”

 

 

 

 


 

“He’s a prick, he thinks he’s so cool doing all that stuff” Kimchi wagged his tail in understanding as Soa scratched behind his ears, sighing to herself and running a frustrated hand into her ponytail “Urgh! I HATE HIM!”

“Woof!” Kimchi barked like he was trying to comfort her. Even with the bad mishaps that happened during the day, the girl still spared him a small smile adorning her lips. A true smile, a genuine one, one that let down her mask of fear and coldness for a second.

“That’s right” Soa cuddled him, glad to have at least one individual that seemingly cared about her. “You’ll protect me, right?”

“Woof!”

“Sometimes,” She murmured while rubbing her nose into Kimchi’s white fur “I wish I could turn back time, erase everything that happened until that day where I had an accident” She looked down at Kimchi with a solemn look in her eyes “And maybe then, I would have been a normal girl with a normal boyfriend. I wouldn’t have to protect myself from people, I wouldn’t be scared of them”

What were her friends doing at this instant? Were they gossiping about the latest trends and that Miranda Kerr had traveled to their home country? Were they checking out handsome boys together, giggling in the corridors like they used to when Soa was younger? She could only wonder. They hadn’t even bothered to keep in touch with her after she moved- possibly even forgetting about her existence since they hadn’t been on such good terms when she left. The day she was gathering all her things and cleaning her locker, one of her former best friends named Park Jiyoung came up to her and said:

“You know Soa, you’ve changed a lot. Maybe transferring would make you stop acting like a high and mighty

Ouch, that hurt. Especially when it came from Jiyoung’s mouth, someone that Soa had thought was on her side all along.

 

“I should get going Kimchi” Her train of thought broke off when the said puppy it’s whole body in between her legs, not wanting to see the girl return to class as Soa only chuckled, patting it one last time before going back to her class.

 

It was when she was walking along the grassy pathway leading to the main hall when a sudden gush of water came pouring down on her.

 

Splash!

 

The water wasn’t just water. It was cold and bitter and every negative feeling that Soa was sure J-Hope’s fangirls had accumulated from the very day he started paying attention to someone as insignificant, or so they said. Instead of feeling like crying, her anger boosted through her blood, making it pump through her veins when she looked up to see the group of girls retreating from the edge so that she was unable to identify who had actually done that. Her muscles froze in place, her hair dripping wet from the sudden attack, and her school shirt practically soaked to her underwear. Oh no, her shirt.

Looking down, it dawned upon her that it was actually see through, meaning that right now anyone passing by would see her bra and no, Soa wasn’t a willing exhibitionist. She needed a change of clothes, and she needed them now.

She couldn’t possibly run all the way to the school shop office, people were bound to see her walking around half-, and it was bad enough that the whole school population was aware of the war involving her and one of the popular boys of Bangtan. Sighing, she had no choice but to scramble through her bag and praying that there was actually something that could help her wipe herself off or even cover her body.

No such luck, the girl’s sigh reflected more irritation than actually worry for her well-being. It didn’t even cross her mind that she might fall sick because of that; instead worry seeping through her when she realized she was out of options.

 

Someone coughed behind her.

 

She swiveled around in shock. “U-Um..” the words of protest died on her lips when she noticed his good-looking features. Quite ashamed of herself, the girl preferred looking back down to analyze that broken hole that was becoming bigger and bigger by the second. She’ll have to buy another pair sometime.


“Are you okay?” his masculine voice sent shivers down her spine. Biting her lip, she successfully avoided his eyes and nodded vigorously, hoping that it was enough for him to mind his own business and make as if she wasn’t there. Compared to being humiliated in such a way, Soa decided that it was better to be ignored. Wasn’t the answer obvious that she was not okay at all?

 

He took a step towards her, his expression still unsure. “Do you have a change of clothes?”

No, the last thing she wanted was for him show some concern for her. If that was to happen, she would have to be grateful for him, and if he was expecting her to continue talking to him after he has helped her, well she didn’t trust herself to, because she was too scared of attaching herself to people, and in the end feeling hurt because of all their lies and untrustworthiness. Just like her friends in her old high school, they deserted her once they realized she wasn’t to be of any use to them anymore.

 

He suddenly laid a jacket over her shoulders, and a gasp left Soa’s lips while she raised her head to look at the stranger, who surprisingly had a teasing smile on his face “Here, just take it”

 

Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets “I…I don’t need it, really”

“You’re not gonna walk around in practically your underwear right?” he raised a brow, resisting a chuckle as the girl’s cheeks flushed red at his statement, her eyes lowering back to the ground once again and shuffling her feet on the ground, murmuring something along the lines of “Thank you”.


“I’m sorry, can you repeat what you just said?” He leaned in towards her, his grin growing when she stumbled back and looked away, her face as red as a tomato and if she wasn’t careful, her heart might explode from the embarrassment. She wished that a hole would just open up for her and swallow her whole. Not only was he handsome with those twinkling brown eyes and jet black hair well-styled enough to make him pass for a not-so good student, but the fact that he towered over her intimidated Soa even more.

 

“Thank you” she blurted out, biting her lip and turning away.

The boy watched her walk away with his hands in his pockets, a lingering smile on his lips. “So that’s the Kang Soa Hobi hyung’s talking about?”

 


Sooo who's the mysterious boy? :D GUESS! *hides behind a corner* 

I hope this is not too boring, but as i said this will be quite a long story...i think? Well hope you enjoyed this one! What do you think of Hoseok's character? 

:)