Unfocused

Drawing the Line

 


They met up with Hani and Hoseok an hour and a half later for lunch, and Soa wasn’t surprised to find multiple bags piled up in the girl’s arms. Hoseok was trailing after her with hands in his pockets, pulling out a chair and surprisingly taking his place next to Soa. The girl blinked, mildly surprised at his action. Why would he sit next to her when he had his childhood friend Hani? – No scratch that, his childhood sweetheart.

 

He’s been in love with her since forever” Namjoon had stated when they sat down in Mcdonald’s.

 

“But they never actually went out. In my point of view, Hani was just playing with him” Jimin said with a shrug of his shoulders.

“That’s why we don’t like her” V added.

 

Soa was aware of their close relationship, and would’ve found out sooner or later since it was quite prominent in her eyes. Although she had no right to, there was a sort of uneasy feeling in her stomach that caused her the loss of her appetite. Suddenly she didn’t feel like eating anymore and pushed her plate of fries away. The boys looked at her in concern.

“Eat, Soa’ Namjoon pushed the plate towards her.

Shaking her head, the girl just sent him a grim smile in reply.


“No wonder you’re so grumpy all the time. You need energy!” Taehyung waved his burger around, mouth full of beef particles.


“Ew, no talking while eating” Jimin pushed the younger boy away in disgust.

 

“Oppa,” Hani stabbed a piece of leafy lettuce from her salad- Soa cringed- and held it out to Hoseok “You want some?”

The boy shook his head, eyes cast downwards.

 

“Oppa, no wonder you’re so thin” She pouted and ate the piece of lettuce instead. Her crunchy munching reminded Soa of a horse snacking on a piece of carrot.

 

Taehyung snorted, “Hyung doesn’t eat salads”

“Eh?” Hani blinked.

“Hyung hates salads actually” Jimin added.

 

Still, Hoseok didn’t utter a word. His gaze narrowed and through the corner of his eyes watched Soa. She was picking at the fries, dipping it in some barbecue sauce and placing it in before all of it to re-dip it again. When his eyes zeroed in on her lips, he couldn’t look away. They looked so soft and inviting and everything that he yearned to taste. If only he leaned in just a little, his mouth would hover over her own patch of rose, and if he pressed hard enough, he might get a taste of those soft, sweet, supple-

 

“Oppa?”

His head whipped back towards Hani who was gaping at him in bewilderment.

“You’ve been staring at Soa like a creep” Taehyung said with a snigger.


“Yeah hyung, tone it down a little” Jimin chuckled, taking a bite of his burger although he had sworn just two days ago that he was on a diet and no one was going to stop him from losing those 2 kgs that supposedly made all the difference.

“I wasn’t ing staring” Hoseok snapped.

 

Namjoon leaned back in his seat while checking his phone “Hey guys” he called after reading the message “I think I’m going soon. Mom needs me in her shop”

 

“We’ll accompany you there” Taehyung proposed while they all nodded. They finished their food and started for the flea market where Namjoon’s mother owned a bubble tea store right next to the mall, a popular one that school kids loved going on weekdays and even throughout the weekend, or more precisely; girls. The reason as to why they did buy such a huge amount of bubble tea was just to catch Namjoon’s eye although he wasn’t really interested in customers and usually looked right through them. BTS had mercilessly numerous times until the said boy did offer them his position. The fact that they all attracted a mass of girls in such a short amount of time was enough to make Bangtan shut up.

After all, they weren’t really fond of girls following them around; the kingkas were there for that. And they were NOT the kingkas.

 

As soon as Hoseok saw his chance- he noticed that Soa was lagging behind due to her face being absorbed by her phone- he grabbed her hand and tugged her away from the group, dashing towards the farthest part of the flea market and ducking towards a route where more and more shops crowded around the road. Soa’s feet followed behind with a shocked expression on the face. She hadn’t even registered that Hoseok had pulled her away from the group, before she collided suddenly onto his hard back.

 

“Ouch!” She rubbed her nose, glaring at the boy “Yah, what do you think you’re doing?”

“Kidnapping you” He replied with a pokerface.

“Are you crazy?!” She looked back round to search for the rest of them, knowing that Bangtan didn’t particular like Hani’s presence. What were they to do now? They would surely try and call her, find her, whatever.

 

“Why the did you do that?” She whirled onto him and threw him a hot-white glare. “Are you trying to get us lost?!”


The boy smirked “not at all”

 

What-You-How-“ She was even more shocked by his answer, the panic starting to etch across her face. J-Hope could only watch while resisting a chuckle to burst out of his lips. The way she was acting resembled a deer in the headlights, and he would lie to himself if he said that she didn’t look a little bit cute, what with her street wear clothing and her muddled up hair that looked like she had just gotten out of the washer.

 

 

He tugged her with him, starting to walk down the road like nothing was out of the ordinary, without a care at all. He knew that the Bangtan boys would take care of Hani whether they liked her or not, so he wans’t all that worried. Actually, he was pretty amused come to think of it.

 

Soa then realized that his hand was grasping onto hers, and tried tugging out of his hold.
“Let go”

 

“No”

 

She squirmed and wriggled her hand harshly “Let me go!”

 

No” 

 

Sighing, Soa had no desire to give up to this bastard and kept on trying to hurt him. But that only lead J-Hope to interlace his fingers with hers and tug her harder against him so that they were walking side by side, making as if everything was just perfectly normal and even watching the numerous assortments of stands with curiosity, acting like Soa wasn’t even present and struggling to be freed.

 

“Hoseok-ssi, I’m asking this nicely one more time. Let. Me. Go” she made sure to use a very blunt and staccato tone, emphasizing on each word so that the boy’s ears perked up at the soft edge of danger present in her tone. Said boy ignored her and grabbed a sample of food tentatively, turning it around in his hand and bowing thankfully at the man behind the counter who only smiled and told them to help themselves.

 

“Yah! I swear if you don’t’ let me go- Mmph!”  Soa’s words got muffled when Hoseok stuffed the food into , rolling his eyes and continuing to walk. “You’re noisy”

 

She grumbled something incoherent in reply, and his fingers itched to pinch her cheek if not for the fact that there were supposed enemies.

Funny though, that his body reacted on his own. He had no idea that he had his fingers tightly wound over hers into a perfect match until she mentioned it. His body had acted on its own without his mind’s consent, because he hadn’t meant to leave BTS alone with Hani, hadn’t meant to drag Soa away and keep her there with him. It was strange, he himself didn’t comprehend his actions.

 

“Where are we going?” Soa asked when she swallowed the last piece of food. She didn’t mention it but the food was actually quite tasty.

 

The boy shrugged in reply “Where do you want to go?”

“Nowhere.” She stopped abruptly, causing him to turn and look at her “I want you to let go”

 

He blinked. Not gonna happen anytime soon.

It felt right to hold her hand, couldn’t she feel it?

 

“Why?” he asked, eyes narrowing.

“B-Because,” That’s true, why did she want him to let go? Truth to be told, it wasn’t all that unpleasant, her fingers were safe and sound, like they had coiled into twisted vines with his, a puzzle piece that fit well together. “B-Because people will get the wrong idea!”

 

“So? So what?”

 

Soa stared at him, she couldn’t believe him. He could make use of his head for a start, she grumbled to herself in frustration. “So what? So what? It doesn’t matter to you, but it does to me. Now let go”

 

A chuckle resounded from somewhere, and whipping both heads around, their eyes rounded at the sight of an old woman laughing softly at their bickering, a shimmer of amusement dancing on her face.

“Well well well, aren’t you a cute pair?” She laughed again.

 

Reddening, Soa felt her cheeks burst with blood and when she spared a glance at Hoseok, his own ears had turned a soft pink. If they weren’t in this position, she would’ve laughed and about it. It was adorable.

 

No. disgusting, ugly, Soa try keeping track. He’s your enemy.

 

“We,” Soa cleared “We’re not dating. He’s just being annoying”

 

“Dating or not, you guys look good together” The old woman chuckled once more and moved on past them. “You remind me or me and my husband”

If she had been blushing earlier, Soa was hot blood red by now, her heartbeat roaring through her ears like waves crashing onto a shore. Her eyes looked everywhere but at Hoseok, and the boy only cleared his throat awkwardly while scratching the back of his head.

 

An awkward silence settled over them like a duvet, before Hoseok opened his mouth and asked “Where do you want to go?”


“Eh?” Soa couldn’t believe her ears. Is he going to release her now?

 

“Where do you want to go?” He repeated patiently for the first time in his life.

 

She blinked “To a bookshop”

If not for his superb self-control, he might have tripped over his own feet upon hearing her words. “What?” he repeated just to make sure he had heard well.

“Let’s go to a bookshop” Soa calmly repeated like it was the most normal thing to say.

“Okay” Hoseok mumbled as he guided her to the nearest bookshop around town, his mind still reeling. Of all things that he expected her to say- a bookshop. Really? If it was Hani, she wouldn’t let a chance pass herself so easily and instantly run for the nearest fashion clothing shop, torturing Hoseok by trying on countless tops which all looked the same only to scream and shout at him about how they were made of different materials or came from different countries like he cared about that.

 

The change was weird.

But refreshing in itself.

 

The bell of the bookstore rang slightly to signal their entrance, the wind chimes blowing softly in the wind as the soft melody reached Soa’s ears in a soothing manner. After all the blur of colors, the movement and the noise from this day, she was glad to have some alone time to herself in an environment where she didn’t have to force a smile onto her lips, or try and laugh just for the sake of others. The clock next to the counter signaled 4:30 p.pm, and the golden rays of sunshine cast a glow around the shop. It almost looked like a safe haven, something that was comfortable and cozy enough to bask in its warmth.

 

Soa was so lost in the atmosphere of purity emanating from this very area that she almost forgot about her hands still grasping tightly onto J-Hope’s.  but just when she was about to slip the away, the boy tightened his grip and softly squeezed her palm, causing her to look up into his eyes with a questioning look.

Hoseok looked away as soon as they made eye contact, clearing his throat and gesturing for her forward towards the books. It was clear from his attitude that he was embarrassed, and somehow Soa found it very gentlemanly of him. What still boggled her was the fact that he could be such a horrible bastard that pushed and pulled all her buttons, only to calm her down and melt her ice walls with his sweet gestures and cute thoughts. He wasn’t one to speak what he thought directly, he had too much pride for that, but things like holding her hand and following her wherever she wanted to go for example, not everyone liked doing that, and if it were someone else –like Hani- she would surely have made an excuse to go home, because to her the bookstore was boring and for old people.

 

Slowly, as if Soa was walking on glass, she traced her way through the differenet sections of the store and soon enough was inspecting the contents of the shelves, automatically immersed in her own world.

 

Hoseok gazed at her face busy scanning the book titles, watched her fingers trail along each spine like a caress of a feather, and wondered what it would be like if those said fingers would caress his skin. It looked comforting, it looked genuine. The only person that ever did comfort him with caresses on his back was his older sister, and of course BTS didn’t count. But if Soa were to comfort him, would she use her fingers in the same way? Delicately and purely like every touch would heal him?

 

Soa removed one from the shelf, turning it over to read the summary and smiled.

 

“What’s so great about books?” he muttered his thoughts out loud unconsciously, and Soa looked back at him with a raised brow.

 

“Did you ever read one to start with?” Sarcasm was dripping from her tone like flames burning the snow.

 

His nose crinkled in distaste “Yeah. What do you take me for?”

“An idiot” She muttered under her breath.

 

With a tug of his arm, he let her body crash into his when his other arm wrapped around her waist, his face looming over hers while he pressed her against one of the shelves. Thankfully for them, the bookstore was big enough so as not to attract too much attention from others. Soa’s gasp caught in at the prospect of his face being all so close, not that it was the first time really. She had lost count of how many encounters had caused them to end up so close to each other, especially since they were enemies.

“What did you say?” Hoseok’s voice was as soft as velvet, yet raw with a growl, husky and deep. The touch of his arm burned through her clothes and sent electrical sizzles up and down her spine.

 

Soa wanted to reply, the words burned at the back of . But everything died and slipped away from her fingers when she looked at him. he was more than just mesmerizing, the look in his eyes was so intent and yet held something else; like he cared, like he wanted more?

She was confused.

 

Her fingers curled onto his shoulders and she felt the muscles ripple beneath her palms “L-Let go”

 

His gaze dropped down to her lips, focusing on the patch of rose that had caught his attention earlier. Damn.

 

Get a hold of yourself, you ing bastard.

He let go abruptly, so abruptly that Soa staggered back a step before making space between them and hiding both her hands behind her back, clutching the book and making sure that they were occupied so that he wouldn’t be able to grab onto them again.

 

Not because she didn’t like it.

But she wasn’t particularly fond of the feelings that his touch exerted onto her.

 

 



Omg guys can we just take a moment and imagine J-Hope holding your hand and not wanting to let go that'd be like the cutest thing ever <3 Mannn I feel the feels haha <3. thank you all for your beautiful and supportive comments! I'm busy with exams as i said earlier, but i promise I'll try replying asap! xxx Anyway guys, this was just the start of the HobiSoa Fluff there's definitely more to come ;) I've already prepared the chappies in advance hehe so I'll just be casually updating them ONE BY ONE HAHAHAHA :D I'm so mean i know~ 

 

STARTING FROM THE NEXT CHAPTER ONWARDS, HOBISOA SHIP IS GOING TO SAIL REAL HARD AND I SWEAR THERE'LL BE EXTRA FLUFFY MOMENTS SO PLEASE KEEP READING EVEN THOUGH I HOPE IT'S NOT GETTING BORING OR STAGNANT. 

 

I love you guys <3 You know that right? :) xx

And omg! Only 12 subbies until i hit 100 subscribers! :D <3 

Love you! xxx Muah! Sleep well it's 12:30 a.m over here :) night night.