Secrets

Drawing the Line

 


J-Hope kissed her.                                                     

 

Her eyes rounded. Her breath caught in .

Her muscles froze in place at the feeling of his lips pressing feverishly against hers. 

 

For a moment, she wanted to forget everything and just melt in his embrace, to feel his warm and solid arms holding her up, to give her the protection she had yearned for. But then all came crashing back down when she felt his hand softly wrapping in a much tighter grasp around her waist. It felt like ice cold water had been thrown onto her and cleared out her senses, her brain screaming in denial something like ' what are you doing?! Get off now!' 

 

With a sudden force raging down on her, Soa used all of it to push at him, their mouths disconnecting with a 'pop'. "What the hell Hoseo-"

He didn't give her time to reply by ramming his lips once more onto hers and backing her up to a wall, one hand wrapped tightly around her middle with the other reached out to cup her cheek.

Soa wriggled away, losing her breath against the intensity of his kiss.

 

 She needed oxygen, she needed it now

 

She managed to tear herself away ' let go!-mmph!" He kissed her again, his hand trailing through her locks and tilting her head back in order to gain more access to the mouth he was now making love to.

Tears stung at the back of Soa's eyes. She wasn't meant for this, wasn't ready for that at all. Of all things she had feared, never had it once crossed her mind that her first kiss should be an important one. But now that he had claimed her purity, she felt the regret seeping into her veins like poison would. She wasn't a puppet, a doll he could toy around with when he was bored. She was human, and for once, felt her strong 17-year-old mask crack to show the gullible side of her 14 old self, the one that was trembling in fear.

 

 She stopped everything; no movements of protest, nothing to incite him to go any further either.

 

And when J-Hope realized just what he had done, his lips froze and he slowly retracted his hold, his own brown orbs shimmering in confusion and frustration, as well as loss. 

 

He was really going crazy.

 

Soa looked up at him then, eyes shining. Not in joy, nor in happiness... But almost as if they were crying out in anguish. 

 

She slapped him. 

 

The sound bounced off the walls of the school, echoing in his ears as well as his heart. Hoseok swore he felt something inside his chest fall and burst at the pit of his stomach. 

Slowly, as if in a daze, his hand reached up to press against the now hot-red skin that was scorching from her touch. It was the same hand and the same cheek which had come into contact, but why did he feel something else entirely about it? The pain was there yes, as present as a burning fire, but the regret washed out all the shock of her slap. He was feeling bad because of hid rash actions, and scolded himself mentally, since when had you questioned your actions?! What was so different about Kang Soa that you felt all those feelings?! 

 

"Are you happy?" Her voice was soft, too soft. Almost like she was a dead being. When he met her gaze, he was shocked to find that tears were shining and were threatening to cascade down her cheeks in crystal jewels twinkling through darkness. 

"I-" his breath caught.
No word seemed right

 

"Are you happy that you've destroyed me? Are you satisfied?" She bit her lip, sniffling slightly. "Because you succeeded, Hoseok. Thanks, thanks for making me realize that you're a that can't keep his promises"

 

With that, she turned away and started walking. Just anywhere, as long as she could get away from him, away from what he's done to her.

Hoseok gulped and hated himself at the very moment he pictured her face filled with sadness and a pain that he wished he could erase with a flicker of his eyes. If piercing his heart with a stake would be enough to cause a smile to rise upon her lips, then he would've done it.

The last thing he wanted was for her to be unhappy. 

"Wait," he found his voice "Soa-"

"You were supposed to make it up to me" she choked on the last words before he could do anything else, and when he opened his mouth to say something, just anything that would remove his guilt, she was gone.

Gone without a trace. 


 


 

 

Everything was so awkward after that. Soa felt the air pushing into her lungs like a lard of milk being stuffed down . She tried avoiding him at all costs; diverting her gaze somewhere else, purposefully taking the longer route so that they wouldn't meet during exchange of classes, and sitting at the far end of the table with Jungkook to keep her busy, away from him and his ever growing jerk pride. 

 

Soa was more than confused with Hoseok's actions. That night, when she had made sure that her door was double locked and that he hadn't followed her to her house, she had collapsed onto the sofa with a hand falling onto her lips. Her first kiss was gone just like that, and she hadn't even gotten the chance to enjoy it. A first kiss was supposed to be magical, as per said the fairytale stories and every girl in general, a first kiss wasn't supposed to be with your frienemy, someone that you didn't see in that way.

 

Did she see him in that way?

 

What was she talking about? She was certain that the boy didn't see her in that way.

 

It was likely that BTS noticed the sudden halt in their interaction. No words were flung from one individual to the other, only the small cutting glances from Soa to Hoseok when she thought he wasn't looking, and vice versa. 

"Hello! Earth to Soa" V's face popped in front of hers and caused a cry of surprise to burst out of . 

"You've been spacing out a lot lately" he continued, twirling a strand of her hair around his finger. "Something wrong?" 

She shook her head and forced a small smile "I'm fine" 

 

She wouldn't have heard the snort, but her ears perked up anyway, turning to see J-Hope rolling his eyes to the ceiling. Irritation flared through her blood like a forest ignited on fire. 

 

"What?" He suddenly asked. Not having heard his voice since such a long time, Soa gripped on the metal of her chair in order to control the goosebumps blooming across her skin. 

She frowned "what?"

 

"Oh, so now you're talking to me?" He raised a brow in such a way that anger flared beneath her skin.

He was taunting her, teasing her and making as if everything was fine when clearly it was far from it.

Deciding not to play into his game, Soa turned her head and ignored the boy royally and focused her attention on her food instead.

 

Hosek's nostrils flared. Out of all things he despised in this world, one that could cause his temper to break was when people ignored him. He did not tolerate being invisible. 

Suga looked between the two of them with a smirk alighting his face "are you guys fighting?" 

"When do they not?" Jin snorted, sipping on his juice.

"Yah Kang Soa" Hoseok ignored his hyungs, attention solely focused on the girl that could throw him over the edge so quickly. "I'm talking to you"

Still, said girl looked right through him.

Jimin rolled his eyes and turned to Namjoon "the day they stop fighting, I'll pay you a million bucks"

Namjoon grinned, dimple showing "oh, I like that"

 

Hoseok meanwhile had already killed her twice in his mind. Why wasn't she responding to his advances? He hated the fact that they stopped talking to each other, realizing that it actually formed part of his day to fight with her, to see her face turn red in embarrassment and anger, to see some emotions flashing across her features just to reassure Hoseok she was human. He somehow missed their interactions, as bad as they were. but most of all, he loved it when his heart tickled inside his chest- the reason was still unknown to him as to why it fluttered like a hummingbird- but it felt somewhat weird and refreshing. The feeling only occurred when Soa’s attention would be centered onto his, and right now everything she was doing was make as if he was transparent.

 

Deep inside his heart, he knew he was at fault. He shouldn’t have kissed her just to shut her up. That was actually his first thought of action, but when his lips met hers, they couldn’t stop, wouldn’t break away no matter what. They kept moving, as if their place had always been there.

 

“I don’t understand why you guys fight so much” Hani was busy peeling off the skin of her banana. Any other day J-Hope would’ve found her hairstyle cute; he especially loved it when she lifted her hair so that the cute nape of her neck was shown. But ever since Soa had occupied his thoughts, Hani just wasn’t that interesting to him anymore. He was glad for that though, because then his feelings would dissipate, and the old feelings that he had left in the dust years ago when Hani disappeared from the face of the earth wouldn’t return back and annoy the hell out of him.

 

Hani turned to Soa with a questioning look in her eyes “Don’t you like oppa?”

 

“No.” Soa was frank enough to blurt out the first thing that came to her mind.

 

“Ah Waee! You guys are more similar than you thought! It’s annoying to see you guys always glaring at each other” She pouted.

 

“Just cut it out, Hani” Jimin sighed while pushing his salad around.

 

Suga rolled his eyes, turning to the said boy with a questioning look “Weren’t you guys trying to work out some kind of good relationship?”

“Yeah.” Soa looked at Suga dead In the eyes “Until he ing messed up”

Jin threw his hands in the air with exasperation “I knew it was Hobi. It’s always him”

“And his stubborn self’ Jungkook sniggered, earning a glare from the latter.

“Yah-“ Hoseok started, but soon got cut off by Soa who’s glare pierced right through his soul “What?” She asked him, voice as rough as steel “Are you going to say it was my fault?”

 

“I-“He tried replying but Soa wasn’t listening “-Are you going to say that I’m the one who messed up this time?”


Jungkook pulled at her arm with a worried look imprinted on his face, “Yah, Soa calm down”

 

She suddenly scraped back her chair and stood up, her eyes never leaving the responsible culprit as she murmured “I need some air, sorry” and got out of the cafeteria, all eyes of their table cast upon her retreating figure, only to turn to J-Hope with confused faces.

“What the hell just happened?” Taehyung scratched the back of his neck.

 

The maknae, worried sick about the girl’s condition was about to leave the table when the leader placed a hand onto his shoulder, forcing him to plop back down in his seat while saying “Leave her be, Jungkook. She needs some space”

 

Hani bit her lip, what the hell is happening? Is there something I should know about?

 

 


 

Since Hoseok had after school duties to attend to, he stayed back to help the secretary organize the student files, and was busy placing each of them in order of name alphabetically, stacking the A’s together and so on. He was working diligently, and even the staff was surprised at his quick understanding of the task. It was when she had gone out to buy them some drinks for some energy booster that the boy fell upon Kang Soa’s file.

 

His eyes flickered from the file to the box, deciding that it was the girl’s life and that she should be keeping it private. He was no one to meddle with her life.

 

But I just want to know why is she so alone.

NO, Hoseok, control yourself, he shouted back to his thoughts.

 

But even though his self-resistance wasn’t something to be joking with, his hands defied his every purpose by flicking open her folder and slowly thumbing through her documents.

 

Name: Kang Soa

D.O.B: 10.10.97

Family Members: Mother, Father, Younger sister

 

So she has a sibling, he thought to himself as he continued reading her data, unaware of the other piles of folders awaiting him.

 

School records, Address, Reports, Medical Records, Phone Number and Contacts…

 

Wait a minute, Medical Records?

 

Astounded, the boy flipped open the file and started reading through it, expecting something like “None” or “Unknown”. But when his gaze traveled across the page, his brown orbs widened like saucers, jaw dropping to the floor and blinking at the sheet before him. Questions and answers both started ticking inside his brain like time bombs, and he wasn’t sure whether his eyesight was tricking him or not. Maybe he needed glasses. But when he rubbed them fiercely enough to bring out tears, the information was still there, as clear as crystal water.

 

Diagnosed: 3 year Coma- due to Episodic Amnesia. Cause unknown.

 


i know this is such a short chappie, and i really apologise :( thing is i haven't really had time to update and upload since i hve Psychology exams and they're as hard as :S GOD HELP ME. Anyway, HobiSoa's kiss though *.* GAHHHHH I WOULDN'T MIND KISSING HIM BACK HEHEHE. Thank you once again for all the love my subbies, i love you! WO AI NI! <3 

ps; LET'S NOT FORGET THAT HOBI NOW KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO SOA! AND HANI? HOW WILL SHE REACT YOU THINK TO THAT KISS?!