Date

Drawing the Line

 

Walking down the street with Hoseok’s shoulder brushing against Soa’s own seemed a little bit too unrealistic for her own good although she wasn’t complaining. Just a night ago, she had seen nor head or tail from him. Now, she could hardly believe that he was there, as tangible as she had imagined him, as real as she had pictured. Soa was so lost in her thoughts that it took three times for Hoseok to call her name, finally giving up and instead winding an arm around her shoulder so that she’d turn to look at him. 

 

As per his predictions, the girl jumped in his arms and looked up at him with wide eyes, “What?”

 

“You want coffee?” Hoseok’s lips tilted into a smirk because of her distracted demeanor. Seeing her facial expressions ranging from happy to frustrated to contempt to annoyance was a breath of fresh air that he hadn’t realized he had been craving. The spice that he had lost in his life was here, in front of him, the sole individual that made his day a little bit better, a little bit brighter, and he was a fool to actually think she’d reject him so easily. 

 

To Hoseok, it was hard believing in the honest truth. 

Because they always turned out to be lies in the end. 

 

With a nod, she let her get dragged by the boy as they dropped by a small corner Coffee Shop before ordering their drinks, settling down at a table in the very far end so that they were subtly hidden from the main attractions. She let out a sigh and basked in the bliss of this simplicity. Hoseok was here, Hoseok was at her side, she chanted in her head and kept replaying those words again and again as a smile slowly embedded itself on her face. How the heck had she become so dependent on him? Sitting there with him so close, she wondered about what would have happened with her life if Hoseok hadn’t entered it, if he hadn’t started bullying her. Maybe they would not even be talking at this stage; she would not even know his name. 

 

“How’s school? Jungkook and Chohee giving you a hard time?” He asked, leaning his elbows onto the table and watching her with somewhat a very unsettling look that caused butterflies to flutter inside her stomach. 

 

She shrugged half-heartedly, “It’s okay. A bit annoying though” 

“Soa” Him calling her name was a soft caress “I know you’re still mad because of me being such a jerk” 

 

“No,” She held his gaze and softened slightly, “I’m not mad. I just…” then her gaze dropped to the table. A waiter passed by and placed their drinks down in front of them. A Mocha Café for her and an Americano for him. 

 

“It doesn’t seem…real” She finally gave way to the confession that was tugging onto her heart. 

Hoseok’s eyes flashed suddenly with guilt. He said nothing, bowing his head down like a dog waiting for his punishment. He felt bad, and now felt even worse. Because of him, she got hurt when he promised himself that he would never see those tears fall where he was the reason. How many times had he broken this promise? Wave after wave of dread and guilt filled him to the core. He was sorry and he wanted her to know that, to believe that. 

 

His hand reached out and with a swift movement, caught hers. His palm slid over hers and his fingers parted to mold into her own like they had always been there in the first place. His touch sent goosebumps rising all over her arms and at the back of her neck. She prayed to the heavens so as not to flush red as she was pretty sure the boy would be more than a little satisfied with her reactions. 

 

“Does this feel real enough for you?” His deep set brown eyes held nothing but affection for the girl, her heart rate accelerating unconsciously. Staring at her like she was an artwork he couldn’t keep his eyes off of, his other hand started the back of her knuckles which sent waves of electricity down her back. For a moment, Soa lost herself in the emotions she forgot he ignited inside her body, all the feelings that only Hoseok could unlock in the deepest, darkest parts of her heart. 

 

Then softly, like he was cradling a baby, the boy brought their entwined hands to his face, lips skimming over each knuckle and letting a tingle of heat everywhere he touched. Soa had to restrain herself from gasping out loud at the intensity and a soft timid smile broke over her face. She looked down to hide it, in vain. 

Hoseok grinned at her response, “Good to see I still have the same effect on you” 

 

“Shut up” She muttered, drawing back to grab onto something stable, her coffee. The warm object brought some sense into her and kept her grounded. With Hoseok present, she really doubted her ability to stay sane. 

 

The boy took a sip of his own coffee, eyes twinkling in the limelight of the coffee shop, “the boys have been wanting to meet up sometime” 

 

She perked up, “Really?”

Hated to admit it but Soa did miss those fools. 

 

“Yeah, they’ll probably do something this week” Hoseok replied, “And you’re coming” 

 

Soa huffed, “Who says?” 

 

“I said” 

“So what?” Her eyes flashed with mischief. “You’re not my mother’ 

Hoseok’s brown orbs turned a darker maroon at her response, “You’re coming. Period” 

 

“Nu uh” She stuck out her tongue at him, waggling it slightly so that he scrunched up his nose in distaste. 

“You’re coming” He repeated while a smirk danced on his lips, “Or I’m sleeping on your bed for a week” 

“YAH!” 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

After their coffee break, Hoseok had dragged her onto the street and continued being really hyped up for their date. It seemed like his battery power had charged fully for he was nothing but excited and kept dragging her towards different shops that he found to his liking. He even went to the extreme of grabbing some headbands for them both; a cat kitty headband for her and a dog-eared one for his own. It was horribly amusing to see the cold, the blunt and cool Hoseok that she was used to see at school become a mere kid at the sight of headbands and cutesy stud that Soa would’ve died instead of wearing, because god the embarrassment was just too much. He even went as far as plopping it on her head and putting on his own before grabbing onto her hand, a grin sliding it’s way onto his face as they walked onto the road like a ridiculous couple that Soa would’ve once sneered at. 

 

“Hoseok” She tried removing her fingers from his tight grasp when he only tugged her closer, shoulder brushing so intimately it caused her skin to deepen into a shade of embarrassment. “Let go” 

 

He just threw her a stare full of warning, as if saying “don’t you dare let go of my hand or you’ll know the consequences once we get home’ look. 

She reluctantly decided that maybe it wasn’t as bad when he was holding her hand, compared to what he might do once they get home. But although it was a clear warning to her, an excited shiver ran down her spine and she more than a little horrified knew that she actually enjoyed Hoseok’s touch. 

Maybe it was because they hadn’t spent that much time together lately. Right? 

Right, that must be it, she thought to herself in dismay. 

 

“Hey, look” He suddenly pointed towards a huge, rectangular booth in the distance. Soa squinted but barely made out much before the boy running towards it wrenched her forward. As they neared the booth, she realized what it was exactly and a sudden unsettling nervous feeling started churning in the pits of her stomach. 

Oh no, everything but

Her nightmare had finally come true, after all this time when she had tried avoiding it. 

 

A photo booth. 

Damnit, and she thought that they were having a good day. 

 

“Soa, let’s do it” Hoseok suddenly broke into her train of thoughts and the girl looked up at him to see a grin embellishing his face. 

“Uh..” she felt the color literally drain from her face. Really Hoseok? She wanted to shout out loud and throw a tantrum because Soa hated more than ever photographs. It reminded her of all the memories she had missed. When she had returned from her 3 year coma, her parents and her sister had tried fitting her in by taking out all the events that had happened in the span of those missing days and as they turned each page and every photograph that had meaning behind it’s vivid colors and fading date at the side, Soa felt even more isolated from he family. Everything they had experienced without her would always be a memory that would never include her in anything. The smiling faces in the photos moreover proved the wrong story; they highlighted the fact that they had omitted Soa’s presence from their lives. While they had been having the time of their lives, Soa had been lying lifelessly in hospital, unknown to the one looking at the album now. 

The photos were just a lie of what exactly happened. 

 

“I-“ she pulled out of his grasp so rapidly the expression fell from the boy’s face, “-I don’t want to” 

His eyebrows drew together at the center, “Why? Come on. We never had any photos together” 

 

Seeing his expression let her walls down at their best. This was not her family, this was a genuine Hoseok standing by her side with confusion etched across his face. He was confused as to why and for a moment she wished to tell him, spill the secret of her camera phobia because he was someone that deserved to know. But then looking at his maroon orbs swirling with softness in the daylight, she thought that maybe she should give this a chance, not for her, but for him. 

 

Amazing what love could do to you. 

To your willpower, your soul. 

 

So she nodded and let her be directed to the booth. Once they were inside, she was about to turn towards the camera when she was encaged by a pair of arms wrapping around her middle, causing her to fall in Hoseok’s lap as he sat down on the only chair in the booth. 

 

“Yah” She blinked for a second before starting to squirm in his hold. He brought his mouth over to her ear and with a slight smirk, nipped at the tip of her earlobe, “stop moving” 

 

“B-But- I- You-“ No coherent sentence could make it’s way out of Soa’s mouth before Hoseok placed his head on her shoulder like it had always belonged there, “Look at the camera” 

 

“Huh?!” 

 

He rolled his eyes and turned her chin forward, “The camera woman, look at the camera’ 

 

With a slight grumble, she reluctantly turned her head to the lens before the sound of the shutter was heard as it captured the image. 

Click! 

 

She was about to open to ask him how it worked when Hoseok’s landed on her cheek, soft and supple against her own skin, which caused her to gasp in shock. Before she knew it, another shutter sound clicked in the background. 

 

She turned her head to him, “You did this on purpose-Mmph!” His lips fell onto her open ones, kissing her deeply as she looked at him with more than shock etched across her face. 

 

Click

 

He moved his head back slightly and pressed his forehead against hers, breaths swirling together as the girl tried to comprehend what had just happened. Her thoughts were scattered around her brain and clogged up with a daze. 

 

Click

 

The final flash of the camera was enough to make her jump from shock, but it was no surprise when Hoseok’s hold tightened onto her without letting her out of his grasp for a mere second. The girl looked up to meet the brown swirls churning mysteriously in those mocha orbs, her chest constricting with slight dizziness as she took in the closeness of their bodies, or more precisely the lack of distance. 

 

They would have stayed in this position forever if not for the sudden whirring of the machine extricating their photos from its box. Reluctantly, Hoseok got up and went over to examine the shots, a huge smile almost breaking his face in two as he stared them down. Soa gulped and was pretty sure that it meant bad news if he was grinning like he had received his Christmas gifts early. 

 

Like her predictions, her face flamed upon catching sight of the photographs and with a quick shriek; she jumped up and tried in vain to grab them from Hoseok’s now extended arm to the ceiling, chuckling slightly over her overreactions. It was funny how just the smallest things could rile her up, and that was one of the many qualities he found adorable in her. Not her face, not her body but her character, her persona, what she was in truth. He had missed all those small habits of hers, her whine falling from her lips that would echo through his ears like a melody, a sound that he thirsted for. His gaze suddenly fell on her lips, opening up in protest as he shut out the sounds she made, getting dazzled by the mere thought of Soa up close. They seemed so tasty yet unreachable, flames of desire at his stomach.

 

Before he knew it, he leaned over and pecked her lips. 

 

Soa blinked in shock and for a moment, stared at him with wide, shocked eyes. 


“You-“ 

 

He pressed another short kiss on the edge of before pulling her out of the booth by the arm, “Come on” He urged her, watching the girl stumbling behind him and resisting the laughter that wanted to escape his lips. Her baffled behavior was just too cute to resist, it was impossible for him to stay sane whenever she was around. The fact that it had been ages since he’d seen her added to that fact. 

 

“You want to eat?” He turned around to face her embarrassed figure, walking behind him with a bowed head. At his proposition, she tilted up slightly and made sure not to look at him in the eye. “Yeah” 

 

Pulling her to his chest, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders protectively, “Why so shy?” he teased. 

 

She looked away with flaming cheeks tainting her skin like dipdye, “I’m not” She retorted. 

 

“If you say so” He replied with a small wink. 

 

Her heart almost dropped at his gesture because Hoseok never did wink at anyone. 

 

Hoseok didn’t wink, period. 

What the hell had he eaten this morning to act so bubbly and lively? She thought to herself as he dragged her to the nearest food stall. Right there and then, her lips ached to laugh because never had she seen this side to him before. It amused her somewhat especially when she knew that she might be the only one. There were so many facades he hid from people, covering him in layers and layers of bad boy vibe when in truth; he wasn’t like that at all.

They sat themselves down at a nearby table and were about to order food when two familiar figures suddenly appeared before their table. 

 

Soa turned and froze, her mind going blank. 

 

“Hi eonnie” 


 

 

Hey guys so this is a short update that's only filled with HobiSoa fluff, hope you like it although it;s really short. BUT THE ENDING THOUGH DUDUDUDDUUMMMMMMM. What do you think will happen? :D Comment down below! As usual thanks all for the support you guys are the best :) <3 I love you all xx <3