showcase (3rd year)

You Found Me

Today is an unusual Friday, where students are still lingering around the school compound. Normally it’ll be empty by afternoon.

Everyone, mostly girls, were talking about the same topic for the whole day.

B1A4.

That’s right. Today’s the showcase for all 3rd year students. Almost half of the female students stayed back in school so they can catch the performance.

So does Hana, Yuri and I.

“I wonder what they are performing. Oppa’s wearing a beanie the whole day.” Yuri sighed.

“Correction, all of them are.”

“Except Sandeul.” I said. “Don’t you live in the same house? You must know something.”

Hana shook her head. “Oppa won’t let me down the basement. And the whole floor is sound proof.”

Yuri suddenly gasped. “Don’t tell me they change their hair colour! Remember they were all wearing hats last year?”

“Oh yeah! How come I didn’t think of that?” Hana added.

While they were talking about the boy’s previous year performances, I got a text from Jin Young.

 

Hello. What are you girls doing now?

Hi Oppa. We’re outside the cafeteria, talking about you guys.

Really? Do you miss us so much?

 

I laughed at his reply.

“Who’s that?” Yuri asked.

“Jin Young Oppa.”

“Oooo…” Hana wriggled her eyebrows.

“What?”

“Hey, ask him can we watch their rehearsal?” Yuri asked.

And so I did. But got an unexpected reply.

 

We got you girls the first row on the left. Don’t be late!

 

“Huh?”

“Aish, I don’t know what they are hiding.” Hana said. “Let’s just wait till 7pm okay?”

 

-

“Are you Miss Lee Hana?”

“Erm, yes.”

“Follow me please.”

We followed this unknown guy to the front of the auditorium.

“Here’s your seats. Enjoy the show.”

“Erm, yeah, thanks.”

“Was this planned?” Yuri asked. We shook our heads and sat down.

“Oh, they are the opening and closing act.” I said, pointing at the booklet.

The auditorium was slowly filled with more students. Some were busy talking about their bias.

Soon they dimmed the lights and the girls started screaming. The host came out and introduced himself, asking the crowd to calm down.

“And now, the moment you have been waiting for, I assume?”

The crowd screams again.

“Ladies and gentleman, I present you, B1A4!”

More screaming and yelling came from the back. I can’t help but to cover my ears.

The music started playing, but they weren’t even on stage.

“Where are they?” I asked.

“Ommo!” Yuri said, pointing to the corner of the stage.

Shin Woo jumped out, waving to the crowd, followed by Gong Chan.

While they were slowly walking out, the three of us were busy babbling.

“Shin Woo’s hair!”

“Gong Chan’s got curls?”

“OH MY GOD, OPPA IS BLONDE!”

“WH- wait, is he holding a phone?”

“Ommo, Jin Young dyed his hair dark brown?”

Hana was busy laughing at their costume rather than commenting on their hair.

“This is definitely oppa’s style!” she said, still laughing while clapping my back. I couldn’t help but to laugh along.

“Shh! I think they are starting!” Yuri hushed the both of us.

I looked back to the stage and saw Jin Young lowering his hands.

 

And pointed at me.

 

I feel like I’m going out of breathe, I think love has found me, I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know.

 

Gong Chan stood up and back Jin Young’s part, winking while pointing at random people.

 

“Why am I getting goose bumps?” Hana said, rubbing her arms.

“Shh!” Yuri hushed her.

 

Oh my beautiful target, you zoom zoom heart like a rocket.

 

“Is he singing locket?” I asked.

Hana laughed. “I think its rocket.”

 

I like it like it like it. I like it like it like it.

 

“On second thought, I think I’m getting goose bumps too.” Yuri said, rubbing her own arms.

 

My heart goes boom boom boom boom, because of you, I can’t breathe breathe breathe breathe.

 

“Aigoo is Shin Woo opps trying to act cute?” I asked.

“He’s hot!” Hana suddenly said.

Yuri and I looked at each other with our eyebrows raise, and then started laughing.

After Shin Woo finished his part, it went back to the beginning and the boys started dancing while smiling.

“Ommo, Gong Chan is so cute!”

“Yah, Hana.” Yuri said. “Make up your mind!”

 

Sandeul sang the chorus, pointing at us. We waved at him and he waved back.

Then it was Jin Young’s turn.

 

I think I’ll go crazy, I think I’m going to melt, because of you, because of you, because of you.

 

While singing, he walked towards our direction, causing the girls to scream louder.

Then he started pointing while singing ‘because of you’.

 

“Oh my god.” Yuri breathes.

“What?”

“His pointing at you!” she said, shaking my shoulder.

“No he isn’t.”

“He is!” Hana said, waving back at him.

As much as I was denying it, it really looks like he was pointing at me. Because Gong Chan came up pointing at us and winked.

 

Oh oh I’m up and high, you caught my eye, you’re my style yeah, don’t ask me, don’t play with me, what do I do?

 

“He’s definitely singing about Yuri.” I nodded along with Hana.

“I don’t care if he’s blonde or black, he’s still awesome.” Yuri said,

“Yeah yeah.”

 

As the song goes on, we stood up and cheer on them while clapping along the music. The song ended after Sandeul sang a high note.

 

And when it ended, Jin Young was once again, pointing at me.

 

-

There was a 15minutes break before the second half of the show goes on. Hana received a text from her brother asking us to meet them backstage at room 3.

“How come you didn’t tell me that you’re blonde?” was the first thing Yuri said when we arrived at their room.

“Surprise!” Baro said, waving his hands. Yuri pouted and walked away.

“Is this why I was forbidden to go to the basement for two freaking months?”

Sandeul laughed and grab his sister by the shoulder. “How was oppa? Good?”

“Number one. What’s with the telephone?”

“Oh, this?” BAro took out the phone from a bag hidden at his side.

We started asking them about the song until someone interrupted us.

“Has anyone seen my—whoa!”

Hana screamed and Yuri followed. I turned to my back and saw a shirtless Shin Woo. Before I could even shut my eyes, someone covered them.

“Yah hyung.” I heard Sandeul said. “We know you have abs, don’t need to show off.”

“What? I didn’t know they were here.”

“Oh, Hana said you’re hot.” I heard Yuri’s voice.

“I did not!”

“Yes you did. You heard it too, right Mia?”

“Yup.”

Shin Woo laughed. “I didn’t know your sister thinks I’m hot, but thanks. Now where is my white shirt?”

Slowly, the hands that were covering my eyes move away. I looked up to see who it was.

“Hello!”

“Gong Chan?”

He nodded happily. “Do you like my hat?”

Even though he was two years older than me, the way he acts makes you think that he is younger than all of us.

I touched his hat that looks like what wizards wore in the cartoons. “It’s cute.”

“I’ll wear this one then.” He said.

 “Oh, you’re here?” a voiced asked.

I turned and saw Jin Young standing behind us, wearing a white long sleeves shirt and black pants with some prints on it.

“Are you guys going for a white theme later?” I asked.

“Yeah. We’re gonna be angels!” Gong Chan clapped his hands together.

“What?”

Jin Young laughed and tied his shoes. “How were we just now? Were you surprised?”

I nodded. “Very.”

“Hey.” Shin Woo, who was now fully clothed said. “You girls better go back before the show continues.”

“Okay. See you guys after this.”

“Yah Lee Hana, give oppa a good luck kiss!”

“Ewww.”

“Yuri.” Baro said and pointed at his cheeks. She kissed it and buried her face in Baro’s chest.

“See?” Sandeul said. “I want one.”

“Go away. Oh my god, don’t come near me, yah!”

“Poor Sandeul hyung.” Gong Chan said as we stood up.

“All the best!” I said. Gong Chan nodded and open his arms wide.

“Eh?”

“Hug!” he said. I nodded and hugged him.

“Weee!” I heard him said.

“Yah, enough.” Jin Young pulled him away.

“Why?” he pouted.

“You’re older, behave,”

Gong Chan fake a cry.

“Have anyone seen my vest?” Shin Woo asked, holding a bunch of cloths.

“Aish.” Gong Chan shook his head and helped Shin Woo to look for his vest.

“Sorry about that.” Jin Young said.

“It’s okay. His cute.”

He looked at me. “You think his cute?”

I nodded.

“What about me?” he asked.

“Er…”

He lowered his head as the same level as mine. “Am i?”

“Too close.” Was all I said.

He laughed and ruffled my hair. “Now give me a good luck hug.”

I shook my head,

“Hey, I gave you one.”

“Oh, right.”

He walked up and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling us closer.

I swear my heart was pounding like mad, I was even holding my breath. When I was busy hoping that he won’t realized my rapid heartbeat, he chuckled.

“You’re so stiff.”

“E-eh?”

He pulled us apart and put his hands on my shoulder. “I said you’re so stiff.”

“Eh….”

“Anyways.” He said. “Look only at me.”

“Eh?”

“Look only at me, when I sing.”

“Erm…”

“Mia let’s go!” I heard Hana called.

I pushed away his hands and went straight to Hana. She linked arms with me and waved at the boys.

“Yah. You alright?” she asked as we walked out.

“Yeah. Sure. Of course. Why?”

She laughed. “You face is as red as a tomato.”

 

-

After two groups performed, there was only one left, which is B1A4.

The chanting got louder and louder as the curtains slowly opened.

And there they were, sitting on stools, all dressed up in white.

The pianist started playing a melody, and Jin Young sang.

 

After I hang up on the phone with you, I think only think about you. Even though I’m busy all day long, I think about you.

 

“Look only at me, when I sing.”       

His words started echoed in my head. I did as told. He was also looking at me when he was singing.

 

Shin Woo continued.

 

Churu chu chu chu chu, chu churu chu chu chu chu.

 

What do I do? What do I do?

 

Gong Chan did a double winked as we planned earlier, causing the crowd to go crazy.

 

You being slightly coy is so cute, your pouting two lips are also very pretty.

 

Sandeul sang while some girls screamed his name.

 

I took a peek at Jin Young, he was still looking at me.

 

“Look only at me, when I sing.”     

 

Is he trying to tell me something? Is it in the lyrics?

 

My eyes never left him. I even tried to put all his parts together.

 

My only hope it is you.

I will love you forever.

I want your heart.

My only hope it is you.

I will love you forever.

Look at only me.

When your lips call me.

I become your man.

My only hope it is you.

I will love you forever.

I want your heart.

Loving you.

 

The song ended. Hana and Yuri stood up clapping. I even heard Yuri sniffing.

“It’s so cheesy but who cares!” Yuri said, still sniffing.

I was still seated. My eyes were still on Jin Young.

He bowed to the crowd and looked back at me, smiling.

“Mia, why are you still sitting? Come on, up up up!” Hana said.

But I couldn’t. I was still trying to figure out what was Jin Young talking about.

 

“Mia, you okay?” she asked. “Ommo! Are you crying?”

 


First song. beautiful target - b1a4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3naXQo3Gik )

Second song. chu chu chu - b1a4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWIK1IDr290 )