Ding Dong Bell

You Found Me

“Look at her, she’s can’t wait to get into the room.”

 

My father was laughing with his friend while I pushed the door open after pulling out the key card.

The curtains were open and I can see the view outside. But I wasn’t really bothered with that at the moment.

I put the card on the table next to the TV and started going around the suite.

 

“One.” I count and walk to the right. “Two.” I left the door open and turned around.

 

“And here…is your own private swimming pool.” I heard Mr. Lee saying. My stepmother clapped her hands happily, saying how wonderfully this suite is.

 

As for me, I was also clapping my own hands, mentally of course. I walked into the third room and smile.

 

Awesome, I don’t have to share a room with anyone.

 

 

-

I trip on the stairs while walking down. Don’t blame me. I had to wake up so darn early today just so we could arrive at this darn hotel to meet Mr. Lee as promised. I didn’t even sleep well last night.

I missed another step and almost fall on my face. A hand grabbed my waist and pulls me back.

“Are you okay?” he asked. I pushed him away and continue walking down the stairs.

“Oh, the arcade and library is over that side. You kids can go there.” Mr. Lee said.

“We’re not kids anymore.” I muttered. Hyun Jung laughed. “Well, I’m an adult. You’re still a kid.”

I glared at him. “I’m not a kid.”

He bends down until my eye level and ruffled my hair. “To me, you’re still a kid.”

Before I could slap his hand away, he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me towards him. He held onto my shoulder and started walking.

“Let go.” I hissed. He pretends not to listen.

“Come on, I haven’t seen you for more than a year and this is how you treat me?”

“Just, let me go.”

He looked down at me and poked my forehead. “Can’t I spend some time with my sister?”

“I am not your sister.”

His finger slid down to my nose and stopped at my lips. “Of course you are.”

He pressed his finger on my lips when I wanted to speak. Then, he bends down and kissed my nose.

I pushed him in the chest. “What are you doing?!”

“What?” he laughed as I struggled against him.

“Let. Me. Go.” I said again. He hugged me and locked both of his hands behind my back.

“You’ve gotten cuter. Do you know that?” He whispered. His lips touched my neck as he speaks.

“Let go! People can see!”

I was yelling in his face, trying to break free from him. His lips slightly grazed across my shoulder before releasing me.

My hands automatically reached up and covered that particular spot.

“Hurry!” he called and walked backwards. “We don’t want to get lost, don’t we?”

 

 

That afternoon, I scrubbed my neck so hard in the shower that I could feel a burning sensation on my skin. It was also red.

Stupid Hyun Jung. After what he did to me, he still calls himself a brother? We are not even blood related in the first place.

What happen that night started playing in my mind. I can feel his hands around me, his breath on my skin and his voice.

I put more soap on my body and rubbed them as if gold would appear if I rub it harder. I hit my fist on the tile wall and screamed.

Luckily no one was around. My parents are busy having afternoon tea with Mr. Lee and his family while my step brother went out after some of his friends came to find him.

 

 

 

-

I curled myself up on the bed and let my wet hair dangled at the corner of the bed. I unlocked my phone and pressed on one person’s contact number. I hesitated for a while before pressing the call button.

 

He picked up after a few rings.

 

“Hello~” he sang. I smiled softly.

“Oppa….” I said.

“Yes?” He answered.

“Oppa…..” I said again.

“MmHmm.”

“Jin Young oppa….”

He chuckled over the phone. “Yup, that’s me.”

I suddenly had the urge to cry. My lips started trembling and I buried my face into my pillow.

“Mia…?” He called. “Mia are you there?”

I guess he heard me sniffing he started to panic.

“Baby…Talk to me. Is everything alright?”

I exhaled deeply before answering him. “I’m fine….”

“Are you sure?” He asked worriedly.

“Yeah…”

“Okay…Whassup baby?”

I leaned on my back and stare at the ceiling. “I’m in a hotel right now.”

“Oka-…WHAT? WHY? WITH WHO?”

I laughed. “Hmm…With some boy…”

“WHAT? WHAT’S HIS NAME?”

“Oh gosh…Oppa! I’m with my family!”

I can imagine him glaring at me right now. “You’re not lying right?”

“No…. We got a free stay here.”

“Oh…” he said quietly. “So which hotel are you staying in?”

I told him the name.

“Oh, wait. Say the name again.”

I told him again.

“Oh. Okay, spell it for me…”

“Oppa!” I yelled. “I’m not lying! I’m here with my family!”

He laughed. “Is it the one in the middle of the city?”

“Yeah.”

“The one next to the red and white colour hotel?”

“I think so.”

“There’s a lot of hotels on that street right?”

“Yeah, that’s right.” I said. “Gosh I’m not lying.”

“I know.” he laughed again. “Oh, what’s your room number?”

“2124….W-why do you want to know?”

“Oh, nothing. Just feel like knowing.” He said. “Hmm…isn’t that the highest floor?”

“Hmm…..Wait, what? Okay I’m not really sure.”

He didn’t speak for a moment.

 

“Are you alone?” he asked.

“Yes. My family is out.”

“Okay. Don’t order room service.”

“I didn’t. But….why can’t I?”

“I don’t want those boys to stare at you.”

I laughed and roll to the other side. “You’re so funny.”

“Ding dong bell~” he suddenly sang.

I thought he was being random, but then I heard the bell.

“Oh, I think my parents are back.”

“MmHmm.”

“Are you like, psychic?”

“Nyehehe~”

 

So childish.

 

I’ll call you later okay?”

“Yup yup.”

“Bye.”

He hung up without even saying goodbye.

 

“Idiot.” I scolded and placed my phone on the table.

 

“Ding Dong Bell, in the well~”

 

Oh my gosh, why am I even singing that song. Stupid Jin Young.

 

I stopped walking when I came to realized something.

 

“No freaking way….”

 

The bell rang again.

 

Ding Dong Bell………

 

I ran passed the living room towards the main door. I took a deep breath before looking through the peep hole.