Video call

You Found Me

I silently nibble on my food as Mrs. Kim continues lecturing me. Her husband was shaking his head behind the newspaper and I smiled at him.

I woke up when I felt Jin Young my hair. He told me he’ll stop by his house to change his cloths and then we’ll go out.

But…he said I’ll have to explain everything to Mrs. Kim. So here I am sitting in her kitchen while listening to her ranting.

Well, at least I get a nice plate of American breakfast and freshly squeeze orange juice.

“I don’t care. You will stay in my house until your parents are back. Do you understand me?” she said, hands on her hips.

“Yes.”

She sighed. “Okay. Eat up. Do you want some more?”

“How come you never asked me that?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Oh please. Look at your size and hers and tell me why.”

Mr. Kim opens his mouth and gave me a look while I try not to laugh.

“More coffee, honey?” she asked him. He nodded with a smile.

Seeing their interaction with each other made me happy. This is the kind of atmosphere I would like to have every morning.

Not eating alone on a very huge dining table.

 

 

-

Jin Young couldn’t make it for the day as he has to be home for a family reunion. I told him we could go out the next day or so.

I spend the whole day playing with Mrs. Kim’s niece and nephews. They are so adorable, well, only if they stay still. They can be quite naughty at times.

“Mia! Come take a picture!” her daughter called. I oblige her request.

They even got me presents. How nice can they be?

We walked around the neighbourhood around evening, enjoying the Christmas decorations that others had set up around their house.

“Do you want to know Jin Young’s house?” Mrs. Kim told me. I smiled in return.

It wasn’t hard to look for his house. ‘Jung residence’ was written on the front entrance.

And he said my house was huge. Did he even look at his own?

I wanted to surprise him by ringing on his door bell. But that means I’ll have to say hi to his parents.

Parents. I’m not ready to meet them yet. Plus, I kinda make Jin Young spend a night at my house on Christmas night.

They probably hate me now.

 

 

The day passed by so quickly that I didn’t even notice it was almost midnight.

I felt so stuffed right now. I had never eaten so much in my whole life before. As expected, Mrs. Kim’s cooking is the best. Maybe I should learn from her, and then I’ll be able to cook for Jin Young.

I’m sure he’ll love to eat my food.

I was reading a storybook I borrowed from her in the guest room. I soon received a text from Jin Young.

 

How was your day? Were you grounded? =P

 

How silly can he be?

 

Nope. I had a great day actually. How was your day?

 

I lay down on the bed with the book in my hand.

 

It was fun. It’ll be nice if you’re with me. Whatare you doing now?

 

In the midst of replying him, my phone suddenly rang. Jin Young’s sleepy face pops out on the screen.

He is calling me. Video call actually.

 

I pressed the accept button and saw myself at the bottom of the screen.

 

Then, I saw him.

 

He was lying on his stomach on the bed, smiling at me with his blanket draped above his head.

 

“Hello.” He waved at me.

 

I had to face my phone to the north so that he won’t see me squealing into my pillow.

 

“Can you see me?” I heard him asking.

 

I can see you alright. Why do you have to wear a freaking singlet?

 

I admit my boyfriend is gorgeous. But why does he look even more attractive through the phone? Ahh what is wrong with me…

 

“What are you doing?” he asked like a child.

 

I mimicked his position and leaned on my pillow. I buried my face deeper into my pillow, hoping that he wouldn’t notice I was blushing.

 

“Reading.” I muttered. He looked up to the right then back to me.

 

“It’s late. Not sleeping yet?” he said.

 

“What about you?” I asked him. He smiled lazily at me.

 

Stop smiling like that or my heart will burst anytime.

 

“Ah….I’m sleeping soon.” He replied childishly.

 

This boy… Does he know his childish act makes me go insane all the time?

 

“Oh yeah.” he said. “Where should we meet tomorrow?”

 

I tilted my head to the side and tapped my chin. “I haven’t thought about it actually.”

 

“Ah…really?” he said. I nodded my head.

 

“Then I’ll just come to Mrs. Kim’s house tomorrow. Hmm?” He smiled. I did an ‘OK’ sign with my hand to him.

 

“Do you have anything that you want to eat?”

 

Before I could give him an answer, he held his hand up.

 

“No no wait, I found a really delicious restaurant!”  He emphasized on the word ‘really’.

 

“Really?” I said.

 

“Ne.” he nodded. “So just follow me tomorrow. You will be really surprise.”

 

“Uh-huh…”

 

“Oh, you can’t cry after you eat, okay?”

 

“Ooo I can’t wait oppa!” I said in a cute way.

 

He laughed. “Yah, when did I ever lie…I’m telling the truth.”

 

I flip over to my left side and held the phone up.

 

“Anyway…” he said, scratching his head. “Please sleep soon.”

“You too, oppa.”

“I’m going to sleep after you sleep.” He said.

“For real?” I asked.

He nodded his head with a smile. “You hang up first. Sleep now.”

I shook my head with a pout. “Together.”

He chuckled. “Alright. Then we’ll hang up together after counting.”

“Hmm.”

“I’ll do it.” he said. “One two three.”

I grinned at him because I knew that he would not hang up until I do.

“Why aren’t you hanging up?” he laughed.

“Sorry.” I giggled. “Let’s go it again.”

“Okay.” he said sleepily. “But this time for real, okay?”

He counted to three again, but none of us hang up.

I hug my pillow and smiled at him. “Sorry. I’ll hang up first then.”

“Alright.” He said. “Sleep well.”

“You too.”

“Good night.” he waved.

I waved at him too.

“Sleep well, hmm?”

“You too.” I smiled.

“Good night.” he whispered. I pressed on the red button after that or we would be saying good night to each other for another hour.

 

 

-

So I didn’t really sleep well. I’m not used in sleeping at new places. I spend the whole night tossing and turning in the bed.

I almost fall off my seat when the bus came to a quick stop, luckily Jin Young caught me. He was standing next to me as the bus is filled.

“Sleepy head.” He said with a chuckle. I gave him a glare.

He pushed my head until I was leaning on his stomach. Just then I saw an old lady in the crowd trying to balance herself.

“Oppa.” I said. “Can you bring that lady here?”

He turned his head around and pointed at her.

“Yeah. I want to give her my seat.”

“Aren’t you sleepy?” he asked.

“Erm yeah. But I think she needs it more than me.”

He gave me a pat on my head before calling for her. I stood up and help her to my seat when she came over.

“Thank you, young lady.” She said. I gave her a smile.

“Hold here.” I said, placing her hand on the handle.

“You’re so kind.” She said and gave me a pat on my shoulder.

“It’s nothing.”

Jin Young pulled me closer by my waist. I sigh and lean on his shoulder. He chuckled before giving me a soft kiss on my cheek.

“Close your eyes.” He said softly. “I’ll wake you up later.”

 

-

The old lady stood up all of a sudden. Jin Young quickly reached for her on instinct.

“Don’t worry.” she said. “I’m stronger than you think.”

Jin Young couldn’t help but to laugh.

“Is this your girlfriend?” she asked. He gave her the widest grin, “Yes.”

The lady smile and start Mia’s hair. “She’s so pretty.”

Jin Young watched her as she her hair lovingly like a mother. He automatically smiles when he saw her smiling too. But somehow he had a bad feeling about what she will say next.

And he was right.

“She’s fragile.” The lady said and looked at him. He wasn’t sure how to respond to that.

“You must take care of her. Protect her while you can.”

He felt a lump in his throat. “W-while I can?”

The bus pulls over at the next stop. Reaching for the handle, the old lady patted his arm. “She may seem fine on the outside but inside she’s not.”

“W-what do you mean?” he asked. He felt his heart pounding hard in his chest.

The lady smiled at him and her hair for one last time before getting off the bus.

 

“Protect her.”


Sorry. i just had to add the video call scene in here. i was screaming like a fool when i saw the teasers. all of them! but i'm really curious abt gong chan's ending. what a tease! xD

i have a bad news though. my finals starts next wed, so i'll be on hiatus till 15 june.

semi hiatus maybe. i'll update if i can hehe. sorry! =(

 

thank you for subscribing and reading my stories! comments are loved =D

take care everyone! chu~