Christmas night

You Found Me

9.15pm.

How long have I been sitting here? 4hours?

I was lying on my side on the ground with my head on my bag. My body was numb. I couldn’t feel the cold anymore. I guess I was immune to it.

I told my mom every single detail about Jin Young. I hope that she’s happy for me, because I am. If only she were alive today, it’ll be so much easier to tell her about him.

I sighed. Maybe I should go. It’s getting creepy. I’m the only left right now.

But I don’t want to go home. It’s so lonely back there, and dark.

“Mom…” I said. “Should I go home? Or stay here with you?”

I shut my eyes tightly, hoping I would hear her voice.

But I heard someone else’s instead.

“What are you doing here?!” the voice yelled. I almost roll off my bag.

I was expecting a stranger. Maybe he thinks I’m mad for staying out alone in the cold.

But it was none other than my boyfriend.

“O-oppa?”

He holds my face in his hands. He swaps my lip harshly with his thumb.

“Ow!”

“You’re supposed to be in Japan!” he yelled. I my lips and tasted blood. It was bleeding from the cold.

“Why?” he said angrily. “Why?!”

“S-stop screaming.”

He grabbed my shoulder and shook me. “Why did you lie to me? Do you know how worried I am right now? Do you know Mrs. Kim almost had a heart attack when she found out you’re still here?”

“How did she know?” I asked. He shook his head.

“That’s not important. Why are you sitting here alone in the dark?! It’s freezing!”

“I….I just want to see my mom.” I choked. Why am I crying?

His eyes soften when he saw my tears. He pulled me into his arms and hugs me tightly.

“I’m sorry, baby. I should have known when you were asking me that question. I should have known…”

I shook my head in his embraced. “I should have just told you.”

He released me and held my hand. He turned around and stared at my mother’s tomb.

Suddenly, he got on his knees and bowed down.

“Oppa…”

With his head still hanging down, he introduced himself to my mother. He took a deep breath before speaking again.

“I’m sorry you have to witness this. Forgive me for yelling at your daughter. Forgive me for being so stupid for not realizing why she didn’t want to go to Japan.”

I put a hand on his shoulder. “Oppa.”

“I may be lacking. But please trust me. I will never hurt her. I will protect her. I will not let her feel lonely anymore. I will love her with all my heart.

I started crying again. I shook him again but he still refused to look up.

“Oppa…” I cried. “Why are you like this…”

He slowly lifted his head and looked up at me. He reached his hands out to me.

“Don’t cry.”

I buried my face in his chest and cried harder. He kissed my cheek softly and wipes my tears away.

“Shhh…It’s okay.” he whispered to me “I’m here now. It’s okay…”

 

-

Jin Young walked into Mia’s room with a cup of hot chocolate in his hand.  He called her name but she didn’t respond.

His heart pounded faster than usual. Where is she now?

A cold breeze caused him to shiver. He then shifted his eyes to the door of the balcony.

It was open.

He quickly ran out, praying that she won’t do anything rash. To his relief she was just sitting on the stairs with her head leaning against the wall.

Jin Young walked out and patted her head. “Baby, it’s cold. Let’s go in.”

Mia shook her head as she tightens her jacket around her. “I want to stay here.”

“But-”

She took his hand and pulled him down next to her. “See that house? I’m looking at them.”

Jin Young turned his head to the direction she was pointing and saw her neighbourhaving a Christmas party.

“Every year.” She started. “They never fail to have a party. Look at the kids, they look so happy.”

She was right. Those children were running around while the adults are happily chatting with each other. The atmosphere was lively.

She continued. “You know. I would always sit here and watch them every Christmas. I don’t know why, but they make me feel happy.”

Jin Young turned his head back and gazed at her softly.

“Mia…”

“Is that for me?” she pointed at the cup. He nodded and gave it to her. She thanked him and took a sip. “Ow…!”

“Careful it’s hot.” He said.

She laughed and pointed at her pouted lips. “Crack lips.”

Jin Young frowned when he saw that there’s still clotted blood on her lips. “Come here.” He said.

He took her cup and set it on the floor behind her. He then kissed her bottom lip gently.

“You shouldn’t have stayed out in the cold for so long.” He said, brushing his thumb over her lip.

“Sorry. I won’t do it again.” she said it with a smile.

The smile was so forceful that it made Jin Young’s heart twinge.

“Mia…” he called. She hummed a reply and turned her head back to where her neighbour’s house. She smiled when she saw them taking a family picture together.

“Is this…..is this how you celebrate Christmas every year?” he asked softly.

She leaned her head back on the wall but did not answer him. Instead, she asked him a question.

“Do you know why I didn’t go to Japan?”

He paused for a moment before replying, “Because…because you want to be with your mom?”

She nodded her head. “Sort of. But this year is different.”

Jin Young wanted to ask why. But he closed his mouth and held her hand instead.

“You know….” she started. “They say that Christmas is a day you spend with your loved ones. Right?”

He nodded his head slowly.

“I never had that kind of feeling since I was 13years old.”

He knew what she was talking about. She stops celebrating Christmas after her mother passed away.

“So this year….” She continued. “I thought that maybe I could….I could finally spend it with someone…someone special.”

Jin Young felt his heart squeezing with pain after hearing it from . “Mia….you-”

His sentence was cut off when she speaks again with her eyes still focusing on her neighbour.

“But then I feel like I’m being selfish, since today is the day you’re supposed to spend with your family.”

“Baby…”

“So I told myself that I’ll just surprise him after a few days, telling him that I came home earlier.”

Jin Young couldn’t stand seeing her smiling as if she was sharing a happy story with him. He pulled her into his arms and hugs her tightly.

At that moment, he realized how little he had known about her past. He never bothers asking because he knew that there must be a reason why she never told him. But now, he feels like he needs to know them, especially like a day like this.

She whispered like a child to him as she patted his back.

“Go home.”

He shook his head and held her closer. He was so angry at himself for being so stupid.

“I don’t want to take you away from your family, especially today.” she said.

He clutched the back of her head and kisses her temple.

“I’ll be fine.” she said again, rubbing her hand on his back. “But…is it okay if I see you tomorrow?”

He rested his forehead on hers and her cheek gently. “Baby.” he whispered.

“Ah, I almost forgot. Merry Christmas, oppa.” she smiled at him.

 

That did it. He couldn’t take it anymore. He couldn’t stand seeing her like this anymore.

 

He pulled her towards him for a kiss.

“I’m sorry.” he said on her lips. “I’m so sorry.”

She pushed him away slight and shook her head. “Don’t be. It’s not your fault.”

“I should have-”

She put her finger on his lips and smiled. “It’s okay. Go home. But please, give me some time tomorrow. Hmm?”

She was about to stand up when Jin Young pull her down and she fell on his lap. He grabbed her face and kissed her again.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” he keeps whispered to her.

 

-

This isn’t the way I had picture spending Christmas with him.

We were supposed to be walking on the streets, holding hands, looking at the beautiful decorations, grab some food on the way and just enjoy the day together.

Kissing him at the staircase outside my room was never in the plan.

But the way he is kissing me gives me goose bumps. He kissed me with so much emotion that made me cry.

I didn’t want to cry today, especially not in front of him.

But now, these tears just won’t stop flowing.

He wiped my tears away with his hand as we catch our breath. He leaned his back against the railing. bringing me along with him until my whole body weight was practically on him.

Then, he kisses me again.

I know he’s feeling guilty right now. But it was never his fault. It was mine. If only I had been more careful, no, if only I had just gone to Japan, none of these would happen. And there won’t be any crying.

I pressed myself against him and hug his waist. I don’t know what’s wrong with me right now, but I find myself craving for more of his kisses. I didn’t want him to stop.

 

 

And he didn’t.


Surprise! haha. I was taking a break from assignments so i decided to write =)

Should i make this story longer? Or do you feel like i'm dragging it? If so, do tell me, i'll get to the then =)

Oh, i started an EXO K fic staring D.O. Do check it out it you have the time =) here's the link.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/182708/what-is-love-exo-exok-exodo

Thank you for reading and subscribing! your comments really motivates me to write =)

Have a nice day!! Take good care everyone! chu chu chu~ <3