New Year's Eve

You Found Me

The first thing I saw was silver trolley. I quickly open the door and saw a person in uniform was pushing it.

“Good afternoon, miss.” He greeted me.

“Oh…er….Good afternoon.” I replied. He smiled and rang the bell of the opposite guest room.

 

Suddenly, a head poke up from the corner of the door. Before I could do anything, I was pushed back into the room.

 

“Are you aware that he was staring at your legs?” he said and shut the door behind him.

 

“No.” I walked backwards as he came closer to me.

 

“You need to stop wearing those shorts. It’s attracting unwanted attention.” He continued.

 

I sighed. “Did you come all the way to tell me this?”

 

He smiled and hugged me before I could walk any further. “Eeee…..Why is it every time I come to find you I always get a cold treatment?”

 

“I didn’t ask you to come.”

 

He chuckled and kissed me on my hair. “Babe, why is your hair so wet? Why is your shirt so wet?!”

“Er…I just finished bathing?”

He shook his head with his arms crossed over his chest. “Come on, let’s dry your hair. But first, change that shirt.”

“Okay.”

I lifted up my shirt over my head as I walked back into my room.

“Yah yah yah!!”

I turned around and found Jin Young’s jacket on my face.

“What?!” I said.

“Don’t just take that off in front of me!!” he semi yelled, pointing a finger at me.

“Oppa.” I sighed. “I’m wearing a tank top underneath. See? It’s blue by the way.”

“I know I know but…I just…” he let out a breath and draped his jacket over my shoulder. “Where’s the hair dryer?”

“In the bathroom.” I said.

I took the hair dryer out from one of the drawers and plug it into the power outlet. I screamed when I felt myself being lifted up.

Jin Young turned me around and settles me on the counter top next to the sink. He took the hair dryer from my hand.

“I’ll do it.”

Starting from the area near my scalp, he comb his fingers through my hair as he blow dry them.

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?”

“Why do you always appear out of nowhere?” I asked.

He laughed and bends my head down a little. “Like I said, I’m a genie.”

“Urgh, please don’t go to that topic again.”

He patted my head and smiled. “Do you remember my relatives that came down from Busan for Christmas?”

I nodded my head.

“Yeah. They are staying next door. I came to have lunch with them.”

“Next door? Oh! The pink and red hotel you were talking about?”

“Red and white.” He corrected. “Yeah. I was about to leave until you called me. So I decided to come over.”

“Wow.”

He chuckled and came to my right side. “We’re always near each other, aren’t we?”

“Hmm…”

“I guess we’re really fated.”

“I guess so.” I said with a smile. He too smiles back and gave me a kiss on my cheek. “So how long are you staying here?”

“One night.”

“Lucky.”

“Not really.”

 

He switched off the hair dryer and placed it on the side. “There, done.”

“Thank you.”

He ruffled my hair and placed his hands on each sides of my waist. “Hop down.”

Instead, I wrapped my legs around his waist and placed my arms around his shoulder. “Carry me back.”

“Babo.” He whispered and lifted me up. “Aigoo, what did you ate for lunch? You’re so heavy!”

I slapped his shoulder. “Shut up!”

He laughed and placed me down on the bed gently. I pulled him down with me and he stayed on top of me.

“Hmm…what’s all these, eh?” he said with a mischievous grin. He propped both of his elbows up to support himself.

“I miss you.” I said truthfully.

His smile became gentler as he leaned down and peck my lips. “I miss you too.”

Suddenly, his eyebrows pinched together and it focused on a place.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking down to my right.

His hands reached out and touched my shoulder blade. “When did you get this scar?”

“Oh.” I said as I reached up and touched the same spot. “It was a long time ago.”

He traced the scar with his fingers from my shoulder blade down to my arm. “How long ago?”

“Hmm…when I was a kid.”

He nodded his head, eyes still not leaving my arm. “This scar is pretty deep. How do you get it?”

 

“I was hit by a car.”

 

“Car?” he said, looking shock himself. “Were you alone?”

 

I paused for a while before answering him.

 

“No, I was with my mom.”

 

His fingers stopped moving and he turned his head back to me. We both locked eyes for a few seconds without speaking. It felt like our minds were connected at that moment. He knew what I was trying to tell him.

 

It was the same car that hit my mom that day. I was lucky to be alive even though I flew a few feet because of the impact from the car and scrap my arm with some nearby objects. But my mom wasn’t lucky enough.

 

“I’m….I’m sorry.” he merely exhaled. I shook my head. “It’s alright.”

“Does it still hurt?” he asked.

“Well, not..…physically.” I finished off softly.

 

He lowered his head and pressed his lips on my scar. He looked up for a moment before pressing his lips on my arm for the second time.

Every kiss he gave creates tingles all over my body. His lips slowly reach my shoulder blades and stopped. I thought that would be the end of it because my heart couldn’t take his kisses anymore. Instead, he pushed the strap of my tank top down my shoulder and kissed the last part of my scar.

My breathe hitch in my throat when he let his lips linger there longer than I expected. I couldn’t decide whether I was nervous or scared by his actions.

Jin Young lifted up his head and gave me an expression that I couldn’t read. Then, he pushed his lips onto mine.

My hands went towards his hair as if on instinct, tugging a fistful of it as he kissed me harder. He pulled away and drop light feather kisses on my jawline down to my neck.

“Oppa….” I called his name softly. He hummed a reply with his lips still on my skin. It went further down to my shoulder blades, right where my scar was.

I tugged on his shirt. “Oppa.” I called again. But it seems like he has no intention on stopping.

I shut my eyes tight when I felt his lips back on my arm again. He repeated what he was doing on earlier.

 

I tighten the grip of my hands on his shirt and sighed.

 

Does all man like to touch a woman like this?

 

I guessed I’ve said that out loud without realizing, because the next thing I knew I was sitting on his lap with his arms around me.

 

“Oh my god, I’m sorry…I…” He adjusted my strap back and draped his jacket around me again. “I just…I got carried away again and I…”

“It’s fine.” I said, leaning my head on his shoulder. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. “I keep doing that lately aren’t I?” he whispered.

 

“Is all man like this?”

 

He my hair softly and shook his head. “No…it’s…no. Sorry, I just…I..”

 

“I guess I have to get used to it then.”

 

Jin Young held both side of my shoulder and looked into my eyes. “Don’t say that. Never say that.” He said sternly.

 

“You haven’t answered my question.” I muttered, avoiding eye contact.

 

“I…” He sighed and pulled me back towards him. “No, not all..No I mean…we…Ahh…how do I put this…”

 

“Sometimes…we just can’t control ourselves you know. I mean…”

 

“Is it a bad thing?” I asked. He buried his face in the crook of my neck.

 

“I…I don’t know.” he sighed again. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

 

He’s not really answering my question. So why does my stepbrother do this to me too?

 

Jin Young lifted me up lightly and placed me back onto the bed. He run his fingers through my hair and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

 

“I..I think I should go now.” he said.

 

“Okay.”

 

His eye went wider for a moment as if he wasn’t expecting me to say that.

 

“Okay.” he repeated. “I’ll…I’ll go.” He said, my cheek with his thumb.

 

“Hmm.”

 

 

Guilt. That’s what his gaze was telling me.

 

He patted my head one last time before standing up from my bed.

 

 

-

Jin Young looked behind him and sighed. Mia was still sitting on the bed.

 

“I’ll call you tonight, okay?”

 

She nodded her head but did not budge.

 

He gave her a smile and left her room. He run his hands up through his hair and brings it down, regretting what he had just done earlier.

 

Dammit. Why does he always get out of control when he’s with her?

 

A pair of hands wrapped around his waist before he could reach for the front door.

 

“Don’t go…” she murmured into the back of his shirt. He looked down and placed his hands over hers.

“I’m sorry for asking you that question.” She said again. “Don’t go…”

“Mia…”

“I don’t want to be alone. Stay with me.”

 

Jin Young slowly pry her hands away and turned around. He cradles her face in his hands and rested his forehead on hers.

“Stop apologising, I’m the one at fault.” He said softly.

She shook her head. “Don’t leave me.”

“I won’t” he assured.

 

Mia skipped the New Year party that she was supposed to attend with her parents that night. She left with Jin Young to witness the fireworks at a park nearby.

 

The clock strikes twelve. It is now another year.

 

“Happy new year, baby.” Jin Young said, giving her a light peck.

She smiled and buried her face in his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

 

Mia thought back of what had happen for the past few months.

 

Looks like transferring school wasn’t that bad. She thought. I’ve finally meet a bunch of good friends, and got myself a wonderful boyfriend.

She looked up at Jin Young who was smiling down at her. She too returns a smile and hugs him tightly.

 

 

This year will definitely be a good year.

 

 

That’s what she tried to convince herself. But deep down inside her heart, she had a feeling that something bad is going to happen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And she wasn’t wrong.

 


Hello everyone! Erm, is the chapter long? Sorry hehe. I'm currently trying to settle some application stuffs and it's getting complicated so yeah. Sorry for not updating.

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting! =D You little psychics, always know what will happen in the next chap haha.

I hope you'll have a good day!! 

Chu chu chu~ <3<3

 

PS : just curious, how did you guys found my story/stories? =)