Hearing

You Found Me

 

“Are you here to see me or just for my guitar?”

 

 

 

I stopped typing something into my laptop and grinned sheepishly at him.

 



Jin Young sighed with a smiled on his face. He dragged his feet and fall forward onto his bed with his face down.

 

 

He mumbled something when I put the guitar back on the guitar stand.

 

 

“What did you said?”

 

He lifted his head up and repeated what he said before planting his face back down on his bed. “So tired.”

 

 

I smiled and walked over, sitting down next to him while taking the towel off his neck.

 

 

“You’ll catch a cold. Let’s dry your hair first before you sleep.”

 

 

His hands came up and wrapped around my wrist. “Help me…”

 

 

I placed the towel on top of his head and slowly rubbed his hair dry.

 

 

“Is school that hard? Why are you so tired?” I asked.

 

 

“Because you’re not there.”

 

 

“Wow.” I said. “Nice answer.”

 

His laugh was muffled by the bed sheets. He turned his head to his side with his eyes still close.

 

 

“Were you writing a song?” he asked sleepily while scratching his cheek.

 

“Yeah.” I replied. “It’s part of my assignment.”

 

 

“Hmm…What song are you writing?”

 

 

I folded the towel into half and rubbed his neck. “Just….some song I guess.”

 

Jin Young open one eye and peek at me. “I can help.”

 

 

“No….” I muttered.



“What song is it? Sad? Happy? Angst?”

 

“Why angst?” I laughed.

 

 

“Your songs are always so angsty.”
 

 



That was….kinda true.

 

 

“Well, not this time.” I placed the towel over his head.

 

“Yah.”

 

I giggled and leaned my head on his back.

 

“So what song is it about? I want to know.”

 

“You’ll know when I finish the song.”

 

“No…” he whined, shaking his legs behind. “Tell me now. Tell me tell me tell me~”

 

I rolled over and placed my chin on his shoulder. “It’s something different…” I murmured.

 

“Different?” he breathe against my cheek. “Ah! Love song!”

 

 

I immediately sat up and got off the bed.

 

 

“Aha! You’re writing a love song isn’t it?” he pointed his finger at me with the towel still covering his head.

 

 

“You look creepy.” I laughed. He shook his head until the towel feel off, revealing his messy hair that was sticking onto his forehead.

 

 

“Are you writing a song for me?” he grinned. I sighed and looked at my laptop.

 

 

 

“It’s not a love song. I don’t know yet. I’m just…writing.”

 

 

 

He nodded his head with a smile. “When you’re done with it, I want to listen to it. Let me be the first one, okay?”

 

 

I tapped my chin and looked up. “Hmm…I don’t know…I kinda want to let Sandeul oppa…”

 

 

“Yah!” he yelled. “Who are you to call him oppa? I’m your one and only oppa!”

 

 

I stuck my tongue out at him. “I thought you’re my one and only babo?”

 

 

Jin Young pouted his lips out and falls back down onto his bed. “Leave me alone.” He fakes a cry.

 

 

 

“Okay.”

 

 

 

I stood up and started keeping my stuffs.

 

 

“Nooo….Don’t go…” he whined from the corner.

 

 

I unplugged my laptop and put it into my bag. “Aren’t you getting a little…..”

 

 

 

“What! And no, I am not clingy!”

 

 

 

I sighed and looked back at him, trying not to burst out laughing at his cute reaction. “What do you want from me?”

 

 

 

He blinked a few times before giving me his signature grin. “Kiss?”

 

 

“Good bye Oppa.” I said and grabbed my bag. “I’ll see you tonight, or tomorrow.”

 

 

 

“Yah! My kiss!”

 

 

 

I placed my palm on his forehead when he tried to jump onto me. His hands were still failing around and I can’t help it but to laugh at him. “Just take a nap. I know you’re tired.”

 

 

 

“Kiss…” he whines.

 

 

I dropped my bags down on the floor and pushed him backwards until he ended up sprawled messily in the middle of the bed.

 

 

Placing my knees on his bed to keep me balance, I leaned down and peck his cheek.

 

 

But instead, both of his hands came up and pulled me back down.

 

 

And that’s how a simple peck turns into a sloppy unsynchronised kiss.

 

 

A tired Jin Young isn’t usually so clingy and whiny, or should I add, seeking for affection.

 

 

 

There was a reason for him to behave like this, and we both knew very well why.

 

 

 

Tomorrow is finally the day of my hearing. That means I’ll have to go to court, and that means I’ll have to see the bastard stepbrother of mine.

 

 

That also means that whatever that has been haunting me will all be reveal tomorrow.

 

 

 

We both have different worries at this point of time. For Jin Young, he is worried that I would panic and start hyper venting in court tomorrow.

 

 

 

As for me, I might have to tell the Jury something that I have never mention to anyone just to win this court case, something that even Jin Young’s father had no knowledge about.

 

 

Jin Young pressed his lips onto mine over and over again, grazing his teeth onto my tongue in between. It hurts and my lips would already been swollen by now, but I let him.

 

 

When he finally stops, I was actually on the verge of tears.

 

 

“Stay with me.” He breathes on my mouth. I nodded my head in return.

 

 

“Stay with me tonight.” He breathes again.

 

 

I closed my eyes and let him pressed another lingering kiss on my forehead.

 

 

 

“I’ll stay.”

 

 

 

 

-

 

The courtroom was empty, for now. I felt a hand on my back, pushing me forward.

 

“You’ll be okay. Just remember what I’ve told you earlier. Everything will be okay.”

 

I forced myself to smile at Jin Young’s father as we walked together towards a table situated on the front.

 

Everything will be okay. That’s what I’ve told myself this morning. But after seeing the court and some unfamiliar faces inside, I just want to run away and never come back again.

 

I sat on the chair without talking while Jin Young’s father was sorting out some documents on the table. More people were coming inside as it started to get noisier.

 

I turned my head to the back when I heard someone calling out my name. I blinked my eyes when I saw the girls waving at me. Slowly, I saw Shin Woo who was motioning the boys to sit down and keep quiet.

 

My eyes immediately darted around, looking for Jin Young. My mind was so occupied in looking for him that I didn’t realise he had actually sat on the first row just behind me.

 

He smiled at me and held his thumbs up. I nodded my head and return a smile.

 

A lady placed a briefcase on top of the defence table and I recognise her immediately.

 

 

 

Mrs Oh, our family lawyer.

 

 

“Look in front.” Jin Young’s father commanded. I turned back and stare at the judge table instead.

 

“He’s here.” He said softly, and I knew who he was referring to. “Don’t look at him if you’re scared, okay?”

 

 

“Okay.” I merely whispered.

 

It felt like hours had passed before the judge walked in and told everyone to take their seats.

 

I wasn’t really paying attention to what was going up in front until Jin Young’s father gave me a pat on my shoulder and stood up and face the jury.

 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Jung Kim Young and I am here to represent Choi Mi Yan. I want to thank each of every of you for taking on an important job.”

 

 

Jin Young’s father paused as he walked out towards the front.

 

 

“Today, the ten of you are here to make sure that justice is done in this courtroom. And in this case, justice means that you will find that man, Choi Hyun Jun…..”

 

 

 

He turned around and faced the defence table.

 

 

 

 

“……guilty for molesting and an underage girl.”

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

I squeeze the stress ball that Jin Young’s father gave me earlier. Everything was so nerve wrecking inside the court.

 

 

Witnesses, one by one started going up and getting question by both lawyers.

 

 

Even though it was Jin Young’s mother that had taken care of me throughout the entire period when I was hospitalise, she wasn’t allowed to take the stand since she is the wife of Jin Young’s father.

 

 

Another doctor took the stand instead and explained everything to the jury, including some evidence that they had sent to the lab for testing.

 

 

 

Hyun Jun’s DNA was positive for the test, which confirms that it was his child that was inside of me.

 

 

 

I inhaled slowly through my nose and exhaled through my mouth, trying not to retch on the spot. The amount of stress I’m having right now, no words could even describe them.

 

 

My stepmother pretend to cry and tells the whole court that she had been nothing but nice to me, and that this was all just made up by me to cover up the unborn child of mine. What a pretentious woman, she should be given an award for all her acting throughout these years.

 

 

The next person who took the stand was Mrs Kim. I never wanted her to be involved in this case, but Jin Young and his father had both insisted.

 

 

 

“Appa!” Jin Young barged into the study room with a notebook in his hand. “I figured something out!”

 

“You’re not supposed to be here!” I hissed at him. He ignored me and shoved the notebook in front of his father’s face.

 

“Look! Emotional stress and trauma, you can press charges on them too!”

 

Jin Young’s father reached out and held the notebook to prevent it from smashing against his face. “I see you have been doing some research.”

 

“Of course!” Jin Young smiled proudly. “Anything to keep him locked up!”

 

“Well good job there son.” His father ruffled his hair and passed the notebook back. “Now I still have some things to discuss with Mia.”

 

Jin Young nodded his head and turned to face me with his still messy hair. “I’ll look up for more laws. Mia, fighting!”

 

Holding onto his notebook, he practically zoomed out of the room with a smile on his lips.

 

 

 

Mrs Kim identified that I wasn’t being my usual self for the past months and she recognise symptoms of pregnancy.

 

 

“I didn’t say anything because I thought it can’t be true. Mia isn’t that kind of girl. And her boyfriend isn’t one that would take advantage of her.” She continued.

 

“And how do you know that?” Mrs Oh questioned. “He could be the one that is asking her to frame it all on her step brother.”

 

 

Jin Young’s father wrapped his fingers around my wrist when I was practically breaking the stress ball beneath the table. “Breath.” He whispered to me.

 

 

I tried to shut every possible noise out of my ears as the questioning continues.

 

 

I felt him letting go my wrist as he stood up. He smiled at me before walking forward.

 

 

 

This time, it was Hyun Jun that took the stand.

 

 

Normally we don’t take the stand unless it is needed. Apparently he was so confident that Mrs Oh will definitely win this court case that he volunteered to be question.

 

 

I turned around and looked at Jin Young who was sitting behind. He wasn’t looking at my direction but the stepbrother of mine that he had no knowledge about.

 

 

If looks could kill, Hyun Jun will be dead right now. And an angry looking Jin Young is kinda cute.

 

 

“Sir, she literally throws herself onto me even though I said no.”

 

 

 

Breathe Mia, just breathe and squeeze the stress ball.

 

 

“You look really calm young man.”

 

Hyun Jun snorted. “Well I’m not the bad guy here of course I’ll be calm.”

 

 

 

Wow. You and that mother of yours should really go to Hollywood.

 

 

“Look, I didn’t molest her okay? I was just trying to calm her down.”

“From what?” Mr Jung asked.

 

“I don’t know. She was just crying. She’s always crying.”

 

 

 

“It was the 3rd anniversary of my mother’s death!”

 

 

 

I yelled at him before I could even stop myself. Everything became still and the court became so quiet. All eyes were on me, even the juries were surprised.

 

 

“Miss, please refrain from yelling.” The judge called from above. Jin Young’s father ran over and patted my head.

 

“It’s okay. Everything will be okay. Just sit down.”

 

I held back a sob and sat back down on the chair. Turning backwards to look for Jin Young, I let a tear slip down from the corner of my eyes when he gave me a smile.

 

“Explain to me what happen that night you her.”

 

 

Hyun Jun sighed. “I did not her, okay? I bet she doesn’t mind it at all.”

 

 

“First you claim that she forced herself onto you and now you admit that you’re the one who started all of it?”

 

 

The stress ball in my hands burst at that moment, the solid gel like content spilled all over onto the floor.

 

 

“Look mister, I already told you what happen. She didn’t even say anything or pushed me away that night. She didn’t even-”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s because I was blind folded!”

 

 

 

Murmurs started going around as Jin Young’s father turned around and looked at me with his eyes wide.

 

 

The judge knocked his gavel a few times and said something but I wasn’t able to process those words.

 

 

 

“You even tied my hands!” I yelled at him and stood up from the chair. “And every time you see me you just have to touch me! What is your freaking problem?”

 

 

 

It was starting to get noisier and I was pulled back by two policemen.

 

 

 

“Let me go!” I trashed violently around them. Someone grabbed my waist from behind and started dragging me away from the stand.

 

 

 

“Don’t touch me!” I screamed. “No!”

 

 

 

I pressed both of my hands over my ears and started kicking my legs. My eyes were starting to sting and soon my face was stained with tears.

 

 

 

 

“Help!” I tried to push their hands away from my body as I continue screaming.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “Omma!  Omma!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It felt like I had said a magic word when I was suddenly release and fell into someone’s embraced.

 

 

 

 

 

“Shh….You’re okay now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cling onto Jin Young’s mother as I cried onto her shoulder. She hugged me tightly in her arms and whispered soothing words to calm me down.

 

 

I blinked my eyes just in time to see a familiar silhouette standing in front of me.

 

 

 

His hands were reaching out as if he wants to hold me. But then he retracted them back and turned away from me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jin Young walked out of the courtroom before I could even call his name.

 

 

 


 

Hi. I'm currently stressing out with my studies so updates will be slow. Any Finance student out there? ahha. Meanwhile do help me out with the poll below.

 

 

 

 

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing! =D Your comments always motivates me <3<3<3