A rainy Saturday

You Found Me

 taking a break from studies! kekeke =D


 

It was raining heavily. I could see the raindrops hitting my window as I look outside. It was a good weather to stay in bed, and that’s what I did.

I was staring at my ceiling until my phone on the table next to my bed vibrated. I rolled myself to the side and stretch out my hand to take my phone.

 

It was from Jin Young.

 

Good morning, Mia. Are you still sleeping? Just want to tell you I’ve composed another melody for your song. Are you free to meet up today?

 

Ever since I gave him my number two weeks ago, he never fails to text me every day. I didn’t want to give my number to a stranger, but I felt like I owe him one for finding my phone. And the reason he gave me was he can help out with the song we’re composing for the show case. It was a sad song. I don’t even know how Hana can come up with such sad lyrics. Every time she sings it, Yuri will start blaming all the dramas that she’s been watching.

 

Good morning, Jin Young shii. Yes I’m free today. Where should we meet up? It’s raining over here by the way.

 

I sat up from my bed, still half asleep. But the vibration from my phone woke me up.

 

How about the café near the subway station? We’ll wait until the rain stops.

 

I replied him and drag myself out of bed to get ready.

 

---

“So you pluck these two notes, and strum. Get it?”

I nodded as I tried to play it on my guitar.

“Like this?” I asked, after playing it for him.

He shook his head. “You have to do a double strum in the middle.”

He played it for me and I followed.

“So.. What do you think of it?” he asked as I continue strumming.

“It’s good.”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

He smiled and took a sip of his smoothie.

 

I continued playing while writing some notes down on my manuscript book, making changes here and there.

I stop humming to the tune when I saw Jin Young looking at me, smiling.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He smiled.

“You know, you are always looking at me like that.”

“Am I not allowed to?” he asked.

I have no idea how to answer to that question.

 

“Hey, it stopped raining.” He said, looking out the glass window. “Shall we go to the park?”

“Okay.”

 

---

The park was just a 5 minutes’ walk from the café. Jin Young carried my guitar with his left hand while he had his guitar over his shoulders.

He can’t stop asking question about me, like where do I normally hang out, what kind of songs I listen to, what I normally do when I’m free.

I said I’ll tell him my answers if he tells me too. He said he will tell me everything I want to know.

The talk was getting more and more interesting, until he started talking about family.

 

“So I have a dad and a mom. I’m the only child. How about you?”

“Hey, could you teach me the chorus again? I think I forgot.” I said, trying to change the topic.

He nodded and took out his guitar.

“So, you haven’t answer my question.” He said while I was trying to look busy.

“What question?”

“About your family. I told you mine, you have to tell me yours now.” He chuckled.

 

Family, if I can call them one.

 

“The usual. A dad and a mom.”

“So you’re the only child?” he asked.

If you count the original family then yes.“Hmm.”

“So the both of us are the only child.” He said, smiling. “Hey, don’t you feel that we have a lot in common?”

Actually we do. “Not really.”

“Oh.” I could see his face expression change. I laughed.

“So….do you want to do anything today? It’s a Saturday.” He asked.

“I’m sorry but I need to meet up with Yuri and Hana to finish up our song.”

“Where are you meeting them?”

“Hana’s house.”

“Oh, can I tag alone? I’ll be with Sandeul.” He smiled.

“Okay.” I said, packing my things.

Again, he lifted my guitar without asking me.

“I think the bus stop is somewhere there?” he pointed.

I laughed. “No, it’s actually there.” I shifted his hand and point towards the correct direction.

“Ahh…I’m not good with directions.” He laughed. “Shall we?”

I nodded.

 

---

“What the?” Hana said when she saw us.

Yuri pokes her head out from the corner of the door with her eyes widen. “Wow!”

“It started raining before we could even get off the bus.” I said, rubbing my arms.

“Hana who is th-, Jin Young?” Sandeul, who came out of nowhere said. “What are you doing here? Oh my god your both wet! Yah what are you two still standing there, bring them in!”

The girls took my things and led me to Hana’s bedroom while Jin Young followed Sandeul.

“Wow hyung, looking y.” A voiced said from the other room. I realised it was Baro.

“Shut up.” Jin Young said while Sandeul pushed him into his room.

 

Hana forced me to take a shower while they dry my cloths. I walked out from her bathroom wearing her sweater and long sweatpants.

“You should have called us! Why aren’t you holding an umbrella?” Hana yelled while drying my hair with a hair dryer.

“I was! But we didn’t want our guitars to get wet so we just ran!” I yelled back, trying to be louder than the sound coming from the hair dryer.

“By the way, why are you with Jin Young oppa?” Yuri yelled from the corner of the room.

“Can we talk after I dry her hair? I can’t hear!” Hana yelled back while we all laughed.

 

---

“Wow hyung, I didn’t know you were secretly seeing Mia.”

Jin Young hit Baro’s head, causing him to drop his book.

“Yah!”

“It’s not a secret. I was just helping the girls out with their song. Everyone knows about it, right?” Jin Young said, looking at Sandeul.

“Hmm..” Sandeul look up from his book, grinning.

“Why are you both looking at me like that?” Jin Young asked and tossed the towel into the laundry basket.

“Someone’s got a crush!” Sandeul and Baro said together and started to hi-5 each other.

“Shut up.” Jin Young said and sat on Sandeul’s bed.

“Yah, do you need help?” Sandeul crawled up to his bed.

“Hyung!” Baro said. “I could give you some pointers!”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Jin Young said, pushing Baro down the bed.

“Aigoo, our leader is so shy.” Sandeul said as he hugged Baro.

“Shut up.” Jin Young smiled while looking at his dongseng making fun of him.

 

---

“She what?”

“Yah oppa, you don’t have to scream.” Hana rubbed her ears when she told Jin Young that Mia already left.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jin Young said and grabbed his bag and guitar.

“Well, all of you were sleeping.”

“And the three of you look so cozy together. So, yeah.” Yuri added.

“C-cozy?” Sandeul said, scratching his head.

“Yeah. Oh I took a picture!”

Yuri showed them the picture and the boys started gagging.

“Ew! Why are you hugging my waist?” Baro asked Sandeul.

“No that was Jin Young! I’m over here!” Sandeul said, pointing at the picture.

Meanwhile Jin Young was already at the door trying to put on his shoes.

“Did she say how is she going home?”

“I think she’s taking the bus.” Yuri said.

“Okay thanks.”

“Hey, relax. She’ll be fine.” Hana said and open the door for him.

“It’s late and she’s alone.”

“It’s not late yet. It’s only….. Oh it’s almost 8pm.”

Jin Young waved goodbye to everyone and left.

The girls looked and each other and grinned.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Hana asked.

“I think you’re thinking what I’m thinking.” Yuri said and laughed.

 

---

I got a call from my step mother asking me to come home because it’s late. She sounded so sweet and concerned over the phone. Obviously my dad was sitting next to her. Normally she wouldn’t even bother if I come home late when my dad’s not around.

Jin Young was sleeping and I didn’t want to wake him up, so I left.

I took out my phone and played a game to prevent myself from falling asleep. I can’t wait for the bus to arrive so I could take a nap on the way back.

The bus finally came after 10minutes. As I stood up to get in line, I saw a familiar figure running up to me.

“Jin Young?”

“Hey!”

“Did you run here?” I asked. He shook his head as he tried to catch his breathe.

 “Are you trying to catch the bus?” I asked.

He chuckled. “Something like that.”

We got on the bus and took a seat at the back.

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re leaving? We can go back together.” He said to me.

“Well, I just didn’t want to….wait, were you chasing after me?” I asked.

He looked surprised when I asked him. “Erm, I just don’t want to miss the bus.”

“Oh, okay.”

Somehow that’s not the answer I wanted to hear from him. I was hoping he will say yes. Why am I even thinking about this? Maybe I’m just feeling too attached to him. I mean, we’ve been texting all the time for the past two weeks, even during weekends.

“It’s been raining the whole day.” He said. “Are you cold?”

“Nope, I’m good.”

He nodded. Just then his phone rang.

“Oh, excuse me.” He said and picked up the call.

I looked out the window while he was talking. Slowly, my eyes started closing.

 

---

Sandeul called Jin Young and told him that he forgotten to take my cloths

 “Yah, did you manage to see her?” Sandeul suddenly asked.

“Yeah.”

“So she’s with you right now?”

“Erm, yes.”

Sandeul started talking to someone next to him and Jin Young heard a laugh.

“Is that Baro?”

“Hyung! Good luck!”

“See you!”

The boys hung up before he could even reply.

“Sorry about that.” Jin Young said to Mia. But there wasn’t any reply.

He looked over and found her sleeping.

Jin Young smiled as he looked at her head nodding up and down. How can she look so pretty even when she’s sleeping?

Before her head could hit the window, Jin Young slowly placed it on his shoulder.

She fidgeted but continued sleeping.

Jin Young smiled as he pushed her hair away from her face.

He rested his head on top of hers as he thought about what his friends told him earlier.

The boys might be right. I think I do have a crush on you, Mia.