Cry

You Found Me

The school bell rang, indicating it’s the end of our schooling hours for the day. Students started packing their bags, ignoring the teacher that was still giving instruction in front of the classroom. Soon, the sound of chairs grazing the floor and footsteps were slowly fading away.

 

Then, it became quiet. Even the corridors outside the classrooms are empty.

 

I reached for my phone and dialed Hana’s number but she didn’t pick up. I scroll down and call Yuri instead. She too didn’t pick up my call.

 

I lifted my head up from my desk and realized I had just smudged my notes with my tears. Damn, why are these tears keep falling?

 

My phone rang and a picture of Hana appears on the screen. After calming myself, I answer the call.

 

“Mia! I’m sorry I didn’t hear my phone. Let’s go eat!”

 

An unpleasant sound came out from my mouth as I clutched the phone in my hand. I pressed my fist on my lips to stop myself from screaming.

 

“Mia? What happen?” Hana sounded panic. “Where are you?”

 

“Room4…” I breathe.

“Room 4? Level3?”

“Hmm..”

“I’m nearby. Wait for me there. Oh wait I’m here actually.”

I open my eyes and saw a figure walking towards me, skipping to be exact.

 

“Why are you still sitting alone in the classroom without packing?” Hana asked and patted my back. I let out a soft cry.

“Mia? What’s wrong?”

She held my shoulder and kneeled down beside me. “Omg, why are you crying?!”

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and leaned my head back on the table.

“Mia…Mia? Okay I’m calling Jin Young oppa.”

I grabbed onto her wrist and shook my head fervently. “No…”

“No? Why?”

“No…”

“Yes I get it. Omg you’re scaring me. I’m calling him.”

“No please don’t…I….”

I felt a sharp prick in me as I clutched onto my abdomen in pain and groaned.

“Oppa? Oppa come quickly! It’s Mia! No I don’t care about your project. She’s in pain!”

“No..I’m..fine…”

“You’re not fine!” she yelled at me then back to the phone, asking Jin Young to hurry.

My vision started getting blur as I sat back down on my chair. Before I could say anything, I fainted.

 

 

 

 

-

Period cramps.

 

That’s the best lie I could came up with.

 

 

The nurse gave me painkillers when I woke up. I was told that Jin Young had to carry me here when I passed out.

“Did you eat anything today? The nurse asked. I looked at her for a moment before shaking my head.

She sighed.

“First you hurt your hand, and you didn’t eat. So you fainted.” She said, writing something on a piece of paper. “Is everything alright dear?”

Tears started forming in my eyes and I had to look up at the ceiling to prevent them from falling. She smiled and patted my back before calling them in.

Hana and Juri were the first to come in and tackled me with a hug. I saw the rest of the boys standing outside looking concerned.

“Feeling better now? Does it still hurt?” Juri asked me. I shook my head with a smiled.

“Sorry I called Jin Young.” Hana muttered. “You should have told me it’s a girl’s thing. You must be embarrassed now.”

I laugh for the first time today. Hana thought I was embarrassed? Well at least that covers up everything.

“Hey.” A familiar gentle voice called from the corner. The girls moved away to let him in. He placed his hands on my cheek and them with his thumb. “Are you alright?”

“Mmmhmm.”

He laughed. “Is this why you avoided me the whole day? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about Mia.”

 

What? Oh gosh….Not him too.

 

I leaned into his touch and sighed. “Sorry.”

“Erm..” I heard Baro speaking. “You okay?”

Jin young released me as the boys came surrounded me. “Yes. Thank you.”

Shin Woo patted my head and smiled. “Let’s get you home, okay?”

 

Home. No, I don’t want to go back there.

 

“Take her bag.” Jin young said and bends down. “I’ll carry you to the bus station.”

“No…”

“Oppa, we’ll walk with her.” Juri said. “Time to go home, Mia!”

“No…” I shook my head and moved backwards. “I don’t want to…”

Jin Young stood up and placed his hand on top of my head. “You need to rest.”

“I…I don’t want to go home…”

 

This time, I let my tears fall freely. Jin Young panicked and patted my head. “Shh…it’s okay. They’ll bring you back, hmm?”

“Noo..” I cried louder, holding on his hand desperately. “No!”

 

Everyone in the room was stunned with my actions. I looked like a kid that was throwing a tantrum at that time.

 

“I..I’m home alone.” I quickly added before they suspect anything.

“I’ll stay with you then.” Jin Young said. I shook my head again and tell him I don’t want to be there.

“Okay. You’ll stay in my house.” Juri pointed a finger at me then towards herself. “I’ll talk to my parents.”

“Oh. Our parents are out of town actually.” Sandeul said from the corner and Hana nodded along. “Come stay with me, Mia. You too.”

Juri laughed. “I’ll definitely be there.”

 

That night, I told Mrs. Kim that I wasn’t coming home. I didn’t know when my parents are coming back. Maybe I should stay longer in Hana’s house. The idea of going back to my room haunts me.

Jin Young decided to crash in Sandeul’s room. Baro too decided he wanted to stay since Juri’s here. In the end, Shin Woo and Gong Chan joined since they had to complete their final project together.

“Is the door lock?” I asked. Hana shook her head. “I don’t usually lock my door when I sleep.”

I buried my face into the pillow and let out a sigh. “Can you…lock it tonight?”

“What’s wrong? Afraid Jin Young oppa’s gonna come in?” Juri teased. Hana waved her hand in the air as she flips her magazine. “Don’t worry, he won’t do that. The boys will make sure he won’t.”

I smiled and turned around so that I was facing them. “Thank you…”

“No worries. Hey check this out.” Hana pointed at her magazine as we scooted closer to her. Our conversation was interrupted when someone knock on the door softly.

“Come in!”

The door open slowly and a head poke inside. “Hey.”

“Did you just take a shower?” Juri asked him. He chuckled and placed the towel on his shoulder. “Yeah. Erm....Can I borrow Mia for a while?”

I rolled off the bed when the girls pushed me out. “Take your time!” they waved at me with a silly grin on their faces.

Jin Young closed the door behind and held my hand. He led me to the corner of the house where we were far away from all the rooms.

“Sorry. I just needed to talk to you.” He said.

I grabbed the towel on his shoulder and start drying his hair, hoping it would distract him. I rather him saying something cheesy at that moment than asking me questions I don’t want to answer.

 

But it’s Jin Young after all.

 

“Is there something on your mind?” he asked softly.

“Aish, why didn’t you dry your hair? You’ll catch a cold.”

“Mia…”

“Does Sandeul oppa have a hairdryer? You should use it.”

He grabbed both of my wrists to stop them from moving.

“Mi Yan.” His voice was stern and his eyes were focus on mine.

 

 

He called my real name.

 

 

I panicked. He never calls my real name unless he’s serious.

 

“Nothing.” I muttered.

“Don’t lie to me.” He said as he lowers my hand, bringing the towel down with me. “I know there’s something on your mind.”

“If you do, why do you still ask then?”

 

His eyebrows pinched together and gave me an expression that I could exactly decipher. Hurt? Sadness?

 

Jin Young threw the towel on the floor and pushed me against the wall behind me. The grip on his hands on both sides of my shoulder was getting tighter and tighter. I yelled at him in pain and pushed him away. Instead he came forward and closed the gap between our bodies, practically pressing me up the wall.

 

“Ever since Christmas, you’ve been acting strange.” He growled in his deep voice. I squirm under him.

“Ever since New year’s eve, you would push me away every time I want to kiss you.”

I pressed my forehead on his chest in attempt to escape from him.

“Stop.” He commanded. “Stop moving.”

My eyes started to sting with tears as I hit him with my free hand. “Let me go.”

“I said, don’t move.”

 

Those words…and the way he said it to me brings back the nightmare that happen yesterday. Everything that’s going on right now seems like a déjà vu to me. At that moment, I could no longer control myself. I broke down and starting crying, not caring whether I would attract the attention of others.

 


Hello my dears! Sorry I haven't been updating my stories. Was busy with stuffs and....i got sick. My tonsils are infected so...yeah. You guys better take care too okay? Especially those who are in countries that are having typhoon right now.

I'll be sending my laptop to the workshop for reformatting tomorrow. I'll try to borrow my sis's laptop yeah?

<3<3<3!!!