Apple

You Found Me

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. But if you really fall sick, I’m just a phone call away.

                                                                                                                                                                       <3

 

I stared at the apple in my hand and back to the note. Laughing to myself, I closed the locker and headed to class.

Jin Young never fail to put something in my locker. I don’t even know how he does it. Did he come to school early every day?

I settled down on a seat next to the window and looked up at the sky, trying to hypnotize myself.

The peaceful moment was interrupted by an annoying voice.

I mentally groaned in my head.

“Ooo an apple! Is it from your secret admirer?”

“No.”

Jin Ah crossed her legs and turned to me.

“Is it from Jin Young oppa?”

I knew that was coming. “It’s from my house.”

“Oh.” She shrugged and took out her books.

I sighed. She’s been doing this almost every day, bringing up Jin Young’s name once in a while. And she never failed to sit and pair up with me in our composing class.

I told myself she was just jealous to see how close we are. I tried to ignore her like I usually do.

But not until today.

“Ah, that reminds me.” She clapped her hands.

“Apple.” She pointed at my desk.

“Yea….”

“You know, I’m a big fan of apples.”

I don’t care.

“One time, when Jin Young oppa came to my house..”

Jin Young again?

“My mom came into my room with a plate of them. But Jin Young refuses to eat it.”

“He said he wasn’t hungry. But one bite won’t harm right? So I fed him but he keeps pushing me away. Such a meanie.”

“Okay…” I was about to pretend to take a nap when she continues talking.

“So I pushed it in his mouth, but he spat it out. After a while his eyes starts getting watery and he keep sneezing. Then I realized his lips are swollen.”

I sat up and looked at her, trying to analyze what she was talking about.

“Oppa is allergic to apples.” She said. “They call it the apple…nono…oral…”

“Oral Allergy Syndrome” I finished the sentences for her.

“Yes!” I saw her face slightly drop. “Oh, you knew?”

Even though I didn’t know about it, I nodded.

“Oh, well. Of course.” She said and turned back to face the board.

I can’t help but to feel a little jealous. Just one sentence made me feel like Jin Ah knows him better than I do. What was he doing in her house then?

How come he never told me?

No. How come I never asked?

 

-

I ate lunch on the rooftop. Well I had no choice. I didn’t wanted to go to the cafeteria with Jin Ah, but she somehow ended up following me up here.

“Ah! I love this place. Brings back memories.”

“Huh. Let me guess, Jin Young oppa again?” I snap.

Her eyes grew big for some reason. “Did he tell you?”

I stop eating. “Told me what?”

I couldn’t interpret that she looked shocked or scared, but she just shook her head and ate her food.

Should I ask? No that’s rude. No, he is my boyfriend. I’m going to ask.

“So what happen here with oppa?”

She picked up her food with her chopstick but never eat it.

“We used to eat here all the time during lunch breaks.”

What? Even I haven’t done that.

“Oh. Sometimes he brings his guitar with him and plays me some songs.”

He played for her before?

“Oppa would teach me how to play the guitar too. I would press the chords while I strum. He even holds my hand to strum it…”

Why did I ask her again?

While she was still going on about her and Jin Young, I took my stuffs and stood up.

“Where are you going?” she asked.

“Washroom.”

I ran off before she could grab my hand.

 

-

“Have you eaten the apple?”

“I wanted to eat with you.” I said, typing some notes into my laptop.

I saw Jin Young’s eye flicked open.

I crawl out from my bed and took the apple on my table. “Here.”

“It’s okay.”

I pouted. “Just one bite, ahh…”

“I’m still really full.”

“Ahh…”

He smiled and pushed it back to my mouth.

“It’s for you.”

“Just tell me.” I muttered.

“Hmm?”

“You’re allergic to apples.”

His smiled fell and he was staring at me as if I was a stranger to him.

“How did you-”

“Jin Ah.”

His eyes widen at that name. He grabs my shoulder, causing me to fall onto my bed right in front of him. “What else did she told you?”

Damn, why is he so furious all of a sudden?

“This and that…”

“Be specific.”

I looked up at him. “Why is it so important?”

He shook his head. “Please.”

“Why?” I raised my voice. “Is she still that important to you?”

“She said that?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I pushed his hands away. “In fact I realized she knows more about you. I don’t like that.”

“Mia, don’t be like this.”

“Why not?” I said to him. “Do you know how it felt like to listen to her talk about you like you were her boyfriend?”

“Mia.”

I held my hand up to tell him I’m not finished yet.

“I’m your girlfriend, oppa. I should know about it or hear it from your mouth, not from some random girl that has a big fat crush on you.”

Jin Young took my hand and came closer to me. Letting out a small laugh, he asked. “Are we fighting?”

I open my mouth but shut it back. Damn, we never fight. What is wrong with me? I think I’m having PMS right now.

“Stupid apple.” I mumbled. He chuckled and took the apple from my hand.

“Should I throw it then?”

“No!” I quickly snatch it back.

He kissed the back of my hand. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about it. It’s just, well, not a thing to brag about.”

I sighed and looked down. “I’m sorry for snapping at you.” I was practically saying it to the apple.

“It’s okay.”

I lay my forehead on his shoulder. “Were we fighting?”

He laughed. “Nah, don’t remember.”

I smiled and sat up. I took a bite of the apple.

“How is it?” he asked.

I nodded. “It’s sweet.”

He surprised me by pressing his lips on mine.

“You-.”

He his bottom lip. “Your right. It’s sweet.”

“Oppa! You, the apple, no! You-”

He chuckled. “Don’t worry it’s not so serious right now, although it still gets swollen sometimes.”

“Idiot.” I said as I touch his lips.

“You know, a kiss might heal it.”

I gave him a look. “So that’s your main motive.”

He shook his head in denial. “No it’s not.”

Seeing him smiling at me like that, I couldn’t help but to give him a peck.

“Hmm. One more time.”

I did it again.

“Here.” He pointed at another side.

I rolled my eyes and lean in. This time he managed to hold my face in his hands.

 

“I hate you.” I said after he gave me a long kiss.

He bit my fingers as he lay down.

“Yah!”

“That’s for saying you hate me.”

“Aish.” I bring my legs up to my chest and took another bite.

“Mia.”

“Hmm?”

“Maybe it’s time to let people know that we’re together, don’t you think?”

 

I lie down on my side and continue munching. “Maybe….”


Sorry. Is the title lame? i really dont' know what to put hehe.

oh yes, do you guys want me to

1) go straight to the and end the story

OR

2) put more drama before reaching

???

do write it in the comment box.

thank you for subscribing and commenting! =D have a nice day!