Truth

You Found Me

 

Omma? Did I hear it right? That’s…that’s what we call our mother right? Am I hallucinating?

 

 

The room was so silent and it felt so eerie to me. Well, except for the sound of a beeping heart monitor.

 

 

Can I unclip this damn thing off my finger so people won’t notice my heartbeat all the time?

 

 

“Jin Young. Please leave the room.”

He shook his head and moved up to sit beside me on the bed. “No. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

What’s going on? Is she….really his mother?

 

“Why?” she asked sternly. “Because you feel responsible for her?”

 

There was an uneasy feeling in my stomach and I felt my head spinning. I ended up leaning against Jin Young’s arm for support.

 

“Mia? Are you okay?” he asked worriedly. Dr Jung quickly came over and checks my eyes.

 

“Jin Young.” She said again. “I need you to-”

 

“No!” he yelled and hugged me close to him. “I’m not leaving! I’m not leaving her again!”

 

The doctor pries me away from him and cradles the back of my head in her hand. “You’re making her feeling uncomfortable.” She said softly. “If you want to stay you have to be quiet and sit on the chair.”

 

Jin Young let me go reluctantly and sat on the chair. I took a deep breath and lean my head on his mother’s shoulder. She patted my back softly and said, “I’ll come back again. Take some rest, okay?”

 

I clutched onto her coat before she could let me go. “I’m…okay..”

“Lay down Mi Yan.” She said to me. “While I speak to this young man…”

 

I tighten my grip on the fabric and practically buried my face in her coat. “It’s all my fault.” I said, holding back a sob. “He has nothing to do with my head injury.”

 

The doctor sighed and patted my back. “I’m not here to talk about your head injury.”

 

 

It took me a while to realise what was actually going on right now. I shut my eyes tightly, preparing for the worse.

 

 

 

“I’m a gynaecologist, Mi Yan.”

 

 

 

I let out a cry and quickly bit my lip to stop the sound from coming out from my mouth.

 

 

Jin Young’s mother knows everything, and so does Jin Young. No wonder he refused to leave the room when he saw her.

 

I lifted my head up and move backwards so that our faces were visible to each other.

 

“He didn’t do anything.” I choked out. She shook her head.

“You don’t have to say such thing-”

“No.” I cut her off. “Jin Young oppa really doesn’t know anything.”

 

She looked at me then to his son, who was also shaking his head.

“I didn’t do anything, mom. You know I wouldn’t do such a thing!”

 

“Jin Young, what did I said?”

 

He immediately closed his mouth and shrink back into his chair. “Be quiet.” He muttered.

 

She nodded her head once and turned back to me. “I came to check on you and I think you should rest. We’ll talk tomorrow, okay?”

 

“No.” I breathe out. “No. Please tell me.”

 

Her eyebrows pinched together as she held my hand in hers. I could see Jin Young sitting at the edge of his chair from the corner of my eyes.

 

My vision was starting to blur by the tears and I felt the room starting to spinning. I keep my eyes focus on a spot on the white wall behind her and held back the urge to retch.

 

Dr Jung wipes off my tears and patted my cheek before giving me a very strain smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“You were pregnant, Mi Yan.”

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

What was I expecting? To be told that it was all a mistake? To be told that everything was just a very long nightmare?

 

I knew that would be the answer. And of course, I break down and starting crying and screaming like a mad person. I almost vomit on the doctor and Jin Young was trying hard not to cry in front of me.

 

 

 

 

But wait a minute…..

 

 

 

 

 

“Were?” I asked between my sobs. “Were?”

 

The doctor rubbed her hand up and down my back and hummed a reply. “You have a miscarriage.”

 

I swallowed and pushed her slightly so that I can sit back up straight. “You mean…I….I’m….”

 

She nodded her head with her hand still on my shoulder. “You lost the baby.”

 

I started crying again. All the emotions that were penned up in my chest for the past months were taking over me.

 

I didn’t know whether I should be happy or sad of the fact that there was no longer a living thing inside of me.

 

“O-omma..” Jin Young’s voice called from the corner. “What…..happen to the….b-..ba-..”

 

She reached out her hand towards her son and he took it in his. Giving him a nod of approval, Jin Young climbed up onto the bed and sat behind me, pressing his chest against my back. I could feel his heart beating as fast as mine as his mother explain the current situation to us.

 

 

 

7 weeks. There was a living thing inside of me for 7 weeks. But due to the stress and trauma that I have been experiencing, the foetus wasn’t healthy.

 

I was told that I fell down from the stairs, which I don’t recall encountering such situation. And because of that, the placenta that was protecting the foetus was torn. Thus, the baby was gone.

 

“You lost a lot of blood too.” Dr Jung finished off. “So now you’ll have to rest a lot, okay?”

 

I didn’t know how I ended up in her arms, tears soaking her white coat as I stare blankly on the floor. Jin young too had ended up sitting next to his mother, wiping his face furiously with the sleeves of his uniform.

 

 

This is the first time Jin Young has ever cried in front of me. My heart aches for him.

 

 

Jin Young took a deep breath before pulling me away from the doctor.

 

“Who did this?” he asked. “Who did this to you?”

 

I open my mouth to speak, but no words are coming out.

 

“Jin young.” His mother called, putting a hand on his shoulder. “We’ll talk tomorrow, okay?”

 

He shook his head and grabbed my shoulder. “Tell me now. Please!”

“Jin Young!” his mother warned him again. “Can’t you see she’s suffering?”

 

He tugged a fistful of his hair and wiped his face again. “Fine! I’m going to your house right now! It’s about time to tell Mrs Kim what happen anyways.”

 

 

No…no…..not her….

 

 

Before he could stand up, I throw myself on him and hug him tightly from the back, burying my face onto his shoulder. Jin Young struggled to free himself from me, but I held him close with all the energy I had, ignoring the pounding behind my head.

 

 

Everything happens in a flash. Maybe because I couldn’t hold onto him any longer, or maybe because of his constant threatening, I finally told him who did this to me.

 

 

 

The outcome was of course, not pretty.

 



 

Guys. Guessed what happen? I did some research on pregnancy and stuffs while writing the past few chapters. And one day i left the window open and went downstairs to grab water. When i came back up my mom was staring at the screen asking me why am i reading pregnancy symptoms hahaha. It gave her a fright. 

A quick update =) Busy with school stuffs. Quiz and mock test are starting soon.

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! =D And thanks for those who voted for this story =) And of course, for those who stick with me since the beginning even though it took me ages to update one chapter.

love love love~~~ <3

Ps: ok i bet some of u dont even read what i wrote here haha. But omg I'm freaking  in love with B1A4's new album =D