Goodnight

You Found Me

weee, an update so you guys can sleep tonight haha. thank you for reading! =D


I held onto him while wiping my tears. Jin Young didn’t touch me.

“I, I think I should go.”

“Just for a while.”

“Mia.”

“Just let me stay like this for a while.” I murmured.

He didn’t move, not even a bit. I can feel his heartbeat beating faster and faster.

I guess he gave up after a few minutes when he drop his bag and hug me.

“Okay. I’ll give you 10 minutes.” He laughed.

“15 minutes.” I said.

He stopped my hair. “I can’t. The last bus leaves in 15minutes.”

“Then you have to take the morning bus.”

He held my arms and bend down, looking straight into my eyes.

“This isn’t you. Tell me, what’s wrong?”

“Don’t you want to stay?” I asked.

“Of course but, I can’t stay here till tomorrow morning. This is just wrong.”

“You have my permission.”

“Mia.” He kicked his bag to aside and sat me down on my bed. “You need to tell me what’s on your mind right now.”

I don’t know. I seriously don’t know. I just want him to be next to me.

“Do I need a reason to make you stay?”

He shook his head. “That’s not my point.”

“If I let you kiss me, will you st-”

“Mia!” he yelled. He actually yelled. This is the first time he had yelled at me.

He buried his face in his palm and brings it up to his hair. “Sorry, I’m so sorry.”

I bring my legs up and hug my knees, looking everywhere but him. He placed his hand on my arms and came closer.

“I just want you to be with me. Is it too much to ask?” I whispered, knowing that he can actually hear me.

“I’m sorry.” he pushed my legs down and pulled me towards him, running his fingers through my hair. “I’ll stay.”

We ended up in that position for god knows how long. I fall asleep on his shoulder after he calmed me down with a song.

I woke up in the middle of the night to find myself lying down on my bed. My room was dark, I can’t see a thing. I hated the darkness. I always had my table lamp on when I go to bed.

I stretch my arms, patting around my bed for him, but I couldn’t feel anything except the covers.

“Oppa?”

No reply.

“Jin Young oppa.”

Still no reply. The room was silent.

He left already? What is the time now?

“Oppa.” I got up from my bed, trying to locate my lamp.

“Oppa, where are you? Oppa.” I was trying hard not to cry as I keep calling for him.

“I’m here.”

I froze. Did I hear wrongly?

“Jin Young oppa?”

I swing my arms around trying to find the switch for my lamp, and then I felt a weight on my bed next to me.

Just then, the lamp was switch on. And he was sitting next to me.

“I’m here.” He held my hand.

He didn’t leave. He didn’t leave me. He actually stayed with me.

He rubbed his eyes and smiled at me. He looked like he just woke up.

“W-where were you?”

He pointed at the chair next to my study table.

“You stayed.”

He blinked his eyes a few times and nodded.

I felt guilty. I really did. Why did I even ask him to stay?

“Hey.” He said, fixing my hair that probably looks really terrible right now. “Do you need anything?”

I shook my head. “Aren’t you tired?”

“Hmm? It’s okay, I was sleeping on the chair. Do you need anything?”

He slept on the chair?

“Y-you can, sleep here.” I patted my bed.

“No, I can’t.”

“It’s okay. It’s a king size bed. You like my bed don’t you?” I tried to laughed but failed.

He smoothed my hair and rested his hand on my shoulder. “Go back to sleep. I’ll be fine.”

Before he could get up, I grabbed his arm and pull him back. He landed on my bed on his face.

“Mia, I-”

I pushed him to the other side of the bed and lay next to him.

“I can’t sleep.” I said.

He sat up but I held onto his hand. He tried to break free but I held it tighter.

“Mia, I can’t sleep on the same bed with you.”

“You’ll get sick if you take the chair. Don’t worry, I trust you.”

He looked over at me when I tugged his shirt. He sighed and lay back down, turning to face me.

“Do you want me to sing you to sleep?”

“Hmm.”

“Okay, come here.” He stretched his arms out and patted his shoulder. I went nearer to him and lay my head on it. He pulled the blanket over me and sang, hand my hair gently.

He kissed my forehead twice. “Sleep, okay?”

I wrap my arms around his waist and snuggled closer to him. His felt so warm. I could hear his heartbeat, but this time it was normal.

I tried to keep my eyes open. But his gently voice and touch drifted me to sleep.

 

-

Jin Young stopped singing when he felt Mia’s hand slid off his waist. He slowly laid her down on her pillow and adjusted her blanket.

He continued to her hair as he stared at her. The way Mia clung onto him tonight, he knew something wasn’t right. But every time he asked, she never gives him the proper answer.

Could it be her stepmother? He thought.

Or maybe something else in this family is bothering her.

Her father? Her sibling?

No, she doesn’t have siblings.

Jin Young hand stopped when he thought about siblings.

Something doesn’t seem right.

This house has three floors and it is quite big for only three family members to lived in.

There are two rooms on the second floor and three on the third.

Her parent’s room and her father’s office are on the second floor.

As for the third, one is Mia’s room, the other room is a guest room.

There is one more room at the far right where she told him not to go and never mentioned whose room it was.

Could it be, Mia had step siblings? And if that’s so, how come she lied to him?

He looked at her. She was sound asleep. He traced her face gently with his fingers and leaned in to kiss her cheek.

“Mia, what are you hiding?”

 

-

I woke up the next morning when someone was shaking me. I open my eyes to only found myself looking at Mrs. Kim.

“Rise and shine. It’s Sunday. Breakfast with parents, remember?”

I quickly got up and looked around my room. Jin Young was nowhere to be found. His bags were no longer on the floor; he’s shoes were not there either.

“Looking for something, Miss?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Erm..p-phone. My phone.”

“It’s on your study table.”

“Oh, okay. Thank you.”

Did he left? But how? I remember I was totally clinging onto him when I fall asleep.

“He left two hours ago.”

“Oh oka-, what?”

She was laughing. “Your boyfriend left two hours ago.”

“H-he’s not my b-boy… you saw him?”

She nodded. “How come you didn’t tell me about him?”

I looked down. I always tell her everything, but I never mention Jin Young to her.

“We’re just f-friends.”

“Friends don’t stay overnight my dear. You guys didn’t….”

“No!” I shook my head. “We d-didn’t do anything. He just..”

She chuckled and patted my arm. “Alright. Now get ready for breakfast, and you’ll have some explanation for me later, young lady.”

 

-

It was really weird facing Jin Young after that. He never fails to ask me the same question, which is am I alright. Even the girls realized it and keep asking is there anything going on between us.

Mrs. Kim sometimes invited him in for tea when she saw him walking me home a few times. She promised to keep Jin Young a secret from my parents, especially my step mother.

Weeks passed. Classes were getting hectic. I was separated from the girls for a few classes because we were grouped according to our electives.

The library and piano room has officially become my second home. I practically stayed there till late evening, until the girls chased me home. But most of the time, it was Jin Young.

“Let’s try the second verse again.”

Yuri started playing the piano while I strummed my guitar. Hana nodded her head with the beat and sang.

It’s been a while since I hang out with them. But most of the time we’ll be busy doing our group projects or homework.

“Okay enough.” Yuri said. “My fingers are gonna break anytime.”

“Yah.” Hana pointed her paper at me. “She’s not even complaining.”

“Come on, it’s getting late.” Yuri stood up and started packing. “Mia, don’t you have to go?”

“Eh?” I looked at her then to Hana. “Go where?”

“I don’t know, with Jin Young oppa?”

“Oh, erm, we er…”

Yuri patted my back. “It’s okay, guys should wait for girls.” She winked.

Hana let out a huge sigh. “You have Baro oppa and she has Jin Young oppa. What about me?”

“You have three oppas, so don’t complaint.”

“Erm guys.” I said.

“Yeah?”

“Erm, Jin Youn oppa and I aren’t, you know…”

They just looked at me and gave me the most evil grin, grabbing their bags walking towards the door.

“Have fun!” Hana said and patted my shoulder.

“Don’t forget to tell us how your date is.” Yuri whispered into my ear.

“Guys I..”

I turned my head and saw Jin Young standing in front of the door, bowing at the girls as they leave. He turned back to me and raised an eyebrow.

“Jin Young oppa and I aren’t what?”

Oh. Crap.

He leaned on the door frame with his arms crossed. “Yes?”

“Let’s go.” I said, walking passed him but he grabbed my wrist. I looked at him as he leaned in.

“I’ll take that.” he said, taking my guitar. I can feel his breathe on my lips.

For a second I thought he was going to kiss me.

 

-

Jin Young stood up when the bus stopped. “Let’s go.”

I got up and followed him. I walked a few steps and stop.

“Wait, this isn’t my neighborhood.”

He laughed. “Yes it isn’t”

I looked at him. “Why are we here?”

He walked up to me and interlaced his fingers with mine.

“You like hot chocolate right?”

I nodded.

“Let’s go get you one, okay?”

I smiled. I let him lead the way while I followed behind. This is the first time I ever held hands with a boy. It felt, good.

“Shall we call this a date?” he suddenly said.

“Eh?”

He looked down at me and smiled. “Let’s go on a date.”

Date? I can barely look at you in the eyes right now.

“Are you tired?” he asked.

“N-no, I’m fine.”

“Okay.” He smiled at me. “We’re going on a date.”