Uninvited guest

You Found Me

Since Friday, I felt really awkward being around him. But Jin Young never once brought up that topic and behaves normally. He still walks me home every day. But as the day of 3rd year showcase is getting nearer, he would leave straight after school to Sandeul’s house. I have to admit, I miss having him around.

 

My dad was away for business trip, again. And my step mother went out with her friends, as usual. Mrs. Kim left after I finished my dinner.

“Lock the doors.” She said, putting on her coat.

“Yes mom.” I said.

She laughed and patted my back. “See you tomorrow.”

I nodded and closed the door.

Once again, I’m home alone.

I went up to my room and continued my homework. I the radio so that my room won’t be so quiet. Just then, my phone vibrated.

It was a message from Jin Young.

I laughed when I saw his message. He sent one smiley face.

 

Yes?I replied.

“What are you doing now?”

“Homework. Have you reached home?”

 

It took him around 2 minutes to reply me.

“Are you home alone?”

“Yes. Why?”

 

Instead of getting a message from him, he called.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hey.”

“Anything wrong?” I asked.

He laughed. “So which is your room?”

“Huh?”

“Is it the one connected to the stairs? Or the one near the pool?”

“Why are you asking me that?”

“Oh I think it’s the stairs, because there’s no light in the other room.”

When he said that, I instantly stood up and went towards my window, pulling the curtains away.

“Oppa, are you here?”

He just laughed. “It’s cold.” He said.

I went out of my room and ran towards the hallway, opening the window that was facing the streets.

And there he was, standing in front of my house. One hand in his pocket, another holding his phone.

“What are you doing here?” I said. He must have heard some voice coming from above he looked up, and waved at me.

“It’s cold.” He said, again.

“I’m asking what are you doing here!”

“Shh…too loud.” He said, putting the phone away from his ear.

“Wait. I’m coming down.” I said and hung up.

What was he thinking?

 

-

“This….is…good….”

“”Get off my bed!”

Jin Young shook his head and tightened my blanket around his body.

“I’ll get you something hot. Stay here.”

I closed the door and went downstairs towards the kitchen. I was so shocked when he showed up in my house at night, so I put him in my room in case my step mother comes home early. I went into the kitchen and make him a cup of hot chocolate. I went back to my room and found him still lying on my bed.

“I made you hot chocolate.” I said, putting it on the table.

He didn’t reply or move.

“Hey.”

Still no reply.

“Are you sleeping?”

“Hmm…”

“What? No you can’t sleep now!” I went up to him and shake him “My parents are coming home soon! If they found out that you here I’ll be dead! No, the both of us will be dead! Hey! Wake up!”

“Hmm….” Was all he said.

I continue shaking him. “Hey, not funny!”

“Okay okay.” He said, putting his arms out. “Help me up.”

“No.”

He pouted and flings his arms like a small kid.

“Fine.” I said, holding my hand out to him. Before I could pull him up, he yanked me down. I fall forward and my face came into contact with his chest.

“You’re so cute when you’re nervous.” he whispers into my ear.

I froze. I can feel all the muscles in my body tense up. I wanted to get up but my body wasn’t listening to me.

Jin Young held both side of my arms and pushed me backward as he sat up. He smiled and held a hand up to my cheek.

“You’re red.”

I pushed his hand away and stood up, only to lose balance and trip on the carpet. He caught me before I could fall.

“Careful.” He said, arms around my waist. I pushed him lightly on his chest, hinting him to release me but he didn’t.

“Erm, thanks.” I said, pushing him again.

“You’re welcome.” he smiled, looking down at me. I was looking everywhere except him.

“Mia.” It sounded like he was exhaling.

“Y-yes?” I said, still not looking at him.

He brought his free hand up and pulled off the stick that was holding my hair up. I grab my hair before it comes down.

“What are you doing?”

He just smiled and took my hands away. “I just want to see how you look with your hair down.”

“Not that. What are you doing in my house?” I said, taking the stick from his hand, putting my hair back.

He let me go and sat back on my bed. “To be honest, I don’t know.”

“What?” I said.

He scratched the back of his neck and looked up at me. “Well, I was on my way home. I don’t know why I got off at your area. And before I knew it, I was walking to your house.”

I don’t even know what to say to him. Am I supposed to believe that?

“Is that for me?” he said, pointing at the table.

I nodded and passed him the cup of hot chocolate. He smiled as he drank it.

Neither of us spoke. The only sound we could heard was a song coming from the radio, which I had no idea who the singer was.

“Are you coming this Friday?” he asked as he stood up.

“Of course.”

“Sleeping over at Hana’s after that?”

I nodded.

He placed the cup and went up to my balcony. “Can I go out?” I nodded.

He slide open the door and went out. “Oh gosh cold!”

I laughed. He can look so serious and silly at the same time.

“So this is where the staircase leads to. This is cool!”

I zipped up my jacket and lean on the glass door. “You can get down from here later.”

“Can I?” he asked. “Yes.”

“Awesome! Hey, you’re like Rapunzel, minus the hair.”

I frowned. “Is that a nice way of saying my hair ?”

He laughed and turned back to me, pulling of the stick in my hair again. This time I didn’t stop him.

He ran his fingers through my hair, it softly.

“Your beautiful.” He breathed.

My stomach feels funny when I heard what he said. My knees were feeling weak all of a sudden.

“Eh..” I manage to choke out.

“Y-your, I mean, your hair is beautiful.” He gave a nervous laugh and patted my head.

“O-okay.”

He looked at me then back to my room. “I should get going.”

“Okay.”

He went in and grabbed his bag. He wore his shoes by the balcony and followed me down the stairs.

“See you tomorrow.” I said.

He nodded. “Sorry for coming, uninvited.”

I laughed. “It’s okay.”

“Are you always home alone at this hour?” he asked.

“You can say that.”

He nodded. “Should I drop by tomorrow too?”

“Eh?”

“Aish.” He ruffled my hair. “Sorry for scaring you today. Go in, it’s cold.”

I nodded but didn’t go into my house.

“Go.” He said, rubbing his hands to stay warm.

“Call.”

He blinked in surprise. “Sorry?”

“Y-you can come. Just, call.”

Crap. Did I just say that?

He smiled and started biting his lower lip, looking on the floor then up at me.

“I will.”

 

He did drop by the next day, bringing some snacks with him.

 

And the next day.

 

And the day after that.


Weeee! Wrote this when i was having a two hours break in school haha.