Ignore

You Found Me

Mrs. Kim gave me a disbelieved look after Jiho introduced himself.

“Erm, he’s just making sure I got home safely.” I said, pointing at him. He nodded his head.

“Okay. Thank you for bringing her home.” she said, practically pulling me into the gates.

“Wait!” Jiho step forward as he took something out from his pocket. I instantly touched my own pockets then.

“Thanks. I didn’t even realiseit wasn’t with me.” I took my phone from him.

“You were holding it and it was about to fall so I kept it.” He said. “Don’t worry. I didn’t go through anything.”

 

An image of Jin Young saying the exact same words while returning my phone to me appeared in my mind.

 

“Thank you very much Jiho shii. It’s late. Go home before your parents get worried.” Mrs. Kim closed the gate and pushed me into the house, leaving him standing there.

“Now.” she said, turning to me as she locked the main door. “What were you doing with a boy whom I’ve never heard before when Jin Young came running looking for you here?”

“Huh? Oppa came?”

“Yes.” She said. “Now go take a shower while I cook dinner. And you will have to tell me everything.”

I drag myself up the stairs and stopped when I reach the window. I pull off the curtains and look out at the main road.

I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye.

 

-

“Ignoring him won’t solve any problems my dear.”

I sigh and stared at my phone that was still vibrating on the table. Before I could do anything, Mrs. Kim came over and accepted the call.

I quickly waved my hand and make a cross with my arms to her.

“Hello. Yes Jin Young. Yes she’s back home. Don’t worry she’s fine.”

I bite my bottom lip as she sat on the bed next to me.

“Oh, she was in the bookstore. You know how Mia is like when she sees books.”

I smiled. She’s lying for me. Now I feel bad.

“She’s sleeping, must be exhausted from all the reading. Yes. Yes I’ll tell her that. Don’t worry so much Jin Young, it’s just Mia being herself, give her some time okay?”

I pulled my legs up and hug it to my chest.

“Sure, no problem. Good night Jin Young.”

She hung up and passed my phone back.

“What did he say?”

She smiled at me before saying, “He said he’ll tell you everything. But he wants to tell you face to face. So he wants you to stop avoiding him.”

“He used to tell me that.” I muttered. “But he always avoided talking about Jin Ah.”

She patted my head and rubs my back. “Things just happen alright? I want you to talk to him tomorrow.”

“It’s a Saturday tomorrow. I won’t be seeing him.”

“Well, meet up then. Whatever it is, you need to listen to his explanations. Avoiding him will make things worse.”

I lean my head on my arms. “You sound like my mom, you know.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. “I’m a mother too, you know.”

Mother. If only my mother is still alive, I wonder how she will react about Jin Young being my boyfriend. It’ll be cool to have a boy chatting session with her too.

“I miss mom.” I confessed.

“I miss her too.” Mrs. Kim said, patting my head. “I’m sure she misses us too.”

I could feel tears forming in my eyes when she said that.

“Shh…No crying. I don’t think she wants to see you looking like this. Get some sleep, okay?”

“Okay.”

 

-

The sound of drilling and hammering woke me up. I covered my ears with my pillows but it wasn’t blocking the noise. Feeling annoyed, I finally got up from bed.

It seems like it was coming from my home. The sound got louder and clearer as I walked down the stairs. I met Mrs. Kim halfway.

“Good morning.” She greeted me, holding a tray with a plate of French toast and a glass of orange juice.

“Good morning. Erm, what’s going on?” I asked.

She shook her head. “Madam is putting up some pictures in the hallway. How about breakfast in bed?” she smiled.

“Sure.” I said. “But since I’m up, it’ll be breakfast on the study table.”

She laughed and continues walking up to my room. I went down and have a look and saw my stepmother motioning to two men who are holding a framed photo. I spotted my younger self in a pink dress and a flower in my head in one of the pictures. It was our family portrait.

Somehow the next photo I saw makes me cringe.

It was my step brother’s high school graduation photo.

“Isn’t my son handsome?” I heard my stepmother saying.

“He sure is. What’s his name?”  the man asked.

“Hyun Jung. He’s studying business in America now. He’ll be working in my husband’s company after he graduated.”

“Wow, you must be proud of him.”

My stepmother nodded. “Of course.”

I rolled my eyes and turned back to climb the stairs, until I heard the next conversation.

“You must miss him a lot too. Does he come back often?”

“Only during breaks. Oh! He’s coming back for Christmas next week!”

 

-

Hyun Jung is coming back for Christmas. My step brother is coming back for Christmas.

My heart started hammering in my chest.

This is not good. I don’t want to talk to him. I don’t want to see him. I don’t want to be near him.

I covered my ears with both of my hands.

Why did he decide to come back? He never came back last year, why not just stay there?

I curl myself up on my bed and scream into my pillow.

I should leave, or maybe I’ll stay over at Hana’s. But it’s Christmas, I can’t do that.

I gasp when I felt someone grabbing my arm.

“No!” I screamed.

“Shh. It’s me.”

I pushed the person away and waved my hands frantically. “Go away! Don’t touch me!”

“Baby. Baby look at me.”

A pair of hand got hold of my face as I shut my eyes.

“Shh…Mia, It’s me.”

That voice was calm yet familiar. I slowly open my eyes and saw Jin Young kneeling in front of me on my bed.

I was supposed to be mad at him. I was supposed ignore him. And he was the last person I wanted to see yesterday.

 

But that was all forgotten.

 

Now, the only person I need is him, only him.

 

I wrapped my arms around him and hug him tightly, causing him to fall backwards on my bed.

I buried my face in his chest as I landed on top of him.

Jin Young didn’t hesitate but to secure me in his arms, one hand my hair.

“Shh.. Don’t cry.” He said, kissing my head. “It’s alright. I’m here. Everything’s going to be alright.”

 

That afternoon was the first time I’ve cried so hard in front of him.


I'm currently having midterms actually ahah. But aie...lemme update =)

i know it's April but in my storry it's still december so....yeah.

sorry if its confusing! hehehehe....

 

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing! comments are most welcome =)

chu chu chu~~

ps: B1A4 sesame player ended! nooooooo......!