Awake

You Found Me

 

I shut my eyes tight when the light came in contact. I open them slowly again as my eyes followed the doctor’s finger.

 

“Okay. Now look up.” I looked up and then back down. He switched off the torch light and wrote something down on a clipboard.

 

The nurse dabbed my lips with some water. “Do this if you’re thirsty. You’re not allowed to eat or drink for 5 hours, okay?”

I nodded my head, feeling a throbbing pain behind.

 

The doctor put the clipboard down and sat on the chair beside me. “I will have to ask you some question.”

 

Questions. I hate questions.

 

He flipped through his clipboard and smiled at me.

 

He asked me my name, my date of birth, the year now and the name of the school that I’m currently attending.

 

“And your house address?” he asked, writing something down on his clipboard again.

I gave him my answer.

He flipped through the paper and asked me for my house address again.

 

“Er….”

“That was your old house address. May I have the new one?” he smiled at me.

I looked at him then at the nurse, who was also smiling at me.

 

“I….I don’t remember.” I said slowly.

 

He nodded his head. “It’s okay, Mi Yan. Now how many siblings you have?”

“I don’t have any.”

He squint his eyes and shook his head. “Step siblings?”

 

My heart started beating against my chest and I wanted to scream all of a sudden. The heart monitor started beeping loudly. I turned around and saw my heart rate rising.

The nurse came over and patted my back. “It’s okay, dear. It’s okay. Don’t panic. Now breathe in, and out.”

 

I did as told and repeated it for a few times.

 

“Do you know the answer?” the doctor asked.

I nodded my head slowly. “One step brother.”

“Thank you.” He smiled and scribbles again. “Could you bring her friends inside? One at a time.”

The nurse excused herself and left the room.

 

I looked at the doctor and saw his nametag.

“Doctor Kim.”

He looked up and smiled at me. “Yes?”

“What…what happen?” I asked.

“You fell down the stairs.”

“I did..?”

“Yes. You just tore a few blood vessels, your skull is unhurt.”

“I…. How did I fell?”

Dr Kim looked at me and gave a soft laugh. “That’s supposed to be my question. Do you remember anything?”

 

There was a sharp prick at my abdomen. I let out a gasp and clutched my gown. The heart monitor started beeping again.

“Are you in pain?” Dr Kim asked.

“Yeah.. Here…” I rubbed the part and realised something that makes my heart rate accelerate again.

“Lie down.” He instructed and lowered me slowly back onto the back.

 

“I brought her friends.” I heard the nurse said.

 

I held back the question and turned my head so I can see who they are.

 

The nurse called them in one by one, and I was asked to identify their names.

 

I was pretty sure I got all their names right, until the doctor sends them out except for two and started speaking.

 

“Can you give me the name of the boy nearest to the door?”

I nodded my head. “Gong Chan Shik.”

Gong Chan’s eyes widen as he looked at Sandeul.

“And the other boy?” Dr Kim asked.

“Lee Jung Hwan.” I replied. He smiled and shook his head.

“Eh?” I sat up straight with the help of the nurse and looked at them again. Gong Chan ran over and kneel down beside my bed.

“Do you remember me?” he asked.

“Yeah, of course. You’re our cute maknae, Channie.” I smiled and patted his head. He shook his head and took my hand in his.

“Mia…” Sandeul said softly and kneel down beside him.

 

The doctor spoke to the nurse before asking me another question. “Can you point out which one is Lee Hana’s brother?”

 

The expression on their face makes me nervous all of a sudden.

 

“I don’t…..I…”

The boys grab onto my hand and patted my cheek. “It’s okay, don’t cry, it’s okay.” They whispered to me. I wasn’t even aware that I was actually crying.

 

Turns out I had mistaken them both. And I have no idea how.

 

“You have mild concussion, Mi Yan.” Dr Kim said.

“It’s temporary right doctor?” Sandeul asked. Yes, the one of my left is Sandeul.

 

“Yes, it is. You will be better in the future, so don’t worry too much.”

 

The heart monitors beep again this time, showing an increase in my heart rate.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to inject your arm.” The nurse smiled at me while holding up two syringes.

Gong Chan immediately slipped his hand into mine as the nurse injected the liquid into the IV Tube that was attached at the back of my hand.

 

“The patient needs some rest.”

The boys nodded their head and said their goodbyes. But I grab onto Sandeul’s hand.

 

“Where….w-where is Jin Young oppa?” I asked.

 

The boys looked at each other nervously. Dr Kim checked my pulse and asked, “Who is Jin Young?”

 

“He…..”

 

The door suddenly burst open and loud footsteps were heard. Baro ran in looking nervous with another person.

 

“Oh look.” Gong Chan let out a small laugh and pointed towards his left.

“We’ll see you soon, okay?” Sandeul smiled and dragged Gong Chan away before he could say anything.

Baro bowed down at the doctor, explaining the current situation to him. Meanwhile the boy next to him was just looking at me with an expression that makes me mix up my emotions.

 

As for me, I pulled the blanket up and cover it over my head, earning a disapproval look from the nurse.

 

After a while, Dr Kim called for the nurse that was still wrestling the blanket with me. She gave up and left the room with him.

 

I lower the blanket until my eyes were visible and saw Jin Young still standing at the same spot.

 

None of us spoke, but we knew what was going on in our mind.

The feeling though. Never had I imagine such a thing would happen.

Jin Young looked so broken when I am the patient in this room. I swallowed hard and looked away.

 

Just then a knock on the door was heard. Thinking it would be the others, I didn’t bother looking up.

 

“Jin Young?” a voice called. A female voice.

 

I quickly turned to my left and saw a lady wearing a white coat holding a clipboard standing next to him.

Jin Young took her eyes away from her then to me, and back to her. He took a step back and shook his head.

 

The lady or maybe another doctor left him standing there and came towards me.

“Hello, Mi Yan. I’m Doctor Jung.” She said with a smile.

“H-hi.” I replied.

 

She turned around and looked at Jin Young. “I need to speak to the patient, would you mind standing outside?”

Jin Young shook his head and strode towards us, turning in front of my bed and sat down on the chair.

 

“No. I’m staying.” He said flatly.

Dr Jung sighed. “This is rather personal so I would like to speak to her alone.”

He shook his head again. “I’m staying.”

 

“Sorry.” I said to the doctor. “He….he is my…boyfriend.”

 

The doctor’s eyes widen. “B-boyfriend?”

I nodded and gave her an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry. I…”

She shook her head and looked at Jin Young again. “Please leave the room. I need to speak to the patient persona-.”

 

“No.” He interrupted her. “I am not leaving. I’m staying.”

“I reached out and held his arm. “Oppa, I’ll…I’ll see you later? Hmm?”

 

“She’s right.” Dr Jung said. Jin Young shut his eyes and shook his head furiously. Why does he look so angry?

 

 

 “You can see her later.” The doctor continued. “Don’t make thing complicated.”

 

 

Jin Young looked like he's about to burst. Before i could stop him from speaking, he beat me first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Omma!”

 

 


 

Kekekekekeke~~ =P *Everyday I'm shuffling~*