showcase

You Found Me

It was finally the day for our showcase. We have 4 hours before the event starts. The workers are fixing the lightings and getting the stage ready,

 

Never in my life had I performed on stage before.

 

“Now, remember the numbers of your mics. Miss, you will sit here because you’re playing the guitar.”

I nodded at the person in charge for the event as we went on stage for our final rehearsal.

“Okay! Ready girls?” Hana said.

“No.”

“Yuri, you’re always not ready.”

“I’m just not good in singing such emotional song.” Yuri scoffs.

“Oh! It’s B1A4!” some girls were screaming and giggling.

I looked down the stage and saw the 5 of them walking towards us.

Baro hop on to the stage easily and went straight to Yuri.

“Yah! Lee Hana!” Sandeul called as he walked up the stage. Hana walked over to my side and pretend not to hear him.

“Your brother is calling.” I said. She shook her head.

“He’ll probably come over and kiss me again.” She sighed.

Sandeul came over and hug her from the back, swinging her around. It makes me envious about them.

“Need help?” Shin Woo came over to me, taking my guitar before I could even reply.

I looked over and saw Jin Young and Gong Chan busy taking pictures with some girls.

“Is that why you’re here?” I asked Shin Woo.

He chuckled and plug in my guitar. “Smart girl.”

I sat down and tune my guitar while Shin Woo talked to the stage manager.

“Hey, where’s my lucky pick?” a voice asked.

“Hello Jin Young-shii.”

“Yah, oppa, oppa.” he said and sat next to me. He’s been trying to make me call him oppa for days, but I’m still not used to it.

I took out his pick and passed it to him. “Here, I don’t think I’ll be using it.”

“Oh.” He said, looking a bit down. “Okay.” He put it in his pocket. “So…do you remember the chords?”

I nodded.

“Okay boys, off the stage. Rehearsal is starting in 20seconds.” The guy said.

The girls came and get ready while the boys hop off the stage.

“Good luck!” Jin Young said to me before leaving the stage. I waved at him as they dimmed the lights of the stage.

 

---

“Just a little bit more….”

“Yuri, I don’t think I need eyeliner.” I said.

“Come on girl. You have to look good today!”

“Yeah.” Hana said as she applied her own make up. “Maybe you should let your hair down.”

“It’s okay. I prefer it up.” I said.

“Done!” Yuri said, tapping on Hana’s shoulder. She turned over and nodded.

We heard a knock on the door and a girl holding a clip board came in to our dressing room. “Hey girls, you’re up in 10minutes.”

We did a last minute check on each other and followed her out. I was busy listening to her giving instructions until I heard Hana gasped.

“Oppa!” she screamed while Sandeul messes with her hair.

“Boys, you’re not supposed to be here.” The girl said. 

“5 minutes.” Sandeul waved at her. She nodded and left.

Sandeul slung an arm around me and pull Hana closer.

“Show em what you got girls!”

I laughed as Hana shook her head.

“Oh.” He released us and took something out from his bag.

“A cam recorder?” Hana almost yelled. “Are you kidding me?”

“Oh, I’ve got one too!” Baro, who was standing next to Yuri, took one out from his bag.

“Today we will be fan boys.” Sandeul said and pointed at his cam recorder. “I’m Hana’s fan!”

“I’m Yuri’s fan, of course.” Baro said, pulling her closer to him as she giggled.

“What about Mia?” Hana asked, grabbing my arm.

The boys looked at each other and grinned. “I’m sure there’s one.”

“Oppa, where are the rest?” Yuri asked.

“They are seating out there. Oh, we’ve got the first row! Just for you girls.”

“Aww.. that’s so sweet.” Yuri said.

“No it’s not.” Hana said. “They probably scared some fan girls away.”

“Charm Hana, charm” Sandeul grinned.

I was laughing to myself as I watched them fighting, until someone tapped my shoulder.

“Left out?”

“Jin Young!” I almost screamed.

“Oh? What are you doing here?” Sandeul said. “You’re supposed to be guarding our seats!”

“Don’t worry, Shin Woo and Gong Chan got it.” he said.

“Girls, you’re up in 2minutes.” The girl with the clipboard came back. “Boys, I’m sorry but you can’t be here unless you’re allowed to.”

“Okay. We’ll leave soon, promised.” Jin Young smiled at her. She smiled back and nodded, blushing.

“Wow.” I said. He chuckled.

“All right, we’ll be watching!” Baro said and kissed Yuri cheek. Sanduel hugged Hana tight until she started messing with his hair.

“Yah.” Baro nudged me. “Give your fan a hug.”

“Fan?” Jin Young asked, looking at us,

“Oh ya! Hug your fan, Mia!” Sandeul said.

“It’s nothing.” I said to Jin Young.

“Aigoo.” Baro shook his head and pushed me towards Jin Young. I tripped over my heels but luckily Jin Young caught me.

“Yah! If my guitar breaks I’ll break you!” I screamed back.

“Wow!” The two boys said.

“You alright?” Jin Young asked, holding my arms. I nodded.

“1 minute!” the girl called. Hana motioned me over as Yuri took my guitar from my hand. The boys wished us good luck for one last time and left.

When I was about to joined the girls, I felt someone pulling my right arm. The person spun me around and my face hit the person’s chest. The person hugged me lightly. Before I could even push the person away, he talked.

“Good luck, miss singer. Your fan, Jin Young will be cheering for you.”

He released me and chuckled. I was too surprised to even speak.

“Mia!” I heard Yuri called.

“Go.” Jin Young said. I nodded and left without saying a word.

“Yah.” Hana tapped Yuri’s shoulder.

“Yes?”

“Just how much blusher did you put on her cheeks, she’s red.”

“I didn’t put any,” Yuri said, looking at me.

I smiled as I put both of my hands on my cheeks.

“Nervous?” Hana asked. I shook my head. “Happy.” She and Yuri laughed as I took my guitar.

 

Because Jin Young just hugged me.

 

---

Jin Young ran back to join the boys at the front row. Sandeul and Baro were already holding their cam recorder.

The host introduced the next performer and the girls came on stage. They introduced themselves and gave a brief explanation about their self-composed song.

“Shoot!” Sandeul said.

“What happen?” Shin Woo, who was seated next to him asked.

“Low battery!”

Gong Chan started laughing but stopped when Jin Young hushed him.

Just then, Mia started playing the guitar and Yuri sang along.

 

The words I’m saying right now, I don’t know if they’ll hurt you. They’ll probably make you hate me forever.

 

Mia slipped a note because she was too nervous. Meanwhile Jin Young was also sitting up straight focusing on Mia’s hand.

“Yah Baro, give me that, my sister is singing soon.”

“Go away.”

“Hurry!” Sandeul snatched the cam recorder out of Baro’s hand as Hana started singing her part.

 

Baby I’m sorry, even when I’m with you, I’m Lonely, I must be lacking when it comes to love, please forgive this person horrible person I am.

While Shin Woo was busy making the boys to calm down, Jin Young was too busy focusing on Mia’s hand.

She did it. The tricky double note before the chorus that he added on last minute.

 

Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely, baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely.

 

Mia sang as she strums the chorus, nodding along with the beat.

Hana continued after her as Yuri nodded along.

Jin Young leaned back on the chair as he sees Mia loosen up while Gong Chan was mouthing the lyrics. The other two boys finally decided who will hold the cam recorder while Shin Woo shook his head at Jin Young.

On stage, the girls looked down and saw two goofy boys waving at them, pointing at their cam recorder. They tried hard not to roll their eyes or laugh.

Jin Young saw Mia looking at them and gave her a smile, holding his thumbs up. Mia smiles back and she sings her part of the song.

After they finished their performance, Baro and Sandeul raced up the stage and gave the two girls a bouquet of roses as the crowd cheered for them.

Mia pretended to look busy by unplugging all chords from her guitar, as she told herself no one will give her any flowers.

But she was wrong.

A bouquet of pink rose appeared right in front of her eyes. Her eyes widen in surprise as she look up from the floor and saw the familiar smile that make her heart flip every time she sees it.

Two words escaped from the corner of as she stood up and took the bouquet.

 

 

 

“Jin Young.”


the songs lyrics i used is 2ne1 lonely =)

weee one chapter for you guys! sadly there are still classes going on. but i'll update whenever i can, okay?

<3<3<3!