Confession

You Found Me

 

 

“WELCOME HOME!”

“MIA!”

“YAH TOO LOUD!”

 

 

I blinked my eyes once. Twice. Three times.

 

 

Okay make that four.

 

 

I turned around and looked for Mrs. Kim, where she was standing at the corner of the living room with a smile plastered all over her face.

 

 

So this was all planned beforehand.

 

 

The girls practically dragged me down the stairs while the boys were busy playing with their self-made confetti and balloons.

 

So this is why Mrs. Kim can’t wait to send me off to bed after I had my lunch.

 

“Surprise.” She grinned at me.

“You’re so mean.” I said. She laughed and patted my back.

 

“Come on, boys. Dinner is ready.”

 

Sandeul was practically the first to dash into the dining room with confetti still stuck in his hair. Mr. Kim was already seated on the table.

 

I turned around to look for the person that I’ve wanted to see since morning. And that person had a balloon tied to his neck.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and took a seat next to me.

 

“I’m trying to lift myself up with the balloon.” He replied with a pout. “But it’s not working.”

 

I sighed and untie the string from his neck and release the balloon so that it flies up to the ceiling.

 

 

“Sit down.” I grabbed onto his shirt when he was trying to reach for the balloon.

 

 

 

 

-

 

“Erm, can you guys like, let me go?”

 

I can feel Hana shaking her head on my shoulder. “Nope.”

 

“But I kinda need to use the bathroom.”

 

“I miss hugging you.” Yuri sighed, voice muffled by my other shoulder.

 

“Er yeah you can do that after I use the bathroom.”

 

Hana released my arm and practically wrapped her arms around my waist, leaning her head on my lap. “Quiet. I’m trying to enjoy this.”

 

I looked up and pleaded Jin Young with my eyes. He was busy laughing at us.

 

“Guys…. I need to pee…”

 

Baro crawled over and patted Yuri’s head. “She won’t go anywhere. Just let her use the washroom.”

 

Juri reluctantly let me go but Hana was still clinging onto me. Sandeul shook his head and practically lifted her off my lap.

 

All 8 of us spend the whole night talking about everything in the guest room. From school to their band practices, from Shin Woo’s new food invention to Sandeul getting indigestion because he ate too fast again, from final exams to college applications for the boys.

 

 

Yuri sighed out loudly. “I can’t believe you’ll be graduating soon.” She said and snuggled closer to Baro.

“Well, it’s not like we won’t see each other anymore.” Sandeul said. Gong Chan nodded his head.

“We will miss you girls.” Shin Woo smiled.

“Oh don’t worry, we won’t.” Hana said while waving her hand. “Especially you.” She pointed at her brother.

“My sister is being mean again.” Sandeul fake a cry. “Why are you so mean…”

 

I hugged my legs closer to my chest and watched the Lee siblings bicker again while the rest are trying to push them apart.

“I want Sandeul as my brother.” I whisper to myself. But then, it was always Jin Young that hears everything.

 

“I don’t think so.” He said placed his chin on my arm. “He’ll probably steal all your food. That explains why Hana is so skinny.”

 

“I don’t mind. He really loves her.” I said softly. Jin Young didn’t say anything but placed a kiss on my arm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What about me? I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Time seem to stop at that moment. I couldn’t hear anything but those words that Jin Young had said. Not even when Gong Chan was laughing at Sandeul when Hana elbowed him in the stomach. Not even my own breathing could be heard.

 

I turned my head slowly and looked down at him. He leaned his cheek against my arm and smiled up at me.

 

 

So close. Our faces we so close. The tip of our nose was almost touching.

 

 

Jin Young pushed himself up and pressed a chaste kiss at the corner of my mouth before patting my cheek. His mouth was moving, but I can’t seem to catch those words.

 

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

He smiled and shook his head. “Nothing.”

 

 

 

A loud forced yawn was heard and I saw Baro smacking his lips together. “I’m sleepy. I think it’s time we head home.”

 

“Yeah. We better leave now before we missed the last bus.” Shin Woo added with a smile.

 

Everyone started standing up and grabbed their bags. I was the only one still sitting on the floor, immobilize.

 

 

“We’ll visit tomorrow again, okay?” Yuri kneeled down and hug me. I nodded my head in return.

 

“I’ll walk you guys out.” Jin Young stood up from the floor beside me.

 

“You’re not leaving?” Gong Chan asked.

 

“Dude, he lives just across the street.” Shin Woo said and nudge his head.

 

After a few bear hugs and constant waving to each other, I was the only one left in the room again.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

The door creaked open slowly and a shadow cascades down on the wall in the room.

 

“Mia?”

 

I stared blankly at the shadow that was slowly getting bigger. Then, he switched on the lights.

 

 

 

I quickly closed my eyes.

 

 

I heard him walking towards me. Then, I felt the mattress dip as he climbed into bed behind me.

 

 

He didn’t touch me or called my name. We stayed like that in silence for a while as the sound of our breathing echoes in the room.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” He finally breathes out. “I shouldn’t have said that.”

 

 

I fist my hand into the pillow that I was lying on.

 

 

“I know you’re still awake, Mia.”

 

 

Damn him for knowing me so well.

 

 

I turned around slowly to face him. He was leaning on his back with his hands claps together on top of his chest, eyes closed.

 

I went closer to him, threading my finger through his thick hair. His eyes slowly fluttered open at my touch.

 

 

“Can I ask you something?” I spoke softly. He hummed a reply.

 

I keep my hands in his hair as he stared at the ceiling above, waiting for me to continue.

 

 

“What if…… it were alive?”

 

Jin Young glance at me from the corner of his eyes without turning his head. “Alive?”

“Hmm.”

“What….are you talking about?”

 

Why were we whispering, I don’t know. It’s not like we’re doing anything wrong. We were just lying next to each other, which we had done it so many times.

 

I open my mouth and closed it back again. The word that I wanted to say sounded so foreign to me. Instead, I bring my hands away from his hair and placed it on top of his stomach.

 

 

 

“This.”

 

 

He brought his right hand down and covers it on top of mine. “Are you tired?”

 

I pressed my lips on his arm. “Don’t change the question.” I mumbled. His hand tightened around mine and he let out a sigh.

 

 

“Mia. Let’s not think about it.”

 

I moved my head away from his arm. “Why?”

 

 

He rubbed the top of my hand with his thumb without answering my questions.

 

 

I propped myself up with the support of my elbows and looked down at him. His eyes were closed. I bit my bottom lip and repeated my question. “What will you do if it is still inside me?”

 

 

He sighed again. “Mia, let’s ju-”

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you still love me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

With that word, his eyes shot open and our eyes locked at instances. He pushed himself up from the bed and cradles my face in both of his hands.

 

 

 

“Mia.” He choked out. “Don’t…please don’t…”

 

 

 

I stared at him, feeling something clog in my windpipe as well. I know it was a sensitive question for the both of us, but I wanted to know his true answer.

 

I leaned forward and pressed my forehead against his. “Please. Just tell me.”

 

 

He exhaled shakily against my lips before pecking them softly. “Of course I would. I will still love you. Gosh Mia, why are you asking this?”

 

 

“Will you keep the child?”

 

 

He move backwards and gave me a pleading look. “Stop okay? Just stop.”

 

“Will you keep the child?” I asked again, feeling myself trembling. He looked down for a few seconds before placing his hand on the place where a baby would be.

 

 

 

“I don’t know….” He finally admitted. “Will you keep it?”

 

 

This time it was my turn to choke out a sob. “I don’t know.”

 

 

Jin Young immediately pulled me into a tight hug, rubbing my back soothingly.

 

 

“Stop it, Mia. You’re hurting yourself again. Stop thinking about it.”

 

 

I buried my face into his shoulder and let my tears flow freely. “I was scared. I didn’t mean to lie.”

 

 

“What are you scared about?”

 

I sniffed. “I was scared that if you find out you will…..”

 

 

“Don’t. Stop it.”

 

 

“…..you will leave me.”

 

“Mia.”

 

“I don’t even know what to do then.”

 

“Shh… It’s okay.”

 

“No it’s not.”

 

 

He held me by the shoulder and pushed me away so that he could see me. “I won’t leave you, Mia.”

 

“But what if I really have this baby…”

 

“Mia.” He growled. “I said stop it.”

 

I cried out loudly, not bothering to soften the sound that was coming out from my mouth.

 

Jin Young wiped my tears away and placed a kiss on my forehead. “Shh… Let’s just sleep, okay?”

 

I fist the front of his shirt and open my mouth. “I….I..”

 

“Don’t.” he said and placed his thumb on top of my lips. “Don’t say it.”

 

I shook my head and his thumb slipped away. “I’m sorry for lying.”

 

“It’s okay.” He whispered softly.

 

“No. I was so selfish.”

 

“Shh. Enough. Let’s sleep.”

 

I held onto him when he tried to lay me down on the bed.

 

“I….I just…. I like…you…”

 

 

He stopped pushing me and stared at me. “W-what?”

 

 

“I like you.” I said to him. I don’t even know where I’ve gotten the courage to actually say such a thing to him for the first time.

 

His eyes slightly widen by my confession. “Mia…”

 

 

“I just…. I really really like you…And…I don’t…I don’t want you to leave me..”

 

 

“Shh…”

 

 

“You’re the first….the first person who is so nice to me and spoils me all the time and I don’t get to experience this so often and I just…..”

 

 

 

His lips were instantly on mine, stopping those words from coming out.

 

 

 

“Stop it.” He said again.  

 

 

I pressed the palm of my hand into the socket of my eyes. “I don’t deserve you.”

 

 

“I said stop it.”

 

 

I looked up at him. “Oppa…”

 

 

He drew me close to his chest and lay the both of us down on the bed. “I don’t want to hear anymore. So please, stop it.”

 

 

“But-.”

 

 

His shut me off again by kissing me hard, taking all the oxygen away from my lungs.

 

 

“Don’t. Talk. Anymore.” He mumbled on my lips.

 

 

Our lips connected again. This time the kiss was deep and needy. He bit my lower lip before caressing them with his tongue. The kiss was so different than the others that it made my skin crawl. My breath was running short and my mind was spinning.

 

 

Jin Young broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against mine. “Sorry. I got carried away...I….I’m sorry…”

 

 

 

Still holding his face in between my palms, I reached up and pressed a soft, slow sweet kiss on his lips.

 

 

 

“Oppa….” I called out. He brushed away the hair that was sticking onto my face.

 

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is it. I told myself. It is now or never.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 


 

Hi. I have some...bad news? I'm gonna be on break now till 4th feb. Finals starts next monday arrgghhhh hate exams. 

Yeah. So erm...yeah. hehehe. Wait for me!! =D