The End ♥

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol caught Sun Ji staring at him for some time. He smiled. “Separately. I wonder when will we get married separately- that’s what I mean. Look at your face” he chuckled as he ruffled her hair. “You should stop saying things like that and treating me like this. Your girlfriend will not be too happy with it” Sun Ji said.

“Ah~ Speaking of her, I really don’t know what to do for her birthday” Chanyeol sighed. “Why don’t you sing her a song? I think she’ll like it” she suggested. “Seriously? Me? Sing? Well… that’s not a bad idea though. Will she like it if I sing her favourite song?” he asked. Sun Ji felt a tug inside her. She still can hear Jong In’s voice singing her favourite song. She smiled and nodded while playing with the ring that she was wearing. It was the couple ring that Jong In bought long time ago. “I’ll bet she’ll like it” she answered.

Chanyeol knew that Sun Ji was thinking of Jong In at that moment. He looked up at the sky. “AH~ that bastard really! How long is he planning on making me take care of you? Why did I make that promise with him in the first place? Should I go to the U.S. and hit him in the head to make him remember us?” he looked at Sun Ji who was staring at him. She chuckled. “Oppa”

“It’s been seven years but he still can’t remember anything. Is he some kind of an idiot or what? I really think his head needs to be hit for his memories to come back” he continued. Sun Ji continued playing with the ring. “How’s he doing? Did you talk with his mom or with Sehun about him?” Chanyeol’s tone was serious when he asked that.

“I haven’t talked with his mom or with Sehun for a month. They’re busy with their work and I’m also busy with the new branch of hotel here in Seoul. But Sehun told me that Jong In’s fine. He’s living well” she replied. “Good for him. That good for nothing punk…” Chanyeol muttered. “Oppa” Sun Ji mumbled. “Hmm?” he looked at her.

“Do you think he’ll remember us? I mean… seven years is a long time and… you know…” she trailed off while looking down on her ring. Chanyeol hit her head lightly. She looked at him. “He’ll remember… that’s for sure” he smiled.

His phone rang. “Hello?” he answered. “Okay, I’ll be there” he nodded after some time. “I have to go. I still need to look at some suggestions for the magazine” he said as he stood. “Take care oppa and don’t forget to practice the song for your girlfriend” she nodded. “I’ll be going then” he bid goodbye then walked away.

Sun Ji sat alone for some minutes. After 7 years of waiting, Jong In still can’t remember them – her. After what happened 7 years ago, everyone seems to have moved on. But she’s still somewhat stuck with that nightmare. She still can remember the look on Jong In’s face when he woke up at the hospital after 5 days of coma. The first thing that he asked was who she was.

*Will she really remember me?* she asked herself. She found herself at the bridge just above the pool of water where she first met Jong In. Somewhere in her heart, she wanted to turn back time and meet him again there. She kept on playing with her ring.

“Am I really that miserable that I’ve been waiting for a very long time? Why am I hoping for something so impossible to happen?” she sighed. To her surprise, the ring slipped from her fingers and fell. She hurriedly went down. Without even taking off her shoes or folding her pants, she entered the water to look for it.

“I can’t lose that… I can’t lose that… Where is it?” she bit her lip while searching for her ring. The water was not that clear because of the stones and gravel on it. She kept on looking for it. She can’t stop herself from sobbing. That ring is very precious for her. “I can’t lose that…” she mumbled while wiping her tears.

“Miss, what are you looking for?” someone asked.

She didn’t bother looking at the owner of that voice. She was too focused on looking for her ring. “My ring… I can’t find it” she replied between sobs while still searching for it. “I’ll help you look for it” the voice said. “Thank y---” she stopped when she saw who the man was. Her world stopped.

“J-Jong In-ah…” she mumbled. Jong In removed his shoes and folded his pants before entering the water. Sun Ji can’t believe that he was there. She just stared at him – who was busy searching for her ring. She can’t stop the tears flowing from her eyes even more. It felt like dejavu.

Sun Ji fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter