D-Day

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ji can’t stop thinking of Jong In. She knew to herself that she’s falling for her bestfriend but she was hesitant on telling him. She was scared of risking their friendship. She was scared of losing him.

She came to her senses when someone tapped her arm. It was Rina. “Is there something bothering you?” her cousin looked at her with concerned eyes. Sun Ji shook her head then smiled. “I’m just thinking about something…”

Rina pouted then sipped from her cup of orange juice. “I heard you’re getting along with Kyungsoooppa… Do you have something to share?” Sun Ji brushed off all her thoughts about Jong In and started teasing Rina.

Rina almost choked to death when she heard that. Her face and ears automatically turned red because of embarrassment. “I see… So there really is something going on…” Sun Ji continued teasing her.

“N-nothing’s going on… You’re talking nonsense…” Rina immediately denied. She spoke in Japanese language. Sun Ji can’t stop adoring how cute her cousin is. “Do you know you always speak in Japanese when you’re embarrassed or lying?” Sun Ji asked with her serious voice.

Rina looked at her. She blinked many times. “Just tell me… is there something going on?” Sun Ji crossed her arms – another thing that she learned from Kris in his ‘Interrogation 101’. Rina looked down. She was avoiding eye contact.

“H-he…”Rina mumbled. She was playing with her fingers just like a shy kid. “He?” Sun Ji repeated. “He asked me out…” Rinaconfessed. She was still blushing. A wide smile can be seen on Sun Ji’s face. “And then? What did you say?” Sun Ji asked like a curious kid.

“I said I will go out with him…” Rina answered right away. “I don’t know why I like him… Just… I fell for him…”Rina continued. Sun Ji was happy for them but she felt a little bit of jealousy. She was jealous of Rina’s courage of admitting that she liked someone.

“Now that I told you… Can you tell me what’s happening between you and Jong In – your so called bestfriend?” Rina started her counter-attack. Sun Ji did not answer. “Tell me something… I told you about what’s happening with me… That will be unfair” Rina whined.

“I don’t know…” Sun Ji shook her head. Rina was confused. “What do you mean you don’t know?” she asked. “I don’t know what’s happening between us… I don’t know if I could trust my heart with any decision now…”

Rina can see that her cousin was confused. “But… you’re aware right? How about Chanyeol?”

Upon hearing that, Sun Ji fell into a deep thought.

 

Minseok was absent-mindedly running in the field. “Minseok-ah!” someone yelled. The next thing he knew, he was lying down. The ball hit his head. “Are you okay? Minseok-ah!”Luhan rushed to his side.

Minseok tried to stand up. Luhan helped him. “Get him to the clinic!” their coach instructed one of their junior players. Minseok tried to say that he was okay but the coach did not listen to him. One of the players accompanied Minseok to the clinic.

Luhan looked at his friend walk away. He knew about what’s bothering him and he was trying his best to help his friend. He was supposed to return to his post when he saw some familiar faces leaving the audience’s seats.

*What are they doing here?* Luhan asked himself. Kris and Lay were leaving. Luhan saw Lay looked at him. His face was calm and expressionless. Kris was as usual with his cold aura.

“Luhan!” their coach called him. He started running to his post. *Are they here to torture me or what?* he bit his lower lip.

On the other hand, Minseok was sitting at the clinic. A girl – maybe someone who was helping there came with an ice pack. She gave it to him. He pressed it on his head.

“It looks like you were hit because you were thinking about something…” the girl told him. Minseok looked at her. He was with his poker face.

“Am I right? If you’re going to play soccer with your mind somewhere, you might get hurt. Just like what happened just now…” the girl also looked at him. She looked cheerful and accommodating.

Minseok was still just sitting there without saying anything. “People are always out of their minds when they’re in love…” the girl said again. Minseok held the ice pack tighter. “Or when they’re broken hearted… I really don’t understand why…” she continued.

Minseok stood and left the ice pack on the table. “Where are you going? You still---” she stopped what she was about to say when Minseok turned to her with his pissed off face.

“Somewhere… where there are no people blabbing about something that they don’t even have any idea about…” Minseok told her then left the place. The girl just stood there… still surprised.

 

“Tonight’s the night right?” Sehun asked Jong In. They were both sweating from dancing. Jong In nodded. “It’s my D-Day… I hope it will go smoothly…” Jong In wiped his sweat. “It will…”Sehun patted his back.

Jong In decided on telling Sun Ji about what he’s feeling. He had a good feeling about what’s going to happen. He had a very weird dream the other day. He dreamt about telling Sun Ji not to go to ‘him’ and that she should not leave him. In his dream, Sun Ji stayed… in his arms.

It was a dream for him. It was real for Sun Ji.

 

“You should tell him tonight…” Baekhyun told Chanyeol. “Make sure that you tell her…” Jongdae joined the conversation. “I will… tonight’s my D-Day… I’m going to tell her…” Chanyeol nodded.

Chanyeol decided on telling Sun Ji about what he’s feeling. He’s not sure about what’s g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter