Found

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yixing” Kris poked his friend’s face. Lay frowned as he opened his eyes. “Why?” Lay mumbled. “It’s time to get up” Kris pulled the blanket that was covering Lay. He pulled himself into a curling position because of the cold breeze.

Kris kicked Tao’s blanket as he was passing by. Tao moaned as he tried to get his blanket back. Kris sighed at the sight of the three guys lying on the floor – asleep.

“Luhan” he used his right foot to push Luhan in order for him to wake up. Luhan opened his eyes and immediately sat up. He looked around while rubbing his eye. “What time is it?” his voice was hoarse.

“Time to get your senses together… it’s already past 10” Kris answered as he was cleaning the mess that they’ve made that night.

“Already?!”Luhan suddenly stood then looked for his phone. “Aish! I still have practice…” he rushed to the bathroom.

“What’s with the fuss? Can you keep quiet?” Lay mumbled as he covered himself with his blanket. Tao crawled towards him and slept like a baby beside him.

“Just go to your rooms and sleep there” Kris kicked Tao’s . He moaned and groaned and eventually got up with his eyes still closed and dragged his body to his own room.

Lay stood and moved to the sofa. He continued sleeping. Kris shook his head. “Okay… just go and sleep the entire day…”

Kris cleaned the entire apartment. Luhan went to his practice while Tao and Lay were still sleeping.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked as he opened the door of their apartment. “Oh? Just… somewhere…” Seyeon answered.

“How about Jun?” he got out of their apartment and stood in front of her.

“He’ still sleeping… I told him last night that I’ll be going somewhere today” Seyeon reasoned out.

“You’re going alone?” he asked again. Seyeon felt uncomfortable with all his questions. She nodded. She wished he will not ask any questions. Kris looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

“Then take care of yourself. And if Jun wakes up, I’ll take care of him”

“Oh? Thanks…”

She took the elevator. Telling Kris of where she’s going will not be so good. She decided to go back to their house and pay a visit to their father. After all, he’s their father (stepfather) who (for some years) took care of them. Kris would be furious if he knew about her visit plan. He would never allow her in taking a step to that man’s house.

She was told that her father was not doing well and was sick. As a daughter, she felt a sense of responsibility.

She stood outside their house. She opened the door and the reeking smell of alcohol welcomed her. She entered and closed the door behind her. She heard the gibberish voices of people coming from the television. Her father was sleeping on the sofa. His face was pale and he looked older. Medicines for colds and flu were scattered on the side table. She shook her head as she looked around. It was a mess.

She started cleaning. She swept the floor, washed the dishes, washed her father’s dirty clothes, wiped the floor and did almost everything.

She pushed the door of her parents’ room open. It was very dark. She switched the light on but after some minutes it died. She changed the bulb and continued cleaning.

The wedding picture of her parents was placed on the table beside the bed. It was a long time ago. Her mother remarried and the man who was sleeping at the living room was the one who made her mother smile again. He was a good man back then. Her mother adopted Jun not long after their marriage. His father did not protest. When her mother died 6 years ago, he changed. He started acting like a different person. He started to gamble and drank like a crazy person. He became a violent person.

She felt she was living with a stranger. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter