Baby Don't Cry

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun Ji slowly walked towards the emergency room. Her heart can’t stop beating fast. She can’t stop her hands from shaking. She hated the hospital the most. She hated how it smells. She hated the sight of blood.  

She saw Jong In sitting alone at the bench just outside the operating room. His arms rested on his knees and his hands clamped together. She slowly approached him. He looked at her.

His eyes showed that he’s nervous and scared. It was the first time that she saw him like that. She knew him as a very strong person. She sat beside him. She did not say a word.

“I’m scared…” his voice was weak that she nearly did not get it. “What if…he doesn’t make it?” his voice was shaky. His father had a heart attack and they rushed him to the hospital.

She can’t help but look at him. She held his hands. “It will be alright…” she whispered.

He shook his head. “He’s very supportive of whatever I do…as his son…I should follow his footsteps…but here I am…dreaming of becoming a known dancer…” he was fighting with his tears.

“He’s very proud of whatever you do…That’s because he knows that you can make it…” she kneeled in front of him then looked at his face.

 “He’s strong…I know he’ll make it…just trust him…” her voice also became shaky but she tried not to cry because he’ll be affected if that happens.

“I did not even express how thankful I am to him…what if…what if…” his tears rolled down his cheeks. He tried to look away for her to not see him in that state but she held his face with her two hands.

She looked at his eyes. Tears can’t stop coming. She wiped his tears away with her thumb. “Everything will be all right…just have faith…” she hugged him tightly.

He hugged her back. Her heart was aching. She was sad just by looking at his friend’s sad and scared face. “Everything will be alright…” she assured him.

 

It has been 4 hours when they started the operation. Sehun went home to change his clothes. They just came from their dance practice when Jong In’s father had an attack.

Jong In’s mother also arrived and was patiently waiting for all those hours. Sun Ji was seated beside Jong In the whole time.

“Sun Ji-ah…” a tap on her shoulders woke her up. “Omoni (aunt)…” she rubbed her eyes. Jong In was leaning on her shoulder- asleep. “You should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter