Step Up! (2)

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you…” Seyeon lowered her head to hide her face. Kris looked at her. His grip on the steering wheel was tight. Jun was sleeping at the back of his car. She can’t lie to him anymore. He knows what’s really happening to her family.

“Do you have a place to stay?” Kris asked her while looking far away. “We’ll manage to look for one…as for this time---”

“I can provide one…” he cut her off. He looked at her. She was also looking at him. “You don’t have to do that…” she declined his offer. “If Sun Ji finds out about this, she’ll do the same thing…” he explained.

“It’ll be near our place…Do you still remember what I told you?” he was still looking at her. She nodded. “Just like what I said, I want to know what kind of person can make my cousin act like ‘that’. I want to know what kind of person she is willing to fight for… that’s why I’m trying to keep you near…” he continued.

“If you’re worried that I’m just using her to have money---” she started. “I’m not worried because I know you can’t. I’m just being curious…” he looked away.

*What did he say?* she asked herself. “You’re curious about me?” she asked with furrowed eyebrows. He nodded then turned to her side. “I’m curious about the person inside the strong and hard shell that you’re putting up…” he looked at her straight to the eyes. It felt like he was trying to talk with the ‘real’ her.

She felt helpless with what he told her. It felt like she was vulnerable and he was able to see it. She was always the strong and fighting girl that people know but she’s just a fragile soul inside – trying to fight for her own life which was being threatened. She felt helpless for the first time and she hated that.

“Think about my suggestion…moving out…I’ll be needing someone to be my guide here in Seoul anyway, maybe you can be helpful…” he looked away then back at her.

Seyeon felt some kind of electricity flowing all over her body while looking at him. He was the opposite of her ideal man but she can’t resist being attracted to him. He hated rich people but since the day she met Sun Ji, her thought was changed and now…she’s falling for a rich guy who she hated…at first.

 

“Sena!” Junmyeon came running towards her. “Why?” she asked him. “Lunch?” he walked beside her. *Please don’t push my brother away…I know you like him too…* Sun Ji’s voice came to her mind.

“O---okay” she nodded. *What did I just answer?* she bit her lower lip. “Do you want me to help you with that?” he pointed at her books and notes that she was holding. “No…I’m okay…I can carry them…” she shook her head.

A guy came fast with his bicycle and almost hit them. Junmyeon quickly pulled her over to his side and ended up wrapping his arms around her waist. Her books and notes came flying and scattered on the ground.

“Yah! Don’t you have eyes?!” Junmyeon yelled at the guy. He apologized immediately. “Are you okay?” he quickly asked her – worried. “I’m okay…” she nodded then looked at her things messed up on the ground. She started picking them. Junmyeon helped her.

Junmyeon stopped when he spotted something. He reached for a small picture lying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter